The Estian Alliance (Jake West, #3)

The Estian Alliance (Jake West #3)

4.49 of 5 stars 4.49  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Jake West's battle against the forces of evil continues as he leads the remnants of the Estian Alliance to Te'oull. Hot on their heels is an army of murderous beasts intent on sealing their doom. The war of wars is here. The future of us all depends upon the actions of an ordinary fifteen year old boy. If he fails to restore the weapon bestowed upon the Estians by the Heyn...more
Kindle Edition, 1, 248 pages
Published August 5th 2012 by M J Webb

To ask other readers questions about The Estian Alliance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Estian Alliance

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick NessHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingNoughts & Crosses by Malorie BlackmanHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Best #UKYA Books
90th out of 407 books — 281 voters
A Game of Thrones by George R.R. MartinThe Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienThe Name of the Wind by Patrick RothfussThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisThe Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
The Best Epic Fantasy
461st out of 2,190 books — 14,944 voters

More lists with this book...

Meghan
I have been a bad reviewer, fan and friend. I finished this book a little over a week ago, but then life happened and I totally forgot to come back and write a review. *holds head down in shame* If only I could get a job where all I had to do was read all day - and I got paid well doing it - my life would be perfect. :)

So, here goes ...

Anyone who has been following my reviews of this series knows how much I love it, but this book - THIS book - is the best of the trilogy. There is actually not an...more
Sam
Oct 17, 2012 Sam rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: fantasy
This is the third and final installment of this epic series and finds us following Jake West as he pulls together the peoples of Estia to battle against King Vantrax in an epic battle that will turn the characters lives upside-down and leave you breathless. And best of all not only does my favourite dragon make a very welcome and prolonged appearance, he saves the day and in more ways than one.

Webb has created a series of epic proportions and rounded it off nicely with this book that is jam pack...more
Leigh
The Estian Alliance is the spectacular conclusion to the Jake West trilogy which will take you on the ride of your life. This story is full of action, adventure and twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Jake, Ben and the remainder of the Estian Alliance, after their near defeat at Dassilliak, have retreated to Te'oull with King Vantrax's evil army hot on their trail. Jake still needs to restore the box of stones to receive his full power as Keeper which will hopefully be t...more
Monaliza
Honestly the first thing I said when I finished this book was: " OH MY GOD!"

This was the best Jake West's story book. Mr. M.J. Webb managed to put everything in it and to tie some loose ends. The story starts right where the previous book left and it incredible how the story in different locations intertwine and keep the pace up.
The descriptions of the battles were amazing, like I could imagine myself there with a sword fighting to end the evil!

It was brilliant the way some characters reunite...more
Tracy Jones
“Jake West – The Estian Alliance” - M.J. Webb

“A Thrilling Finale…”

At last, Jake West and his entire team are forced to prepare for the greatest battle ever seen in the land of Estia. With the odds continually being stacked against them, only faith, chance, a little bit of luck, and a whole lot of magic is just about all they have for a chance to survive. And then things get worse.
This book was a constant adrenaline rush with everything that took place in order to restore peace, and the advent...more
Mallory Heart Reviews
Sep 07, 2012 Mallory Heart Reviews rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Mallory Heart by: M. J. Webb
Review of The Estian Alliance by M. J. Webb Jake West Trilogy #3

With any speculative fiction, including fantasy, the question always arises of whether the author’s world-building is believable: is the suspension of disbelief strained, or is it easy and immediate? There is never any doubt with the novels of M. J. Webb’s Jake West Trilogy: the reader leaps instantaneously from contemporary Britain to a world not our own, a world of magic and strange beasts, wars and terror, a world that can only b...more
Yvette Calleiro
This book is book three of the Jake West series and it is AMAZING! I would highly recommend that the reader read books one and two before reading this one to fully enjoy the epic battle that takes place in his book. This book was one nail-biting moment after another, and I loved every minute of it.

I loved how the author successfully switched scenes from one battle to another, allowing us to see what was happening on different fronts of the war without losing the urgent pace needed for any of the...more
M.J. Webb
Jul 06, 2013 M.J. Webb rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
This is my final book in the Jake West trilogy and I've agonised over rating it myself. I have seen on this site that most authors do however and so I give it 5 stars; one of the many 5 star ratings on Amazon.co.uk is shown below.
It was penned for teens and young adults. It's a bit of fun and escapism, nothing more.

First review on Amazon.co.uk by Kirstin;

I'd been on tenter hooks book waiting to read the third and final book and I wasn't left disappointed. As with the previous two books, it's...more
saad
The Estian Alliance is the last book of the Jake West trilogy and is the best book of the series. I give this book a rating of 3.7 STARS.

Once again thanks to the author, like the previous two books of the series, I got this book too for free in return for a review.

I really liked this book and would have given it 4 stars but the shortcomings of the first two books continue in this one too.

The writing style and narration could still improve. There are still some punctuation and grammatical errors...more
Cesar Cesar
This was the end to a trilogy of books by M.J.Webb, and it was great to see how the story ends. The book was full of action and suspense and it actually had quite a few twists in the story which were unexpected! The writing was on par with the last two books and it was fast moving and well written.
Edenmary Black
MJ Webb’s third title – Jake West – The Estian Alliance – has everything fans of epic fantasy will enjoy, no matter their age. Readers seeking action, danger and good guys, facing almost insurmountable odds against bitter evil, will find the challenges facing fifteen-year old Jake and his companions to be a great adventure. The odds are against them, but these fighters have heart, ingenuity and the fate of the world resting upon their shoulders.

Although reading the first two books of the trilog...more
Isis
Highly entertaining, picking right up where the last book left off. As with the other books expect plenty of twists and turns throughout the plot. Characters develop even more depth, and new, totally unexpected characters are introduced, creating new friendships, strengthening family bonds, and generally keeping the characters from ever being at risk of stagnating.

There are some scenes that are completely out of the blue, keeping the reader on their toes trying to anticipate what comes next. And...more
Jonel Boyko
This story is exceptionally well written. It is fast paced and very easy to follow. The smooth flow of the story aids this greatly. Webb’s mastery of the English language allows for descriptions and narrative that aid the storyline and keep up with the action. I also appreciate that the author uses a writing style and vocabulary suitable for the storyline while writing with a flair for the dramatic and imagination that will captivate and be suitable for all audiences.

The story picks up right whe...more
Charity Parkerson
Author M.J. Webb never ceases to amaze me

As someone who loves Harry Potter and The Chronicles of Narnia, I was very excited back when I read the description of the first book in this series: Jake West The Keeper of the Stones. I went into that book never expecting that I would find a world just as bright and magical as the ones in my favorite books, but author M.J. Webb truly surprised me. I loved it and I quickly snatched up book 2: Jake West Warriors of Heynai.
I've finally made it to book 3:...more
Sarah Martinson
This, by far, is the best of the Jake West books! The Estian Alliance will not disappoint!

This book is very action packed, and filled with so many plot twists that you will not want to put this book down! The Estian Alliance concludes the story of Jake, Ben, Zephany, and the others in a roller coaster ride that you couldn't decide which way the story was headed and who would win. I literally gasped out loud at some of the revelations and events in the story, along with choking up and having my e...more
Belinda King
This has to be my favorite out of the 3 book series.
There were alot of unexpected twists that I did not see coming. For the last quarter of the book there were so many times where I thought the book was about to end and then the plot would take off again in another direction. I liked how the author developed the story around the family. This was very evident in the third book. I also like how the author shows just how horrific war is and also how when things seem totally lost that there is alway...more
Maria
Still think that the series is more of a younger teen read than a YA book.

The Estian Alliance was the best book in the series. What an entertaining fantasy adventure. Once again it picked up from where the last book left off and making wanting more. I don't think I've read a series this fast for a very long time.

The whole trilogy had everything you want in a fantasy story to feed your imagination. There was magic, battles, kings, queens, princesses, creatures, evil, heroes, dragons...... and of...more
Michael Long
This book was an excellent conclusion to the series. Jake and the alliance are put to the ultimate test as all of the forces of evil converge in battle against them, and Jake races against the clock to restore the stones.

The action was non-stop and progressed nicely with no detours. I could hardly put this one down and wanted to see how it ended. The character development was excellent and there were actually a few surprises I didn't see coming. The story wrapped up nicely but there is still an...more
Bruce Weller

This Book is by far the best it shows the most unlikely surprise. A twist I did not see coming in retrospect it should have be plain to see. But I was very surprised at the end to see who the true hero’s were. It was to me not the fighters but the glue that kept the fighters going. FAMILY is powerful in ways that can either build or the can destroy. This story shows that to its fullest!
All in all this series was my kinda style it was full of decisions that are made for the greater good not just...more
Chris Parker
My son, Adrian read this book, having eagerly devoured the first two in the series, and asked me to post this review;
"Another excellent book that I didn't want to put down. Possibly even better than the first two Jake West books in the series, this one brings the story to a finishing point, though I hope the author might write another one with a new villain.
I loved this series of books. They have all been well-written with a good mix of action and characters."
Praise indeed from a very picky read...more
Mrsfred
Wow if you have read the other two books in this trilogy this is a must I am only sorry there are no more these books have got better and better, almost impossible to put down, if you have not tried this author then put his books on your Christmas list, get them all you will not be disappointed the twist and turns from first to last keep you wondering what will happen next, it has been a real joy to experience the adventures of Jake West, I hope Martin enjoyed writing as much as I've enjoyed rea...more
Jose Fernandez
What a fantastic end to this trilogy. I've really enjoyed reading these. This final chapter has everything; twists, turns, more dragons! The storyline is like something out of a C S Lewis novel. I feel sure that anyone over 13 or so will love this/these books.
Kristof Vanweert
It's okay. exciting to read but the kind of book where you know beforehand that the good guys will win in the end against impossible odds.
Craig Parkinson
fantastic nothing else to say about this trilogy. a must read if you like magic dragons an mystical creatures and suspense.
Karley
I liked this book the best! I am curious to know if there will be more now ;-)
 Marla
I am not sure what it is about this series, that it takes me forever to read each book (I've been reading this a little at a time since February and just got done in August). I would never have read the whole trilogy if I hadn't gotten free review copies from the author and committed to reviewing them.

I don't like it that evil seems to triumph time and again over good. And it wasn't really a typical fantasy or science fiction book. There were so many characters to keep track of and I didn't find...more
Charlotte
This review is also posted on my blog: Thoughts and Pens

Is it over? Whew! I never thought that I could endure such torture. Right, if I wasn’t a woman of my word, the most sensible thing that I can think of at this moment is to stop myself from spending more time laboring about this book. I will have to make this review brief and concise because the thought of the opposite will surely ruin me forever.

After reading the two first books, I was really hoping that things would improve with this one p...more
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Vlad George
Vlad George marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
M J Webb is a loving father of two and husband to one. He lives and works in the heart of England. A short while after the birth of his two children he found himself wanting to do something for them. He wanted to give them something they would always have, something from him that they could hopefully be proud of.
The Jake West trilogy was the result.
More about M.J. Webb...
The Keeper of the Stones (Jake West, #1) Warriors of the Heynai (Jake West, #2) The Jake West Trilogy