Start by marking “The System” as Want to Read:
The System

The System

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  3 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Capri is an alluring young prostitute with a painful past; Brody is a ruthless mercenary running with a crew of thieves who live on a spaceship called Gypsy Lass. When he enters her brothel, the attraction between them is instant, electric, and too much for him to handle. He leaves unsatisfied, never wanting to see the girl again for fear she might soften his hard heart.

Bu...more
ebook
Published August 11th 2012 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The System, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The System

Stella
Though I'm still quite the sci-fi newbie when I read the above blurb of The System my interest was piqued, but I never would have thought The System would remind me so much of the setting of Joss Whedon's Firefly, so if you are a fan of the series you absolutely have to pick up The System and experience the journey Heather Lin will take you on.

The System is an action packed, thrilling story, where neither the characters nor the reader get one minute break, there is always something happening, da...more
Cait Spivey
Overall, I really liked this book. I had thus far been a purely paperback girl, but I saw a review of this book, read the Amazon description and the first couple of pages, and decided that I really wanted to read it. So I downloaded Kindle for PC and read half of it in one sitting.

The System is incredibly engaging. The tension between Capri and Brody–sexual AND emotional–begins almost immediately, followed a page later by an explosive introduction to the rest of the major characters. After that,...more
Marlene
Originally published at Title">Book Lovers Inc.

The comparison between Heather Lin's The System and Joss Whedon's Firefly is not too far off the mark, with a few notable exceptions. The System is probably even darker and grittier than Firefly, and the backstories for our main characters, Brody and Capri, are even more tragic than their Serenity counterparts Mal Reynolds and Inara Serra.

Yes, I said more tragic. Even though there is no equivalent to the horrific Battle of Serenity Valley.

Brody i...more
Toku49
Toku49 marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2012
Jennifer Marshall
Jennifer Marshall marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2012
Rajni
Rajni marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2012
Shana  Shindo
Shana Shindo marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2012
Regina Hunter
Regina Hunter marked it as to-read
Monique
Monique marked it as to-read
Normandyna
Normandyna marked it as to-read
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2012
Terri Pray
Terri Pray marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2012
Amy Gorski
Amy Gorski marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2012
Mekey
Mekey marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2012
Vivian
Vivian marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2012
4862021
Heather lives in Delaware with her husband, cat, and yellow lab. She began writing romance and erotica in 2008 and hasn't been able to keep her mind out of the gutter since. Her most recent release is "Westridge."
More about Heather Lin...
Westridge (Westridge, #1) Scandal and Other Erotic Tales Caitlin's Story (Westridge, #3) Rosa's Story (Westridge, #2) Strangers