Start by marking “Dollar Daze: The Bottom Dollar Girls in Love (Bottom Dollar Girls #3)” as Want to Read:
Dollar Daze: The Bottom Dollar Girls in Love (Bottom Dollar Girls #3)

Dollar Daze: The Bottom Dollar Girls in Love (The Bottom Dollar Series #3)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  248 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Moons and Junes are the flavors of the month for the Bottom Dollar Girls, whose sudden fondness for wooing and cooing has them in a "Dollar Daze," From the night of the Sweetheart Dance, love begins blooming all over Cayboo Creek. Though every rose must have its thorn, it's up to the Bottom Dollar Girls to follow their hearts. Leading the way is Attalee, soda jerk at the B ...more
Published August 1st 2006 by Simon & Schuster (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Dollar Daze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dollar Daze

Betty
May 12, 2015 Betty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
The lives of the Dollar Store girls continues in this book Their thoughts turn to romance. More crazy antics as the girls chase there chosen fellow. Elizabeth is bored with life of a stay at home Mom. Mavis and Birdie plan their high school reunion. Mrs Tobias meets an easygoing man and begans to ennoy herself.

Disclosure: I received a free copy from HENERY PRESS through Netgalley for an honest review. I would like to thank them for this opportunity to read and review this book. The opinions are
Andrea Stoeckel
Apr 02, 2015 Andrea Stoeckel rated it really liked it
[ I received this book free from the publisher, Henery Press through NetGalley. I thank them for their generousity. In exchange, I was simply asked to write an honest review, and post it. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising]

( I am writing this review April 2,2015. This book is set to be released in May. Sometimes, publishers allo
Lelia Taylor
Dec 06, 2015 Lelia Taylor rated it it was amazing
Shelves: full-reviews
I usually avoid romance fiction like the plague, mostly the bodice-ripper type or the kind that has woman/girl pining weepily after the hot patootie that happened to smile at her one day. Worse yet is the love triangle or the dreaded "insta-love". However, I'm not entirely immune to the appeal of romance especially the lighthearted, humorous, dare-I-say-it-chick-lit sort found in books like Dollar Daze by Karin Gillespie.

This is the third book in the Bottom Dollar series (trilogy?) which is just
JoAnne
May 13, 2015 JoAnne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit
Rachel Gilbey
May 01, 2015 Rachel Gilbey rated it liked it
Dollar Daze is a book featuring the lives of the girls who work, or have worked in Bottom Dollar shop in Cayboo Creek, South Carolina.

There is Mavis who is hoping she isn't too old to have a new beau in her life. She and best friend Birdie both have their eyes set on Brewster Clark, who has returned to town. But can their friendship survive?

There is also Attalee who is the soda jerk at the store, and is madly in love with her fiancee Dooley. Attalee is in her eighties, but a lot of the time act
Kathy
Mar 09, 2015 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Great story about friendship, romance and love. The Bottom Dollar Girls are back, and each is looking for some form of fulfillment, Attalee, Mavis, Birdie and Mrs. Tobias (even though she does not know it yet) are feeling lonely, and some good male companionship might just help. Elizabeth is looking for more to occupy her day than her soon to be one-year old, though she does love the baby—just not the boredom her days have become. Mavis and Birdie are struck by a new man who wanders into town, B ...more
Lauri Rottmayer
Apr 26, 2015 Lauri Rottmayer rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. It's the third in a series but I didn't feel like I'd been left out by not reading the books that came before which of course I must now read.

This book is about the Bottom Dollar Girls, a group of older ladies who have been friends for a long time (two of them for most of their lives!) and the granddaughter of one of the ladies.

The older ladies all seem to be looking for love in this book except for Mrs. Tobias who seems to feel she's done all the marrying she needs to
Tess
Apr 10, 2015 Tess rated it it was amazing
What an entertaining book! Four senior ladies are brought to life in this amusing story. Some have been friends since childhood, some are fairly new friends, but the laughter and the love between them is heartwarming. Every senior lady needs 2 or 3 friends like this. The personalities range from a lady from a very wealthy background, but no one knows, to the owner of the Bottom Dollar Emporium, a variety, candy store and a soda fountain, whose best friend Birdie works there. Birdie is a feisty 8 ...more
HENERY PRESS
“Readers will be chuckling over crazy man-getting antics, sighing at the complexity of life, love and matrimony and maybe even shedding a tear over the heartbreak and tragedy. This novel is charismatic and replete with poignancy.” – Romantic Times
Barbara Thompson
May 08, 2015 Barbara Thompson rated it really liked it
This is my first book to read by Author Karin Gillespie. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Dollar Daze. It was entertaining and humorous, but showed a group of friends that were true to their friendship. This book captured my attention from the beginning and I was totally involved in their lives. Dollar Daze is Book Three from The Bottom Dollar Series. You can read this as a stand alone book, but I would urge you to read Books One and Two as I will. I believe they are great books just like Book Three ...more
Pamela
Mar 12, 2015 Pamela rated it liked it
Dollar Daze is the third book in the Bottom Dollar Daze chick lit series. It is an adequately written and professionally written full length novel.

This book tells the story of relationships and how rigid ideas can negatively effect them. The characters are endearing and delightfully human. I did feel that the use of multiple POVs was a bit confusing and made the story seem disjointed.

Dollar Daze can be read as a standalone, but I suggest reading the first book in the series, where the characters
Janie
Mar 27, 2009 Janie rated it really liked it
Hilarious,,,,,,have read all 3 of Karin Gillespie's Dollar Daze books and thoroughly enjoyed them. Wish there was another to look forward to. Great for a change of pace.
May 12, 2015 Laura rated it it was amazing
Great Series!
This is a great series; this is the third book in The Bottom Dollar Series by Karin Gillespie. This book can be read as a standalone but once you read one you will want to go read them all. This book continues with the girls who work in the Bottom Dollar shop in the small town of Cayboo Creek, South Carolina. If you are looking for a great book with humor and southern grit then you need to read this book. I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
A Review copy wa
Debbie Krenzer
May 12, 2015 Debbie Krenzer rated it really liked it
It had been a while since I'd read any of the Bottom Dollar Girls and when I first started this one seeing all the characters names, I was like who? By the second or third chapter, they all came back to me and I realized I had missed them. A group of older women, mostly widowed, who had been friends for years. It's good to hear and read about relationships like that. And these girls don't hold back on what they say to each other, at least not Attalee, the most outspoken of the bunch.

This third
Laura Cushing
Mar 10, 2015 Laura Cushing rated it it was amazing
My favorite in this cozy friendship series so far. The Bottom Dollar Girls are a group of friends who work at or visit frequently a store called Bottom Dollar Emporium in their tiny southern town. This book, third in the series, finds the girls (really ladies ranging from young to old age) falling in various shades of love.

THere were a lot of laugh out loud and touching moments, as with the other books in the series. A fun lighthearted read. Hope the author writes more of the Bottom Dollar Girls
Barbara
May 12, 2015 Barbara rated it really liked it
This is such a delightful and charming book. Southern grit and attitude kept me laughing. Every time I started reading again I was quickly reminded how amusing and entertaining this group of ladies and gents could be. This was the first I had read in this series. I am more of a cozy mystery reader, but this was a fun change of pace. Netgalley provided an ebook for my honest review. I am happy to have been introduced to this author and her series. I will read more.
Bubble Bath Books
May 12, 2015 Bubble Bath Books rated it really liked it
Sissy: Senior citizens and romance! Those are two things you don't often hear about together, but why not?
Bubby: Definitely something to aspire to when I get closer to your age, Sissy...
Read our full review of Dollar Daze by Karin Gillespie.
Dee Gurganus
Jul 25, 2015 Dee Gurganus rated it liked it
This is such a funny, enjoyable read. "The Bottom Dollar Girls" are all about finding romance in this story. Each one with their own tale of finding what they are missing in life. This book will definitely keep a smile on your face. Just the chapter titles alone will make you chuckle. One of my favorites was "It's better to be over the hill then under it". For a light, enjoyable read, be sure this one is on your "to read" list.
Swtlvrndrms
Apr 06, 2015 Swtlvrndrms rated it really liked it
I thoroughly loved reading this book and will be going back and reading the other ones in the series.
What a wonderful story of friendship, love, and growing older! I would recommend this book to those looking for a mature light romance.
I want to thank NetGalley, the author, and publisher for allowing me to read this book for free in exchange for an honest review!
Susan Obryan
May 29, 2015 Susan Obryan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Karin Gillespie wraps up her three-book "Bottom Dollar Series" with "Dollar Daze." Growing old in small-town America has never been so fun - and full of romance and mischief.

All three books (each can be read as a stand-alone)should be mandatory reading to lift your spirits and add humor to long summer days.

ARC provided by Netgalley
Christine
Apr 01, 2015 Christine rated it really liked it
Funny, funny, this is the 3rd book in this series....I was given this wonderful book by NETGALLEY...thanks so much. This book is about friendships, love , small town living. They gather at the Bottom Dollar Emporium and the stories begin...there are laugh out loud moments. I enjoyed getting to know Mavis and Birdie, add a man in the mix and ....

Thanks NETGALLEY....
Donna
Aug 16, 2015 Donna rated it it was amazing
This was such a cute summer read. Being in the same age group as the ladies I could associate the girls with my friends. This is the first book in this series I have read to bad it was the 3rd one. I will now look for the other two and hope they are as good as this one was.

Teresa Kander
Mar 18, 2015 Teresa Kander rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, netgalley
What a great story about friends, family, romance and love. This is the third offering in the Bottom Dollar series, and the Bottom Dollar Girls are in fine form.

Each of the "girls" has their own story, and they all tie together perfectly. Even though this is my first experience with the group, I fell in love with all of them. I'm going to go back and read the first two books now---and hope there will be more of them in the future.

I would recommend this one to anyone looking for a lighthearted ro
Kayrene Smither
Sep 28, 2015 Kayrene Smither rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I found this on CD at a HPB, and needed something to listen to on a long drive. This is a great read; about older, southern ladies. I was laughing out loud to myself in the car. Truly enjoyed!
Gena
Mar 13, 2015 Gena rated it liked it
eARC: Netgalley

A sweet friendship book. A great group of women of a certain age who explore what role romance still has in their lives.
Jenni Schell
Mar 06, 2015 Jenni Schell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
I really enjoyed this book. It had funny characters and the story was great. Awesome job.
Jamie
Jun 04, 2015 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second time around for me and this series...light reading, fun reading...I will miss you, Bottom Dollar Girls!!
Barbara Leuthe
Jun 28, 2015 Barbara Leuthe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the bottom dollar girls.Elizabeths story was so real to life ,Birdie and Mavis looking for love is a good theme,Brewster was a jerk and hope he gets his just deserts in the future.Attalee story is so sad and wish she meets her special someone after dooley.I received this book free as part of goodreads first reads program.Cant wait to read the first two books and look forward to the next.
Jessica
Mar 28, 2010 Jessica rated it liked it
This author writes about people from all walks of life. Humans share commom emotions and needs. It doesn't matter who you are, you share the trait of being human.

She always has a quote from somewhere-- newspapers, fortune cookies, graffiti, church reader boards--that I find amusing.

1. When I married Mr. Right I didn't know his first name was Always.
2. Don't be so open minded your brain falls out.
3. Wrinkled is not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up.
  • The Breakup Doctor (The Breakup Doctor, #1)
  • Diner Knock Out  (Rose Strickland Mystery, #4)
  • Guaranteed to Bleed (The Country Club Murders #2)
  • With Vics You Get Eggroll (Madison Night Mystery #3)
  • Sky High (Nicki Valentine Mystery #2)
  • The Sound of Murder  (Ivy Meadows Mysteries, #2)
  • Cover Shot (A Headlines in High Heels Mystery, #5)
  • Death in Perspective (A Cherry Tucker Mystery, #4)
  • Double Mint (Davis Way Crime Caper #4)
  • Between a Rock and a Hard Place: A Potting Shed Mystery
  • Beyond A Doubt
  • Lowcountry Bordello (A Liz Talbot Mystery, #4)
  • Swan Dive (An Elliott Lisbon Mystery #3)
  • In the Drink (Mack's Bar Mystery, #3)
  • Second To Nun (Giulia Driscoll #2)
  • Paint the Town Dead (Aurora Anderson Mystery, #2)
  • Scheduled to Die (A Carter Mays Mystery #2)
  • Bridges Burned (Zoe Chambers mysteries, #3)
National Bestselling novelist and a Midwestern girl who, after forty years in Georgia, is still trying to get the hang of being Southern.

Keep in touch with me at

More about Karin Gillespie...

The Bottom Dollar Series (3 books)
  • Bet Your Bottom Dollar (Bottom Dollar Girls #1)
  • A Dollar Short: The Bottom Dollar Girls Go Hollywood (Bottom Dollar Girls #2)

“Friends don't let friends take home ugly men.” 12 likes