Feast of Candles

Feast of Candles

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  6 reviews
~ Award winning author Stephanie Burkhart offers a sensual tale of wine country in this romantic short story ~

Drake de Brettville is going to take the biggest risk of his life – because of a bottle of wine. When Drake's brother returns to their home in Denmark with a bottle of wine from the Marquand Winery, Drake finds himself compelled to discover who the wine maker is. I...more
Published July 21st 2012 by Rebecca J. Vickery

Tonileg
What inspires love? I think the person has to be ready before it happens. Afterwards people like to pin point the moment that love smacks them in the head, but I think people have to be old enough and in the right mindset like preparing the fields before planting which will make a better and larger harvest.
Drake de Brettville is a noble from Denmark, but as a second son he has more freedom which is a good think because he has fallen for an American from Napa Valley. After tasting a delicious vin...more
Karen
After Drake’s first taste of Lily Marquand’s wine, he hops a flight to Napa Valley, CA to meet her. Lilly has reservations about Drake de Brettville from Denmark. Does he wish to truly woo her or does he only want to take her to bed in hopes of finagling a contract deal?

This short romantic story takes you to the heart of wine country with its picturesque rolling hills and lovely vineyards. This Danish nobleman knows what he wants and he’s determined to have Lilly. Love at first sight can be ‘lus...more
Angela Britnell
This is a wonderfully romantic story with a hero to die for. Drake, a Danish nobleman, is lured first by Lily's wine to her family's Napa Valley winery. For him it is love at first sight but she is held back by natural caution and the concern he is out to seduce her to seal a business deal. She sees another side of him revealing his love of children and this helps her to let him into her life. The steamy love scenes are well-written and Drake's romantic gesture at the end will make you swoon!
Anna Markland
I love wine, so the setting for this short story appealed to me. It’s a heartwarming yet sensual romance between a Danish playboy hunk and a successful, but lonely California girl. She produces fine wine in her vineyards; his family brews well known beers. Ms. Burkhart skillfully blends the Christmas traditions of both countries to bring the hero and heroine together.
Barri Bryan
This is a delightful short story about a Danish nobleman who comes to America with the hope of striking a business deal with a woman who owns a winery in Napa Valley. They fall in love almost at first sight, but there are problems... Some of the love scenes in this book could hasten global warming. Great story.
Margaret
Lovely short romance. Really enjoyed it.
Laura Graves
Laura Graves marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2013
Brenda
Brenda added it
Nov 12, 2013
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2013
April
April marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2012
Stephanie Burkhart
Sep 01, 2012 Stephanie Burkhart added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2012
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
BookishDreamer
BookishDreamer marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2012
Campbell
Campbell marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2012
Just a little about me: I was born in Manchester, NH but live in Castaic, California with my husband, Brent, and two sons, Andrew and Joseph. I have fond memories of Manchester, but have made California my home. I earned a BS in political science from California Baptist University in 1995.

I have been writing since I was 5, first making homemade comic books. Now, I work on creating short stories an...more
More about Stephanie Burkhart...
Victorian Scoundrel (Windsor Diaries, #1) The Wolf's Torment (Moldavian Moon, #1) Twilight Over Moldavia (Moldavian Moon, #2) The Green Rose The Hungarian