Start by marking “Feast of Candles” as Want to Read:
Feast of Candles

Feast of Candles

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  6 reviews
~ Award winning author Stephanie Burkhart offers a sensual tale of wine country in this romantic short story ~

Drake de Brettville is going to take the biggest risk of his life – because of a bottle of wine. When Drake's brother returns to their home in Denmark with a bottle of wine from the Marquand Winery, Drake finds himself compelled to discover who the wine maker is. I
Published July 21st 2012 by Rebecca J. Vickery

To ask other readers questions about Feast of Candles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feast of Candles

After Drake’s first taste of Lily Marquand’s wine, he hops a flight to Napa Valley, CA to meet her. Lilly has reservations about Drake de Brettville from Denmark. Does he wish to truly woo her or does he only want to take her to bed in hopes of finagling a contract deal?

This short romantic story takes you to the heart of wine country with its picturesque rolling hills and lovely vineyards. This Danish nobleman knows what he wants and he’s determined to have Lilly. Love at first sight can be ‘lus
Angela Britnell
This is a wonderfully romantic story with a hero to die for. Drake, a Danish nobleman, is lured first by Lily's wine to her family's Napa Valley winery. For him it is love at first sight but she is held back by natural caution and the concern he is out to seduce her to seal a business deal. She sees another side of him revealing his love of children and this helps her to let him into her life. The steamy love scenes are well-written and Drake's romantic gesture at the end will make you swoon!
Anna Markland
I love wine, so the setting for this short story appealed to me. It’s a heartwarming yet sensual romance between a Danish playboy hunk and a successful, but lonely California girl. She produces fine wine in her vineyards; his family brews well known beers. Ms. Burkhart skillfully blends the Christmas traditions of both countries to bring the hero and heroine together.
Lovely short romance. Really enjoyed it.
What inspires love? I think the person has to be ready before it happens. Afterwards people like to pin point the moment that love smacks them in the head, but I think people have to be old enough and in the right mindset like preparing the fields before planting which will make a better and larger harvest.
Drake de Brettville is a noble from Denmark, but as a second son he has more freedom which is a good think because he has fallen for an American from Napa Valley. After tasting a delicious vin
Barri Bryan
This is a delightful short story about a Danish nobleman who comes to America with the hope of striking a business deal with a woman who owns a winery in Napa Valley. They fall in love almost at first sight, but there are problems... Some of the love scenes in this book could hasten global warming. Great story.
Abn10009 marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Jane marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Beppe DM
Beppe DM marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Clarissa Cuellar
Clarissa Cuellar marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Erin Murphy calderón
Erin Murphy calderón marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Jenn marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2013
Brenda added it
Nov 12, 2013
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2013
April marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2012
Stephanie Burkhart
Sep 01, 2012 Stephanie Burkhart added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Just a little about me: I was born in Manchester, NH but live in Castaic, California with my husband, Brent, and two sons, Andrew and Joseph. I have fond memories of Manchester, but have made California my home. I earned a BS in political science from California Baptist University in 1995.

I have been writing since I was 5, first making homemade comic books. Now, I work on creating short stories an
More about Stephanie Burkhart...