Dawn's Desire (Dark Kings, #0.3)

Dawn's Desire (Dark Kings 0.3)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  995 ratings  ·  63 reviews
For centuries, the immortals knows as the Dragon Kings have hidden their shapeshifting powers from the world. But when a mortal enemy threatens to expose them, the warrior Banan must leave his secret lair in the Highlands, risk his life for the dragons within – and resist the temptations of human love…

Jane Holden has never considered herself beautiful. But when the impossi...more
ebook
Published September 25th 2012 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Dawn's Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dawn's Desire

Lover at Last by J.R. WardAllegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareEntwined with You by Sylvia DayThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Most Anticipated Coming Soon New Releases - 2012/2013
76th out of 239 books — 428 voters
Dragon Bound by Thea HarrisonDragon Actually by G.A. AikenAbout a Dragon by G.A. AikenWhat a Dragon Should Know by G.A. AikenLast Dragon Standing by G.A. Aiken
Dragon Shifters
113th out of 252 books — 539 voters

More lists with this book...

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

As a secretary for PureGems, Jane Holden is just simply living her life. She dislikes her boss, Richard Arnold. But who doesn’t hate their bosses anyway, right? It is only when she overhears her boss talking on the phone with someone about something suspicious that causes goose bumps rise on her arms. Has she overheard something to do with Sloan’s death and Elena’s accident while caving?

Before I continue, I should say that If you haven’t read the previous books in this...more
Tami
3.5 again.

So the story continues from the previous book. Girl, Elena, goes back to London to find out who's behind sending her and her boss to the caves. Then we meet American girl #3 (Jane).. And what, can I ask, is with all the females being American.? Not that I have anything against it, of course... Just wondering..

Anyway.. Jane gets dragged into the investigation for the simple fact that she's the head honcho's assistant. Another dragon boy falls for Jane while trying to find out how invol...more
Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict
I love these Scottish Highlander Dragon's!!
Angela
Great third novella of the Dragon Kings! Look forward to others in this series!

Jane Holden works for PureGems. It's a great job, but her boss is a nightmare. When she overhears one her boss' phone calls, she begins to wonder if he might have something to do with the accident that took the life of her former co-worker Sloan and that her other co-worker, Elena Griffin barely made it out of.

Banan has come to London with Guy, Elena & Rhys to try to discover why someone at PureGems was behind try...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
I’ve totally read the Dark Kings books out of order and it’s totally my own fault. I mention that because once the series moves into full length novels Donna gives her readers so much more page time with these exceedingly sexy men.
This novella takes place off of Dreagan land. Bannan, Rhys, Guy and Elena are in London trying to figure out who lead PureGems thus Elena and Sloan onto Dreagan land in the first place. Someone is telling ancient dragon secrets and the Kings that remain will stop at n...more
Glittergirl
While investigation who knows about Dreagan and sent Sloan and Guy's Elena, Bannan, King of the Midnight Blue Dragons, meets Jane Holden, secretary to PureGem's CEO Richard Arnold. She overhears info on Sloan and finds herself helping Elena and her "company" driver Banan discover who's controlling Richard. Banan & Jane have huge chemistry and she discovers he is so much more than a bodyguard/driver when his dragon rescues her from the mystery man.
Kari
This is the third novella in the series. PNR meshed with Highlander dragon-shifters. This one was my favorite, it is the story of Banan, a dragon king, and Jane. The three books are short and should be read in order. The ending wasn't too clear, I was left with the impression that another book was coming up since some issues were not completely resolved. The writing itself was entertaining and the descriptions of the dragons were great.
Sillylittlefishey
I found this one a bit disappointing. I never believed in the romance and found the story too repetitive. Please quit explaining the origins of the Dark Kings in EVERY installment.... PLEASE!
Amanda P
This story picks up right where the last one left off. Elena is being picked up from the airport and Banan is driving. The danger escalates in this book, the Kings know that they need to flush out the person or group that sent Sloan into the mountain. The Kings figure Elena’s boss is one of the people behind the trespassing on Dreagon land. To get closer to Elena’s book Banan is sent to watch his secretary, Jane. The attraction between Banan and Jane is instantaneous and electrifying.

Jane is so...more
OpenBookSociety.com

Brought to you by OBS reviewer Heidi

Dawn’s Desire picks up where the previous Dark Kings installment, Night’s Awakening, left off. Guy, Banan, Rhys, and Elena have arrived in London so Elena can return to work at PureGems and try to determine who knows about Dreagan and the Dragon Kings, and do whatever they must to protect their secret.

Jane Holden also works at PureGems, as the office klutz, she envies Elena’s beauty and easy grace and finds a day that sh...more
Sandy
DAWN’S DESIRE (Dark Kings #3) by Donna Grant (3.5 stars)

DAWN’S DESIRE (Dark Kings #3) is the third storyline (September 2012 release) in Donna Grant’s Dark Kings series. Dawn’s Desire takes up immediately following the end of Night’s Awakening where Elena Griffin must go undercover to discover who is threatening to reveal Dreagan and the Dragon’s secret. Jane Holden also works at PureGems and couldn’t help her immediate attraction to the new limo driver Banan. As assistant to the Richard Arnold,...more
Franjessca
Review also posted on Book Lovin Mamas

"Dawn's Desire" picks up where "Night's Awakening" left off at.
Banan is playing the role of the new driver for PureGems where Elena works at. The Dragon Kings are trying to find out who at PureGems wanted Elena and her boss to explore their land. Someone must know the truth behind them, so they need to find who the person is and quiet them.
Elena is inside her company doing her job and finding out who may be behind why she went with her boss Sloan, while Bana...more
Tania
"Dawn's Desire" by Donna Grant. Book 0.3 (novella) in the Dark Kings series.

I really enjoyed the story of Banan and Jane. A little more action in this one than with the previous two novellas, which I really liked.

Banan is a Dragon King helping his fellow dragons who are trying to find out who knows their secret. He's determined to find this person and stop them, by any means necessary. He just didn't plan on Jane crossing his path. Is she the enemy? He sure hopes not...

Jane is a secretary for Pu...more
Bridgette Bandell
OK, So after reading intently for time frames that caused me missed sleep and meals (couldn't put it down) Here goes...

This book starts off exactly where the last one left off. (Which is a good thing to me because then I don't feel like I missed anything. Jane is a simple plain girl that feels nobody notices her until.... Banan. OK, so some parts of the story are corny as some have mentioned... But I am that girl that went unnoticed and still does... It was nice to find a story about a sexy libr...more
Nicole Laverdure
DAWN'S DESIRE is the third book, or should I say novella, of the Dark Kings serie by Donna Grant. The first one was DARK CRAVING and the second NIGHT'S AWAKENING. This is a short review because it relates to details mentionned in both the other two.
I loved Ms. Grant's main characters Banan and Jane. While caving in Scotland, Elena's work friend Sloan, had died from a fall accident. Intrigued by Sloan's action in the cave, Elena, wants to help the Dragon Kinds. By finding out who was aware of the...more
* Booksessed * Bec
Book provided by the publisher.

Another brilliantly written hot little read with an exciting plot and some sexy characters I'm looking forward to learning more about.
I'm still disappointed that we aren't given a lot of time to see the characters relationship develop more, they are all very rushed which is a shame as I think they would do ready well as full length novels
Mossie Sweet
I'm all for a good paranormal bodice-ripper, but this wasn't that. The story dumps you into a storyline that is clearly explained in other books, but confusing as all get out in this one; they're together for all of 12 minutes before they establish a deep and irreversible lust/love; the story is just preposterous. I really wanted to like this series. Damn.
Alicia S. Wyatt
Great Read

Great Read

I chose this rating because it was well written. The story was well developed. It is not a short read, with just lots of meaningless sex. The main characters get over their insecurities and open themselves up to the possibilities. Wanted more scenes with the dragons in it.
Missyb
My favorite so far, more action than the others. This one is about Jane & Banan. Banan, Guy, and Rhys have gone back to London with Elena to try to find out who at PureGems sent her & Sloan to Draegan. They suspect Elena & Jane's boss Richard, but quickly realize that someone else is calling the shots. As Banan falls for Jane, Elena then Jane are kidnapped. Banan & Rhys change into their dragon forms and rescue Jane. None of them see the guy who took her, and he escapes. When Ban...more
Steffanie
Ready for more

Ready for more

So glad I started reading this series. I wish each story was longer. Everything seems a little rushed, but over all I love it!!
Katie aka Ms. Phoenix
This book starts where the second finishes. Elena, Guy, Rhys and Banan are in London to find out at Puregems who know about their secrets in Scotland. Elena is back in the office and that is where she meets Jane. Jane thinks of herself as "plain Jame" which isn't quite true (she's just a bit klutzy)

Jane has to pick a client up from the airport and that is where she meets her so called driver Banan and sparks start to fly.
Jane gets into trouble and obviously the fall madly in love and the Dark K...more
mer
4 stars

Banan (Dragon King of Blues) + Jane (human)

Liked this one. It came with a lot of action scenes and I enjoyed the suspense.

Read on your own peril.
Priscilla
I liked it good enough to want to check out the rest of the series. It was just a ta bit fast on the whole 'I love you', but that was the only thing that bothered me.
Linda
Banana, Rhys guy and Elena travelo London , Elena is returning to work at pure gems to help the dragon kings find out who is prying into their affairs and secrets. Banan takes a job is a driver or pure gems to help protect Elena along with Guy and investigate, Banan meets Jane and falls hard. The plot thickens and Jane and Elena are in greater danger due to there snooping, this book leaves you hanging at the end on the plot line of who is trying to expose the Dragon Kings and interfering with th...more
Kim
Amusing little Sci-fi romance. Simple read but enjoyable.
Deannie
OMG awesome!
Lety
Jan 03, 2013 Lety rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebook
When I downloaded this series I saw it was an exclusive ebook trilogy and I was surprised to find that this novella left an opening for additional stories! I can't wait and though I know this was a spin-off to her other series that I have not read, these books stood very firmly on their own. I am excited to dig into her Dark Sword/Dark Warriors series!

EEK! Donna Grant's update on the 'Dark Kings' series posted in November: http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_...
Krissy
I waited til the third book to write a review since I sat down and devoured them in one sitting. Donna has completely blown me away with her Dark Kings. How much can you put into words when an author has the capability to make you forget the rest of the world spinning and existing around you when you're so caught up living the world inside the pages of her book? There aren't any words to describe it. Donna Grant is phenomenal.
Jessie H.
This novella is hands down the best in this set of three novellas. We get a sinister plot as well as some romance. I also just learned that these novellas are going to be made into a series! Yay! I can't wait for more of this world especially with the small crossover from Grant's Dark Sword series. The only problem is we don't know when they next in the series will be coming out.

This book does contain some sexy bits.
Donna grants new contest.. 1 21 Sep 21, 2012 04:05PM
  • West of Want (Hearts of the Anemoi, #2)
  • Suddenly Beautiful
  • What He Craves (My Alpha Billionaire, #3)
  • Cat Snips
  • Redwood Pack, Vol. 1 (Redwood Pack, #1-2)
  • Fury of Seduction (Dragonfury, #3)
  • Night Thief (Night, #0.5)
  • Border Lair (Dragon Knights, #2)
  • Hearts Untamed (Feral Warriors, #3.5)
  • One Night (Superstars in Love, #2)
  • The Pack (The Pack, #1)
  • Claiming His Mate (Crescent Moon, #2)
  • Seduced by the Angel
  • Take it Like a Vamp
  • Armando Returns (Barboza Brothers, #2)
  • A Laird for All Time
  • The Substitute Millionaire (The Million Dollar Catch #1)
  • Bayou Noel (Bayou Heat, #8.5)
Donna Grant is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than forty novels and novellas spanning multiple genres of romance.

She was born and raised in Texas but loves to travel. Her adventures have taken her throughout the United States as well as to Jamaica, Mexico, and Scotland. Growing up on the Texas/Louisiana border, Donna’s Cajun side of the family taught her the “spicy” si...more
More about Donna Grant...
Dangerous Highlander (Dark Sword, #1) Forbidden Highlander (Dark Sword, #2) Wicked Highlander (Dark Sword, #3) Untamed Highlander (Dark Sword, #4) Dark Craving (Dark Kings, #0.1)