Start by marking “Dollar Daze: The Bottom Dollar Girls in Love (Bottom Dollar Girls #3)” as Want to Read:
Dollar Daze: The Bottom Dollar Girls in Love (Bottom Dollar Girls #3)

Dollar Daze: The Bottom Dollar Girls in Love (The Bottom Dollar Series #3)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  219 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Moons and Junes are the flavors of the month for the Bottom Dollar Girls, whose sudden fondness for wooing and cooing has them in a "Dollar Daze," From the night of the Sweetheart Dance, love begins blooming all over Cayboo Creek. Though every rose must have its thorn, it's up to the Bottom Dollar Girls to follow their hearts. Leading the way is Attalee, soda jerk at the B ...more
Published August 1st 2006 by Simon & Schuster (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Dollar Daze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dollar Daze

Betty
The lives of the Dollar Store girls continues in this book Their thoughts turn to romance. More crazy antics as the girls chase there chosen fellow. Elizabeth is bored with life of a stay at home Mom. Mavis and Birdie plan their high school reunion. Mrs Tobias meets an easygoing man and begans to ennoy herself.

Disclosure: I received a free copy from HENERY PRESS through Netgalley for an honest review. I would like to thank them for this opportunity to read and review this book. The opinions are
Andrea Stoeckel
[ I received this book free from the publisher, Henery Press through NetGalley. I thank them for their generousity. In exchange, I was simply asked to write an honest review, and post it. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising]

( I am writing this review April 2,2015. This book is set to be released in May. Sometimes, publishers allo
JoAnne
Rachel Gilbey
Dollar Daze is a book featuring the lives of the girls who work, or have worked in Bottom Dollar shop in Cayboo Creek, South Carolina.

There is Mavis who is hoping she isn't too old to have a new beau in her life. She and best friend Birdie both have their eyes set on Brewster Clark, who has returned to town. But can their friendship survive?

There is also Attalee who is the soda jerk at the store, and is madly in love with her fiancee Dooley. Attalee is in her eighties, but a lot of the time act
Kathy
Great story about friendship, romance and love. The Bottom Dollar Girls are back, and each is looking for some form of fulfillment, Attalee, Mavis, Birdie and Mrs. Tobias (even though she does not know it yet) are feeling lonely, and some good male companionship might just help. Elizabeth is looking for more to occupy her day than her soon to be one-year old, though she does love the baby—just not the boredom her days have become. Mavis and Birdie are struck by a new man who wanders into town, B ...more
Lauri Rottmayer
I really loved this book. It's the third in a series but I didn't feel like I'd been left out by not reading the books that came before which of course I must now read.

This book is about the Bottom Dollar Girls, a group of older ladies who have been friends for a long time (two of them for most of their lives!) and the granddaughter of one of the ladies.

The older ladies all seem to be looking for love in this book except for Mrs. Tobias who seems to feel she's done all the marrying she needs to
Tess
What an entertaining book! Four senior ladies are brought to life in this amusing story. Some have been friends since childhood, some are fairly new friends, but the laughter and the love between them is heartwarming. Every senior lady needs 2 or 3 friends like this. The personalities range from a lady from a very wealthy background, but no one knows, to the owner of the Bottom Dollar Emporium, a variety, candy store and a soda fountain, whose best friend Birdie works there. Birdie is a feisty 8 ...more
Cindy
My Thoughts:

I liked this book a lot because it had such a small town homey feel to it. The characters in this book, especially Attalee made me smile a lot as I was reading! The story was slow but enjoyable and easy to follow. I felt so bad for Elizabeth, wanting to return to work after staying home with her new baby for a few months. I also liked the fact that the author writes about older women and finding love after sixty! If you like a story about a nice southern small town that gives you a g
HENERY PRESS
“Readers will be chuckling over crazy man-getting antics, sighing at the complexity of life, love and matrimony and maybe even shedding a tear over the heartbreak and tragedy. This novel is charismatic and replete with poignancy.” – Romantic Times
Barbara Thompson
This is my first book to read by Author Karin Gillespie. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Dollar Daze. It was entertaining and humorous, but showed a group of friends that were true to their friendship. This book captured my attention from the beginning and I was totally involved in their lives. Dollar Daze is Book Three from The Bottom Dollar Series. You can read this as a stand alone book, but I would urge you to read Books One and Two as I will. I believe they are great books just like Book Three ...more
Pamela
Dollar Daze is the third book in the Bottom Dollar Daze chick lit series. It is an adequately written and professionally written full length novel.

This book tells the story of relationships and how rigid ideas can negatively effect them. The characters are endearing and delightfully human. I did feel that the use of multiple POVs was a bit confusing and made the story seem disjointed.

Dollar Daze can be read as a standalone, but I suggest reading the first book in the series, where the characters
Janie
Hilarious,,,,,,have read all 3 of Karin Gillespie's Dollar Daze books and thoroughly enjoyed them. Wish there was another to look forward to. Great for a change of pace.
Great Series!
This is a great series; this is the third book in The Bottom Dollar Series by Karin Gillespie. This book can be read as a standalone but once you read one you will want to go read them all. This book continues with the girls who work in the Bottom Dollar shop in the small town of Cayboo Creek, South Carolina. If you are looking for a great book with humor and southern grit then you need to read this book. I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
A Review copy wa
Debbie Krenzer
It had been a while since I'd read any of the Bottom Dollar Girls and when I first started this one seeing all the characters names, I was like who? By the second or third chapter, they all came back to me and I realized I had missed them. A group of older women, mostly widowed, who had been friends for years. It's good to hear and read about relationships like that. And these girls don't hold back on what they say to each other, at least not Attalee, the most outspoken of the bunch.

This third
Laura Cushing
My favorite in this cozy friendship series so far. The Bottom Dollar Girls are a group of friends who work at or visit frequently a store called Bottom Dollar Emporium in their tiny southern town. This book, third in the series, finds the girls (really ladies ranging from young to old age) falling in various shades of love.

THere were a lot of laugh out loud and touching moments, as with the other books in the series. A fun lighthearted read. Hope the author writes more of the Bottom Dollar Girls
Barbara
This is such a delightful and charming book. Southern grit and attitude kept me laughing. Every time I started reading again I was quickly reminded how amusing and entertaining this group of ladies and gents could be. This was the first I had read in this series. I am more of a cozy mystery reader, but this was a fun change of pace. Netgalley provided an ebook for my honest review. I am happy to have been introduced to this author and her series. I will read more.
Bubble Bath Books
Sissy: Senior citizens and romance! Those are two things you don't often hear about together, but why not?
Bubby: Definitely something to aspire to when I get closer to your age, Sissy...
Read our full review of Dollar Daze by Karin Gillespie.
Dee Gurganus
This is such a funny, enjoyable read. "The Bottom Dollar Girls" are all about finding romance in this story. Each one with their own tale of finding what they are missing in life. This book will definitely keep a smile on your face. Just the chapter titles alone will make you chuckle. One of my favorites was "It's better to be over the hill then under it". For a light, enjoyable read, be sure this one is on your "to read" list.
Swtlvrndrms
I thoroughly loved reading this book and will be going back and reading the other ones in the series.
What a wonderful story of friendship, love, and growing older! I would recommend this book to those looking for a mature light romance.
I want to thank NetGalley, the author, and publisher for allowing me to read this book for free in exchange for an honest review!
Susan Obryan
Karin Gillespie wraps up her three-book "Bottom Dollar Series" with "Dollar Daze." Growing old in small-town America has never been so fun - and full of romance and mischief.

All three books (each can be read as a stand-alone)should be mandatory reading to lift your spirits and add humor to long summer days.

ARC provided by Netgalley
Christine
Funny, funny, this is the 3rd book in this series....I was given this wonderful book by NETGALLEY...thanks so much. This book is about friendships, love , small town living. They gather at the Bottom Dollar Emporium and the stories begin...there are laugh out loud moments. I enjoyed getting to know Mavis and Birdie, add a man in the mix and ....

Thanks NETGALLEY....
Donna
This was such a cute summer read. Being in the same age group as the ladies I could associate the girls with my friends. This is the first book in this series I have read to bad it was the 3rd one. I will now look for the other two and hope they are as good as this one was.

Teresa Kander
What a great story about friends, family, romance and love. This is the third offering in the Bottom Dollar series, and the Bottom Dollar Girls are in fine form.

Each of the "girls" has their own story, and they all tie together perfectly. Even though this is my first experience with the group, I fell in love with all of them. I'm going to go back and read the first two books now---and hope there will be more of them in the future.

I would recommend this one to anyone looking for a lighthearted ro
Gena
eARC: Netgalley

A sweet friendship book. A great group of women of a certain age who explore what role romance still has in their lives.
Jenni Schell
I really enjoyed this book. It had funny characters and the story was great. Awesome job.
Jamie
Second time around for me and this series...light reading, fun reading...I will miss you, Bottom Dollar Girls!!
Barbara Leuthe
Loved the bottom dollar girls.Elizabeths story was so real to life ,Birdie and Mavis looking for love is a good theme,Brewster was a jerk and hope he gets his just deserts in the future.Attalee story is so sad and wish she meets her special someone after dooley.I received this book free as part of goodreads first reads program.Cant wait to read the first two books and look forward to the next.
Jessica
This author writes about people from all walks of life. Humans share commom emotions and needs. It doesn't matter who you are, you share the trait of being human.

She always has a quote from somewhere-- newspapers, fortune cookies, graffiti, church reader boards--that I find amusing.

1. When I married Mr. Right I didn't know his first name was Always.
2. Don't be so open minded your brain falls out.
3. Wrinkled is not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up.
Marilyn
Good luck at the topic of Woman and Friendship.
Elizabeth, Mrs. Tobias, Mavis, Birdie, and Attalee support and provide small-town warmth for each other.

Funny, down-to-earth characters are enjoyed in Dollar Daze.
Amy
Read this at the beach. Cute book; a little chintzy for my taste, but I did laugh out loud in a few places... Parts of it were very predictable, but there were some interesting twists I didn't expect. Good lazy afternoon read.
  • The Sound of Murder  (Ivy Meadows Mysteries, #2)
  • Sky High (Nicki Valentine Mystery #2)
  • Diner Knock Out  (Rose Strickland Mystery, #4)
  • Lowcountry Boneyard (Liz Talbot Mystery, #3)
  • The Breakup Doctor (The Breakup Doctor, #1)
  • With Vics You Get Eggroll (Madison Night Mystery #3)
  • Second To Nun (Giulia Driscoll #2)
  • Guaranteed to Bleed (The Country Club Murders #2)
  • In the Drink (Mack's Bar Mystery, #3)
  • Beyond A Doubt
  • Double Strike (Davis Way #3)
  • Death in Perspective (A Cherry Tucker Mystery, #4)
  • The After House
  • The Path of the Crooked
  • Threads of Evidence (Mainely Needlepoint, #2)
  • Slayed on the Slopes (Pacific Northwest #2)
  • The Longest Yard Sale
  • Mrs. Kaplan and the Matzoh Ball of Death (A Mrs. Kaplan Mystery #1)
National Bestselling novelist and a Midwestern girl who, after forty years in Georgia, is still trying to get the hang of being Southern.

Keep in touch with me at

More about Karin Gillespie...

The Bottom Dollar Series (3 books)
  • Bet Your Bottom Dollar (Bottom Dollar Girls #1)
  • A Dollar Short: The Bottom Dollar Girls Go Hollywood (Bottom Dollar Girls #2)
Bet Your Bottom Dollar (Bottom Dollar Girls #1) A Dollar Short: The Bottom Dollar Girls Go Hollywood (Bottom Dollar Girls #2) Girl Meets Class The Sweet Potato Queens' First Big-Ass Novel: Stuff We Didn't Actually Do, But Could Have, and May Yet Sweet Potato Queens' First Big-Ass Novel, The: Stuff We Didn’t Actually Do, but Could Have, and May Yet

“Friends don't let friends take home ugly men.” 10 likes