Start by marking “After Goliath: A Spider Latham Mystery” as Want to Read:
After Goliath: A Spider Latham Mystery

After Goliath: A Spider Latham Mystery (Spider Latham Mystery #2)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Published June 2003 by Deseret Book

To ask other readers questions about After Goliath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After Goliath

Carol
This is the second Spider Latham book and I enjoyed it as much as the first. I truly like the characters and all the problems they have are real life and they get dealt with in a reasonable and matter of fact way. Spider has been the deputy sheriff for 6 month now and he has another dead body. All evidence points to one person and then he confesses but Spider just doesn't believe him and sets off the find the truth.
Susan
Although Liz Adair's Spider Latham mysteries will probably never be classics, they are a fun read. This is the second one in the trio. They are about a small-town deputy sheriff in Nevada. In each, Spider has a murder to solve. I like the way small-town life and L.D.S. family life are portrayed. The characters seem real because of their flaws.
Susan
Second in the Spider Latham Mysteries and I enjoyed it as much as the first. No "romance" just good mystery played country style. Rocky Road, country singer, is dead and Spider, as deputy sheriff, has to investigate. The biggest suspect is Rocky's brother who happens to be an old team mate on Spider's high school championship basketball team.
Amy
A little to churchy and some weird conversations that I skipped over. The author spent too much time covering the escape from prison, (BORING). Just get on with it! But all in all I am not the worse for reading it.
Patricia
Rating: 2.5

I did like this book better than book 1 and I did feel like I could "like" Spider better in this volume. I had felt kind of indifferent to him before. I do plan to read book 3.
Nadine
Although I guessed whodunnit, this was a really fun read! Very life-like characters, fun story line, and no offensive language or sex. I'm definitely looking for more Spider Latham books!
Ann
Fluffy read, I figured out the mystery too quick for the rest of the book to really interest me. I did enjoy some of the church related humor like the kitchen list.
Loni Spendlove
Enjoying this series and it's familiar characters who face challenges at home, church and communities with down-to-earth common sense and charity!
Sabrina
This book was okay, and it was definitely a good mormon book very clean. It just did not move very fast for me.
Megan
Although the first one was a turn-off, they do get better.
Ellen Kyles
Fun story with lots of action and drama.
Diane
Another quick Spider Latham mystery.
Tina Scott
Enjoyed this cozy mystery.
Victoria Laskowski
Victoria Laskowski marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Audrey
Audrey added it
Jun 06, 2014
Lynndell Watson
Lynndell Watson marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Mary Teresa Reno
Mary Teresa Reno marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2013
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2013
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Mist of Quarry Harbor The Lodger: A Spider Latham Mystery Snakewater Affair: A Spider Latham Mystery Counting the Cost Cold River