Start by marking “Mark and Tony (Men of Smithfield #1)” as Want to Read:
Mark and Tony (Men of Smithfield #1)

Mark and Tony (Men of Smithfield #1)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  1,814 ratings  ·  202 reviews
Previous Title: "Gobsmacked"

Coming home from work to find my boyfriend banging our hairy, married landlord -- in our bed -- was bad enough. Discovering Jamie had also cleaned out my bank accounts made it officially the worst day of my life. I think I can be forgiven for wanting revenge, even if a few little laws (and possibly Jamie's nose) got bent in the process.

Fortunate
Published August 6th 2012 by Carina Press (first published February 7th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mark and Tony, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mark and Tony

I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal RoseShattered Glass by Dani AlexanderCut & Run by Abigail RouxTell Me It's Real by T.J. KluneSno Ho by Ethan Day
The Best Humorous Gay Romances
32nd out of 419 books — 1,008 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxSticks & Stones by Madeleine UrbanFish & Chips by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsDivide & Conquer by Abigail Roux
Best Gay Cops/ Security Guards/P.I.'s
63rd out of 601 books — 932 voters

More lists with this book...

Ingela
Written November 18, 2014

3.3 Stars - Strong feelings, much (justified) anger, sexy and quite fun

Book #1

I listened to this first novella audio (4:24 hrs) in the Men of Smithfield series. Pleasant, and with great enthusiasm, in a very nice way narrated by Shannon Gunn (4 stars to him).

Amusing freezing cold snowy story
...I was listening to this one some tropical warm evenings. An short and utterly perfect audiobook listening to sitting here on a balcony drinking something with a lot of i
Daisiemae
This book was really good. I didn't know how I would feel about it because it is written in first person, and it is NO secret how I HATE first person. But, it looked good, so I decided to bite the bullet. I am glad I did.

What surprised me about the book was how funny it was. I truly wasn't expecting to laugh out loud several times. Plus, I came to care about Mark. His inner thoughts rang true to me for some reason. He was very easy to relate to, and I would be proud to call him a friend. Not to
No more Mr. Nice Guy.
Mild mannered Mark Meehan’s good judgment flies out the window when he finds his lover banging another man. Things go from bad to worse as Mark’s crazy revenge scheme uncovers shocking secrets-sending him straight into the arms of hunky lawman and old friend, Tony Gervase, a man of limited patience and secrets of his own.
From Aspen Mountain Press.

I liked Mark. In fact no, I more than liked Mark I just adored this character. He was smart and sexy, but most appealing was his v
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**3.5 stars**

I think I would have liked this better on my Kindle and rated it a solid 4 stars instead of 3.5 stars. This was my first audiobook and I'm not completely sold on it. Most of my friends loved this narration. I think the narrator did a great job except for the voice of Tony, which kiiiillllleeeeddd me. He sounded like a constipated Tony Soprano, and I couldn't feel much for him as a character because I hated the voice so much.

This book had many things that I like. It was funny, it wa
MiʂħүJѻ
Well, that wasn't very good.
Lena♥Ribka
May 27, 2015 Lena♥Ribka rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of C.Cardeno, Mary Calmes and Co

Rounded up to 4 stars!

And 4 point goooooes to Shannon Gunn!!!

Well, it was much better than I expected. Sexy, witty and smart.
It reminded me of series by C.Cardeno and Mary Calmes, but- forgive me the fans of these authors!-I found L.B.Gregg much better more entertaining. What I really like here - her sense of humour that reflects perfectly in funny dialogues.

Shannon Gunn's voice makes a wet dream come true you want MORE!

I like the beginning of the series and look forward to reading MORE.
Run on t
Catherine
I think this would have been the perfect plot for a longer book, with more space for feels and meaningful conversations between Mark and Tony, but as it stands, it was still enjoyable enough.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Hard for me to like a story when i don't like any of the characters.

Jaimie you obviously weren't supposed to like

The MC (Forgot his name already) was just not likable IMO. He was stupid and handle everything poorly and just annoyed me to read about

Tony was ok until he admits why he pushed the forgettable main character away... (view spoiler)
Beck
On Amazon.com this book is marketed under the name...

Men of Smithfield: Mark and Tony.

This is a fast-paced story with a slightly hysterical queen having a major life-crisis & melt down. I did enjoy the craziness of the story & found myself snorting in laughter. Amongst the chaos & smelly landlords, there is a sweet romance too. I will definitely continue with the series to see how the romance blossoms & grows. This was a really nice read & I would recommend it to anyone who d
Desinka
This was pretty average but fun. I wasn't impressed by either characters, romance or story. It was still a fun read and it ended before I could get bored!
Marc
This series has often been recommended to me, but I kept pushing it back, because the title did do nothing for me. Might be weird, but with only two names as title my expectations were low and I wasn't hooked.

I finally did listen to the audiobook and was pleasently surprised. A great narration, a dynamic between the MCs that reminded me a bit of the MCs of the 'A Matter of Time' series, action, hot sex and a lot of fun *g*

There are also some stupid decisions by the MCs and I still don't really g
Ije the Devourer of Books
Serious but humorous

I can't remember having read many stories that feature bad break ups in all their glory. This one does and it does it very well and in a way that is authentic. It isn't angsty either but has a humorous tone although the issues dealt with are serious.

Mark discovers his boyfriend is a louse. The louse lies, cheats and steals. Mark confronts him in a way that is public, but illegal, but also comical and so the story begins.

What follows is a journey through a bad break up to a n
Natasha
2.5!
Well, this was my first audiobook.
I'm not sure I can listen to romances on audiobook because of the hilarity. I actually think this book was pretty swell and I might've even liked it more if I read it. It's not the books fault the narrator gave Tony a hilarious voice.
Also the book was cute and funny!
Nic
This was a 3.5 star story that I enjoyed via the audio version. This humorous story starts with Mark catching his cheating boyfriend and then turning to Tony, local cop and unrequited love-of-his-life, for help.

The narrator (Shannon Gunn) was excellent. The pacing was good and the story progressed at a good rate. His accents were brilliant, particularly Tony, so it was easy to differentiate the characters. The inflections and humour really came through in the narration. The sex scenes were also
Deeze
A quick easy read, told over the space of 4 days. Nothing to make it stand out, but still enjoyable.

I enjoyed Mark and Tony’s little will they wont they romance.

Jamie was a typical jerk you wanted to see get his comeuppance, which I’m glad to say he did, in more ways than one.

Overall a simple read with a touch of mystery and a few chuckles courtesy of Mark’s thought process.
Elizabetta

I loved the beginning of this. The retribution Mark gets for catching his boyfriend in their bed with another guy. There are some very funny bits in this, too. I really like Mark’s random, out of control freak-out. I don’t blame him at all.

But, the timeline in this didn’t work for me. I mean Mark and Tony have known each other, been friends, for what, thirteen years? But they were too young to get involved way back when, and there was too much going on with their families for it. They a
Camille
3.8

Audible version

I like this one best in the whole series. The funny thing is that I attempted to read this book many months ago and couldn't get past the first few chapters. Definitely lets me know that it can all come down to timing every once in a while because I really enjoyed this one.
ttg
3.5 stars – The first story in Gregg’s Men of Smithfield series, this one focusing on Mark, who just caught his live-in boyfriend cheating, and his kneejerk quest for revenge starts with “gobsmacking” his bf with a bible and then leads to dumping his now-ex’s stuff, and then careens into finding out that all his money was stolen and he’s about to be evicted. In swoops Officer Tony, stalwart friend and his crush of long ago, but Mark is still busy fuming, so isn’t too quick on the uptake as his e ...more
Susan65
Whoa...slow your jets! This story takes off at the very beginning and doesn't slow down...at all!!

Mark is pissed...his boyfriend has played him and he is not going to take it lying down, oh no...he is gonna figure out how things got so screwed up, how he could have been so blind, and exact his revenge...even if he has to walk a fine line between the law (and Tony) to do it.

Jamie is a douche, plain and simple. Did he deserve what he got? Maybe.

Tony is only guilty of not speaking up sooner and all
Gigi
Mar 05, 2015 Gigi marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me
Yikes!! So not for me! (view spoiler) ...more
Chris
Very good m/m romance about a guy who goes a little nuts after finding his boyfriend screwing their landlord in their bedroom and things start to spiral out of control. Then there's the friend he's had a crush on for years, who turns out to have a few secrets of his own...
Shirley Frances
How can you NOT read this book after reading the blurb. That scene right there was laugh-out-loud hilarious.

Mark...Mark, Mark, Mark, that is what I kept saying throughout the book. He was just so, I don't know - all over the place. He did things that were just this side of ridiculous, but funny as hell. He was foolish and impulsive. Sarcastic, funny and impulsive. So lovable and sexy and impulsive. Did I say impulsive? Well, he was. But through all that impulsiveness I could see a very funny, sa
Audrey
3.5 stars.

I liked this book, but I didn't love it. I actually enjoyed it more for the story/suspense elements than for the romance development.

THE STORY, IN BRIEF
Mark goes postal on his now-ex-boyfriend Jamie when he discovers Jamie in their bed, cheating on him with his hairy and disgusting landlord. Unfortunately, Jamie's betrayal of their relationship is only the tip of the iceberg. Jamie is in some hot water, but luckily, Mark has his longtime police officer friend, Tony, in his corner to en
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*
Well this was entertaining and funny. the opening scene was a riot!
Mark, poor Mark, a bit impulsive maybe but cute. I liked his family, the little we saw of them.
Although I'm not sure I liked Tony as much as I was supposed to.
I thought he was a bit condescending . I think I wanted to see a softer side of him and maybe a bit of groveling. His bedside manner leaves a bit to be desired too.
(view spoiler)
Arthur
None of the characters are likable. Except for the main character, everybody else cheats. And the main one simply forgives his love interest with sex. To top that, the MC has tendency to make life more difficult for himself by keep doing stupid things.
Julie
This is a big book for me this year. Not only was it my 100th read of 2010, but it was also my first m/m story that I ever read. *throws confetti* And since this was my first m/m read, you are probably thinking that there must be some back story to how I picked this particular title. Well, to that I say…of course there is!

Many of my bloggy friends read and truly enjoy the m/m genre. So I wanted to play too! I went to one of the best sources for m/m – KC from Smokin’ Hot Books. She is cookoo over
Janna
This review was originally posted at my blog on December 20, 2009

This is the first of three books in The Men of Smithfield series. The other two are Happy Ending and Cover Me and both are on my TBR pile impatiently waiting to be read, because they know I badly want to.

Seriously, Gobsmacked was a delicious read! I obviously enjoyed it for the sweet romance and hot love scenes between cuties Mark and Tony, but even more for the highly entertaining, diverting voice with which this story wa
Jenre
I have a pretty strange sense of humour. I like silly visual gags and people who are in potentially embarrassing situations. With that in mind, the opening chapter of this novella hit all my funny buttons and I laughed out loud. I mean, how could you not laugh when a gay man storms into a Catholic church during an Ash Wednesday mass, denounces his lover as a cheat and liar and proceeds to hit him over the head with a bible? It certainly got my attention, that’s for sure.

The gay man in question i
Kelan
I'm sorry, but I didn't like this book at all. Based on some of the reviews, I expected a funny and amusing story with great characters, and a cheating villain who gets his ass kicked by an MC who has the upper hand and takes his revenge. But it's nothing like that.
The first half and some parts at the end are really frustrating, when bad stuff happens and Mark is almost helpless to it. He only reacts, and his situation only gets worse, no matter what he does. The only revenge-y thing he does is
DaisyGirl
3.5 stars rounded up to 4.0

This was a funny and entertaining read. I really like L.B. Gregg's writing style. I love how the book starts. I don't condone violence, especially in a place of worship, but I'd be lying my ass off if I said that f*cker didn't have it coming. No doubt, Mark should've kicked Jamie's cheating ass when he caught those philanderers at home and been done with it; but, that ass-whooping was non-negotiable ... it had to happen ... so I say, better late than never! The fact th
  • Icecapade
  • Secrets (PsyCop, #4)
  • Deadly Nightshade (Deadly Mystery, #1)
  • Edward Unconditionally (Common Powers, #3)
  • Inland Empire (Taking the Odds, #2)
  • Snow Angel
  • A Reason To Believe
  • One of Those Days
  • A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #2)
  • True Colors (True Colors, #1)
  • Purgatory (Heaven Sent, #2)
  • When Irish Eyes Are Sparkling (O’Shaughnessys #2)
LB Gregg (Lisabea) writes fun, fast-paced contemporary male/male romances for a variety of publishers including Riptide, Samhain, and Carina Press. Her wildly successful Men of Smithfield books feature hot, hunky men looking for love in small town New England. You can find more information about LB, The Men of Smithfield, and her fun series Romano and Albright at www.lbgregg.com.
More about L.B. Gregg...

Men of Smithfield (5 books)
  • Max and Finn (Men of Smithfield #2)
  • Seth and David (Men of Smithfield, #3)
  • In and Out (Men of Smithfield, #4)
  • Sam and Aaron (Men of Smithfield, #5)
Catch Me If You Can (Romano and Albright, #1) Trust Me If You Dare (Romano and Albright, #2) How I Met Your Father Seth and David (Men of Smithfield, #3) Max and Finn (Men of Smithfield #2)