Blood of The Sorceress (The Portal, #3)

Blood of The Sorceress (The Portal #3)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  197 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Their Love was destiny. Was a curse to be their undoing?

As an ancient king’s favorite harem slave, Lilia committed the worst of all possible crimes: loving another man. When the king discovered her treason, her lover was sentenced to lose his soul and linger in eternal imprisonment, and Lilia herself was executed alongside her sisters. While they reincarnated through count...more
Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Published January 22nd 2013 by Harlequin MIRA (first published January 1st 2013)

Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle L. Olson:
*eARC received from NetGalley

Immediately upon finishing this book my exact words were: "Whoa! I've read a lot of good books in my time. A LOT. Heck, I've read a ton of amazing Maggie Shayne books! But The Portal series has literally blown me away, and this installment..... I'm speechless right now. It literally took my breath away, made my heart pound so hard it almost hurt, and gave me goosebumps besides. Absolutely incredible!!"...more
Alicia
Blood of the Sorceress was the final book in the Portal Series and I am so sad to see it end. Lilia and her sisters will forever be in my heart.

Maggie Shayne is a true sorceress when it comes to the written word. Her imagination is genuine and her ability to craft a magical world filled with such love and power is unrivaled. The Portal series is undeniably the most extraordinary witchcraft story on the market today.

Blood of the Sorceress had me sitting on the edge of my seat with a prayer in my...more
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review Courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

With BLOOD OF THE SORCERESS, Maggie Shayne’s passionate and dramatic The Portal series concludes in the most intense, action packed, and deeply romantic book yet. Lilia and Demetrius’ love spans eons from Ancient Babylon to modern day New York, continuing the series themes of reincarnation, identity, and above all else redemption.

As much as I’ve enjoyed this series and its love conquers all message, there were a few parts that didn’t sit as well with me...more
Aisha Oaktree
Originally Posted on Bewitching Bibliophile

Rated:4.5 Stars
I'm totally in love with this series, these books are just amazing. I can't wait to here more from the sisters again. I really enjoyed reading this book, and having the whole story come together. I laughed with the characters and could totally understand why the rest of the family wasn't on his side at first, I mean just the history there is almost too much to make trusting him easy. Even with that history they were willing to back their...more
Rhonda
Blood of the Sorceress by Maggie Shayne
4 STARS
Blood of the Sorceress is book 3 in The Portal series.
It does a good job tying up the loose ends and filling in the blank spots. Thier is a few love scenes in the book that I skipped over. Thier was plenty of drama,romance,magic and action.
The characters that in previous books that I really did not care about I learned to care and see why they acted that way. The new characters especially Gus and Sid I liked.
Demetrius is now free naked and alone. H...more
Kt
Review originally posted on my blog: A Book Obsession..

For thirty-five hundred years Lilia has been trapped between worlds while her sisters reincarnated over and over again. She's been waiting for the right moment to set into motion the events that will bring her lover back from the hell he was sentenced to. And now that moment has finally come, but not without complications as once he was revived without any memory, he quickly slipped out of Lilia's grasp and into a life of greed, pleasure, an...more
Olimpia
Fantastic finale to the Portal Series. I really enjoyed reading them all. Each were related to the other, but also very different from each other.

This one centers on Demetrius and Lilia, to the actual two people that this tale begins with.

Demetrius finally being free, but not free. His senses and feelings on things we take for granted is filtered. He can’t enjoy what most humans feel until he receives the last piece of his soul. Lilia holds that piece, but Demetrius doesn’t know if he can trust...more
Mary
I received this book as an e-arc from Netgalley for my honest review. This book was AMAZING!! By far the best out of the entire Portal series. Many questions were answered that I had from reading the other books in this series. The whole series was tied together perfectly in this one book. It had me on the edge of my seat up until the end and I couldn’t have asked for a better read. Of course I love all of Maggie’s books but I have completely fallen in love with this entire series. It will defin...more
Angel
I received a review copy of this book through Netgalley. So glad I did because I don't know if I could have been able to handle the wait after finishing Daughter of the Spellcaster - which I also loved.

This entire series is amazing. It has everything I want in a book - lots of magic and action, good guys fighting evil beings, a beautiful, intense romance that transcends through time (3,500 years). I liked the characters so much, by the time I was finished with the book, I felt like they were my...more
Michelle
You know when you read a book and you get so enthralled in the story that you curl up into a wee ball and bite the head off anyone who tries to talk to you or interupt your reading? Well that was me with this book. After a few pages I got sucked in right until the end. My muscles are still all sore!

I absolutely loved this. From start to finish it was everythng I hope it would be. I can't lie & say I didn't see how the story would go cause I did, even the little twists. I can say that this is...more
Carrie Felton
I loved this story! It was the perfect ending to this trilogy! Everyone was present and everything was resolved. I loved Gus, especially at the end, even though he was kinda random at the beginning! I love that all of the connections that have been made from the very beginning were explained and finished out! Maggie Shayne does a terrific job!
Mel
I read and reviewed Mark of the Witch and Daughter of the Spellcaster, the first two books in The Portal trilogy. Mark of the Witch was a fantastic beginning and I was super excited about the series until reading Daughter of the Spellcaster.

Daughter of the Spellcaster was just as bad as Mark of the Witch was good. After reading and being so disappointed in Daughter of the Spellcaster I had no relatively no interest in reading Blood of the Sorceress but hoped that Maggie Shayne would end the ser...more
Kameron
I wasn't too shocked with whom reincarnated into Father Dom's body, but Gus, yup that was a total shocker. I absolutely adore authors who can surprise their readers so with that unexpected twist, this story deserved a 5 star rating.

Demetrius and Lilia, their journey back together didn't wow me but not every love story can be an earth shattering journey. Even though I wasn't completely blown away by these two, I still liked their tale and how the Portal Series ended or is this really the end. Th...more
Rita
Heart Pounding Good! Wow! Third book in the series and it did not disappoint. I was reading thinking this has to end good, it's the last in the series, but Whoa...I was freaking out it was so intense! Maggie Shayne, don't do that to me...OK, you can do again. It was so good! Each book was awesome but this one is over the top! And did it tease that there was a possible next book..Oh I hope so.
Ben
Was an awesome series couldn't put it down, her storytelling weaves the story so seamlessly I just had to read all three books together but I did love this one the best the relationship between Demetrius and Lilia just felt more solid then it had in the previous two books. The passion also came across more strongly in this book then it did in the other two, the villains though we're creative it was more psychological then overt. A series I well recommend.
Alexandra Shoni
Compared to the previous books in the series which give a mix of the logical reality versus fantastic magic, this book is all about raw emotion and pure magic all around making reality what it is.
A captivating story that at least kept me reading, just wanting to know how this long and hard journey would finally end!
Angela
A great book! Maggie Shayne creates a world of wonder and mystery. Wrapping paranormal, romance, humor, and drama/action all into one with this book (all three books in The Portal series). Grabs your attention from the start and holds it through untill the very end!!! Highly recommended series!
Kayla Bruner
I always feel very drawn into Maggie Shayne's books and this one is no exception. The characters of Lilia and Demitrius are compelling and it's a page-turner in every way. I really liked the ending twist and continue to admire Maggie Shayne's fantasy and romance.
Cami
A nice ending to an interesting trilogy. Parts of it really didn't make sense but I'm glad it all ended ok.
Bernie Morris
So the price of immortality and power would be not to appreciate, feel or taste anything - to have no experience of pleasure or happiness? Would you settle for that?
Michelle Hammond
First few pages I wasn't too sure but soon became hooked. Found myself routing for good to triumph above evil. A very good read. Will look out for more by the author.
Lisa
I reaaly liked this series! I like how it left it open for possible future books as well. I would definitely read more books about the sisters!
Teresa
Great story. I enjoyed this one the most out of the three. Shayne has a way with words that brings the story and characters to life.
Angela
Very satisfying finish to this trilogy! And hoping there's more where this came from!
aaallleee
A good ending to the trilogy but i think i expected a bit more . Still , good wrap up .
Louisa
Great book, great ending to the series, and that they got their powers back...
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Portal
Category: Paranormal Romance
Kara Callahan
Thoroughly enjoyable! Loved this series!
Mare
  • The Officer Breaks The Rules (Semper Fi, #2)
  • Grave Intentions (Grave, #1)
  • A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)
  • Menage on 34th Street
  • Desire the Night
  • Crazy, Stupid Sex
  • Billion Dollar Cowboy (Cowboys & Brides, #1)
  • Keeper of the Shadows (The Keepers: L.A., #3)
  • Charming Blue (Fates, #8)
  • Beautiful Danger (In the Company of Vampires #1)
  • For the Love of a Goblin Warrior (Shadowlands, #3)
  • Nobody's Angel (Earth Angels, #1)
  • A SEAL Wolf Christmas (Heart of the Wolf, #12)
  • Heart Fortune (Celta's Heartmates, #12)
  • One for the Wicked (Dark Mission, #5)
  • Shattered Souls (Caitlyn O’Connell, #1)
  • Once Again a Bride
  • The Homesteader's Sweetheart
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou...more
More about Maggie Shayne...
An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Murphy Sisters, #1) Wild Thing (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon, #1.5; Guardians, #1.5) Weddings from Hell (Night Huntress, #1.5; Brotherhood of Blood, #3.5; Nicki Styx, #2.5) The Gingerbread Man Edge Of Twilight (Wings in the Night, #10)