Start by marking “The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour: The Frontier Stories: Volume Three” as Want to Read:

The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour: The Frontier Stories: Volume Three (The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour #3)

This third volume of Louis L'Amour's collected stories gathers twenty-eight tales of the American West in a keepsake edition sure to delight fans old and new. This collection is a thrilling tribute to the unique spirit of our frontier heritage and proves again the enduring popularity of America's favorite storyteller.
The essence of Louis L'Amour's timeless appeal can be f
Published October 25th 2005 by Bantam Books

To ask other readers questions about The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour

Nov 08, 2008 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Jennifer by: Travis Johnson and Kurt Ellison
FORK YOUR OWN BRONCOS.

One day I'll stage readings (with my coworker and cohort, Travis "Jingle Bob" Johnson) from these illustrious works of fiction during slam night at my local coffeeshop; I'll swagger in, a Stetson on my head and a waterpistol on my hip, and turn late night Monterey upside down. And then I'll probably be arrested for sheer lack of taste, but I won't care, because I'm one plumb salty hombre.
John Bruni
Aug 16, 2016 John Bruni rated it it was amazing
Another reliable book from a very reliable writer. Louis L'Amour does not mess around. He delivers every time. You always know what you're going to get. It's going to be a cowboy hero who is extraordinarily competent and always tries to find non-lethal ways to get out of incredibly violent situations. If it comes down to it, he will kill, but only if driven to it. The villain is always very fast and hard and is surrounded by weasels and back shooters. But the hero will always beat the living day ...more
Kenneth
Great old West stories

Louis L'Amour is the premier story teller of the old West. His way of bringing to life the characters will have you turning page after page to reveal the next exciting action fill episode.
Jerry Blackerby
Feb 10, 2015 Jerry Blackerby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great collection of short stories. I had read a few of the stories in Volume 1, but none in Volume 2. I think I may have read one story in Volume 3 previously, but was not sure. There were some scenes seemed familiar, but others did not, so I reread it. There were two or three Lance Kilkinney stories, which I like. Loved it.
JD
Mar 11, 2016 JD rated it liked it
Shelves: western-fiction
This is a very interesting collection. I had enjoyed many of these stories from other publishing, and it was a pleasure to read them again and to enjoy the ones I had not read previously.
Gail Morris
Feb 12, 2015 Gail Morris rated it it was amazing
Some of these stories I have read in other collections and many were new to me; I enjoyed each and everyone of them.
Julie Davis
Dec 01, 2012 Julie Davis rated it liked it
Watched Red River last night (Howard Hawks directed, John Wayne starred, Montgomery Clift costarred, Walter Brennen was the obligatory coot natch) and, since it was just about the perfect Western, I was jonesing for more Western. Had this sitting around and it has been filling the bill nicely, thank you. Strong men, right and wrong, brave women, etc.

Overall it was good enough but way too many of the stories seemed similar, ending with the ultimate shootout between the fellow no one thought could
John Flynn
Nov 27, 2007 John Flynn rated it it was amazing
Louis L'Amour is one of the masters of the Western. In a genre that is so often defined and confined by its cliches and archetypes, he wove wonderful stories about strong men and women on the frontier. His short stories are captivating tales, and this collection is a great presentation of that. Yes, the stories follow familiar paths and can be unbearably predictable, but the journey is so well written and expertly done that the fact that you already know the destination like the back of your han ...more
Mark Burnham
Jun 08, 2016 Mark Burnham rated it it was amazing
Great Stories!!!!
Royce Ratterman
Aug 26, 2016 Royce Ratterman rated it really liked it
Fabulous listening for the commuter.
I thoroughly enjoyed each tales - well enacted.
Overall, a good book for the researcher and enthusiast.
Read for personal research
- found this book's contents helpful and inspiring - number rating relates to the book's contribution to my needs.
Dad
Apr 09, 2011 Dad rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read the first 9 stories. They were good, but seemed to have the same plot.Good guy beats bad guys and gets the girl. Maybe I will read the other 19 stories later.
Livia
May 28, 2008 Livia rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone interested in Westerns
Shelves: louis-l-amour
This is another fabulous volume of Louis L'Amour. It's always as though your reading about real people in his short story series.
Norman Felchle
Mar 29, 2014 Norman Felchle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exactly the stuff I was looking for.
Now I've satisfied my craving for some good old fashioned sun-baked, dusty westerns.
Tom Tallmadge
Aug 19, 2012 Tom Tallmadge rated it it was amazing
Another great collection by the master story teller
Peter Charleston
Sep 21, 2014 Peter Charleston rated it really liked it
Entertaining westerns.
Franklin D.
Franklin D. rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2016
Rich
Rich marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Abibliofob
Abibliofob rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2016
Kenneth W Wood
Kenneth W Wood marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Frank Spain
Frank Spain is currently reading it
Sep 13, 2016
Abraham Jacobs
Abraham Jacobs marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Jared
Jared rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Ramona Hilliard
Ramona Hilliard rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2016
John
John marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Doris Parker
Doris Parker rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2016
Peter McFDYEN
Peter McFDYEN rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Linda Remsen
Linda Remsen rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2016
PattyMacDotComma
PattyMacDotComma marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
  • Hunger’s Brides: A Novel of the Baroque
  • Ha'penny (Small Change, #2)
  • Anpao: An American Indian Odyssey
  • Hemingway on War
  • I'll Ask You Three Times, Are You OK?: Tales of Driving and Being Driven
  • Zombies Calling
  • Classic Westerns, 26 Zane Grey Novels
  • The Giant Joshua
  • The Essential Cuisines of Mexico: Revised and updated throughout, with more than 30 new recipes.
  • Matt Jensen, the Last Mountain Man (Matt Jensen: The Last Mountain Man, #1)
  • Billy Collins Live: A Performance at the Peter Norton Symphony Space
  • Love, Death, and the Changing of the Seasons
  • Selected Poems
  • The Unforgiven
-Wikipedia
More about Louis L'Amour...

The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour (7 books)
  • The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour, Volume 1: Frontier Stories