Start by marking “Jill Kismet: The Complete Series” as Want to Read:
Jill Kismet: The Complete Series

Jill Kismet: The Complete Series (Jill Kismet #1-6)

Not everyone can take on the things that go bump in the night.

Not everyone tries.

But Jill Kismet is not just anyone.

She's a Hunter, trained by the best --- and in over her head.

Welcome to the night shift...

The omnibus edition of Jill Kismet contains: Night Shift, Hunter's Prayer, Redemption Alley, Flesh Circus, Heaven's Spite and Angel Town.
Published January 22nd 2013 by Orbit (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Jill Kismet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jill Kismet

Andi Marquette
Okay, kids. This is over a thousand pages because it's all 6 of Saintcrow's Jill Kismet books: Night Shift, Hunter's Prayer Redemption Alley Flesh Circus Heaven's Spite and Angel Town.

I originally purchased Night Shift on its own. I was already familiar with Saintcrow's writing through her Dante Valentine character, but I wanted to give Jill Kismet a try and holy smack a Hellbreed, I'm glad I did. I finished Night Shift and then downloaded the complete series and read the next 5 back to back.

I r
Fate's Lady
I read the first book, and even though nothing specifically made me want to put it down, I found myself more "getting through it" than enjoying it. Now about a quarter of the way through the second book, I'm finally out of steam. It's not that it's so awful that I can't stand it, it's just that there's nothing all that interesting driving me to finish it. The main character's primary ability seems to be to break ribs and bleed a lot while solving supernatural crimes, and the same old description ...more
Dimitra
Jul 03, 2013 Dimitra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh the quotes.... Especially if you role-play, then you will find a few useful epic statements :)
These books are full of pure fun, kick ass fights , adrenaline junkie stunts and some moments that will have you rereading them just to feel the goosebumps... Plus a very very likeable villain!!! And plots aplenty!
Read this!
Dawn Wood
Dec 30, 2013 Dawn Wood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark-fantasy, heroins
Saintcrow writes about a tainted heroin with the weight of the world on her shoulders. There's crimes to solve, hell breed to be stopped and souls to save, most notably Kissmet's own. The action and drama are thoroughly enjoyable in each of these books and though the resemblance to the Dante Valentine stories is striking the story in my opinion reads much better.
Saintcrow needs to work on her repetition. Reading the books back to back brings to light cases where cut and paste seems to be the wr
Moora-Moora
Feb 03, 2017 Moora-Moora rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Within the first five minutes, I was hooked. I read all these in record time.
If you like the idea of strong women, hellish things, a little romance (But not to the point where it's all the books are about), and some serious killing, these books are for you.
I don't like putting spoilers in reviews, so I won't, but trust me when I say, these are worth getting your hands on.
Alice
Night Shift- Kismet is a character that just jumps off the page at you. She's compelling and simply draws you into the mystery of who she is. One compliant I have about this first book is that Saintcrow just dumps Saul into the mix and, as a reader, I don't feel that I have a good idea of why he's there or what Jill sees in him. All in all an enjoyable first book that doesn't suffer from a second reading.

Hunters Prayer- This one is so much better than I remember it being. From the Sorrows to the
Kayla

Jill kismet series by Lilith Saintcrow (Book Review)

Original review HERE: http://miss-mistwraith.tumblr.com/pos...

Okay guys! I read this series as one book really, because I bought the one that had all six books in one. I will review all 1371 pages of it as one book.

This series threw me off at first. Having read the Dante Valentine series (once again in the complete series book) first, I was confused when I first started reading it. I was kind of expecting it to be the same world in a different
Amy
The most exciting about this series was finishing it and knowing I'll never have to pick it up again.

I don't even want to think about this waste-of-paper story anymore, so only four short things:

1. The main character is an unlikable bundle of forced badassery and callousness. Congratulations, you have a hard job and a rough childhood: welcome to 80% of the population's demographic. You can win me over by doing your job without sacrificing compassion and turning into a Tough Girl stereotype. Nat
Jasmine
Oct 19, 2013 Jasmine rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
James
Aug 23, 2013 James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Denise
Jan 30, 2013 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3/3/13 - Jill Kismet is a compelling character. She's kick-ass, but not bullet-proof. Well, maybe she's bullet-proof, but she's not "bullet-proof" in that she understands she's flawed. How she handles the incredible situations Lilith Saintcrow heaped upon her is amazing and plausible. All Lilith's characters are larger than life, but still humane enough to be sympathetic. Jill's story arch is complex and multi-layered, but presented so masterfully that you absorb it without feeling like you're b ...more
Andrea
Feb 23, 2016 Andrea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Darker urban fantasy fare

The beginning of this series was more enjoyable than the end and i think it's because it just starts to feel like recycled lines and plots. Jill is a tough character from a hell of a background that she is always trying to outpace. The problem is that she never seems to learn from her mistakes. Most of the books follow a rapid never let up pace where jill is constantly saying how she is missing something, she is, and going Lone Ranger. The first time sure this makes sens
Luciana
Jun 11, 2013 Luciana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was pretty good, I give it a 3 and a half to a 4 star's. I loved Jill Kismet and her bad-ass attitude! It was fun and a sometimes dark read. I thought that Percy was interesting and thought out the whole book he kept me guessing as to what/why/how he did anything; was it twisted love? part of his plan?.. I don't know, i think it was a little pit of both. I was in love with Saul and I wish had a hubby like him lol. There were a few things that kept it from being a 4.5 for me. First was ...more
Seth Tucker
Jul 19, 2015 Seth Tucker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Jill Kismet series is a fun urban fantasy read. Found in the snow by a hunter, Jill is trained how to combat the denizens of hell, Hellbreed, and those that trade with them. I had previously read some of the Anita Blake books and the Dresden Files, so this series is not a re-invention of the wheel, but it is a good read with fun characters. Even though it does not deal with the typical monsters found in urban fantasy, I think most people will be able to get into the book. The only common ele ...more
J.C. Winchester
Dec 24, 2014 J.C. Winchester rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The stories are fairly fast paced and keep the reader interested. Storyline is fairly unique and flows well from story to story with the culmination last story. I enjoyed reading it, though I think once through is enough for me. Certainly worth the time it took to read once.

That said, the author tends to rely very heavily on repetition of certain traits of the characters and while it can be a useful tool, it's used too much and becomes weary to read. The last book too quickly wraps up some of th
Denoramae
Jul 07, 2013 Denoramae rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are 6 books in this series and well worth the price of the complete book. It weighs bit but since it is a paperback, you won't receive a nasty note from the mail carrier when they deliver it. I ordered this thru Amazon when I could not find the books in my local library. I had an advanced copy of one of the titles and one of the other books I happened on from a thrift store by had run into a dead end on any of the others.
This is a great series with a tough heroine that takes no crap from
Amber
Mar 21, 2013 Amber rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Overall it was okay. This series could have been awesome with more character development and dimension. Like stretching the story out and taking her time there are some jumps in time in between the first few books that could have been used for that purpose. The repetition of certain phrases, specifically the phrase about leading the whip work with the hip, became annoying and by the 6th book they were almost unnecessary filler. I think Dante Valentine was a more believable character but the stor ...more
Flint Weiss
Dec 25, 2013 Flint Weiss rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chris kelly
This is six books in one, which is a fantastic deal. It ends up being a pretty long read and a little bit repetitive if you read the books back to back. The story is great. The characters have a lot of depth and the world is rich. The story is dark but always has hope. Jill Kismet, the protagonist is styled a bit like Trinity from the Matrix movies but harder boiled. This is a read I heavily recommend.
Kim Heimbuch
Mar 11, 2013 Kim Heimbuch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Six books, 1408 pages, all between one cover. Can it get any better? I always migrate toward books that have at least a trilogy, as you get to become more personal with the characters and are more deeply immersed within this magical world the author has had a longer time to fabricate with more pages to elaborate within. This compilation is everything a bibliophile needs and more.
Read the Full review at http://www.musingwithcrayolakym.com/3...
Anne
This has nothing to do with the writing but I could not finish this book. One of the reasons I like buying books is so I don't have to deal with other people ruining books. I had the only library copy and it was saturated with the nasty smell of smoke. I tried putting dryer sheets between the pages but it didn't help. I am going to try to get a copy for myself and try this one again. I liked the writing or what I could stand before my stomach would start rolling from the smell.
Chris
Apr 20, 2014 Chris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
I tried, but I just couldn't get into this series. I got half way through, middle of the third book of six and had to put it down. of the three stories i read it felt to much like the same story over and over, and not that great of one. I've been pushing myself to read as it was recommend by a friend and sounded like something I might like but it just didn't grab me.
Amanda Gray
Aug 23, 2013 Amanda Gray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is AMAZING! so glad my man picked it up for me knowing it was right up my ally! My new favorite series for sure! An amazing story, with thrilling plots and a wonderful ending that left you wondering what happens next, with out leaving you dying for more. The author couldn't have ended it any better!
Em
Jun 24, 2013 Em rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
Urban fantasy / horror. I liked the first and last books in the series, but the middle four books dragged (too much repetition in themes and bloody action scenes and too little character or plot development) Okay but not particularly memorable. I much prefer Ilona Andrews and Patricia Briggs for my urbanfantasy kicks
Christina
Aug 31, 2014 Christina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book I read by this author. My goodness this was a great book. It had all 6 books in one. All the stories where really great and they had kick ass people in them. Love Kismet she was really great and Saul too. Peary was one you had to watch out for.
Commentary
Jan 23, 2013 Commentary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I grudgingly gave this four stars because the gore and ick factor was really high and by the end of the series the author's repetition was getting annoying. That said, I liked the story arc and the last two books of the series were very good.
Angela
Dec 22, 2014 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
the last two books were rough going. it might have been that i tried to plow straight through the entire series at once. certain nuances of writing can start to get old and repetitive in a series when read continuously.
Ila
Aug 10, 2015 Ila rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
This tome contains six complete books. I am approx. 55% finished with the first one, "Night Shift". This means I still have six books to go. Has anyone else read Lilith Saintcrow's series? Did you enjoy it? Would you recommend it? I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks.....
Debra
Oct 10, 2014 Debra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Took me a while since it was an omnibus. I was hoping for more an ending battle in the finale book, but it just felt rushed. It gives you so much build up tying in all the books together with little pieces to get the end result, but no epic battle/ending.
Pete731
Dec 18, 2012 Pete731 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable, fun read. The angst could get a little annoying, and the very ending was a little deus ex machina, but still very well done.
May 09, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a good story

I love the characters. The story line stutters occasionally and the self flagellation is at times to much. But, it was a really cool story.
  • Blood Rock (Skindancer, #2)
  • Deceptions (Demonkin, #2)
  • Demon's Revenge (High Demon #5)
  • Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6)
  • The Business of Death (Death Works Trilogy, #1-3)
  • Vicious Grace (The Black Sun's Daughter, #3)
  • Iron Kin (The Half-Light City, #3)
  • Uprising (Winged, #2)
  • Black Dog (Hellhound Chronicles, #1)
  • Rusted Veins (Sabina Kane, #5.5)
  • Daring The Moon (Moon, #1)
  • Hunting Memories (Vampire Memories, #2)
  • Garden of Dreams and Desires (Crescent City, #3)
  • Celtic Moon (Celtic Wolves, #1)
  • Beyond the Night (Envy Chronicles, #1)
  • Soul Resurrected (Sons of Wrath, #2)
Lilith Saintcrow was born in New Mexico, bounced around the world as an Air Force brat, and fell in love with writing when she was ten years old. She lives in Vancouver, Washington, in a house full of stray cats and children.
More about Lilith Saintcrow...

Jill Kismet (6 books)
  • Night Shift (Jill Kismet, #1)
  • Hunter's Prayer (Jill Kismet, #2)
  • Redemption Alley (Jill Kismet, #3)
  • Flesh Circus (Jill Kismet, #4)
  • Heaven's Spite (Jill Kismet, #5)
  • Angel Town (Jill Kismet, #6)

“No matter how much time goes by, missing someone never gets any better. You just learn to work around it.” 1 likes