Start by marking “A Highlander for Christmas (Children of the Mist, #5)” as Want to Read:
A Highlander for Christmas (Children of the Mist, #5)

A Highlander for Christmas (Children of the Mist #5)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  284 ratings  ·  35 reviews
A SEASON OF MAGIC

As the bard of the MacGregor clan, Finlay Grant is a natural-born charmer. He can easily win the heart of any lass... but somehow, the right words to express his love for the stunning Leslie Harrison have eluded him. Yet as Christmastide approaches, Finn knows he must find a way to propose to the raven-haired beauty who has stolen his heart.

A BATTLE FOR TR
Published October 2nd 2012 by Forever Yours (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Highlander for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Highlander for Christmas

Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥
** Thank you babe for the gift ** (you know who you are)
Photobucket

This is an awesome book by an awesome author. Great job Paula Quinn! Photobucket
The Window Seat
At last! Finlay Grant has found the love of his life, and he knows about love because he is the bard of Clan MacGregor and he sings of love and war, happiness and sorrow every day; there could be no better judge! Finn knew from the moment he saw the beautiful Leslie Harrison, when she and her family sought refuge at Camlochlin on the Isle of Skye, that she was the one. But their politics did not mesh, him being a Catholic Highlander working to keep a like King James on the throne, while her fami ...more
Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥
You can find this review and more at Forever Book Lover.

I was so looking forward to Finlay's story and Paula Quinn did not let her readers down... Ok, at first I was disheartened, that one it was the last book in the series and that it was a novella but she did a wonderful job building the characters and not making you feel slighted. I would recommend you reading the entire series before starting with this one...

Finlay has found the love of his life and he is determined to marry her. Unfortunate
Terree
Joelle

A Highlander for Christmas
By Paula Quinn

5 stars

A SEASON OF MAGIC

As the bard of the MacGregor clan, Finlay Grant is a natural-born charmer. He can easily win the heart of any lass . . . But somehow, the right words to express his love for stunning Leslie Harrison have eluded him. Yet as Christmastide approaches, Finn knows he must find a way to propose to the raven-haired beauty who has stolen his heart.

A BATTLE FOR TRUE LOVE

A furious Leslie Harrison could run her brothers through for promising h
Deborah
As Always , Paula Quinn serves up a hot & steamy serving of Highlander romance .
Finlay Grant has finally fallen in love. It's taken him months to express his love to Leslie Harrison. He is finally ready to propose when her brother announces that he has contracted a marriage for Leslie. To a lowlander Marquess old enough to be her father . The love of Finn's life is to be used as a pawn for her family. Ah, but Finn isn't ready to let the woman he loves go without a fight.
Paula Quinn knows ho
Carolyn
Finn's story was perfect! Now, I want to go back and start at the beginning reading all the books in the MacGregors and Children of the Mist series again! Sigh. :)
Viviane Crystal
Finlay Grant is determined to wed the love of his life. As he is a super-handsome bard of the MacGregor clan and a charmer to be sure, the task seems simple. Yet history is a major obstacle because the family of Leslie Harrison considers him and his family "enemies" of England. So he is first warned off her and Leslie is told she is betrothed to another, an arrangement that both repulses her and yet is complicated because it involves the future safety and well-being of her own mother. This is de ...more
Melanie
Finlay Grant is a mix of Beta and Alpha hero. As a famous bard of the MacGregor clan, his skill with words matches the one with weapons. Females of all ages are smitten with him and would love it if he’d make up his mind to marry one of them and take himself off the market, so long as he doesn't pick the Lowlander that’s been hiding out with her family among them.

Leslie Harrison has tender feelings for this charming and handsome man, but he’s been forever procrastinating in declaring himself to
Farrah
This review also appears on my blog at http://www.thegoldenruleof666.blogspo...

This was an adorable little romantic novella. A nice, sweet, quick read.

Leslie was a determined heroine. My one problem with this novella was that, at one point, her determination noticeably falters. It just didn't fit with the rest of her actions and irritated me a little. But, besides that, I really like Leslie. She was a lovely heroine.

Finn was so sweet. Ohmygoodness, I just wanted to give him a hug, he was just so
My Book Addiction and More MBA
A HIGHLANDER FOR CHRISTMAS by Paula Quinn is delightful Medieval Scotland historical romance. A wonderful conclusion to the "Children of the Mist" series about the MacGregor clan,but far too short,an e-book novella.See,"Conquered by the Highlander","Tamed by the Highlander","Seduced by the Highlander", and "Ravished by the Highlander".Finlay Grant, the bard of the MacGregor clan, and a charmer has fallen in love with the the lass, Leslie Harrison,a lowlander who her and her family has come to th ...more
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by: JoAnne
Book provided by: NetGalley
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

This was an historical romance set in Scotland in the late 1600′s and is part of Quinn’s Highlander series which I didn’t realize when I started to read it. There were references to past stories that I didn’t feel I had enough information about so, for me, I wouldn’t consider it a stand alone story.

The characters were mostly big, brawny Scotsmen (or Highlanders). The woman were feisty in their own right e
Rachel
Finn!! Oh how I adore and love the Bard even more than I already did! It was such a joy to step back into the world of Camlochlin and the MacGregors and Grants! I really loved the little glimpses into the sweet and loving home life of all the former couples....warmed my heart!

Finn has always been the lover, not the fighter...and then he meets Leslie and every docile instinct he has falls to the wayside in order to make her his own. I love the way he champions her cause, is willing to do everyth
Robin
I knew after reading the first chapter that this story was not going to interest me much. My whole visual of Finlay (our hero) was not one of the typical alpha highlanders I'm used to reading about, the ones that wield swords and are incredibly intimidating (which I love btw), but one of a man with a more sensitive nature. Although he was also referred to as a warrior, I just couldn't imagine it no matter how hard I tried. He was a poet who used his words, especially when speaking to Leslie, he ...more
Kari
What an awesome conclusion to this wonderful series of Paula Quinn's Highlander romance novels. 5+ stars.

It is a novella written with depth. I know the MacGregors and the Grants from Paula's novels and there are 6 books all together. This was a beautiful and much anticipated finish of the MacGregors and the Grants. Finn, the handsome and charming bard, has found true love. I enjoyed to read up about some of the other MacGregors and Grants. It almost felt like visiting with old family or cousins
Babs
A cute short read of love and trust. Leslie has fallen for a highlander Finn. Before Finn can propose marriage Leslie's brother has other plans for Leslie and their whole family. They are to move back to their old home place where Leslie does not want to go and he has promised her to another man. Finn and Leslie are upset and before Finn can try and help Leslie and her family heads out that night. Can Finn save her from the doom of the marriage and have her to himself?

The characters are well tog
Linda
Yea finally,Finley Grant's love story, the handsome bard of the macGregor clan and Camlochin on the Ilse of Skye falls in love! Finley falls for Leslie Harrison a Presbyterian living amongst all theScottish Chatholics , having fled their home in Dumphries in the wake of a king who would wipe them out; she is smart and sassy and Fin can not resist her however his best laid plans o we'd her will be challenged by the machinations of her brotherso secure there safety and return home o Dumfries. Finl ...more
Mary E
Paula Quinn continues to give us more of the wonder McGregors and Grants! Finlay Grant's story was entertaining, fun and oh my gosh, Finn! We finally get to see what this amazing character is made of! And of course, we want more!! You'll love this read....but just one thing....
WARNING! NOT A SPOILER ALERT BUT JUST LETTING YOU KNOW...
After you read this novella, you will immediately want to re-read your favorite Children of the Mist book.. Seriously! I thought Laird of the Mist was my favorite- I
Jilly
Always like Highlander tales but this was definitely entertaining even though I do believe it is part of a larger series (though that wasn't indicated) and I missed something. Still it was possible to get the idea behind what was happening and I'm hoping to read the other books I discovered go along with this one.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Love comes for Leslie and Finn, but her eldest brother almost screws it up by negotiating a marriage for her to a cruel man. Thankfully Finn is a good and brave man who helps keep her and her family from death. Being all together for Christmas at his castle enhances the merriment. Good short read!!
Kim
Hot damn is Finn hot! (Well he's Scottish, so duh.) Is there anything hotter than a man who's willing to fight tooth and nail for the woman he loves? I'm definitely adding Quinn's other Highlander books to my to-read piles.
Erin*
It was short and to the point, but I love love love this series and I love this story with all the others and it was great to see everyone from the series at Christmas time. It makes me wish I was there with them.
Danette
Well. This was pretty much what I expected. Mindless bodice ripper, short and to the point (thankfully). I haven't read anything like this since.. college maybe?
JoAnne
To read my review on Romancing-the-Book.com click on the link below:

Antoinette the Book Junkie
Finn is indeed a warrior. Just a warrior with a different path. He is a man that is able to use his words to gain results instead of his brawn.
No one does Highlanders better than Paula Quinn ! One teenie tiny complaint- too short!!!!!
Care
Cute novella. While Finn was never my favorite of the gang, I did like his story.
Sherry
I like Paula Quinn. She's a good author and her books are fun reads.
Kelley (Against GR Censorship)
meh, 2 1\2 stars. I'm not big on the Christmas novellas.
Greenabsinthia
Paula Quinn has, yet again, given us an amazing story.
  • The Trouble With Highlanders (The Sutherlands #2)
  • The Rebel (Highlander Trilogy, #0.5)
  • A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4.5)
  • The Warrior (Return of the Highlanders, #3)
  • The Hunter (Highland Guard, #7)
  • X Marks the Scot (Bad Boys of the Highlands, #2)
  • The Highlander's Conquest (Stolen Bride, #2)
  • Seducing the Highlander (McTiernay Brothers, #5)
  • Highland Lover (Scottish Knights Trilogy, #3)
  • Upon a Winter's Night (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3.5)
  • Devil's Own (Clan MacAlpin, #2)
  • Temptation of a Highland Scoundrel (Highland Warriors, #2)
  • My Wild Highlander (Highland Adventure #2)
Paula Quinn is a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author of medieval and Scottish historical romance. To date, four of her nine books have garnered a starred review from Publishers Weekly. Her latest, The Seduction of Miss Amelia Bell is the first book in the Highland Heirs series and will be available March 2014. The series features the grown children of the beloved MacGregors from the Children ...more
More about Paula Quinn...
Laird of the Mist (MacGregors, #1) Ravished by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #1) Seduced by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #2) A Highlander Never Surrenders (MacGregors, #2) Tamed by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #3)