A Timeless Romance Anthology: Winter Collection

A Timeless Romance Anthology: Winter Collection (A Timeless Romance Anthology)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  358 ratings  ·  79 reviews
Six Award-Winning Authors have contributed brand new stories to A Timeless Romance Anthology: Winter Collection. A collection unlike any other, readers will love this compilation of six sweet historical romance novellas, set in varying eras, yet all with one thing in common: Romance.

Published October 1st 2012 by Mirror Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about A Timeless Romance Anthology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Timeless Romance Anthology

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

I thoroughly enjoyed this anthology! Each story is set in a different era, and some are witty, some poignant, some inspirational...six novellas, each a romantic, pleasant, entertaining read.
Cover Blurb-

The Road to C
Kathy
What a great collection, I’m not even the least bit surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. I was excited when I first heard about this anthology and couldn’t wait for its release. I was looking forward to reading from some of my favorite authors as well as being introduced to new ones. I hope these authors come together again and provide us with lots more. I normally am not a huge fan of short stories, I always want more, but I thought this was a great collection. I enjoyed all of them, but...more
Joyce
Yes, I'm one of the authors in this anthology, but I hadn't read the other stories until now. Here are some of my thoughts:

"The Road to Cavan Town," by Sarah M. Eden: A very sweet, heart-warming romance. Lovely start to the anthology.

"It Happened Twelfth Night", by Heidi Ashworth: Some of the best eye lash lines since Georgette Heyer's "The Nonesuch." Beautifully descriptive and the romance was sweet and fun.

"An Unexpected Proposal," by Annette Lyon: Romance in 1880 Logan, Utah. A young girl lea...more
KatLynne
A nice collection of six Romantic Short Stories. The time periods cover Medieval, Regency, Mid-Victorian in both Ireland and America as well as the turn of the century beginning in New York City.

All are clean, sweet love stories.

The Road to Caven Town by Sarah M Eden - 3.5 Stars
It Happened Twelfth Night by Heidi Ashworth - 4 stars
An Unexpected Proposal by Annette Lyon - 2.5 stars
Caroles on the Green by Joyce Dispastena - 3 stars
A Winter's Knight by Donna Hatch - 3 stars
A Fortunate Exile by Hea...more
Heidi
Oct 11, 2012 Heidi rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
This is a lovely book full of sweet stories that will satisfy your craving for romance. It was fun to see what each author came up with and how they put their own spin on "winter romance". The time periods cover medieval, regency, the mid Victorian era (but in Ireland and America) and on through to the turn of the last century. So much fun!
Heidi
This is exactly what I needed. I LOVED it! So fun to try the "short stories" for a change. Three of the authors: Donna Hatch, Sarah M Eden, and Joyce DiPastena are three of my favorite authors, so I had no doubt that I would love it. I wasn't as familiar with the authors: Heidi Ashworth , Annette Lyon, and Heather B. Moore, but I thoroughly enjoyed their stories too and I'm excited to read more of their books! I loved the characters and the plots and thought they were amazingly developed for as...more
Chrissy
This was my first experience with "short stories." I like them all, I only wished they were longer :). Really, though, this was fun.
Alisa
Wow! Great way to get several great romances by several great authors for one low price! Usually, when I read a short story I feel like I didn't even get to know the characters very well! I did not feel that way with any of these stories -- they were all well done!

"The Road to Cavan Town" - by Sarah M. Eden -- (Ireland 1864) -- Alice Wheatley meets Isaac Dancy as they walk the dozen miles to and from Cavan every weekend. She is going home from her weekday job; he is going to court the wealthy an...more
Kristen
Really enjoyed this collection of short stories!!!

Going to break it down by each one:

The Road to Cavan Town - Sarah Eden - 4 Stars (Clean)

An Unexpected Proposal - Anette Lyon - 4 Stars (Moral Note: A man leers at a woman and grabs her breast)

It Happened Twelfth Night - Heidi Ashworth - 3 Stars (this one felt really rushed to me)

Caroles on the Green - Joyce DiPastena - 5 Stars - Really liked it

A Winter's Knight - Donna Hatch - 5 Stars - First Donna Hatch read, loving her!!!

A Fortunate Exile - He...more
Deborah
What a fun collection! I was finally able to set aside some time and really read this(it's been CRAZY)! I was not disappointed! I like some of the stories better then others but over all it was a nice escape.

I will say that I'm not sure I love short stories. I like them because I can start and finish them in an hour or more. But I dislike them because I so badly want the story to go on and for there to be more build up. I just want more!!!

Charity Bradford
This was a perfect quick read. It contained six historical romance short stories that were perfect for my "waiting for the bus" times of day. The stories were sweet as they hopped through time.

If I had to pick my favorites they would be: It Happened Twelfth Night, Caroles on the Green, and A Winter's Knight.
Kathy Jo
Love... love... LOVE all the stories in this book! All were very sweet, quick reads and of course came with HEA! This is going to be a must read every year at Christmas time! :o)
Cathy
Short stories = short romances. Very enjoyable - quick reads, perfect for a long treadmill workout. :)

The Road to Cavan Town by Sarah M. Eden, set in 1864 Ireland, combines Eden’s sense of humor with her signature s...more
Julie
I was so excited to see new novellas offered by some of my favorite historical fiction writers all in one place. The Timeless Romance Anthology offers six novellas by six best-selling authors. My favorite Regency romance author, Sarah Eden had the first story, The Road to Cavan Town, and it did not disappoint. She has a way of completely engrossing me in the setting and time period while making me love the characters. Sarah has a new book out this month, too, and I will be first in line to get i...more
Sheila
I was so thrilled to get to read a collection of stories written by some of my favorite authors. I know that these women can write, and I have read their previous work. I have to say I was not disappointed. The best part is that these are clean stories full of romance. Reading this anthology was like eating a platter of appetizers: you were able to get yummy bites of everything. The only thing I didn't like is that I would just start to get into the story and then it would be done. All of these...more
Andrea
This anthology has six romantic short stories by popular authors Sarah M. Eden, Heidi Ashworth, Annette Lyon, Joyce DiPastena, Donna Hatch, and Heather B. Moore.

Donna Hatch is new to me, but I have read (and enjoyed) many books by the rest of the authors, so I was really excited to receive this eBook for review. And, I was very happy with Donna's story, A Winter's Knight. I'll be looking for more of her books!

All of the stories had sweet, clean romances. I can't quite decide if not wanting some...more
Wanda Luce
I recently had the great pleasure of reading "A Timeless Romance Anthology: Winter Collection." Each story does great credit to these heralded authors from whom we have come to expect the finest in historical fiction. I stand in awe of the skill with which each of them has crafted these wonderful stories of love. Each author has penned a richly textured romance that I shall not soon forget, each story so vivid and alive, so vibrant and descriptive. I found myself transported not only back in tim...more
Aimee
What is happier than reading one book with so many of your favorite romance authors? I was so excited to get my hands on this book because just based on the authors and blurbs above I knew I was in for some great stories. I was not disappointed.

I love anthologies. It's like getting lots of flavors of ice cream, but it's all still ice cream. You know? Ice cream is yummy. Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, cookies & cream, . . .

This book was so good. I traveled all over the world and all through...more
Karen Adair
So many characters, so many unique stories! And yet they all had one thing in common. Love: powerful, beautiful, illusive, unrequited, and forever sought after. Throughout the course of these six beautiful stories, my heart raced as each new romance was introduced. Whose heart wouldn't suffer at the pains of lost love? Or watching your best friend love someone undeserving? The betrayal of innocence resonated with me the most, and the hope that sprung from "A Fortunate Exile." I'm still sighing....more
Cathy
I was so excited to get the chance to read and review this book. The stories in it are written by my very favorite romance authors. This book has 6 distinct romance novellas all set in different locations ranging from medieval England to Ireland to America. The stories in each one were so fun to read! I loved that they were short and easy to read quickly. I enjoyed the characters in each story, although I think it would be fun to see longer versions of each of these novellas! I noticed at the en...more
Tima
Six romantic stories from long ago. Each story is set at or near Christmas lending to a more charming setting. It's more difficult to review an anthology with so many different authors because each story is so different. But I enjoyed all of the stories in this book. Each story was sweet, romantic, and entertaining. Clean (no sex) stories that are enchanting and fun for the romance lover. The pros would be that I enjoy a good romantic story, they are short and quick reading for the busy person,...more
Rachel Devaughn
Loved this short story collection. I was only familiar with one author out of the six-Heather Moore-but everyone did a fantastic job!!
Curl up on the couch with your kindle and enjoy reading short stories from women from another time period. I personally love reading books set in another time period and reading what was "scandelous" behavior back in the day. Each story drew me in with the characters and drama. I love romantic feel good stories!
Reading each short story made me wanting more from...more
Cathleen
This was so fun to read - I loved every single story. The stories were all unique and I loved discovering some new authors that I will now be looking for. All the stories were set in winter with lots of snow and cold. I actually felt cold to the bone during and after this read. But I was still glad to see some snow now here in our valley. The only set back with these short stories is there isn't enough time to really build up the tension between the main characters. I would have loved a longer s...more
Heather
Oct 02, 2012 Heather rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
6 historical romance novellas by 6 award-winning authors. I had a hard time deciding which story was my favorite, so I guess I'll just have to love them all. It was great to read something short from each author . . . I'd read books by all of the authors except for Donna Hatch. So when I read her story and loved it, I went and bought one of her other ebooks to read. I'm not normally a short story reader, but these romances were clean, quick reads, and I didn't feel like I was missing out on long...more
Cheri
Some of my favorite authors teaming up for a romance anthology? I'm so there.

And they still blew my expectations out of the water. I loved each story and can't wait for the spring collection! Each of these stories delivered romance as it should be--though in the author's particular style. I loved Joyce DiPastena's Isabel and Lucian and would read an entire novel about them. And getting to see Heather Moore show off her talent at romance was truly a treat. I can't recommend this anthology enough....more
Cheryl Mclaws
I wish I could rate each of the stories individually instead of all together. The best one of the bunch was the first one by Sarah M. Eden. I understand that short stories make it hard to really develop characters and story lines, but a few of the stories were just ridiculous. Also, there were A LOT of grammatical and editing mistakes in a couple of the stories that made it hard to focus on the story when I was having to stop and figure out and decipher what was being said. Very distracting.
Valerie
I LOVED every single one of these stories. Maybe it was because they were all during Christmas and I knew they would have a happy, love story ending. Each author did a great job with doing a wonderful short story. The only bad part, is each story could have been a full length novel, and I was so sad when each one ended. But at the end of the book, it said there is another Short Story collection coming in the spring. I can't wait!
Melissa
I did like this collections, some stories more than others. Some of the tales seemed very implausible (in a love a first sight bleeds into immediate happily ever after sort of way). Some stories were absolutely better than others, but being a collection of short stories I was moved through stories quickly enough not to be too annoyed with any of them. Overall a fun little read.
Tara Clark
This group of romance novellas are about the best novellas I've ever read. Each one is romantic and engaging! I got into each one and just finished each with a huge sappy grin on my face! Can't wait for the spring edition in 2013, although I'm sad Donna Hatch isn't a part of it. I must admit that hers was my favorite!! Just loved it all! A must read!!
Melissa
I really enjoyed reading all of these short stories. My favorite had to be Sarah Eden's tho she has a way of creating great tension between her characters. I liked each short story a lot but found Joyce's story a little muddled in the beginning. It was worth the 4$ kindle price and this is one I am glad I bought so I can go back and read again.
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Spring Vacation Collection
  • A Candlelight Courting: A Short Christmas Romance
  • All I Want
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • She Owns the Knight
  • Carla Kelly's Christmas Collection
  • A Bargained-For Bride
  • Captive Heart
  • Second Chances
  • Masquerade
  • Chances Are
  • Emma: A Latter-Day Tale
  • A December Bride (A Year of Weddings, #1)
  • Do Over (Alpine, #4)
  • Isabelle Webb: The Pharaoh's Daughter
  • The Legend of Shannonderry
The Kiss of a Stranger Seeking Persephone (The Lancaster Family #1) Friends and Foes (The Jonquil Brothers #1) Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family #2) Drops of Gold (The Jonquil Brothers #2)