Start by marking “Oxford Whispers (The Oxford Trilogy, # 1)” as Want to Read:
Oxford Whispers (The Oxford Trilogy, # 1)

Oxford Whispers (The Oxford Trilogy #1)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  193 ratings  ·  59 reviews
Madison LeBon is dead set against the dead.

Her fresh start at Oxford University is a brand new beginning. She finally has a chance to turn the page on her psychic powers and cumbersome voodoo heritage. Snakes, dolls, ghosts, and spirits: Farewell…

Not quite.

When the tragic lovers in a painting—the subject of her first history class—begin to haunt her, she must accept her g
Published August 30th 2012 by Carlux Publishing (first published August 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Oxford Whispers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oxford Whispers

Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
I signed up for this tour not knowing a single thing about Oxford Whispers other than its intriguing title and the lovely cover. Usually when I do this, I end up sorely disappointed, but fortunately, there are many things I enjoyed about Marion Croslydon’s debut.

Oxford Whispers focuses partly on Madison’s ability to see and communicate with ghosts as well as her family history and beliefs, and partly on her romance with the young future Earl Rupert Vance. The paranormal parts of this story were
Marion Croslydon
Nov 01, 2012 Marion Croslydon rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: older-ya
Great book... but I'm not completely objective ;-)
Ayanami Faerudo
Original post as part of the blog tour. View at Whatever You Can Still Betray.

Truth be told the line Fall in love for the first time...again gave me pause because it confused the hell out of me. How could you fall in love... for the first time... again? But I've always been fascinated with Louisiana and her mystical, voodoo heritage so after putting off reading this, as I warred with myself whether I'll write my term paper or read a book, I settled in for a Saturday afternoon sprawled on the flo
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Be sure to check out this and other reviews at http://Twinsietalk.blogspot.com or www.facebook.com/twinsietalk

I was given this book for an honest review for the blog tour we are on.

I was pretty excited to receive this book because I am a huge paranormal reader. I generally read just vampires but thought a ghost book would be a cool step outta my regular reading. I was really excited to give it a try. With all that said, I don't even know where to begin. This book was a bit of a challenge for me
Aria (The Whimsical Reader)
I totally adored this book.
It contained the right mix of everything.
It not only has mystery and suspense but it also just the right of romance in it.

Oxford Whispers is not what I have expected. It over-exceeded my expectations to tell you honestly. I learned from experience that not all fancy covers and intriguing goodreads summary would end up good when you read it. But this book, well it not only has a good cover and a good synopsis. After reading the book, you'll feel that you didn't waste yo
Avry15
Cover: I lalaLOVE the cover..:).. isn't it gorgeous?
From the blurb, it smells paranormal--and I love all things paranormal

(wonders if this is good)
description

I love this Robert pic..:D

find out my review soon..

Will post the review Jan 30 on my blog Bookshelf Confessions

UPDATED:

The cover's very gorgeous.. I love the girl, the art and the blue. It has an interesting title OXFORD WHISPERS plus the blurb speaks of paranormal and historical, what more can I ask for?!

The plot was well-thought of, interweaving
Helena Ison
This is only a part of my review... to see my full review please head over to my blog: http://icanonlybehele3.blogspot.com/2...

I loved everything about Oxford Whispers! I felt an instant connection to this book! It has a bit of something for everyone; a love story with a historic background interlaced with paranormal, voodoo, suspense, revenge, and art elements. I mean come on… what more could you want?! It also has a few steamy sexual scenes for added pleasure. =-P

Madison LeBon and Rupert Vanc
J.F. Penn
A painting of a wounded Cavalier is the inspiration for this book and the story weaves itself between 17th century England and modern day Oxford, where student Madison LeBon finds herself entwined in a lover's tragic tale. With supernatural abilities inherited from her voodoo family, Madison has to battle with the intrusions of the past into her Oxford world and her own passion for a new love.
I loved reading about Oxford and Croslydon skillfully intertwines the past and present. Fans of Deborah
Sophie Moss
This is a lovely debut by an author who has a deep appreciation for art and history. The setting of Oxford is beautiful and the mystery surrounding the painting is intriquing. I've never read a book about a story in a painting coming to life, and thought that was an really fun concept to explore in a novel. Looking forward to the next book in the series!
Corina
Oxford Whispers

I’m team Rupert all the way!

Yes, yes I know there aren’t really teams in this story, but Jackson does have a thing for Madison so technically you can route for him or Rupert I chose Rupert because of the redemption factor, but I’ll get back to that.

Oxford Whispers by Marion Croslydon is about a young woman named Madison who goes to Oxford to complete her education and winds up getting caught up in a mystery involving an old painting that she learned about in class. One thing you
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
First I have to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Marion Croslydon for allowing me to read and review her book. The story she has created using voodoo and history had me chomping at the bits while I was reading. I could not put it down I needed to see what happened next. Voodoo has always intrigued me but when using it with historical references it just totally blew my mind away. Let's face it who does not love a good history story with a little romance and suspense in it?

Madison Lebon is not like your or
Jen
I've never been a Big History fan - But after finishing off this book, I'm tempted to go pull out my genealogy papers and start off where my aunts have left off :)

Wow! Ok this book is not a typical PNR book - It has a really good mystery and thriller added in here. And I thought I had it all figured out, then BAM! I was wrong!

Great story! Madison is a Yale graduate, and is attending Oxford to continue her love for history. Her family is from New Orleans. But her family isn't normal. All the Fe
Reeka (BoundbyWords)
As seen on my blog:

It took me over a month to finish Oxford Whispers . At first, it was just a matter of having way too much on my plate, but once I actually found some time to devote to it, I realized that it just wasn't my cup of tea. I'll give you the now cliched line: I really, really wanted to love this book. Ghosts in a painting. Need I say more? *Sigh* Unfortunately, the excitement stops dead (ha!) at the synopsis.

Madison Lebon has been able to see the dead for as long as she can remember
Joy (joyous reads)
Southern beauty, Madison LeBon has always known that there's something different about her. But things amped to a whole new level of weirdness when she's haunted by a love tragedy depicted in a painting. Suddenly, her dreams are plagued by occurrence of the past, and visions during her waking hours. Not only that, she's also being stalked by ghosts who either wants something from her or wants her dead altogether. The only way she could silence the restless spirits is to dig through the history a ...more
Cindy
This and other reviews can be found on my blog @ http://bookaholicfaggots.blogspot.com

First, I want to thank Marion Croslydon very, very much for providing this book for me to read, because guess what? I love this book! I love all the history facts and how this whole creative, love story was created from just a painting!! ;) <333

The Characters/Plot:
So basically, there are 2 main characters, but 3 more important characters in this book. The teaser on the back talked about all 5 of them, but i
Annie
My Rating: 4 stars

My Thoughts:

As a huge fan of both historical British novels and movies, like the works of Jane Austen, and of the paranormal genre, I really enjoyed this book!

Madison is a Yale graduate studying at Oxford University. She is trying to escape her past that was filled with her crazy Louisianan family, voodoo, magic, and spirits. When she sees a painting at the university, the characters in it begin to haunt her. The story of the star-crossed lovers from the painting enters her e
Anna Adams
Very interesting read.

Madison LeBon tried to run away from her voodoo heritage and her life in Louisiana, but to no avail. Her heritage catches up with her in Oxford through a mysterious XIXth century painting by William Shakespeare Burton.The historical and artistic aspects of this novel were thorough, solid, and what I appreciated the most.

The story was an enjoyable read with many twists. The main character is likeable, but not very confident, which is perhaps why I preferred Pippa,even though
Bethany Farwell
4 hearts

I received a copy from the author Marion in exchange for an honest review. Even though it took me a little to get to reading this, I wasn't at all disappointed. Oxford Whispers is not exactly what I expected. This book has the perfect mix of everything. Mystery, Angst, Suspense, Romance, Paranormal, and straight up STEAMY moments! I was a little confused in the beginning chapters, but I quickly got over it and could not put this book down, despite my efforts and need of sleep.

Madison LeB
Andrea {Bookish}
I love when present day characters have to solve mysteries of the past. While the story of Peter, Sarah, and Robert wasn't a mystery, per se, our present day characters had to figure out what happened because there wasn't an exact record. The who-did-it was pretty obvious, to me anyway, but I liked uncovering then when and the why aspects.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the Madison and Rupert romance. I wanted them together, yes, but it was a subtle longing. More like a "oh good" than a "
Krystal
Oxford Whispers does a wonderful job of blending a two-part story-line into a compelling easy to follow novel. While one story-line focuses on Madison and her ability to see and communicate with the dead, the other focuses on her budding romance with Rupert Vance, a wealthy future Earl, both story-lines compliment each other, bringing the reader in and engaging them until the surprising ending.

I loved the constant changing of the times from the ghosts of Sarah, Peter and Robert, to present day S
Georgiana Derwent
As someone who studied at Oxford, the city holds a special place in my heart and is indelibly associated with various loves and lusts, including meeting my fiancé there. I also studied and adore history, especially art history and am a massive fan of paranormal romance. Therefore, a paranormal romance novel set in Oxford and revolving around a nineteenth century painting of a sixteenth century scene was always going to be an easy sell for me.

I was delighted to come across this book and on the w
Just My Opinion
“I am haunted by the historical figures which come to life and the love endured across time and space….”

I was given a copy of this novel by the author and I will be forever grateful she asked for my review. Oxford Whispers was an incredibly well researched and thought out debut novel. It is steeped in historical figures, places and stories. I loved the paranormal aspect and how it crosses over into reality in such a seamless fashion.

The main character, Madison, is such a complex character it wi
Shelly
I really enjoyed this book and I am really looking forward to the next installment. The story takes place at Oxford University and because of that it reminded me a lot of the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness. For me, this book had all the elements of a really good story, magic, ghosts, mystery and love.

I really liked the main characters and I felt like they were well developed and had really nice back stories. Madison is a smart girl who is furthering her education by attending Oxford Univ
Justine
I write reviews for Appraising Pages, check us out for all things bookish! http://www.appraisingpages.com
Review:
This was definitely a genre that I don’t normally read and I have to start with how much I enjoyed it. Since I don’t usually read historical anything, I was hesitant to try it, but the overall premise of the book interested me enough to check it out. Well, after finishing Oxford Whispers, I’m certainly interested in more historical books if they are anything like this one.
The character
Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books
Oxford Whispers is a fantastic novel. I fell in love with its deja vu storyline, wonderful characters, and steamy romance. Marion Croslydon created an awesome "who will it be" mystery, mixing it up with Louisiana voodoo magic, and hot romance all centered around a painting from the 1650's. I love everything about this novel, especially that it's told from Madison, Rupert, and Peter's point of view. Croslydon can't write the second book in this series with Madison and Rupert fast enough for me.

Ma
Pam
This is a very intriguing book. You get a wonderful blend of now and the past and you can tell the author knows the places you visit and has done her research. You actually feel you are in Oxford or even in Louisiana. The author does a fantastic job as well with the way the characters speak. Madison our leading lady has some fantastic lines that I love and are now some of my favorite quotes. The book every now in then does slow down but it doesn't happen often and the rest of the time it stays a ...more
Dragana
After beeing latest rage in contemporary romance novels, new adult trend tries to spread influence into urban fantasy and paranormal genre. Oxford Whispers by Marion Croslydon follows a typical plot of a girl on college in a new environment that struggles with problems from past and present while trying to secure a better future.

Madison LeBon tries to escape her Louisiana roots, all the way across the ocean to the Oxford University, England. 'You can run away but you can't hide' proves right onc
Mary
I would like to thank the author, Marion Croslydon, for the book to review.

Best part of the book: This was not your typical psychic/ghost/spirits story. It was dubbed "Sookie Stackhouse goes Ivy League" and it was like that, to a point. Although there was no Eric Northman, there was Rupert! Even thought I thought at first he was just going to be a "player" to Madison, he actually needed up to be quiet different. I enjoyed how a painting and the characters in there was the main theme of the story
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

When I read the blurb for Oxford Whispers I thought it would be very good. I was very interested in the book. When I started reading it, I still thought it was pretty good.

But then I just didn't enjoy it anymore. I got about 38% into the book, and I just couldn't finish it. I couldn't connect to the characters. And I hated how it seemed like Madison had powers but yet it was and wasn't a huge part of the book.

I also didn't like how it kept going back t
Marti
I must admit that this is a book I enjoyed almost from the moment and liked it even more as the story progressed. I enjoy books with strong female lead characters and Madison filled that bill quite nicely. She had strength of character, intelligence, drive, and just enough vulnerability. The love interest, Rupert Vance, whom she first tagged as "earl boy" was likeable as well. He was far from perfect but turned out to have quite a lot of strength of character. There was enough paranormal activit ...more
  • Instinct (The Halfling Chronicles, Book 1)
  • Reveal (Cryptid Tales, #1)
  • The Crimson Hunt (Eldaen Light Chronicles, #1)
  • The Wyckham House
  • Soul Search
  • Unsinkable Vampire: A Begotten Bloods Novella
  • Reaper's Novice (Soul Collector, #1)
  • Night of the Tiger (Hades' Carnival, #1)
  • Winter's Storm: Retribution (Winter's Saga, #2)
  • Seized: The Pipe Woman Chronicles
  • Tab Bennett and the Inbetween (Princess of Twilight and Dawn, #1)
  • River's Recruit (Sanctuary, #1)
  • Snake in the Grass (Hearts and Arrows, #2)
  • The Witch's Dream - A Paranormal Romance (The Order of the Black Swan, Book Two)
  • Memories of Murder
  • Bannockburn Binding (Beloved Bloody Time, #1)
  • The Devil's Daughter (Devil to Pay, #1)
  • Behold the Dawn
Marion loves to share happy vibes, talk book crush, fictional boyfriends and sexual chemistry with like-minded people. And because she spends most of her days on her own deep inside her writing cave, you are welcome to come and say “hello” from time to time. Just to make sure she doesn’t sink into insanity.

Her friends, family and arch-enemies (there are quite a few) will be forever grateful for yo
More about Marion Croslydon...
No Reverse (Second Chances, #1) Fast Forward (Second Chances, #2) You Turn Oxford Shadows (The Oxford Trilogy, #2) Sin and Sorrow

“Their eyes locked.
They could see into each other's souls. This was why she had been born.”
4 likes
“Their eyes locked.
They could see into each other's souls. This was why she had been bored.”
0 likes