Start by marking “Just One Night (Decadence Creek, #1)” as Want to Read:
Just One Night (Decadence Creek, #1)

Just One Night (Decadence Creek #1)

3.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,349 Ratings  ·  126 Reviews
Addison Duval has a secret. A delicious, broad-shouldered, six-foot-three secret with hot eyes, rough hands and a rougher past. Charming, handsome, and off-limits, Chase Montgomery is the only man she’s wanted since her father lured him out of a back alley Louisville chop shop to take a job in their tiny town of Decadence Creek.

After Chase finally takes her up on her old p
Published June 29th 2012 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Just One Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just One Night

Cathy M.
Feb 12, 2013 Cathy M. rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
I was in the mood for something short, sweet and mindless before I started my next emotional and angsty book. I enjoyed this quick (and free) read though I wish it was a bit longer. Wanted more Chase!
TORI ~Break Me~Own Me~Love Me~
3.25 Stars

This was short, simple and to the point. I liked it a lot. It's a good short read when you're between books and you want something quick and hot.
Julie-anne
Jan 21, 2013 Julie-anne rated it it was ok
It was only OK. I have to admit I get so annoyed when I get a Kindle book (even though this one was free) and the actual story finishes at the 50% mark. It make me think I have a fairly decent length of read ahead of me but oh no! I was completely wrong and the other 50% is getting filled in with the first part of a different book ..... I may have gotten this book for free but this is still a really annoying trait for some small Kindle books.
Keri
May 30, 2014 Keri rated it really liked it

4 STARS - I REALLY LIKED IT
NOVELLA (ABOUT 48 PAGES)

For a novella this was pretty good. Of course the author can not go into depth on the characters history or their issues or their personalities, but for the amount of pages Ms. Ryan did a pretty good job of giving the "right" information to make the book enjoyable. We get the basic information of what happened in their past and we clearly see they care for each other. There are a couple of sexy scenes that were well written. I don't generally en
Charlac
Aug 08, 2013 Charlac rated it really liked it
WOW that was pretty hot!
 photo tumblr_lnpe5qBfn21qb4uyho1_500_zps43f9dd6e.gif
Rhonda
Mar 06, 2013 Rhonda rated it really liked it
Addison ran to Paris to avoid ruining the one she loves life. Her dad threatened to ruin him if she was with him. He was ten years older than her and an ex-con. She went to him the night before she left to offer him one night. He turned her away.

Chase regretted turning Addy away as soon as he found out she left. He feels like he pushed her away. When she comes home for her brother and best friend’s wedding, he’s not wasting the chance. He takes her up on her one night offer and they have a steam
~ Stephanie Lynn ~
Addison is a good girl, working hard to get a career in fashion off the ground and harboring a secret crush on the gorgeous Chase. She runs to Paris to avoid ruining into the one she loves.

Chase is a bad boy in every sense of the word. After spending time in juvie Addison's father gave him a second chance to work
Nina
Feb 20, 2013 Nina rated it really liked it
I'm a sucker for second chance romance stories and Just One Night by Lexi Ryan falls right under this category. Just One Night was a very enjoyable read. From the cover (and since this is erotic romance), I expected there to be little story and lots of sex. However, I was wrong. Ms. Ryan did a great job fleshing out a story and providing the reader just the right amount of steamy sex scenes that doesn't overpower the story itself.

The book description did a grand job of summarizing the story so I
Melissa
Jun 02, 2013 Melissa rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Romance/Erotica Readers
"Just One Night" is a well written story alternating between the two main characters perspectives. Chase is the traditional bad boy gone good. Chase is an ex-con who works for Addison father. Addison is daddy's little princess that has a wild streak. She's had a crush on Chase since her father hired him when she was a teenager. There was always some sort of chemistry between the two. He respected her father and tempered his feelings. Addison left town to pursue her dream in the fashion industry ...more
Angel **Book Junkie**
Sep 22, 2013 Angel **Book Junkie** rated it really liked it
Lexi Ryan should be a lesson to all authors who want to start a short story! Finish the first story and if you want to write a series do so but, do not stop a book (however short) in the middle of the story to make someone buy the next book. I did purchase BOOK 2 in this series and I am getting ready to start it later in the day.

Chase -- an ex-con who felt that he would never be good enough for his boss's daughter Addy.

Addy -- determined to run from the love she has for Chase because of potenti
Michelle
Jul 19, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Short but very captivating - I want a full novel after reading just this small serial.

Chase is an ex-con who is given a second chance by a man who puts him to work in his auto-shop. Addison is the youngest child of Mr. Duval, his baby. Addy wants one night with Chase the man that is 10 years older than her - that she has fallen in love with, but Chase can't give in and stand to lose everything if they are caught.

She comes home and Chase is drawn in, wondering if her offer for one night still st
The BookWhisperer
Feb 04, 2013 The BookWhisperer rated it liked it
A quick little story that you can’t pass up. Addison has a reason why she left after propositioning Chase one night. But while she is back for her brothers wedding, she realizes that she still harbors the same feelings for him and he opens himself to her for just one night.

The chapters are written in both Chase and Addison’s perspective so you know how they feel about each other, which I liked. And the scenes with them together…nice. My only complaint would be that their story ended 50% through
Babus
May 18, 2013 Babus rated it liked it
My biggest complaint about this book is that it is too SHORT! I know it is a short story, but I want more! (I'm greedy that way.) We get to experience approximately 24 hours in these characters' lives. I would like to go back to when they first met and how their relationship blossomed. I really liked these people and want to read more about them, especially how they spend their time after the ending of the book. The author hinted at another story about other characters in this book and I hope sh ...more
Dar
Sep 14, 2013 Dar rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reads
Really liked it - wanted more! This is short, sweet and straight to the point, to the point the teaser of the end of the book was just as long as the book
It is exactly what is says, one night, but what a night as Addy comes home for her best friends and brothers wedding. The man she left behind still pines for her, and she has been in love with him since he appeared when she was 18. He is done playing around, and she is still trying to protect him, but they finally end up on the same page - whic
Shelley Chastagner
Apr 08, 2013 Shelley Chastagner rated it liked it
Great novella. I liked the fluid conversations between the characters. You believe that they were all long time friends or enemies. Nothing felt stilted or contrived. This would have been much better as a full length book. I would have liked to know Emily's motivations for the animosity she so freely expressed. The small glimpses into Chase and Addison's actions were adequate, but I would have liked to have gotten to know them a whole lot better.
I would give this a recommendation to those who d
★★Sara Lizzy★★
Just One Night was a quick and enjoyable read about Addison and Chase. Chase had a criminal history years ago and has been in love with Addison for 5 years since her dad helped him turn his life around. He's never felt he was good enough for Addison and never wanted to pursue her because of everything her dad did to help him and he never felt he was good enough for her.

Addison has been in love with Chase for years as well. She wanted to be with Chase 2 years prior, but after being rejected she l
Debbie
Oct 21, 2013 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Addison has been in love with Chase but hasn't forgotten him turning her down two years earlier. Chase wants Addison, but since he works for her dad he's afraid to pursue it. When they meet again, Chase finally decides she's worth the risk and asks Addison if her offer of "one night" still stands. After they're together Chase knows he needs more than one night and knows he's in love with her too. Will love be enough to keep her from leaving again? Sweet short story of finding love and happiness.
Siobhan Muir
Jun 10, 2013 Siobhan Muir rated it really liked it
What a great, hot, short little tale. I'd never read any of Lexi Ryan's tales, but this one was a great short read. If you're looking for something long and involved, this isn't it, but the next one that comes after is longer, I think. This is short and hot and meant to give you a taste of her writing and her series. I highly recommend it and I will read more of Ms. Ryan's work in the future.
Lisa
Jan 25, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-tbr, ibook
I liked it. It was SHORT, but sweet love story (too short). Bad boy not good enough for the bosses daughter. Both mad about each other, one night they are brought back together after three years not seeing one another, due to there different worlds. It was a bit of a tease, and I would of like more of a plot. But the ending did somewhat satisfy me. So yes I would recommend this as a short story!
Auhmanduh
Apr 28, 2013 Auhmanduh rated it liked it
an incredibly short read. less than 100 pages.

after being gone for 2 yrs Addison arrives home for her best friends wedding and falls into the arms of Chase, the ex-con whom she has been obsessing over since her father first hired him 5yrs ago.

this book gets 3 stars because the story line has potential but it wasn't long enough for me to really get into it.
J.L.
Nov 08, 2013 J.L. rated it really liked it
This is a short story. Very quick easy read. Some smoke and maybe even some steam. Addision loves Chase. Chase loves Addison - but Chase and Addison both have back stories that keep them apart. But as in all good love stories, things comes to light and cupid strikes again.

I read this on my ereader. It is for sale for $0.99 on Kobo and Kindle.
Theresa
May 29, 2013 Theresa rated it it was amazing
A short story that manages to get all the details in to make you wonder and want another story. The story of the main characters is paired with side notes about the people they encounter that make you want to learn more about everyone in the story. This story reads quickly and moves so fast you don't want to put it down.
Soph Maher
Jan 08, 2014 Soph Maher rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I liked this book as it wasn't over powered by sex scenes, but there was just enough to make an exotic book exotic. I liked how Addison came back and was still as madly in love as she was when she ran away from her love Chase. I wish this book was a little bit longer as I couldn't get enough of it in one nights read :)
Shanny
Sep 23, 2013 Shanny rated it really liked it
I love a good second chance romance. The only complaint I have is the length. I felt the story needed more emotional turbulence, that could only be achieved by added length. Also, book length was estimated at 47 pages, but it was 33...not a big deal, just not what I was expecting.
Joycee
Jan 17, 2013 Joycee rated it liked it
Shelves: romances-read
Pretty good read ... no extraneous secondary plotlines, and the intimate scenes were just right in terms of steaminess.

But I must admit, I enjoyed the included sample of "Text Appeal" (same author) more - makes me seriously consider actually BUYING the full e-book. :)
Patty
Sep 15, 2012 Patty rated it it was amazing
Just One Night is another great sexy story which explodes the sexual attraction and tension between educated, young, sexy and well to do Addison Duval and Chase Montgomery who is much older, blue-collar worker who is employed by Mr. Duval. Another great and fast read.
Sónia Tigol
Jun 10, 2013 Sónia Tigol rated it really liked it
"Just One Night" is a well written story alternating between the two main characters perspectives. Great book. I liked the fluid conversations between the characters. A short story that manages to get all the details in to make you wonder and beg for more. I love it!!!
Anna Coy
Feb 07, 2013 Anna Coy rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-reads, erotic
How could you not love a story with a hot ex felon and a daddy's girl?!?! This story is hot! After two years, Chase finally takes Addison up on her offer. The question is does Addison run again or does it work out for the couple that is HOT for each other!
Jessica M.
Feb 09, 2013 Jessica M. rated it it was amazing
Simply enjoyed it like a soap opera. I liked how Addison became a strong character instead of being submissive or desperate and Chase was the one that showed a healthy dose of desperation. It was a quick and enjoyable read.
Bookbaby
Jan 08, 2014 Bookbaby rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica
If you like contemporary erotic romance, a hero with a heart and a very hot body, then this is the book for you.

The heroine's secret crush, bad boy Chase turned her down when she threw herself at him as a teenager because he worked for her Dad and didn't want to lose his job. When she comes back home as an adult, they work out that the things that prevented them getting together no longer apply, unfortunately she has to leave in the morning, so for just one night....

The book well written and pa
  • Mirror (Luke, #1)
  • Tempt Me
  • Girl Next Door - The Complete Series (Girl Next Door, #1-3)
  • Naked Edge
  • Proposals (The Billionaire's Contract, #1)
  • In the Arms of a Soldier (Soldier, #3)
  • Text Me (Text Me, #1)
  • Right Moves (Playing With the Boys, #1)
  • Always (Sexy Suit Romance #1)
  • Blind Date Teddy Bear (Her Teddy Bear, #1)
  • His Every Touch 1 (His Every Touch, #1)
  • Finally (Windy City, #1)
  • What Wendy Wants
  • Hot For Teacher (Submission University, #1)
  • Cornered
  • Star-Crossed
New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author Lexi Ryan’s novels have been described as intense, emotional, and wickedly sexy. A former college professor, she now writes full-time from her home in Indiana, where she lives with her husband, two children, and a neurotic dog. Find her on Facebook or Twitter to chat about books, TV, and her children’s latest antics.
More about Lexi Ryan...

Decadence Creek (2 books)
  • Just the Way You Are (Decadence Creek, #2)