Start by marking “Ielle: A Realm of Janos Novel” as Want to Read:
Ielle: A Realm of Janos Novel

Ielle: A Realm of Janos Novel

3.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  31 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
The first book in the Realm of Janos series--

Ielle has trained for years for this moment; now it is before her. Kyr, Hausa of Janos, one of the most powerful men on her world, is to be her mate. They must learn to build their life together while ferreting out the assassin that lives in their midst. No one is safe from attack -- or suspicion. An erotic otherworldly tale of
Published January 1st 2012 by RoJ Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Ielle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ielle

Violet Lavalle
May 11, 2012 Violet Lavalle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
This book was so much like Gor except that the plot was so thin it really wasn't there. Every sex scene was like they had never had sex before and something new was a new position. I scanned through the end because I just couldn't take anymore. It had very unsexual language at times, he sawed into her.. and many others that I found myself cringing at. There was very little BDSM in this book, she was tied a few times and they had wooden nipple clamps. I got a little tired of reading how much she ...more
Vivian
Jan 12, 2012 Vivian rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-fantasy, own
Well written tale of a devoted property to her owner in a society that treats all females as such. The story is good and the interactions are sensual between Ielle and Kyr. The conflict is well done, though not terribly difficult to figure out. Makes you want to smack the "superior" men upside the head for being as stupid as they are, but then again in this society doesn't make any difference.

Therefore the rating reflects my bias in this situation where I'd prefer to die, preferably in infancy i
Albert
Nov 22, 2014 Albert rated it it was ok
Title - Ielle: A Realm of Janos Novel

Author - Andre San Thomas

Summary -

Prepared for years, Ielle becomes the property of the Kyr, the Hausa of Janos. Kyr is one of the most powerful men in their world and he has chosen her for his owned property. Ielle will become the woman of his home, a position that holds some respect but she is still only property. Her body and mind belonging to Kyr to use as he wishes. For himself or anyone he choses to give her to.

In Janos, there is a conspiracy afoot and
Rhiannon Overby
Nov 15, 2014 Rhiannon Overby rated it liked it
This book takes BDSM into a whole new light. Ielle is the first book in this series and is built upon a world where masters and property is a way of living, and extends from the gods that they believe in. While this book is about a master and his property, it's also about love and passion for one another. This book has a fair amount of erotic scenes and the heroine of the story spends all of her time naked and at times performs sexual acts in public. The sex is entertaining without getting borin ...more
Robin
Jan 18, 2013 Robin rated it liked it
I stopped reading after chapter 3 because it was all sex scenes and no plot and I got bored.
Kara
Aug 07, 2012 Kara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have never read a Gor novel, but I've seen enough Gorean play to recognize it. Meh.
Sassafrass
This was very good. I got intrigued by this series after reading Inside The Realm of Janos TV Series Fantasy. I was surprised to find that if I hadn't read the insider book, I would have never known that this was supposed to be a TV series. The book more a 24-hour TPE book with the woman being property than a BDSM romance. But, this wasn't off-putting because the woman wanted to be in service that way. I think it's harder for me to tackle the forced/non-con scenarios.

But, I digress. I did really
Robert Thomas
Jul 06, 2012 Robert Thomas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would preface this review as saying I have never read from the erotica genre before and I did not know what to expect. I thought my impression would be a flat story simply filled with sexual encounters. Much to my surprise I encountered a fully written, well thought-out story with nearly flawless prose. Andre SanThomas' descriptions throughout are a testament to her talents as an author. She has placed in the reader's hands a polished example of what erotica should be. I would think those who ...more
Tofu Fairy
Sep 21, 2012 Tofu Fairy rated it really liked it
I won this via a giveaway right here on Goodreads and I loved it! The BDSM was pretty soft but hard enough for me. Anyone really hardcore into the scene may not enjoy it as much or find it lacking, but it was perfect for my tastes. I enjoyed the premise of the story as well as the mild sci-fi nature of the location. The sex scenes were very good and the plot was decent. It is definitely erotica and not just fiction. There is more sex than plot, but that was expected by me. I would recommend to a ...more
Tammy
Nov 20, 2014 Tammy rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully sexy sci-fi that had me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. The story and the sex scenes flow well together and I enjoyed escaping into this fantasy world.
Jessa Callaver
Feb 15, 2012 Jessa Callaver rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An easy 4-star review, Ielle was a pleasure to read. Though admittedly the nature of the realm that San Thomas creates had me cringing at times, the language alone will keep you reading and hungry for more. The wonderfully soft, sensual supple style of the writing draws you in, thoroughly immersing you in this world and compelling your empathy with both 'property' and 'proprietor' alike. The story moved at a good pace, the dialogue befit its professors, and the descriptions are vivid and captiva ...more
Kimberly Comeau
I'm surprised that I liked this book as much as I did. I read it because of the number of reviews that praised the beauty of the writing and because the book was free, even though I don't care for BDSM. I still don't care for BDSM, but my largest complaint with the story was knowing who the "bad guy" was long before any of the characters reached that realization.

Andre SanThomas does have an engaging writing style, but I doubt I'll read another of her books in this genre.
The TBR Pile *Book review site*

If you’re not into submissive women, I don’t recommend this. If you have an open mind, read this! I was impressed as the story drew me in. The submissive Ielle was sexy and a dom's fantasy. I enjoyed her relationship with Kyr. The characters were skillfully written and the world described well. This is the first in a series and I am excited to read the next book.
Pantslady
Sep 15, 2012 Pantslady rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie
I really love this novel. The characters are believable, there is suspense and interpersonal problems without drama, and mysteries are kept secret just long enough. Andre's writing is beautiful, and the descriptions of everything in her Realm match that. The sex is incredibly sexy, and her prose does not get repetitive or tiresome. I highly recommend this (and often do), especially to fans of Fsub works.
Steelwhisper
More like 1.5*

Very meh tale of something one might call "Gor light".

SPaG fair, but very unerotic, cliched prose and activities. If I ever have to read again of "pebbling nipples", "glazed slits smelling of flowers" and "clenching cores" it will be too soon.

Much more could have been done with that premise.
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!
I started out enjoying this story but then somewhere along the way it went sideways for me. I realize it's a fantasy story but I had a hard time getting past the treatment of the women. This wasn't a choice for them, they were forced into this life. I was just bothered by the treatment of the women.
Jen
May 23, 2012 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first slave erotica story. It wasn't as dark as I expected it to be. Definitely had some tear jerker moments and I found myself connecting with this character that I am nothing like so that says a lot.
Matt D
Matt D marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Shoshana Warnes
Shoshana Warnes marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Humaira Yusuf
Humaira Yusuf marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Sakineh
Sakineh marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2015
Kasonth Kai
Kasonth Kai marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Kaljanea Wilson
Kaljanea Wilson rated it it was ok
Jun 27, 2015
Lita
Lita marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Lexi
Lexi marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Erotic SciFi ...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Free download- Feb 10th M/f BDSM romance 1 26 Feb 06, 2012 07:59PM
The Erotic SciFi ...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Free download Sunday, January 8th 4 30 Jan 08, 2012 10:32PM