Start by marking “Grave Danger” as Want to Read:

3.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  827 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
For special-effects artist Ali MacGregor, it can be hard to tell fantasy from reality. Especially when her coworker Victor leaves her alone in the studio one night, surrounded by scary creations—zombies, werewolves and mangled corpses. And then she hears footsteps.... Footsteps that shouldn't be there.

Nearby, Ali's ex, cop Greg Austin, is called to the graveyard set of a h
Published August 1st 2012 by Harlequin MIRA

To ask other readers questions about Grave Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grave Danger

Robert
May 04, 2013 Robert rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-freebies
I admit I like free shit. I also admit I’m not entirely rational in my thought process. For example, I happily hand over my Bouchercon and Left Coast Crime Conference fees and feel like I’ve won the lottery when I receive a bag filled with books. Seriously, this ends up being one of the major highlights of these conferences. So in my continued pursuit of this high, minus the conference fees, I have decided to scour Amazon for the best free short stories and books available. With that being said, ...more
Freda Labianca
Jan 15, 2016 Freda Labianca rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, fiction
Awesome!
To be so short, but to be so scary is no easy task. Heather Graham pulls it off like it was easy though. You get pulled in deep, and at the end you are left wanting more but not cliffhanging.
Ali is cool but very naive. It gets used against her too often too. I knew loverboy was going to save her, it was a given, but there is a part of me that wish he hadn't. (LOL) Still, I'd like to read more about Ali and Greg. They are rather likable.
A quick-paced thriller short story that lots of peo
Vera Maslow
Aug 01, 2015 Vera Maslow rated it did not like it
This actually started out pretty good. Then it was rushed, weird and senseless. It kind of is a good glimpse at this author's writing style. If this short story was expanded into a full book, it wouldn't be rushed, but still be weird and mildly senseless, but would understand characters and what is going on better. Which would make it an okay read. As a short story, this just doesn't work at all for me.
Katerina Karasova
Jan 14, 2014 Katerina Karasova rated it it was ok
Představte si, že nastoupíte do letadla. Stane se nehoda a Vy jste jediní, kdo se může pokusit s poškozeným letadlem nouzově přistát. Pilot na prahu smrti se Vám snaží v pár sekundách vysvětlit to nejnutnější, co musíte vědět než zkusíte létající vrak nasměrovat na dostatečně velkou a rovnou plochu. Bude Vám těch pár vteřin stačit, abyste úspěšně přistáli? Asi tak na mě působilo zrychlené vyprávění autorky, která se v těch pár stránkách snažila objasnit nějaké souvislosti okolo postav. Taky v pá ...more
Nancy Garcelon
I love Heather Graham!

I've never written a review before, so here I go! This story catches your attention at the beginning and just keeps you locked in. I didn't want it to end! I love all her books!!!
Michelle
May 07, 2014 Michelle rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014-i-read
RATING: 1 1/2 STARS

This story had me up til the point where Ali and Greg come face to face with the killer. What followed was some of the most asinine dialogue. I mean I can see how being faced with certain death makes you realizes the stupid mistakes you made life and your true feelings for loved ones but it just seemed out of place. Don't get me started on the things the killer said.

In my opinion the premise of this book does not lend itself to short story form. Events need to be spread out,
Jennifer  (Books That Hook)
Jun 14, 2015 Jennifer (Books That Hook) rated it really liked it
Review originally appeared on Books That Hook

“Grave Danger” is a short story I downloaded for free on Amazon. I just checked and it is still free if you want to give it a try.

My thoughts: It’s a quick, entertaining read. Ali works as a special effects artist. She’s working late one night and hears something. Meanwhile, her ex-boyfriend, a cop, is investigating a body in a graveyard on the set near where Ali is working. One he realizes that Ali is still there, he rushes to find her. Good thing he
Jackie
Author Heather Graham is one of my favorite authors when I need something to make me get chills or think-outside-the-box. She combines suspense, drama, romance, horror and mystery perfectly in this very quick and very short read that will make you jump in surprise than in joy for Ali.
Cristy Bramhall
Oct 18, 2014 Cristy Bramhall rated it liked it
No plot or storyline, just a scene.

It started out in the middle of the story and I had to re-read to understand. It was like taking the ending of a novel and making it into a short story with no plot. It was ok, but not what I was expecting.
Jenny
Jun 28, 2014 Jenny rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
In this story, Ali is feeling apprehensive about noises that she is hearing while working late which leads to unforseen events. For a short story, it was impressive how the author was able to balance a murder thriller, some romance, and a touch of the supernatural.
Joanie
Nov 25, 2014 Joanie rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book
This short story had good characters who were easy to follow and relate to. Ali,a prop girl and her trustworthy co worker,Victor, maybe not, and Greg, a cop and certainly not forgetting Mr Blake Edwards.
Krysteen Damon
Oct 24, 2013 Krysteen Damon rated it liked it
This is another short story that should have been a full length novel. And if it were, it would have become more of a romance than anything else. There was too much back story to the two main characters that was tried to be pushed in and ended up leaving me wondering what had happened in their relationship before the story started. Additionally, the ending between the two left me even more confused. And then when you add in the murder, that confuses me even more. When I say confused, I knew what ...more
Amanda Duckworth
Feb 18, 2014 Amanda Duckworth rated it liked it
Grave Danger

it was a fun read but predictable. I love most of Heather Graham books but this is the first short story I've read of hers and it was okay.
Tami
Jan 22, 2015 Tami rated it it was amazing
Grave Danger

Great short story. Heather Graham is a great writer whom I will read again and again. I'd recommend her to anyone.
Jennifer A. Ray
Apr 01, 2014 Jennifer A. Ray rated it liked it
Good short story

good short read. sort of predictable with the storyline. good short read for a lunch break or something to do.
Sneh Pradhan
Sep 05, 2014 Sneh Pradhan rated it did not like it
Dis start off well , but failed to meet its promise ... leaves you very much " high & dry " at the end with its anti-climax of an end !
Geri
Jan 03, 2016 Geri rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, romance, ownk
I liked the story, I just didn't care for the dialogue, it was kind of corny. Old Harlequin type, never been a fan of that.
Lindsey
Jul 11, 2015 Lindsey rated it did not like it
Probably the worst, cheesiest dialogue I've ever suffered through reading. Wasn't scary, creepy, or interesting.
Khandi Tumeo
Mar 11, 2014 Khandi Tumeo rated it it was amazing
It was short and sweet. i adore Heather Graham and will get more. LOVE IS MURDER.
Andrei
Feb 05, 2016 Andrei rated it liked it
My opinion: too much romance, must be craving for romance to like this.
Misty
Jan 27, 2015 Misty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wish the book could have been longer. But it still was a good short story
Theresa
Aug 14, 2014 Theresa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: heather-graham
Short and sweet and scary from beginning to end! Love Heather Graham!
Christina
Jun 29, 2014 Christina rated it did not like it
Well that was terrible. I guess anything to get me out of a reading rut.
Hildegart
Apr 02, 2014 Hildegart rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Because this was a short story, it felt like it was lacking a little. Not much, but just enough to make me think what about such and such?
Bianca
Feb 08, 2014 Bianca rated it liked it
A nice little short mystery/ thriller you can read in one sitting.
Molly Sparber
Apr 07, 2016 Molly Sparber rated it did not like it
i'm still cringing. that was horrible
Flo
Debbie Sato
Jun 15, 2016 Debbie Sato rated it liked it
eh.
  • Sledge
  • Haunted Destiny (Midnight Dragonfly, #1.5)
  • The Scargill Cove Case Files (Arcane Society, #9.5; Looking Glass Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Surrender at Dawn
  • In the Light of You
  • Dead Politician Society (Clare Vengel Undercover, #1)
  • Fallen from Grace (Dark Mirror, #0.5)
  • Dare to Die (Death on Demand, #19)
  • Dead End
  • Stress Fracture
  • Gutshot Straight
  • Merrie Axemas
  • The Trivia Lover's Guide to the World: Geography for the Lost and Found
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Slow Burn
  • The Three Motives for Murder
  • The Backstory to Think Twice: A Special Bonus
  • The Shortcut
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria
More about Heather Graham...