Start by marking “Splintered Door” as Want to Read:
Splintered Door

Splintered Door

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating Details ·  5 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
The un-a-Musing, anti-inspirational, tangled, twisted and possibly tragic regurgitation of a recovering mind.

One author's battle against block, involving murderous moths, a fatal and heartfelt plague, one of those transfer tattoos you used to be able to buy down the Post Office, and a kid who fell into a quarry.

This debut collection of short stories by Marion Grace Woolley
ebook
Published June 23rd 2012 by Marion Grace Woolley (first published June 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Splintered Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Splintered Door

Darcia Helle
This eclectic collection took me on a twisted journey of sweetness and heartbreak, through worlds that were both beautiful and bizarre. I was captivated.

The best writers don't need to flaunt their abilities; they step out of the way and let the characters lead. And Woolley does exactly that.
Jennifer Varnadore
Mar 19, 2013 Jennifer Varnadore rated it it was amazing
This book was destined to seep into my soul through my windowed eyes this morning, and I'll tell you how I know. I have been feeling murdered by my own muse this morning, and for the past week...and I posted the quote, "Muses had a way of killing those whom they inspired." on facebook this morning. Within the hour I stared at the first line in the book, which preceded the acknowledgments. "To My Murderous Muse, I Win."

And for that alone, I was hooked to read this.

Now onto the stories. I felt the
Donald Armfield
Open the "Splintered Door" and find the mind of Marion Grace Woolley. Fantasy worlds and bizarre stories.

The Butterfly's Predator
A twenty five year old watches over his sister as she looks out to the woods dazed. He takes his eyes of her and she is gone. A tale combined with butterflies and death in an unfortunate way.

The Fairy of the Birch
The capture of a fairy to bring joy. Warned of their ways the little girl gets one in a jar trapped. She tricked them until the next morning the discovery
Fireblazebw
Fireblazebw rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2015
Peter
Peter rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2015
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2012
Christina M Condy
Christina M Condy marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2013
Diana Fong
Diana Fong marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2013
Libboo
Libboo added it
Apr 16, 2013
Adrienne
Adrienne marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Marion Grace Woolley studied at the British Record Industry Trust (BRIT) School of Performing Arts, Croydon. After obtaining an MA in Language & Communication Research from the University of Cardiff, she declared that she'd had enough of academia and decided to run away to Africa.

Balancing her creative impulses with a career in International Development, she worked and travelled across Africa
More about Marion Grace Woolley...