Start by marking “Fragments Of Grace (Dragonblade Trilogy, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Fragments Of Grace (Dragonblade Trilogy, #0.5)

Fragments Of Grace (Dragonblade #0.5)

4.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  225 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
1291 A.D.

Keir St. Hever is a powerful garrison commander for Lord Coverdale on the border of the Cumbrian vales. Whilst attending battle, he receives word that his own castle is under attack. Keir returns to Pendragon Castle to discover that his wife and daughter have been murdered, and his young son is missing. So begins Keir’s descent into hell and despair.

Three years la
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 352 pages
Published August 1st 2012 by Dragonblade Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fragments Of Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fragments Of Grace

Nicole
Aug 05, 2012 Nicole rated it really liked it
Sometimes romantic, sometimes terribly sad, sometimes I wanted to strangle Chloe, sometimes I wanted to hug Keir, and the end... Uh the ending epilogue is so disappointingly bittersweet. I just want to rewrite it myself so I can go about my day with my head in the clouds not waiting for 'heaven'.
Jayne dArcy
Dec 28, 2014 Jayne dArcy rated it it was amazing
I almost did not read this story because several reviewers cited that the ending was not a happy one. The ending was what was desired but since there was a touch of the bitter-sweet to it the ending had a more realistic touch to it that is often not addressed by some romance authors.

One of the reasons I truly enjoy Ms. Le Veque's books is that they take place in Medieval times; an era that she romanticises just enough for a good romance but then there is enough grit to let the reader know that t
Liloshadow (ReNee)
Heartbreakingly tender and sweet...

This is a amazing story of a lost grieving knight and the lady that brings him back to life. The hero Keir is a remarkable man. He is the kind of knight all women dream of; handsome, caring, courageous, and compassionate. The devotion he shows to the heroine is awe inspiring. The heroine is also are very like able character. Except she does cry a awful lot. lol You cant kelp but fall in love with the other minor characters as well. At first I wasn't sure I woul
Sandra R
Feb 18, 2016 Sandra R rated it really liked it
What I liked :- 5 stars for a very interesting medieval story - full of handsome Knights and beautiful Damsels in Distress. Lots of gore and swordplay. Nice romance thrown in for good measure. Amusing moments, sad moments and dramatic moments. This author has a massive imagination and the story kept unfolding in ways I didn't expect. It was also told from multiple points of view - rather like watching a movie and seeing everything from the whole perspective. It took a little time for me to get u ...more
Barbara
Mar 11, 2015 Barbara rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those who love medeival historical romance
I loved this book! It covers emotional extremes--the deepest despair to extreme giddiness. That being said, I did feel the hero shed a few more tears than I picture a hardened knight shedding and the heroine was determined to play the martyr without regard to the consequences of those she loved. I especially loved the scene where even though the hero is wounded and has a sprained foot, he is able to put on his knight's armor and lead his armies into fierce battle. This to me, showed the strength ...more
Jayne Castel
Feb 09, 2016 Jayne Castel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: medieval-romance
Fragments Of Grace is a really exciting read - from start to finish. It tells the story of Keir, a knight with a tragic past, and Chloe, the daughter of a wealthy landowner. Chloe's enthusiasm, passion and openness help Keir heal the wounds of the past and he slowly opens up to the possibility of loving again. However, the path of true love does not run smooth, and Keir and Chloe have huge obstacles to face before they can truly be together.

What I liked about the novel:

- I really enjoy bitter-sw
Elizabeth Bennet
Noreen Kellner
I'm giving this 2 stars because the story line itself was a good one. The typos were horrendous and totally ruined any chance of actually getting involved in the book. Some of the adjectives used were awful. "Then he plopped is taut buttocks on the table," also note that the h was left off of "his". "Breeding the look of contempt", huh? "Chloe skipped along next to Keir, feeling some apprehension." Skipping is not something anyone does while being apprehensive. I did laugh out loud at this line. ...more
Anna
Aug 05, 2014 Anna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Fortunately, this edition of the book has a happier ending than the previous edition, from what I have read from the reviews, which I appreciate. More editing was needed, as I saw quite a few errors, and I usually never pay much attention to these details. As mentioned from other reviews, there was a little too much crying from the H/h, but overall it was a good read.
Filigree Star
Jan 29, 2015 Filigree Star rated it really liked it
Though this is the prequel for the DragonBlade trilogy, I am glad I read the trilogy before this book. While this book is written along the same lines as the trilogy, I felt there was not the same amount of passion written in these pages as there were in the trilogy. Perhaps I like how all the trilogy books linked together all the characters and this prequel only had one mention of a character from the upcoming trilogy books. Tate is a small boy in this book where as he is an adult in the trilog ...more
Nicole Laverdure
Apr 19, 2015 Nicole Laverdure rated it it was amazing
Powerful emotions 6 stars
Fans of Kathryn Le Veque, will treasure this story FRAGMENTS OF GRACE! I love when I read a love story that makes me feel some high emotions, laugh, cry! This one had everything to please me, sadness, hope, forgiveness and passion. Another amazing medieval romance to add to your reading repertoire! It’s about Keir St. Hever, who, while attending a battle, hears the devastating news that his family has been murdered. He will never accept this tragedy and continue his path
Tracey Brown
4.5 Stars

This was almost perfect I loved the characters so much,I have read very mixed reviews of this one but personally I really loved it. Kier was just the right mix of sensitive strong powerful Knight, Chloe did have a couple of annoying moments and her farther definitely got on my nerves. The other side characters especially Summer I really loved . I read this one after dragonblade so out of order but I will definitely be reading the next one .
Dennis Hinton
Mar 23, 2016 Dennis Hinton rated it it was amazing
A Talented, Extraordinary Author!

This book contains an amazingly complex , compelling and compassionate tale that had me mesmerized. Once I began reading I could not relinquish it until I had read cover to cover. This is the third book I have read by Ms. Kathryn and I am moving her immediately into my choice of top authors. I anticipate many happy hours spent in her company along with her and her thrilling and imaginative worlds!
Linda
Nov 13, 2015 Linda rated it it was amazing
Heart wrenching and sad to the bitter end

There really isn't anything I can say that isn't told in the foreword. But truly a gut wrenching story of loss and bitter grief for a man that takes a chance to allow himself to love again no matter the risks. I have yet to be disappointed by this author. I will read anything she writes. Indeed.
rebecca
May 15, 2015 rebecca rated it it was amazing
Great book

The person that wrote the spoil alert was wrong with this book, I almost didn't read it. I read the others first. I am glad I read this one it tells you where there others knights come from who there fathers where. The person was thinking of island of glass. Must read.
Frances Stone
Nov 15, 2015 Frances Stone rated it it was amazing
Again a different story.

The play of men as rivals. Overcoming tragedy. The randomness of life throwing curves. Good read as always from this author. A page turner as always promised.
Donna
Apr 23, 2014 Donna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: medieval-romance
This was intense! And had elements to it that I have yet to read in another of Kathryn Le Veques books! It is a fantastic start to this series and I can't wait to start reading the rest of the books!!!
Amber slater
Nov 10, 2015 Amber slater rated it it was amazing
Heart felt story

A man tormented by the loss of his family finds love in unexpected places... join the two through trials and hat ache as they find peace together.
Annette K Hernandez
Feb 22, 2016 Annette K Hernandez rated it really liked it
Good reading

I enjoyed this story. Chloe, however, passed me off on more than one occasion. Sometimes the heroine does really stupid things.
Robin R
Nov 29, 2015 Robin R rated it really liked it
Entertaining with mystery too.
Carolyn
Jun 14, 2014 Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: leveque-kathryn
Powerful.
Kat Valencia-Benitez
Aug 04, 2013 Kat Valencia-Benitez rated it it was amazing
Romantic,sad, spooky... All in all, a beautiful novel as expected of kathryn le veque.
Martha
May 29, 2015 Martha rated it liked it
Almost 4 stars....
Art Marta Jr.
Art Marta Jr. rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2016
AmyS Schmid
AmyS Schmid is currently reading it
May 02, 2016
Missy Graf
Missy Graf marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Lise Worthington
Lise Worthington rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Elisabeth Svedberg
Elisabeth Svedberg rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Patricia Guy
Patricia Guy marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
  • Demon Laird (Legacy of the Mist Clans, #2)
  • Master of Torment (Blood Sword Legacy, #2)
  • The Warrior's Maiden
  • Highland Treasure (Sisters by Choice 0.5)
  • Reclaimed: A Highland Historical Trilogy (Highland Historical, #4-6) (The MacKays, #1-3)
  • Defiant Passion
  • The Earl's Masquerade (Archer Family #3)
  • The Beginning (McKinnon Legends, #1 )
  • A Bed of Spices
  • Rowan's Lady (Clan Graham, #1)
  • The Bard's Daughter (Gareth and Gwen Medieval Mysteries, #0.5)
  • Dream of Me/Believe in Me (Viking & Saxon, #1 & #2)
  • Baron of Emberly (The Feud, #2)
  • Saving Alessandra
  • The Crimson Castle
  • The Bold Heart (Highland Heather and Hearts Scottish Romance #4)
  • Unbidden (Evolution, #1)
  • Celtic Skies (Celtic Steel, #3)
Kathryn Le Veque is one of Amazon's top selling Historical Romance authors, consistently ranked in the top 100 for Historical novels. She has a dominant presence in the Medieval Romance category with 17 novels on Amazon's Top 100 Medieval Romance rankings. Overall, she has 40 novels published on Amazon for Kindle and several offered in paperback.

Kathryn has been featured regularly on Kindle Nation
More about Kathryn Le Veque...

Dragonblade (6 books)
  • Dragonblade (Dragonblade Trilogy, #1)
  • Island Of Glass (Dragonblade Trilogy, #2)
  • The Fallen One (Dragonblade Trilogy, #2.5)
  • The Savage Curtain (Dragonblade Trilogy, #3)
  • Queen of Lost Stars: Dragonblade/House of St. Hever