Just One Night (Decadence Creek,  #1)

Just One Night (Decadence Creek #1)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  703 ratings  ·  77 reviews
Addison Duval has a secret. A delicious, broad-shouldered, six-foot-three secret with hot eyes, rough hands and a rougher past. Charming, handsome, and off-limits, Chase Montgomery is the only man she’s wanted since her father lured him out of a back alley Louisville chop shop to take a job in their tiny town of Decadence Creek.

After Chase finally takes her up on her old p...more
Published June 29th 2012 by Smashwords

Cathy
I was in the mood for something short, sweet and mindless before I started my next emotional and angsty book. I enjoyed this quick (and free) read though I wish it was a bit longer. Wanted more Chase!
Charlac
WOW that was pretty hot!
 photo tumblr_lnpe5qBfn21qb4uyho1_500_zps43f9dd6e.gif
Julie-anne
It was only OK. I have to admit I get so annoyed when I get a Kindle book (even though this one was free) and the actual story finishes at the 50% mark. It make me think I have a fairly decent length of read ahead of me but oh no! I was completely wrong and the other 50% is getting filled in with the first part of a different book ..... I may have gotten this book for free but this is still a really annoying trait for some small Kindle books.
Rhonda
Addison ran to Paris to avoid ruining the one she loves life. Her dad threatened to ruin him if she was with him. He was ten years older than her and an ex-con. She went to him the night before she left to offer him one night. He turned her away.

Chase regretted turning Addy away as soon as he found out she left. He feels like he pushed her away. When she comes home for her brother and best friend’s wedding, he’s not wasting the chance. He takes her up on her one night offer and they have a steam...more
Stephanie (Steph Rebel Book Vixen)
Addison is a good girl, working hard to get a career in fashion off the ground and harboring a secret crush on the gorgeous Chase. She runs to Paris to avoid ruining into the one she loves.

Chase is a bad boy in every sense of the word. After spending time in juvie Addison's father gave him a second chance to work...more
Nina
I'm a sucker for second chance romance stories and Just One Night by Lexi Ryan falls right under this category. Just One Night was a very enjoyable read. From the cover (and since this is erotic romance), I expected there to be little story and lots of sex. However, I was wrong. Ms. Ryan did a great job fleshing out a story and providing the reader just the right amount of steamy sex scenes that doesn't overpower the story itself.

The book description did a grand job of summarizing the story so I...more
Melissa
Jun 02, 2013 Melissa rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Romance/Erotica Readers
"Just One Night" is a well written story alternating between the two main characters perspectives. Chase is the traditional bad boy gone good. Chase is an ex-con who works for Addison father. Addison is daddy's little princess that has a wild streak. She's had a crush on Chase since her father hired him when she was a teenager. There was always some sort of chemistry between the two. He respected her father and tempered his feelings. Addison left town to pursue her dream in the fashion industry...more
Angel **Book Junkie**
Lexi Ryan should be a lesson to all authors who want to start a short story! Finish the first story and if you want to write a series do so but, do not stop a book (however short) in the middle of the story to make someone buy the next book. I did purchase BOOK 2 in this series and I am getting ready to start it later in the day.

Chase -- an ex-con who felt that he would never be good enough for his boss's daughter Addy.

Addy -- determined to run from the love she has for Chase because of potenti...more
Michelle
Short but very captivating - I want a full novel after reading just this small serial.

Chase is an ex-con who is given a second chance by a man who puts him to work in his auto-shop. Addison is the youngest child of Mr. Duval, his baby. Addy wants one night with Chase the man that is 10 years older than her - that she has fallen in love with, but Chase can't give in and stand to lose everything if they are caught.

She comes home and Chase is drawn in, wondering if her offer for one night still st...more
The BookWhisperer
A quick little story that you can’t pass up. Addison has a reason why she left after propositioning Chase one night. But while she is back for her brothers wedding, she realizes that she still harbors the same feelings for him and he opens himself to her for just one night.

The chapters are written in both Chase and Addison’s perspective so you know how they feel about each other, which I liked. And the scenes with them together…nice. My only complaint would be that their story ended 50% through...more
My biggest complaint about this book is that it is too SHORT! I know it is a short story, but I want more! (I'm greedy that way.) We get to experience approximately 24 hours in these characters' lives. I would like to go back to when they first met and how their relationship blossomed. I really liked these people and want to read more about them, especially how they spend their time after the ending of the book. The author hinted at another story about other characters in this book and I hope sh...more
Darcy
Really liked it - wanted more! This is short, sweet and straight to the point, to the point the teaser of the end of the book was just as long as the book
It is exactly what is says, one night, but what a night as Addy comes home for her best friends and brothers wedding. The man she left behind still pines for her, and she has been in love with him since he appeared when she was 18. He is done playing around, and she is still trying to protect him, but they finally end up on the same page - whic...more
Shelley Chastagner
Great novella. I liked the fluid conversations between the characters. You believe that they were all long time friends or enemies. Nothing felt stilted or contrived. This would have been much better as a full length book. I would have liked to know Emily's motivations for the animosity she so freely expressed. The small glimpses into Chase and Addison's actions were adequate, but I would have liked to have gotten to know them a whole lot better.
I would give this a recommendation to those who d...more
Debbie
Addison has been in love with Chase but hasn't forgotten him turning her down two years earlier. Chase wants Addison, but since he works for her dad he's afraid to pursue it. When they meet again, Chase finally decides she's worth the risk and asks Addison if her offer of "one night" still stands. After they're together Chase knows he needs more than one night and knows he's in love with her too. Will love be enough to keep her from leaving again? Sweet short story of finding love and happiness....more
Siobhan Muir
What a great, hot, short little tale. I'd never read any of Lexi Ryan's tales, but this one was a great short read. If you're looking for something long and involved, this isn't it, but the next one that comes after is longer, I think. This is short and hot and meant to give you a taste of her writing and her series. I highly recommend it and I will read more of Ms. Ryan's work in the future.
Lisa
I liked it. It was SHORT, but sweet love story (too short). Bad boy not good enough for the bosses daughter. Both mad about each other, one night they are brought back together after three years not seeing one another, due to there different worlds. It was a bit of a tease, and I would of like more of a plot. But the ending did somewhat satisfy me. So yes I would recommend this as a short story!
Auhmanduh
an incredibly short read. less than 100 pages.

after being gone for 2 yrs Addison arrives home for her best friends wedding and falls into the arms of Chase, the ex-con whom she has been obsessing over since her father first hired him 5yrs ago.

this book gets 3 stars because the story line has potential but it wasn't long enough for me to really get into it.
J.L.
This is a short story. Very quick easy read. Some smoke and maybe even some steam. Addision loves Chase. Chase loves Addison - but Chase and Addison both have back stories that keep them apart. But as in all good love stories, things comes to light and cupid strikes again.

I read this on my ereader. It is for sale for $0.99 on Kobo and Kindle.
Theresa
A short story that manages to get all the details in to make you wonder and want another story. The story of the main characters is paired with side notes about the people they encounter that make you want to learn more about everyone in the story. This story reads quickly and moves so fast you don't want to put it down.
Soph Maher
I liked this book as it wasn't over powered by sex scenes, but there was just enough to make an exotic book exotic. I liked how Addison came back and was still as madly in love as she was when she ran away from her love Chase. I wish this book was a little bit longer as I couldn't get enough of it in one nights read :)
Shanny
I love a good second chance romance. The only complaint I have is the length. I felt the story needed more emotional turbulence, that could only be achieved by added length. Also, book length was estimated at 47 pages, but it was 33...not a big deal, just not what I was expecting.
Joycee
Pretty good read ... no extraneous secondary plotlines, and the intimate scenes were just right in terms of steaminess.

But I must admit, I enjoyed the included sample of "Text Appeal" (same author) more - makes me seriously consider actually BUYING the full e-book. :)
Patty
Just One Night is another great sexy story which explodes the sexual attraction and tension between educated, young, sexy and well to do Addison Duval and Chase Montgomery who is much older, blue-collar worker who is employed by Mr. Duval. Another great and fast read.
Sónia Tigol
"Just One Night" is a well written story alternating between the two main characters perspectives. Great book. I liked the fluid conversations between the characters. A short story that manages to get all the details in to make you wonder and beg for more. I love it!!!
Anna Coy
How could you not love a story with a hot ex felon and a daddy's girl?!?! This story is hot! After two years, Chase finally takes Addison up on her offer. The question is does Addison run again or does it work out for the couple that is HOT for each other!
Jessica M.
Simply enjoyed it like a soap opera. I liked how Addison became a strong character instead of being submissive or desperate and Chase was the one that showed a healthy dose of desperation. It was a quick and enjoyable read.
Bookbaby
If you like contemporary erotic romance, a hero with a heart and a very hot body, then this is the book for you.

The heroine's secret crush, bad boy Chase turned her down when she threw herself at him as a teenager because he worked for her Dad and didn't want to lose his job. When she comes back home as an adult, they work out that the things that prevented them getting together no longer apply, unfortunately she has to leave in the morning, so for just one night....

The book well written and pa...more
Anne Conley
I loved the tension between the characters. Started because I was needing to get my mind off my house, finished because I was hooked. Great book. Will definitely read more of this author.
Tia
Well now, Emily sure caused some drama because she was obviously a jealous bitch. While I didn't get enough background information on the couple in question, I did enjoy reading the story.
Kristy
My first novella. I really liked this story!! But as I knew I would... Wished it was longer. I bit more drawn out. And a little less abrupt ending. Super sweet story and great chemistry.
  • Tempt Me
  • Chase (Power Players, #1)
  • Lexie's First Time (Borrowed Billionaire 0.5; Billionaire Novelist 0.5)
  • Rescued by the Rancher
  • Proposals (The Billionaire's Contract, #1)
  • Riding with the Cop: An Erotic Sex Story Of Sexual Submission (The Pleasure Of His Punishment, #3)
  • Always
  • Cornered
  • Seducing Sophie (At the Billionaire's Command, #1)
  • My First, My Last
  • Teasing Trent (The Alexanders, #0.5)
  • Text Me (Text Me, #1)
  • Conquering Zeus (SEALs On Fire, #7)
  • Through The Wall (An Apple Trail Novella, 1)
  • Broken Souls (Broken, #3)
  • His Every Whim  (His Every Whim, #1)
  • Private Paradise (Private, #2)
  • The cop and the girl from the coffee shop (Coffee Shop Girls, #1)
Unbreak Me (New Hope, #1) Wish I May (New Hope, #2) Text Appeal Just the Way You Are (Decadence Creek, #2) Stolen Wishes (New Hope, #1.5)