Start by marking “Murder on the Orient Express (Pembunuhan di Orient Express)” as Want to Read:
Murder on the Orient Express (Pembunuhan di Orient Express)

Murder on the Orient Express (Agatha Christie Graphic Novels #4)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  674 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Dalam sebuah kereta mewah, seorang pebisnis ditikam dengan keji! Pembunuhnya tidak dapat melarikan diri dari kereta karena terjebak salju. Hercule Poirot pun masuk ke dalam kasus ini untuk memecahkan teka-teki tersebut...
Published 2012 by PT Elex Media Komputindo (first published 1934)

To ask other readers questions about Murder on the Orient Express, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder on the Orient Express

Dragos Iordachioaia
Although I much prefer Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's writing style over that of Agatha Christie, I cannot deny that it did provide a bit of a surprising plot twist. Even so, when put side by side to Sherlock Holmes' observation powers, I still believe that Poirot is miles behind. Moreover, 'guessing' doesn't stand a chance against deductive reasoning, as is specific to Sherlock.

The ending seems appropriate for such a story type, despite the fact that it seems most surreal and implausible and doesn't
Gina
The comic version of Murder on the Orient Express is very good and excellent if you are new to Christie and want to get a flavour of the her work without committing to the original novel.
Rinnerl
Hercule Poirot has just solved a case in Syria and is in the mood for a short holiday, but unfortunately he’s called back to London in an urgent matter. The fastest way back is the Orient Express but to everyones surprise, the train is fully booked. Very unusual for this time of the year. Only luck and the intervention of an old acquaintance, Monsieur Bouc, Director of the train company, secures him a compartment on the train.

The other passengers are a very curious mix of all kinds of people. A
Oksana
Hercule Poirot a private detective and retired Belgian police officer, the best private eye of the 1930s,has one day to solve a case. He is on the orient express and the rich american Mr.Ratchett is dead, murdered in the middle of the night. His room is locked from the inside. The window is left open in Ratchett's compartment. A handkerchief with the initial "H" is found in the compartment, a pipe cleaner, a round match different from the matches Ratchett used and a charred piece of paper with t ...more
Catherine Gillespie
I’ve never read anything by Agatha Christie before, and I wouldn’t call myself a major mystery fan, but I really enjoyed Murder on the Orient Express.

From the start, Murder on the Orient Express pulls you in and keeps you guessing.

Sometimes I figure a mystery out too quickly, and that’s no fun. This book really surprised me. I also appreciated that for being a murder mystery, it’s not gory or gruesome.

{Read my full review here}
Khairul H.
I think it was very clever of them to adapt Agatha Christie's crime novels into comic book form. MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS was the first 'Agatha Christie Comic Strip' book that I read and I thought it was just okay.

Adapting a 300+ page novel into a 44 page comic will result in a rushed feeling when reading (especially if you've already read the novel). The artwork is nice but the layout needs work. Again, I blame the low page count. Most pages are stuffed with 11-12 panels per page. With a h
Avalon
This was not a favorite of mine. This story was more just reading the evidence of like 13 characters over and over instead of a story that goes through the investigation process. I had a bit of a hard time following who was who but the ending was a twist that I never would have figured out. Maybe that's why I could never be a detective...
Alyce
This was by far my favorite Agatha Christie novel so far. I have to admit, I only read it because I watched a Dr. Who episode that parodied the novel, so I was intrigued to see how closely it followed the original. I think it's safe to say that this one will definitely blow your mind; I did not see that ending coming!
Mariesreads
I am so in awe of Agatha Christie. It amazes me that anybody can come up with this kind of story line with SO many details of so many characters. This is an intriguing story that kept me captured throughout.
Chockalingam
my first book of the world famous agatha christie. A excellent thriller if u travel with poirot its not gonna be hard to guess the climax.
Sally906
A graphic version of Agatha Christie's book.

A man is found dead in a train trapped in snow. There are 12 suspects. Who dunnit?
Kalilah
An entertaining murder mystery. I like the way Poirot's conclusions are explained and the case is a fun one.
Raju
One of her best. Gripping and good read.
Daniel
وقتها مش كتبت عليها تعليق
لانى كنت منبهره بيها فـ كان ممكن ده يكون تعليق غير حيادى
بس فعلا مش قادرة افتكر ولو جزء صغير مش عجبنى فيها
تظل طول الرواية تفكر من القاتل وتفكيرك ينتقل من شخص لاخر
ولكنك بالتاكيد وبالرغم من كل ذلك لن تتوقع القاتل أبداً !!
فكرتها رائعه ..من أكثر الروايات اللى أشبعت رغبتى فى نهاية غير متوقعه
Ordinary Dahlia
G baca d kamar mba roos coz bukunya nganggur dan kebetulan g kangen berat ma Poirot (detektif kesayangan g neh!)
ceritanya tetep bagus tapinya g sedikit kuciwa ma gambar Poirot. seinget g Poirot itu detektif yang tampangnya selalu d tertawakan karena kepalanya berbentuk bulat telur, pendek dan kumis yang besar. tapi secara keseluruhan, okelaaaah...
Susan
Feb 27, 2015 Susan rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mystery novel.fans
This Agatha Christie mystery is a who dun it that kept me guessing until the very end. Ms. Christie is a master of suspense.
Sylvia
Ini novel Agatha Christie yang dibikin graphic novel nya lho! Kenapa gw exciting? Karena untuk baca novelnya gw malesss ajah. Eeh sekarang dah ada komiknya. Mayaann jadi bisa tau deh, ni buku tentang apa siy. Ternyata tentang pembunuhan di atas kereta! (Helloo... baca judul gak sih?) Hahaha!
Lady Salford
It's a good teaser for people to start picking up Agatha Christie novels. This is actually one of my favourite stories but I feel that the story was too rushed granted it was only 42 pages. Wish it could have been longer.
Lucy
I didn't particularly like the way that Poirot is drawn, I prefer the way that he is drawn in the other Agatha Christie graphic novel,Cards on the table.
Norah
كما هو معتاد تظن أن القاتل شخص و بعد قراءة المزيد تعتقد أنه شخص آخر ، لكنك لن تفكر ابدا أن الجميع هم قتلة !!

احداث جدا مشوقة بطلها بوارو ^_^!
Queen
Adam read this book during our one-year anniversary. We watched an educational documentary about the train.
Melissa Lei
My favorite Agatha Christie, who doesn't love it. Wait till you get to the end.
Roos
Feb 07, 2009 Roos rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Miss Leli
Recommended to Roos by: Sylvia
Gambarnya keren, ceritanya tetep aja serius dan menegangkan.
miaaa
Jan 30, 2009 miaaa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to miaaa by: roos, -syl-
Reading Agatha Christie in comic strip style? Count me in!
Amordahl
Compelling, suspenseful, and great fun towards the end.
Samita
These graphic novels are giving me life~~
Stien
very enjoyable comicbook adaptation
  • The Murder Of Roger Ackroyd (Agatha Christie Comic Strip)
  • Die Another Day (Raymond Benson's Bond, #6.5)
  • The Murder at the Vicarage
  • The Lead Cloak
  • Going Dark (Thorn, #13)
  • Hawk Channel Chase
  • Keller in Dallas
  • Death Is Forever (John Gardner's Bond, #12)
  • Bloodline (Jack McMorrow Mystery #2)
  • Death Wish
  • Panama
  • The Mayor of Lexington Avenue (Jack Tobin, #1)
  • Jimi Hendrix Turns Eighty
Romancier et journaliste, il s’est fait une spécialité des adaptations en bande dessinée d'Agatha Christie chez Emmanuel Proust Editions. Chez le même éditeur, il a également publié Un Drame en Livonie, et les deux tomes de Voyage sous les eaux, d’après Jules Verne.
More about François Rivière...

Agatha Christie Graphic Novels (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Secret of Chimmeys
  • Death On The Nile
  • And Then There Were None
  • The Secret Adversary (Agatha Christie Comic Strip)
  • Endless Night
  • The Murder on the Links (Agatha Christie Comic Strip)
  • The Murder Of Roger Ackroyd (Agatha Christie Comic Strip)
  • The Murder at the Vicarage
  • The Man In The Brown Suit
  • The Mystery Of The Blue Train
Secret of Chimmeys And Then There Were None Death On The Nile The Murder on the Links (Agatha Christie Comic Strip) Voyage Into the Deep: The Saga of Jules Verne and Captain Nemo