Start by marking “Snow on the Mountain (Mountain, #2)” as Want to Read:
Snow on the Mountain (Mountain, #2)

Snow on the Mountain (Mountain #2)

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  299 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Champagne powder snow, gorgeously groomed slopes, and elegant hotels draw the expert and the wealthy to the exclusive Wapiti Creek Ski Resort, but for Jake Landon and Kurt Carlson, the lure is work. A novice skier, Jake's been assigned to run the bunny lift, but Kurt’s afraid he’ll be stuck shoveling snow all winter. Instructing at a private ski school should be his dream ...more
ebook, 2nd Edition, 210 pages
Published August 17th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Snow on the Mountain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snow on the Mountain

Hot Head by Damon SuedeCut & Run by Madeleine UrbanTwisted Cherry by Piper KayGrey's Awakening by Cameron DaneTry by Ella Frank
M/M Hot Stuff Corner
340th out of 625 books — 352 voters
Fish & Chips by Madeleine UrbanSticks & Stones by Madeleine UrbanDuty & Devotion by Tere MichaelsDivide & Conquer by Madeleine UrbanRegularly Scheduled Life by K.A. Mitchell
Best Gay "Established Relationships" Romance
279th out of 396 books — 209 voters

More lists with this book...

Buggy
Mar 24, 2013 Buggy rated it liked it
Recommended to Buggy by: DarienMoya
Opening Line: “The screams made me turn around to look uphill.

”We first met Jake and Kurt in the fantastic 5 star Fire on the Mountain where they worked as fire rangers for the summer season. Two men alone in the mountains cut off from civilization, completely reliant on each other and well, you can guess the rest. Of course both assume the other is straight at first and dance around the obvious signs they're each putting out until a life or death situation forces the truth to the surface. They
Jenre
Nov 26, 2009 Jenre rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, contemporary, romance
Snow on the Mountain is the sequel to the excellent Fire on the Mountain. Whilst it can be read as a stand-a-lone, I would recommend that you read Fire on the Mountain if you really want to get the true measure of how the character of Jake, especially, has developed since the end of the previous book.

The book begins a few months after the end of the previous book. Jake and Kurt have finished their summer job as forest rangers and are now working at an exclusive ski resort for the rich and famous
Kaje Harper
Aug 21, 2013 Kaje Harper rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
This was a solid, smoothly-written story, with characters I was already attached to after the first book. The plot went a little over the top in its thriller-style resolution, and particularly, for me, in the way that ended. (view spoiler) But I enjoyed the ...more
Mandapanda
2.5 stars. I really enjoyed book 1 in this series but this one is not so appealing. The romance is ok but the plot was like something out of an Austin Powers movie. Being forced at gunpoint to have sex with ski-bunnies??? That's so shagadelic baby, yeah!. And the MC's never seemed to come down from the ski-fields. Didn't matter if they were being shot at, forced to babysit the bosses kids, being run over by avalanches, etc, etc. They just never had enough of going round and round those mountains ...more
Nic
Unfortunately I did not enjoy this book nearly as much as the first book in the series Fire on the Mountain. The plot was just so far-fetched that it was difficult to settle into the story. I want to escape into a fantasy world when reading this type of light romance but I prefer an element of reality, not finding myself questioning the direction the story is taking.

Big spoilers following:
(view spoiler)
Eden Winters
Nov 12, 2009 Eden Winters rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I fell in love with Jake and Kurt in Fire on the Mountain, and learned interesting facts about being a forest ranger while watching their mating dance. In Snow on the Mountain, the steamy action is interspersed with daring rescues and skiing.

Throughout their misadventures, you can't help standing on the sidelines, cheering these two on. P.D. Singer has given us another thoroughly entertaining read!!!
T. Smith
Dec 26, 2014 T. Smith rated it really liked it
Jake Landon and Kurt Carlson are still learning the basics of being in a relationship. They spent the entire summer under the stars in the Colorado Mountains and quickly went from friends and co-workers to lovers. Now they’ve traded in their ranger uniforms for parkas and ski’s for their new home, new jobs at the exclusive Wapiti Creek Ski Resort. Forest fires have been replaced by jealous co-workers, misplaced affections and a secret the resort keeps that threatens Jake and Kurt’s still fragile ...more
Elspeth
Dec 02, 2012 Elspeth rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
This one's ending wasn't as rushed at the first, but there were some loose ends that I hope are going to be tied up in Falling.
xbmbgrl
Mar 20, 2011 xbmbgrl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a follow up book to Fire on the Mountain. Kurt and Jake are 5 months into their relationship and working through the winter at a ski resort. They are still learning about each other and not totally solid yet although a lot more steady than they were.

There is a lot of action in this book and a lot less of the minute descriptions of the life of a ski instructor than we got of the life of a fire ranger. The balance seemed much more even in this effort.

Jake starts off with a daring rescue
Susan Laine
Nov 20, 2012 Susan Laine rated it it was amazing
This is Jake and Kurt's continuation story. While the summer was spent in virtual isolation in the wilderness, now it's winter, and they work together at a major ski resort. I liked the fact that they interacted with others more, made friends, and even a possible suitor came in the picture. But there's trouble on the mountain too, as enemies of all sorts seem to come out of the woodwork to make things that much harder.

I liked this book a lot. It's almost a bit better than the first because the t
Lily
Jan 26, 2011 Lily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jake and Kurt from Fire on the Mountain are now working in a ski resort during the winter season. They've been together for six months and for the most part are comfortable in their relationship. This time around the action focuses on outside influences, Jake rescues a little boy and ends up with two little stalkers while Kurt takes a job with some very surprising, and unwanted, duties. There's a couple of bad guys, a few too many skiing references that I didn't understand as well as nice guys i ...more
Becky Condit
Oct 06, 2012 Becky Condit rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The sex between Kurt and Jake is sweet, hot, and full of love. Ms Singer writes sexy scenes with passion and I always enjoy that aspect of her books. I suppose SNOW ON THE MOUNTAIN could be read as a standalone story but having the background from Fire on the Mountain adds so much to the understanding of the characters and why they act the way they do. SNOW ON THE MOUNTAIN is another treat from Ms Singer and I really enjoyed it.
Please see my complete review on Oct. 10 at http://mrsconditreadsboo
Morgan  Skye
Jan 19, 2015 Morgan Skye rated it really liked it
Full Review here http://thebloggergirls.com/2015/01/11...
In book one we meet Jake and Kurt and this is their continued story. They’ve been living together and working for the past 5 months and though they are pretty secure in their love for each other, they haven’t said the “L” word out loud. Jake is still a bit in the closet and this can be frustrating for Kurt, especially when Jake inadvertently leads on one of his co-workers!
PD Singer does another fantastic job describing the life and times a
Rachael Orman
Jan 01, 2016 Rachael Orman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, audiobook, erotic
**Audiobook Review**

This was another great story with Jake and Kurt. I was afraid things would slow down between them after the way the first book ended, but boy was I wrong. This one was even better than the first story! It was so intense with a lot of unexpected twists, plus a few super hot scenes to wrap it all up. Along with a little extra story at the end to make me really hope that these two can keep advancing as a couple as time goes on.

There is a lot of mystery and suspense to this one.
Erin
So in the first book, I commented how it was a slow build up to the romance. That it felt more like a romance than a smexy hot read.

I enjoyed that. But what I didn't know was that book 2, was not a new couple, but Jake and Kurt further down the road. Oh my excitement was great after that, since it meant the slow romance build up that started in book 1, was done and we got to enjoy the romance/smexy fun times of the two boys.

Kurt seemed far less self assured than he did in the first book, which s
Rick
Jan 15, 2016 Rick rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
I love the first book. Loved the characters. I only got so far in this book before I felt like "Oh seriously!" I continued for a bit then just put it down. I'm sure others loved it but for me it just didn't do it for me.
Deb
How did two nice guys like Kurt and Jake get stuck in such a ridiculous plot? I really enjoyed their relationship. Once again Singer shows she really cares about getting all of the little work details right, this time around its the world of resort skying. Thankfully she does't go overboard like she did in their last outing. But then the plot just took a ride on the crazy train. I was willing to accept Kurt misunderstanding the complete list of his duties and not being down with them, but the fa ...more
Elisa Rolle
Oct 26, 2015 Elisa Rolle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2010 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Arthur
Nov 19, 2011 Arthur rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is the second book in Mountain series. I really liked the first one, and was looking forward reading the sequel. Unfortunately, IMO, this one is not as appealing as the first one. My like/dislike of this book is not steady. At first, I really enjoyed it and was ready to give it a 5-star rating. In the middle, however, it faltered. It's still a nice book, though.

(view spoiler)
Mara Ismine
4.5 stars. This is the sequel to Fire on the Mountain and Kurt and Jake have winter jobs at a ski resort. Life is more complicated when there are other people around.

More of Kurt's past is revealed in this book and Jake continues to act with mature competence softened by moments of vulnerability and self-doubt that balance perfectly. Their relationship grows against a background of the 'everyday' goings on at the ski resort that give the book a good dose of action and adventure. As a non-skier I
Kukko
Main Characters: Jake Landon & Kurt Carlson
Key Themes: Established Couple, Coming Out, Jealousy
Location: Wapiti Creek Ski Resort

Book 2 of the Mountain series.

Jake and Kurt are now living together and working at a ski resort. Jake operates the ski lifts and Kurt is an “instructor” at the top ski school in the area. At the start of the story, both MCs are in the closet.

Sadly, the main storyline was really disappointing - (view spoiler)
Apr 28, 2016 Sarah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The first book in the series, Fire on the Mountain, was excellent. This book was as bad as that one was good. It seemed the author was just trying too hard to come up with a sequel. The story line was so ridiculous and I often got lost in the endless descriptions of the navigation of the ski runs. I was really disappointed by this one, especially after enjoying the first book so much.
Theodora IK
Sep 06, 2015 Theodora IK rated it it was amazing
I forgot why Jake was so in the closet since I read the first book months ago. As a result, I almost lost my patience with him. But the adventure was very good.
Dee Wy
Jan 25, 2015 Dee Wy rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, m-m-contemporary
Though I enjoyed the first book in the series, this one just left me cold. Did not like the plot at all.
Michael
Apr 19, 2016 Michael rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars. I'm enjoying this series and looking forward to the next one.
Brandilyn
Jan 09, 2016 Brandilyn rated it liked it
Reviewed for Prism Book Alliance

Finn Sterling narrated this first person title, and he did a fabulous job. He was easy to listen to and just sucked me right into the story. I can safely say that his narration helped the story come alive for me. I read Snow back in October when I first listened to Fire on the Mountain and did not enjoy it nearly as much as I did this time around.

For complete review see http://www.prismbookalliance.com/?pos... 24125

Fernanda Parente
Aug 08, 2014 Fernanda Parente rated it really liked it
Better than the first one
Vio
Its good I like this series, Kurt and Jake are darlings. I'm so hooked on them and that's why I keep coming back for more. They still get into scrapes, having to figure their way out of messy situations. Sometimes thrilling and sweet too, they are soul-mates, I love them.
Jenny
Dec 03, 2012 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely adventurous story that makes me long for the mountains and that perfect powder snow.
Kurt and Jake are interesting main characters, and the plot has some unexpected twists that keeps the reader on their toes. I will definitely read the spin-off, Fall Down The Mountain.
Penny
Aug 21, 2012 Penny rated it it was ok
This book was just okay for me. 2.5 stars. The storyline was okay, but a little over the top. A call girl/guy on skis??? Plus I found the sex scenes to overly long and a little to frequent. Romance doesn't need to equate sex scenes.
Dreamspinner Press: Snow on the Mountain by P.D. Singer (reprint) 1 4 Aug 17, 2012 08:19AM
  • Masters & Boyd
  • Duet
  • Moving On
  • Complete Faith (Morning Report, #2)
  • Strengthened By Fire (By Fire, #2)
  • A Still, Small Voice
  • A Hidden Magic (Sentinels #1)
  • For Men Like Us
  • Mourning Heaven
  • Paris A to Z (Coda Books, #5)
  • Loving Instincts (Instincts, #3)
  • Beggars and Choosers (Beggars and Choosers, #1)
  • All Bets Are Off (Mountain Boys, #1)
  • Unshakeable Faith
  • The Park at Sunrise
  • Floods and Drought (Clouds & Rain, #3)
  • Inherit the Sky (Lang Downs, #1)
  • First Time, Forever
PD Singer lives in Colorado with her slightly bemused husband, two rowdy teenage boys, and thirty pounds of cats. She's a big believer in research, first-hand if possible, so the reader can be quite certain PD has skied down a mountain face-first, been stepped on by rodeo horses, acquired a potato burn or two, and will never, ever, write a novel that includes sky-diving.

When not writing, playing h
More about P.D. Singer...

Mountain (10 books)
  • Fire on the Mountain (Mountain, #1)
  • Mistletoe on the Mountain (Mountain, #2.1)
  • 8 Seconds On The Mountain (Mountain, #2.2)
  • Fall Down the Mountain (Mountain, #3)
  • Cross the Mountain
  • Storm on the Mountain (Mountain, #3.2)
  • Sugar on the Mountain (Mountain #3.3)
  • Blood on the Mountain (Mountain, #4)
  • Return to the Mountain (Mountain, #5)