Start by marking “Dancing on Sunday Afternoons” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Dancing on Sunday Afte...

Linda Cardillo

Dancing on Sunday Afternoons

My love for you grows day by day and nothing can stop it, not even the anger and disapproval of your family...

Reading these words, written to her grandmother decades before, Cara Serafini finally learns the great secret, the triumph, of Giulia's life - the love she shared with her first husband, Paolo.

It's a love that began when Giulia left the Italian village of her birth

Published (first published February 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Dancing on Sunday Afternoons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dancing on Sunday Afternoons

Robert Cohen
Apr 06, 2014 Robert Cohen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At around chapter four of Dancing on Sunday Afternoons, I had an epiphany. This book would make gripping and enchanting movie. It is one of the most visually seductive novels I’ve read in a long time. Page after page, Cardillo creates evocative vignettes that play in the reader’s head as scenes on the big screen. Visually, it reminded me of nothing so much as the Godfather movies.

Once I had the epiphany, I kept turning pages and inside my head I was screaming “SCREENPLAY, SCREENPLAY”, but Cardil
Gerald McFarland
Jun 01, 2016 Gerald McFarland rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A delightful novel about love between two Italians: Giulia and Paolo. Their story alone would recommend the book, but the background description of Giulia's large family in rural Italy and how many of the family members immigrated to the United States early in the twentieth century makes it wonderful social history. If I were still teaching college-level U.S. history courses, I would definitely consider adopting the book for a class on post-Civil War immigration history. A very enjoyable read.
Laura G
Oct 12, 2013 Laura G rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My book club recently read this beautifully written love story. The author, Linda Cardillo, actually came to our book club and told us some "inside information" about the story. She was so fascinating to listen to! Linda read to us from her manuscript some passages from her upcoming book. I will definitely be on the lookout for that one.
Kris Mcconville
Feb 14, 2010 Kris Mcconville rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a really beautiful love story told by the grandmother. So few people ever have taken the opportunity to find out that much about an earlier generation's life. This was a very well written book and I would highly recommend it.
Paula Perrier
Feb 08, 2014 Paula Perrier rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not at all what I thought when this book was recommended. When I saw that it was published by Harlequin , I almost passed. Admittedly, I am not a fan of the typical romance. I like stories about people though, and relationships. This book delivers. And from a local author!
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
While I enjoyed the pace and writing of this story I didn't like the setting. This was my first time reading a bok by this author. I'll read more by her in the future.
Vickie
May 09, 2011 Vickie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a warm novel of true love and warm Italian family memories.
Mai
Mai rated it it was ok
Feb 01, 2010
Lynn
Lynn rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2016
Audree
Audree rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2014
Monica
Monica rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Diann
Diann rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2011
Lisa Gagnon
Lisa Gagnon rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2012
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2011
Lovelyn Teliaken
Lovelyn Teliaken rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2014
Jane
Jane rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2013
Giulia
Giulia rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Dee Austin
Dee Austin rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2015
Karen Gregory
Karen Gregory rated it it was ok
Aug 06, 2015
Janel
Janel rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2015
Deedee
Mar 07, 2011 Deedee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this story -- brought back warm memories of my Nonna Rosa!
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2012
Geri Krotow
Geri Krotow rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2012
Becky
Becky rated it it was ok
Dec 08, 2012
Niki
Niki rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2010
Viansa
Viansa rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2008
Ann Troy
Ann Troy rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2012
Kathryn A. Brown
Kathryn A. Brown rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2014
M.G. Braden
M.G. Braden rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2012
Linda Cardillo is the award-winning author of the critically acclaimed novels Dancing on Sunday Afternoons, Across the Table and The Boat House Café, as well as novellas and children’s fiction.

Linda’s 2014 novel, The Boat House Café, is the opening book in her First Light series. Book Two, The Uneven Road, will be available in early 2016. She is also at work on a trilogy set in 16th century Italy

More about Linda Cardillo...