Start by marking “Butterfly Weeds (Butterfly Weeds, #1)” as Want to Read:
Butterfly Weeds (Butterfly Weeds, #1)

Butterfly Weeds (Butterfly Weeds #1)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  2,878 ratings  ·  411 reviews
A National Bestseller

If you got a second chance to be with your first love, would you take it?

"One of the most beautiful love stories I have ever read." ~Jelena's Book Blog

"5 stars!" ~Back Porch Romance Book Reviews

Julia Lang expected a nice night away from the office—free of thoughts about the case, her failed engagement, her past. But she should have known better. Her pa
Paperback, Special, 308 pages
Published June 12th 2012 by Createspace (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Butterfly Weeds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Butterfly Weeds

Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëTwilight by Stephenie MeyerThe Notebook by Nicholas SparksRomeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
Best Love Stories
306th out of 3,069 books — 6,709 voters
Easy by Tammara WebberBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireWallbanger by Alice ClaytonOn Dublin Street by Samantha YoungHopeless by Colleen Hoover
True Stand Alones Worth Reading
145th out of 663 books — 805 voters

More lists with this book...

Dd

Butterfly Weeds....

The story of a butterfly weed waiting for it's butterfly to come back to it.

“Tell me you’ve seen the world.
Now, you’ve come back home
Tell me you’ve carried me with you,
That you’ve held me close.
Tell me you’ve missed me
Or that I’m not crazy for waiting cause
Of all the butterflies that chose to stay,
I’m in love with the one that got away”

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Readers!

Are you wondering why did I chose to read this book all of a s
Aestas Book Blog
WOW. I don’t even know where to start on this one!

I. SOBBED.

S O B B E D.

Seriously, guys. Ugly tears at the end. That LETTER!!! *wipes tears*

Like I actually spent 10 minutes curled up in my husband’s arms crying.

Ok, first off, don’t be freaked out. Its technically a HEA in that they spend the rest of their lives together, but it was a long and rough journey to get there.

I need to be clear on the rating first. To me, it was a 4 star book that pulled 5 star emotions out of me. The hero was a 5 st
Abbie
4.5 “I love you, and I’m sorry,” stars
Butterfly weeds
“It’s a butterfly weed,” he said softly, releasing the flower into my hands.

Julia and Will have been together for three years, but Julia wants to go off to college. Will wants to be a fire-fighter. But when they go their separate ways, they drift apart...

Will and Julie first met in their first year of high-school, but were only friends. That is, until Will finally gets the courage to ask her out. They're together until Julia leaves for college- but they bre
Amy ** thebookmuseSubClubBooks ** J
Nov 16, 2012 Amy ** thebookmuseSubClubBooks ** J rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: HEA obsessed
Recommended to Amy ** thebookmuseSubClubBooks ** J by: Amy
4.5 **** STARS

I want to give this book 5 stars but it would be purely based on my obsessiveness for HAPPILY EVER AFTER endings. I require angst in a good love story however the angst in this story is far different than the angst normally found in romance books which is why this story is so flipping good. Will is beyond SWOOOOOOON worthy. He realizes the error of his ways and waits..then fights FINALLY, then waits some more. Jules (I love this more than Julia because it reminds me of Will)goes
Lise *friends don't flag*
This is going to be my first "darn you Maryse" review. So... I couldn't sleep last night and around 1:00 AM I checked Maryse's facebook page and saw chatter about this book. I had already downloaded it a few days ago, but was reading two other books. Well... I started reading this one and never did go back to sleep and now I have an event to attend at 8:00 AM. Zzzzzzz...sleepy eyes -_-

The book is a very, very sweet and heart warming story of first and everlasting love. The way the author opens t
Anna
Why am I crying like I just watched The Notebook !?!?

Holy cry-fest !
At 75% I was angry .... I did not agree with Jules decisions while she was spreading her wings ! She wasted so many good years... Years they should have been TOGETHER

At 90% I'm uncontrollably sobbing. Will kept his promises !!!!! He never gave up ! Finally she realizes that he was always THE ONE !!!!

Now at 100% I'm back to angry ..... I need more ! I need more of their time and the in betweens and some of the happily-ever-afte
Lisa
This is one of the most beautiful love stories I have ever read. I just finished this book, with tears rolling down my face. You will not find "steamy" love scenes in this book. What you will find is a true love story that lasts the test of time.

Will and Julie find each other at sixteen years old and their young love grows as each year passes until its time to separate for college. Julia has big dreams and Will is a hometown boy who's only dream is Julia. Will always refers to Julia as his beaut
Amy (BW)
5 stars....though, at first, my gut was telling me 4. I'm getting more and more worked up over this book as I'm sitting here writing this review and to me...that means...throw the extra one up! Laura Miller...You've earned it. All 5 baby!

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

The first part of the the book goes from Will taunting Jules with his amazing

skills to

becoming her sweetheart.
Eventually as in real life, high school ends and
Erica
Once I stop crying I'm going to write this book a review.

....Unfortunately, I can't stop crying so I guess I'm going to have to write through the tears.

Beautiful.

"I let life get in the way of us only to realize that I didn't really have a life without you in it"

This story was completely and utterly beautiful. It had my heart from the beginning. I fell completely in love with Will. He is without a doubt the most incredible male character I've read about in a long time. I'm not sure what makes
Manda *Just Bitch*
I can't write a review for this ATM. Just read it! Jules will piss you off many times along the way. But Will, he's perfect and patient and oh just read this beautiful story!!

I do want to note that I'm from small town Missouri and I wanna say....this author rocks!!!! She nailed it about our country fun:)

And I don't want to forget that it helped for me that I got to read this w/two of the BEST buddy readers...Emilia and Mags;)
Amy (Foxy)
This book was more of a 3 star for me until I got towards the end. Will's concert and thereafter bumped the stars up for me.
The end made me cry (very The Notebook feel).

I still hate Julia and her selfish ways. She doesn't deserve his love. I love Will and wish I had met him while I was in high school.
Drh
INEED A MINUTE ....another one ...maybe one more.. I literally can not breathe..I'm still wiping away tears!!!
This has got to be one of the purest love stories i have read, lets say it was one of the best love stories i have ever had the privilege of reading...SIMPLY AMAZING..!!!

Emotional read that will leave you hoping for a love like this,will touch the very essence of your heart.One of the best love stories that I've ever read.. This book touched me in so many ways that I am having such diff
Kirsty
This was one of the most beautiful books I have ever had the pleasure of reading.
From the very first chapter I was sucked in to Julia's world and wanted to know her secrets. What were the words to the song that literally had her stop in her tracks? Who was the man behind them? I could not wait to find out.
After that first chapter the story went back in time right to the very start of Julia and Will's story. And what a beautiful, heart wrenching story it was. I loved every single minute of it, e
Kristin
Well, I didn't like this book as much as some people seemed to but it was good. It was super syrupy sweet with little to no drama at all. Totally YA without a drop of steam to be seen. Emotional I suppose, because really, who among us can't relate to at least SOME of this?! First love and the pain of moving forward and looking back with longing. The songs that Will wrote were genuinely beautiful and the ending total had me tearing up.

Beyond that, I found myself kind of waiting for something to
Maria
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
This is a truly beautiful heartwarming story!
Will is loving, playful, patient, loyal, just perfect!! His love conquered Jules! There were so many times when my heart was breaking for him, but he remained strong & steady.
Jules never really forgot him or their love, she was just working towards her goals and needed the time to stop & look into her heart. Thank God everything finally clicked for her.
I cried happy & sad tears for Will & Jules. I don't think I will ever forget their
Mauve7
A beautiful story about a love that surpasses time and obstacles. Julia and Will are one of my favorite fictional couples of all time. Their love is so wonderful it had me smiling almost the entire book.

And the ending. Gah, the ending! It was heartbreaking and gorgeous and amazing and I'm still thinking about it. This is a story that will stay with you and you'll definitely come back to it, just so you can revel in the lyrical words and their meaning.

I loved that music played an important part
Claire Contreras
If you look up the word "love story" in the dictionary, this book should be under the definition for it. It is an absolutely beautiful story about undying love. Amazing.

"Now you and I both know that I'll wait a lifetime for you- remember, Butterfly Weeds never give up..."

"As for the war, I surrendered." <3 This is still making me cry.
Kathy
Butterfly Weeds is definitely one of my favorite books of 2012; I couldn't put this one down. I was so spellbound by the story of Julia and Will. I will forever love and be captivated by Will Stephens; I only wish I knew someone like him in real life. I rarely, if ever, list a book as a must read, but I am putting Butterfly Weeds into the Must Read category.

This book touched me in so many ways that I am having such difficulty finding the words to explain and do the book justice. I was so enthral
Jill

Oh my God. I cannot tell you the last time a book had me such an emotional wreck. I have never read a love story as powerful as Jules and Will's. When I started the last chapter I was so hoping I was reading it wrong, and while it was so romantically beautiful it was a heart breaking ending to me. My heart ached for Will through the entire book. I wanted him to show her he was fighting for her because I knew he was and I wanted Julia to run back to him every minute even if she wasn't sure he wa
Lena Isabelle
MY HEART. MY SHEDDING TEARS. It's The Notebook all over again everyone knows how they went with that lol *cries*. Growing up reading his novels, this one really hit home and it really hit HARD. Oh, but this was so beautiful and I absolutely lost it so many times I've lost count - had no shame, no control, no nothin'! Coming from someone who's not an easy crier while reading her books.
My favourite quote:
"Where have you been?
I’ve missed you so
Tell me of your travels
Tell me you’ve seen the world
HILLZ
I enjoyed the story, but struggled with the heroine & the hero for that matter. Neither one of them fought at all for what they wanted. Even to the very end. I would have thought at some point sooner one of them would have become a little more assertive, but the misery just kept dragging on.
Christy
A beautiful love story that I read in one sitting, at times I found myself getting frustrated with Julia but I did like her. Will was so swoony, I'm not going to lie, when I started reading the songs he wrote I got a little tearful! A sweet book to check out.
Daisy the Rock Star
I started reading this book at 6 pm pulled an all nighter bc I could not put it down. But before I got beyond 15% I started asking my book group buddies for a tad of info I didn't want to continue if it had a bad ending for Will. Any how I'm very happy I continue reading, Will was an exceptional young man and more amazing as an adult, what a beautiful love story so much angst but he would not give up on his butterfly, Jules got on my nerves a lot of the times but he made up for all her stupidity ...more
Rhonda
Okay people cry like a baby, warning........if your looking for an emotional investment look no further, because Butterfly Weeds has it in spades...
WOW isn't even close to describing the feeling I have for this book. I kept hearing tear jerker,cry fest,made be blubber, but though I got this and by 74% I was thinking what am I missing? I love the book I just wasn't feeling the tears, Well by 76% it hit I became concerned that we would not receive a happy ending but I have to say never fear you ro
Kristine
“Now, you and I both know that I’ll wait a lifetime for you – remember, Butterfly Weeds never give up – so take your time down there. And tonight, as you watch that big, orange sun disappear into the earth and your world gradually grow dark, I’ll help God turn on the stars, and I’ll wait for my dawn – when you return to me, Julia Stephens.

I love you, My Butterfly. You’ll always be my endless song.

Love always and forever,
Your one and only Butterfly Weed, Will”

---cried a bunch with this book. On
★Emilia★
5 stars!!!

Review to come

This was a beautiful story and I just need some time to compose myself
 photo rdjcry_zps095d51ed.gif
Barbie
If you love romance, and a good old-fashioned love story, you must read this book. The author does a fantastic job of sharing the story of Jules & Will...so bittersweet. I was completely sucked in and felt like I was watching a movie instead of reading a book. I laughed, I sighed, got frustrated, and I cried...ugly cry even. Please read this book and enjoy:)
Jill
Wow! It was Sweet Home Alabama & The Notebook all rolled into one emotional love story. I cried. A lot. I am so glad I came across this beautiful story! Although I wanted to kill Julia through most of the book, I finally was able to forgive her. Will was.....perfect. My heart truly broke for him several times. This is one of new favorite books!
Sara

An amazing love story. Beautifully written. I'm still wiping away tears. You will easily fall in love with the characters.
Justin
Simple and enjoyable. Those two words are probably the best ways to describe Butterfly Weeds. It's a simple love story that takes you on an enjoyable journey while Julia attempts to figure out her life. While reading the book, I could really tell that Laura put her heart into this book. She was able to project things in ways that made you want to keep reading, and have a great time following the characters in the book. Laura is a fantastic writer, and you will see that when you read this book. I ...more
  • The Final Piece
  • Ten Days of Perfect (November Blue, #1)
  • The Boots My Mother Gave Me
  • Back to You
  • Incidental Happenstance
  • Lost and Found (Emi Lost & Found, #1)
  • Happy Hour (Racing on the Edge, #1)
  • Just Remember to Breathe (Thompson Sisters, #4)
  • Coming Home (Jackson Falls, #1)
  • I Love You to Death (I Love You, #1)
  • My Only (Versions, #1)
  • When We Collide
  • Watch over Me
  • The Sweet Gum Tree
  • Rock and Roll Never Forgets (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #1)
  • Broken Fairytales (Broken Fairytales, #1)
  • Champagne Toast (Love of My Life, #2)
  • Pieces of Lies (Pieces of Lies, #1)
LAURA MILLER is the national bestselling author of the novels, Butterfly Weeds, My Butterfly, For All You Have Left and By Way of Accident. She grew up in eastern Missouri, graduated from the University of Missouri-Columbia and spent some time as a newspaper reporter prior to writing fiction. Laura currently lives in the Midwest with her husband. Visit her and learn more about her books at LauraMi ...more
More about Laura Miller...

Butterfly Weeds (2 books)
  • My Butterfly (Butterfly Weeds, #2)
My Butterfly (Butterfly Weeds, #2) For All You Have Left By Way of Accident

“Tell me you’ve seen the world.
Now, you’ve come back home
Tell me you’ve carried me with you,
That you’ve held me close.
Tell me you’ve missed me
Or that I’m not crazy for waiting cause
Of all the butterflies that chose to stay,
I’m in love with the one that got away”
96 likes
“More than every once in awhile,
More than most dreams,
More than just my heart,
More than anything,
More than you know,
And more than I can say,
I’ve loved you more