Lethal Legacy (Guardians of Justice, #3)

Lethal Legacy (Guardians of Justice #3)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  1,230 ratings  ·  107 reviews
A determined daughter . . .
A skeptical detective . . .
A deadly secret . . .

The police say her father's death was suicide. Kelly Warren says it was murder—and she has new evidence to prove it. Detective Cole Taylor doesn't put much credence in her claim, and nothing in his case review suggests foul play. But when he digs deeper (delete dash) and discovers startling informat...more
Published 2012 by Revell

To ask other readers questions about Lethal Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lethal Legacy

Kame
5 Stars! I ADORED this book - and series!

I am so sorry my time with the Taylor siblings has come to an end. Each of these books rated 5 stars with me. This last book, Lethal Legacy is about the middle Taylor sibling, Cole. Cole has been a present in each of his siblings’ stories and in this book we will finally see him find the woman he is meant to spend the rest of his life with and find out why he lost his faith.

Kelly’s father committed suicide; well that is at least what the police department...more
Susan
I really enjoyed this book and plan to go back and read the others in this series. I'm amazed at how much attention to detail the authors I read these days provide. I certainly appreciate the research. I really enjoy the romance and mystery in this book. Blessings.
Irene Hannon is amazing. She is quickly becoming my favorite Christian Romantic Suspense author, and the latest book about the Taylor siblings only adds to the reasons why.

When Kelly's father commits suicide, she can't believe it, especially when she receives a birthday gift he bought for her the day before he died. Determined to make the police open up the case, she finds Cole and begs him to look into it. All evidence points to a suicide until Kelly is attacked. Now the two have to work togeth...more
Melanie
To be posted on my blog 8/9: http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...
My review on Amazon - if it is helpful, please click "Yes" on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2XFF82N...

Lethal Legacy, the third and last book in Irene Hannon's Guardian of Justice series, is probably my least favorite in the series. While I did really enjoy it, I loved the first two.

I loved the characters and found the story interesting, it is just that, at times, I found the suspense lacking (probably because the killer...more
Taylor Michaels
The story starts with a bang, quite literally! A blonde woman is murdered with a rifle shot from a sniper. The killer believes that he has killed federal judge Liz Michaels and is dismayed to discover that he accidentally killed her sister.

U.S. Marshal Jake Taylor has been assigned to protect federal judge Liz Michaels. This is an assignment Jake would prefer to not take as Liz is the widow of his best friend from college. Prior to his death, Jake’s college buddy has described Liz of her as a c...more
Elizabeth Olmedo
In Lethal Legacy, Irene Hannon delivers a story filled with suspense and romance that will grasp the reader’s attention. The characters are fun and interesting and the banter between the Taylor family members is quite entertaining. While the reader knows the killer’s identity fairly early on, it doesn’t detract from the tension that builds throughout the story. Especially toward the end, a gripping and climactic event (which I wouldn’t want to ruin for you!) kept me at the edge of my seat as I a...more
Hannah
This book was quite hard to get into. At the start we are introduced to Cole (detective)and Kelly(artist in mourning)who seem to fall in love at first sight.
"At five-seven, she considered herself on the tall side. But she had to look up several inches to meet the man's intense cobalt eyes - their hue an exact match for his tie. She felt like she was drowning in blue".
The intense feelings they have for each other from the first meeting just seem a little exaggerated. In saying that don't immedia...more
Gregory Bellarmine
Great suspense writer at the top of her game. I appreciated the slow build-up, for perhaps the first half of the book, the way Hannon takes the time for the MC's to get to know each other and for a plausible romance to blossom.

Then the suspense kicks in and it's a breathless ride to the blistering conclusion.

This would be a 5 except that there's a lot of tell vs show when the dialogue could be left to stand in its own merit without the content being described in the sentence previous or when cha...more
Renee
Who would have thought that a Christian suspense novel could have elements of The Godfather movies, Castle TV series, and a James Patterson book all while exploring faith and spiritual relationships? I think that Irene Hannon is the only author with the talent to pull it off. Lethal Legacy, the final book in the Guardians of Justice trilogy brings so much stuff that I love about great fiction (TV too!) and puts them all together to make a story that was very difficult for me to put down.

From the...more
Crystal
Irene Hannon has scored another winner in the Guardians of Justice series with Lethal Legacy. But don't let the fact that this book is number three in this series scare you away from reading it if you haven't read any of the other books. It makes a great stand-alone with mentions of characters and their happily ever afters from the previous books, but no real spoilers to keep you from going back and reading them. Lethal Legacy can easily stand on it's own, but it is a part of a great romantic su...more
Katie
First posted on my blog, Legacy of a Writer.

Irene Hannon brings her Guardians of Justice series to a romantic and suspenseful ending with Lethal Legacy. Each one of the books in the series has been awesome—though, personally, Deadly Pursuit tops them all for me! All of the books I’ve read by Hannon have an intense, pulse-pounding and thrilling adventure that is sure to make stay awake late into the night!

From the previous books featuring Jake and Allison, I’d already gotten to know their brother...more
Cindy
Kelly Warren knows that her father did not commit suicide and now she believes she has proof. On her birthday, five months after her father's death, she receives a gift he bought the day before his death. Tulip bulbs, with a note telling her he looks forward to planting them with her. Would a man who was planning on killing himself, look forward to the future, it concreted her belief that he did not die at his own hands. Convincing the police is another story, but she has to try.

Cole Taylor, ha...more
Dawn
Kelly Warren doesn't believe that her father committed suicide. Things just don't add up. Cole Taylor is the detective assigned to hearing her concerns while the detective who investigated her father's death is on vacation. Yet when more discrepancies start to appear and Kelly's life is in danger, Cole's radar goes off. There's something to what she's saying. Yes he's not supposed to cross the personal/professional line. But he finds himself falling for her as much as she finds herself falling f...more
TAMMY CUEVAS
Kelly Warren lost her father five months ago. Although evidence points to suicide, and the police believe that to be the case, Kelly refuses to accept that. She is steadfast in her belief that her father was murdered, but with no apparent motive, the case has stalled. When she finds a small piece of evidence, there is enough doubt raised in the mind of Detective Cole Taylor to reopen the case. As they get closer to the answer, they also draw closer to one another. Will they be able to find the a...more
Marji Laine
It wasn’t that big a deal. Just a mug of white chocolate mocha at her new favorite coffee shop, The Perfect Blend. So how did she end up in the emergency room?

Lethal Legacy by Irene Hannon tells the suspenseful story of Kelly Warren and her pursuit of truth and justice for her late-father’s honor.

I confess, I felt it started out a little slow. A prologue about the vengeance of a released convict and a couple of chapters of set-up revealed the true plot, the mystery side of it at least, but gave...more
Kate
Kelly Warren's fathers death is being deemed a suicide but she isn't buying that. She chooses willingly to be involved on the sidelines in the investigation
Cole Taylor is one of the detectives involved in solving Kelly's fathers death. He wants to believe that it was a suicide but he has strong convictions.
Alan Carlson looks back to the last few years. Enslaved to a issue he cannot withdraw from, recalls bitter memories as he dulls his mind with liquid poison.
Mark Rossi is content with his life...more
Linda
Kelly Warren’s father, John Warren, died five months ago, and it was ruled a suicide by sleeping pills and alcohol overdose. Kelly was never able to accept that ruling. What she received in the mail was the proof that she was right. She wanted to approach Detective Alan Carlson with her new evidence, but he was on vacation.

Detective Cole Taylor was thus assigned to Carlson’s case. He’s attracted to Kelly’s wavy, russet-colored hair, emerald green eyes …, but gets caught looking at her when she q...more
Victor Gentile
Irene Hannon in her new book “Lethal Legacy” Book Three in the Guardians Of Justice series published by Revell Books focuses on Detective Cole Taylor and Kelly Warren.
From the Back Cover: A determined daughter . . .A skeptical detective . . .A deadly secret . . .

The police say her father’s death was suicide. Kelly Warren says it was murder–and she has new evidence to prove it. Detective Cole Taylor doesn’t put much credence in her claim, and nothing in his case review suggests foul play. But whe...more
Title: LETHAL LEGACY
Author: Irene Hannon
Publisher: Revell
August 2012
ISBN: 978-0800734589
Genre: Inspirational/romantic suspense

Kelly Warren’s father’s body was found in the garage, an apparent suicide by drugs, alcohol, and gassing. But Kelly doesn’t accept the police findings as facts. She knows her father, and even though he was diagnosed with lung cancer, he would have fought for life. Her beliefs seem founded when she gets an order of bulbs in the mail, ordered by her father the day before h...more
Tamara
LETHAL LEGACY, the third installment in the Guardians of Justice series did not disappoint.

Kelly Warren is in search of the truth regarding the unexpected death of her father. Though his death was labeled a suicide, she knows her father would’ve never taken his own life. When Detective Cole Taylor gets involved in her case, he finds peculiarities and new evidence that might just point to murder. Kelly appreciates Cole’s tenacity, but also finds herself interested in Cole on a more personal level...more
Kaylea
Kelly Warren is a determined woman.

She knows, deep in her heart, that her father did not commit suicide.She just has to prove it to the authorities.

Taking new evidence in hand, Warren lands in front of Detective Cole Taylor's workload. While he is skeptical at first, further inquiries and some revealing evidence about Warren's past unpack evidence that is surprising and unexpected.

In a style I thoroughly enjoy, Irene Hannon has once again "hit it out of the ball park" with her newest mystery/sus...more
Trinity Rose
Another fantastic book by Irene Hannon. I love this series-Guardians of Justice and this is book 3 the final. Each of these books talks about one family, two sons and one daughter and how they all are in the Justice system.
This book Lethal Legacy is about the youngest son Cole and how he meets Kelly and they together solve the mystery surrounding her father’s death. The police believe it is suicide, but Kelly doesn’t believe it.
Lethal Legacy has so many different twists and turns it will keep...more
Meagan Myhren-bennett
Lethal Legacy
Guardians of Justice Book 3
by Irene Hannon

Kelly Warren is not convinced that her father committed suicide as the police determined. But she has no proof. Lack of a suicide note isn't a reasonable doubt for Detective Alan Carlson. But when Kelly receives a birthday present from her father she believes she has proof that her did not kill himself 6 months ago.

With Detective Carlson on vacation, Kelly brings her evidence to Detective Cole Taylor. Kelly's evidence is not enough to re-ope...more
Wendy
Cole Taylor is first introduced in Fatal Judgment by Irene Hannon which is the story of his brother, Jake. It was the first book in the Guardians of Justice series and filled with suspense and romance. Deadly Pursuit is the second book in the series which shares his sister, Alison's story. Lethal Legacy is the third and final book in the series.

There are so many things that I loved about this story.

The close relationship that Cole shares with his brother and sister is a wonderful part of it. I...more
Kel Pollard
I recieved my copy of Lethal Legacy from the Goodreads Giveaway.

The stars of this story are Kelly Warren and Cole Taylor. Kelly has recently lost her father, John, to what the police have deemed a suicide, but she isnt buying their conclusion. Kelly knew her father very well, and she knew that a suicide would be very uncharasteric of him, despite his being diagnosed with cancer. So in her efforts to get the police to reopen his case she meets Detective Cole Taylor, whom she feels a connection wi...more
Amy Lignor
If you’re looking for a keeper, this is it! Being the third installment in this author’s ‘Guardians of Justice’ series, fans will note that each novel seems to be better than the last. The stories surround the Taylor family: Cole, the former military man who is now a Detective in St. Louis; his brother Jake, who has recently married and is a U.S. Marshall; and their sister Alison, who is now engaged to a policeman who works very closely with Cole.

As the story begins, reader’s are offered a glimp...more
Vera Godley
About the book:

A determined daughter . . . .
A skeptical detective . . . .
A deadly secret . . .

The police say her father's death was suicide. Kelly Warren says it was murder--and she has new evidence to prove it. Detective Cole Taylor doesn't put much credence in her claim, and nothing in the case history review suggests foul play. But when he digs deeper and discovers startling information linking her to a long-buried secret, the danger escalates. Is history repeating itself? And who wants...more
Christina Banks
The more books I read by Irene Hannon, the bigger of a fan I become. Hannon writes romantic suspense at its best. Lethal Legacy is the third book in the Guardians of Justice series. One thing I like about this story is the way that Hannon makes it clear that bad things could happen to anyone. Kelly is just an average girl with nothing amazing or outstanding about her. She is not rich or famous, and she is alone in the world after the death of her father. Hannon takes this normal girl and puts he...more
Iola
I found the first two books in this series (Deadly Pursuit and Fatal Judgement) disappointing, as the plots closely resembled those of the first two books in her previous Heroes of Quantico series (it kind if spoils the suspense when an author uses the exact same scenario to locate the kidnap victim in two books). Having said that, friends who have also read both series didn't notice the similarities and loved them all.

Don't get me wrong: Irene Hannon can write excellent romantic suspense. But s...more
Rosie
I have long anticipated this suspense-packed, mystery, romance novel from Irene Hannon. I was able to fall in love all over again with the Taylor family and it saddens me that this is their last adventure I'll read about.

Cole Taylor is a single detective, who wants something more meaningful in his life, and has long since abandoned God. He is sick of flimsy dating-- and his sister poking into his personal life.

Kelly Warren is a single persistent woman who wants answers. The police ruled her fath...more
Christian Fiction...: ❀Abbi and Caitlyn❀ Lethal Legacy by Irene Hannon 21 5 Jan 08, 2013 10:11PM
  • When a Heart Stops (Deadly Reunions, #2)
  • Firethorn (Discarded Heroes #4)
  • Full Disclosure
  • Shattered (Alaskan Courage, #2)
  • Attracted to Fire
  • Trauma Plan (Grace Medical, #1)
  • Accused (Pacific Coast Justice, #1)
  • In the Shadow of Evil
  • Relentless Pursuit: A Novel (Secrets of Roux River Bayou, #3)
  • Not This Time (Crossroads Crisis Center, #3)
  • Poison: A Novel (Bloodline Trilogy, #2)
Irene Hannon, who writes both romance and romantic suspense, is the author of more than 40 novels. Her books have been honored with two coveted RITA Awards from Romance Writers of America (the “Oscar” of romantic fiction), a National Readers' Choice Award, a HOLT Medallion, a Daphne du Maurier Award, a Retailers Choice Award and two Reviewers' Choice Awards from RT Book Reviews magazine.

A former...more
More about Irene Hannon...
Against All Odds (Heroes of Quantico, #1) Fatal Judgment (Guardians of Justice, #1) In Harm's Way (Heroes of Quantico, #3) An Eye for an Eye (Heroes of Quantico, #2) Deadly Pursuit (Guardians of Justice, #2)