Start by marking “Snow on the Mountain (Mountain, #2)” as Want to Read:
Snow on the Mountain (Mountain, #2)

Snow on the Mountain (Mountain #2)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  259 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Champagne powder snow, gorgeously groomed slopes, and elegant hotels draw the expert and the wealthy to the exclusive Wapiti Creek Ski Resort, but for Jake Landon and Kurt Carlson, the lure is work. A novice skier, Jake's been assigned to run the bunny lift, but Kurt’s afraid he’ll be stuck shoveling snow all winter. Instructing at a private ski school should be his dream ...more
ebook, 2nd Edition, 210 pages
Published August 17th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Snow on the Mountain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snow on the Mountain

Hot Head by Damon SuedeTwisted Cherry by Piper KayCut & Run by Abigail RouxGrey's Awakening by Cameron DaneBareback by Chris Owen
M/M Hot Stuff Corner
301st out of 520 books — 283 voters
The Foxhole Court by Nora SakavicThe Raven King by Nora SakavicEvenfall by Santino HassellWiddershins by Jordan L. HawkLiar by Jane Seville
M/M Romance With (Mostly) White Covers
22nd out of 80 books — 19 voters

More lists with this book...

Buggy
Mar 24, 2013 Buggy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Buggy by: DarienMoya
Opening Line: “The screams made me turn around to look uphill.

”We first met Jake and Kurt in the fantastic 5 star Fire on the Mountain where they worked as fire rangers for the summer season. Two men alone in the mountains cut off from civilization, completely reliant on each other and well, you can guess the rest. Of course both assume the other is straight at first and dance around the obvious signs they're each putting out until a life or death situation forces the truth to the surface. They
Jenre
Snow on the Mountain is the sequel to the excellent Fire on the Mountain. Whilst it can be read as a stand-a-lone, I would recommend that you read Fire on the Mountain if you really want to get the true measure of how the character of Jake, especially, has developed since the end of the previous book.

The book begins a few months after the end of the previous book. Jake and Kurt have finished their summer job as forest rangers and are now working at an exclusive ski resort for the rich and famous
Kaje Harper
This was a solid, smoothly-written story, with characters I was already attached to after the first book. The plot went a little over the top in its thriller-style resolution, and particularly, for me, in the way that ended. (view spoiler) But I enjoyed the ...more
MandyM
2.5 stars. I really enjoyed book 1 in this series but this one is not so appealing. The romance is ok but the plot was like something out of an Austin Powers movie. Being forced at gunpoint to have sex with ski-bunnies??? That's so shagadelic baby, yeah!. And the MC's never seemed to come down from the ski-fields. Didn't matter if they were being shot at, forced to babysit the bosses kids, being run over by avalanches, etc, etc. They just never had enough of going round and round those mountains ...more
Eden Winters
I fell in love with Jake and Kurt in Fire on the Mountain, and learned interesting facts about being a forest ranger while watching their mating dance. In Snow on the Mountain, the steamy action is interspersed with daring rescues and skiing.

Throughout their misadventures, you can't help standing on the sidelines, cheering these two on. P.D. Singer has given us another thoroughly entertaining read!!!
T.M. Smith
Jake Landon and Kurt Carlson are still learning the basics of being in a relationship. They spent the entire summer under the stars in the Colorado Mountains and quickly went from friends and co-workers to lovers. Now they’ve traded in their ranger uniforms for parkas and ski’s for their new home, new jobs at the exclusive Wapiti Creek Ski Resort. Forest fires have been replaced by jealous co-workers, misplaced affections and a secret the resort keeps that threatens Jake and Kurt’s still fragile ...more
Elspeth
Dec 02, 2012 Elspeth rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
This one's ending wasn't as rushed at the first, but there were some loose ends that I hope are going to be tied up in Falling.
xbmbgrl
This is a follow up book to Fire on the Mountain. Kurt and Jake are 5 months into their relationship and working through the winter at a ski resort. They are still learning about each other and not totally solid yet although a lot more steady than they were.

There is a lot of action in this book and a lot less of the minute descriptions of the life of a ski instructor than we got of the life of a fire ranger. The balance seemed much more even in this effort.

Jake starts off with a daring rescue
Elisa Rolle
Like for the previous book in the series, Fire on the Mountain, the description of a lifestyle that is completely different from mine is so vivid that I was really into it and had almost the feeling to be an expert at the end of the novel. And it’s strange since the men are the same, the experience is completely different.

In Fire on the Mountain, Jake and Kurt are mountain fire rangers for the summer season, and their experience in that book was almost claustrophobic, two men alone in the mount
Nic
Unfortunately I did not enjoy this book nearly as much as the first book in the series Fire on the Mountain. The plot was just so far-fetched that it was difficult to settle into the story. I want to escape into a fantasy world when reading this type of light romance but I prefer an element of reality, not finding myself questioning the direction the story is taking.

Big spoilers following:
(view spoiler)
Susan Laine
This is Jake and Kurt's continuation story. While the summer was spent in virtual isolation in the wilderness, now it's winter, and they work together at a major ski resort. I liked the fact that they interacted with others more, made friends, and even a possible suitor came in the picture. But there's trouble on the mountain too, as enemies of all sorts seem to come out of the woodwork to make things that much harder.

I liked this book a lot. It's almost a bit better than the first because the t
Lily
Jake and Kurt from Fire on the Mountain are now working in a ski resort during the winter season. They've been together for six months and for the most part are comfortable in their relationship. This time around the action focuses on outside influences, Jake rescues a little boy and ends up with two little stalkers while Kurt takes a job with some very surprising, and unwanted, duties. There's a couple of bad guys, a few too many skiing references that I didn't understand as well as nice guys i ...more
Becky Condit
The sex between Kurt and Jake is sweet, hot, and full of love. Ms Singer writes sexy scenes with passion and I always enjoy that aspect of her books. I suppose SNOW ON THE MOUNTAIN could be read as a standalone story but having the background from Fire on the Mountain adds so much to the understanding of the characters and why they act the way they do. SNOW ON THE MOUNTAIN is another treat from Ms Singer and I really enjoyed it.
Please see my complete review on Oct. 10 at http://mrsconditreadsboo
Morgan  Skye
Full Review here http://thebloggergirls.com/2015/01/11...
In book one we meet Jake and Kurt and this is their continued story. They’ve been living together and working for the past 5 months and though they are pretty secure in their love for each other, they haven’t said the “L” word out loud. Jake is still a bit in the closet and this can be frustrating for Kurt, especially when Jake inadvertently leads on one of his co-workers!
PD Singer does another fantastic job describing the life and times a
Erin
So in the first book, I commented how it was a slow build up to the romance. That it felt more like a romance than a smexy hot read.

I enjoyed that. But what I didn't know was that book 2, was not a new couple, but Jake and Kurt further down the road. Oh my excitement was great after that, since it meant the slow romance build up that started in book 1, was done and we got to enjoy the romance/smexy fun times of the two boys.

Kurt seemed far less self assured than he did in the first book, which s
Arthur

This is the second book in Mountain series. I really liked the first one, and was looking forward reading the sequel. Unfortunately, IMO, this one is not as appealing as the first one. My like/dislike of this book is not steady. At first, I really enjoyed it and was ready to give it a 5-star rating. In the middle, however, it faltered. It's still a nice book, though.

(view spoiler)
Mara Ismine
4.5 stars. This is the sequel to Fire on the Mountain and Kurt and Jake have winter jobs at a ski resort. Life is more complicated when there are other people around.

More of Kurt's past is revealed in this book and Jake continues to act with mature competence softened by moments of vulnerability and self-doubt that balance perfectly. Their relationship grows against a background of the 'everyday' goings on at the ski resort that give the book a good dose of action and adventure. As a non-skier I
Kukko
Main Characters: Jake Landon & Kurt Carlson
Key Themes: Established Couple, Coming Out, Jealousy
Location: Wapiti Creek Ski Resort

Book 2 of the Mountain series.

Jake and Kurt are now living together and working at a ski resort. Jake operates the ski lifts and Kurt is an “instructor” at the top ski school in the area. At the start of the story, both MCs are in the closet.

Sadly, the main storyline was really disappointing - (view spoiler)
Dee Wy
Though I enjoyed the first book in the series, this one just left me cold. Did not like the plot at all.
Brandilyn
Reviewed for Prism Book Alliance

Finn Sterling narrated this first person title, and he did a fabulous job. He was easy to listen to and just sucked me right into the story. I can safely say that his narration helped the story come alive for me. I read Snow back in October when I first listened to Fire on the Mountain and did not enjoy it nearly as much as I did this time around.

For complete review see http://www.prismbookalliance.com/?pos... 24125

Fernanda Parente
Better than the first one
Vio
Its good I like this series, Kurt and Jake are darlings. I'm so hooked on them and that's why I keep coming back for more. They still get into scrapes, having to figure their way out of messy situations. Sometimes thrilling and sweet too, they are soul-mates, I love them.
Jenny
A lovely adventurous story that makes me long for the mountains and that perfect powder snow.
Kurt and Jake are interesting main characters, and the plot has some unexpected twists that keeps the reader on their toes. I will definitely read the spin-off, Fall Down The Mountain.
Penny
This book was just okay for me. 2.5 stars. The storyline was okay, but a little over the top. A call girl/guy on skis??? Plus I found the sex scenes to overly long and a little to frequent. Romance doesn't need to equate sex scenes.
Cryselle
I really enjoyed the characters from the first book, and had to read the sequel ASAP. More plot this time; Kurt's really gotten himself into a mess. Hot sex, too, no one's ever offered ME ski lessons like that!
jules0623
Dee
After finishing the second book in this series I find myself passionately falling for these two guys and only want to share more of their lives.
Meggie
Jack and Kurt's story continued on. The main storyline was enjoyable and fun to be listed to.
In overall, I liked it!
Candice
May 06, 2013 Candice is currently reading it
I am putting this on the back burner right now. I can't seem to get into it, but I think it's me and not the book.
Alicia
I thought the bad guys were a bit over the top, but I loved the relationship between our MC's.
Dreamspinner Press: Snow on the Mountain by P.D. Singer (reprint) 1 4 Aug 17, 2012 08:19AM
  • Masters & Boyd
  • The Wish (The Wish, #1)
  • The Good Fight (The Good Fight, #1)
  • Cover Up (Toronto Tales, #2)
  • Four Corners
  • Shying Away (Shying Away #1)
  • Aria (Blue Notes, #3)
  • Morning Report (Morning Report, #1)
  • Moving On
  • When Memory Fails (Falling #2)
  • Floods and Drought (Clouds & Rain, #3)
  • 72 Hours
  • Sounds of Love (Senses and Sensations, #1)
  • For Men Like Us
  • Inherit the Sky (Lang Downs, #1)
  • Where the Allegheny Meets the Monongahela
  • Loving Instincts (Instincts, #3)
  • Prize Package
PD Singer lives in Colorado with her slightly bemused husband, two rowdy teenage boys, and thirty pounds of cats. She's a big believer in research, first-hand if possible, so the reader can be quite certain PD has skied down a mountain face-first, been stepped on by rodeo horses, acquired a potato burn or two, and will never, ever, write a novel that includes sky-diving.

When not writing, playing h
More about P.D. Singer...

Mountain (10 books)
  • Fire on the Mountain (Mountain, #1)
  • Mistletoe on the Mountain (Mountain, #2.1)
  • 8 Seconds On The Mountain (Mountain, #2.2)
  • Fall Down the Mountain (Mountain, #3)
  • Cross the Mountain (Mountain #3.1)
  • Storm on the Mountain (Mountain, #3.2)
  • Sugar on the Mountain (Mountain #3.3)
  • Blood on the Mountain (Mountain, #4)
  • Return to the Mountain (Mountain, #5)
Fire on the Mountain (Mountain, #1) The Boy Next Door Scrum The Rare Event A New Man