Start by marking “The Celebrated Pedestrian” as Want to Read:
The Celebrated Pedestrian

The Celebrated Pedestrian

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Faith Wentworth's father is a renowned sportsman and national celebrity, but Faith despises all sport and wants to be admired for herself, not her father's exploits. So when Sir Anthony and Lord Frederick begin to pay her marked attentions she's suspicious of their motives. Sir Anthony obviously cares more for her father than for her, but it seems as if Lord Frederick is w ...more
Published July 23rd 2012 by LeMoyne House

To ask other readers questions about The Celebrated Pedestrian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Celebrated Pedestrian

Susan
I wavered between 3 and 4 stars on this. I enjoyed it as a relaxing Sunday afternoon read, and appreciated its sweet good humor. But I always have trouble deciding on numbers of stars.

The Celebrated Pedestrian is a sweet book with some charming gentle humor. The conflicts are muted. It’s pretty clear right from the start how the romance will sort out, but it’s an enjoyable process watching the romance progress. If you’re in the mood for a quick book about genuinely nice people who are rewarded w
Jenna L
Featherweight reading with an extremely predictable plot. The characters were lightly developed. Too many modern attitudes and phrases to be anywhere near authentic Regency.
Lady Salford
I'm being a bit generous with my rating for this novel since the author's previous books were much better than the flow of this story. Four sets of couples eventually got together, which is quite a lot for such a short story. I felt that not enough time was given to each couple let alone the main characters.

Overall, it was a quick read that helped satisfy my regency withdrawals.
Cathy
Pretty good. This was an enjoyable book, just some pleasant, light reading. The love stories were cute and sweet. My only complaint is that I wasn't completely involved in the romances; they didn't quite catch me up in them as I might have liked. I think the book was too brief for that. But an entertaining, clean book.
Lisa
Suzanne's books are always a delight and they get better and better. This is a fun Regency romance with wonderful insight dealing with characterization. Often an author can accurately portray the main characters' inner workings, but Suzanne is spot on with everyone in the book! And they are all different! Well done.
Becky
I know this is shocking, but like all of Allain's books... I loved it. It was quite as funny as her other two books, and I definitely laughed out loud a few times. I hope she keeps writing because it makes Christmas shopping so much easier. Look for this under the tree :)
sandy
I got this book as a part of the Goodreads giveaway. It is a fun read, basically your chick-flick Victorian novel, but without much literary depth. You pretty much know what is going to happen by the first chapter.
Jenny
Great book. Great author! Makes me want to re-read Mr. Malcom's List. Similar playful attitude.
Calli
I didn't realize they actually had walking events!
Theresa Depiano
Theresa Depiano marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Dua'a Behbehani
Dua'a Behbehani marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Lindsay Peterson
Lindsay Peterson is currently reading it
Mar 04, 2015
Raili
Raili marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Mickslibrarian
Mickslibrarian marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Joelle
Joelle marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
L Marie
L Marie marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Tami Tolsma
Tami Tolsma marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Micki Levin
Micki Levin marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
  • Major Lord David (Regency Trilogy, #2)
  • Carla Kelly's Christmas Collection
  • The Tenacious Miss Tamerlane
  • Once Upon a Christmas (Nobody, #2)
  • Escapade
  • Danse de la Folie
  • Brighton Road
  • Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind (Avalon Romance)
  • Family Plot (John Pickett mysteries, #3)
  • The Foundling
  • The Substitute Bridegroom
  • The Baron and The Bluestocking
  • Fairchild
  • A Loyal Companion
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • Elyza
Mr. Malcolm's List Incognito The Judas Postcard What Kind of Princess Are You? I Am Not David Sedaris - Though I Do Talk Like a Girl