Start by marking “Beyond the White River” as Want to Read:
Beyond the White River

Beyond the White River

Faith Frisbee fled Mustang, a small western town, years ago after a devastating event that could have broken her. Now she has returned, a strong, independent, and compassionate woman, and she’s brought with her a flock of unwanted and orphaned children she’s collected the way other women gather flowers by the roadside to raise as her own on her remote farm.

Joe Condie is in
Published August 1st 2012 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the White River, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond the White River

Marnae
Jul 08, 2015 Marnae rated it liked it
Surprisingly good for LDS historical romance. One of the better ones I've read. Definitely geared toward an LDS audience, though. There were definitely some flaws, but I enjoyed it quite a bit overall.
Kathryn
Jan 12, 2013 Kathryn rated it really liked it
really enjoyed this story. It's always good to remember that someone elses trials are ones that you wouldn't want to trade with and this story is an example of that.

Faith Frisbee left Mustang Wyoming 7 years ago and returned to run her father's farm after his passing. She didn't return by herself though. She brought home 8 boys and not all her natural born either. It was said around town that she collected them as someone collects flowers or stray animals...she did this with children. Joe Condie
Annalisa
Oct 15, 2012 Annalisa rated it liked it
I saw this book in the Seagull Book catalog and it caught my interest. There are some depressing elements but it is a cozy romance filled with lessons in compassion and forgiveness.

Amazon Book Description:
Faith Frisbee fled Mustang, a small western town, years ago after a devastating event that could have broken her. Now she has returned, a strong, independent, and compassionate woman, and she's brought with her a flock of unwanted and orphaned children she's collected the way other women gather
Shellie
Aug 11, 2013 Shellie rated it liked it
Faith Frisbee is a young woman with many boys! She 'picks up strays' along the way, willing to give love to any child who needs it. Joe Condie is a rough and tumble farmer who is unwilling to let Miss Frisbee go on with out the help of a man. He goes out of his way to do things for her, simply to be kind, and she is anything but receptive. Used to doing things on her own, she is at first unwilling to accept the help. As time goes one, Faith warms up to Joe and he learns why she is the way she ...more
Adrienne
May 26, 2016 Adrienne rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I liked this overall, but I didn't find it quite believable that pretty much any man besides Joe would try to help Faith just to try to "tumble" her. I mean, I can believe some men would be like that, but really, no one else from Faith's church would help, just for the sake of being neighborly or charitable? I was just so skeptical on that part of the story that it would kinda jolt me out of my reading and enjoying the rest of the book as much as I would've liked.
Pdoe
Dec 03, 2013 Pdoe rated it liked it
A light read. I enjoyed the main character and the attention to details. Too often writers seem to think babies and children are just on pause when they're not on-screen. That's not so and if you arrest a nursing mother provision has to be made. Kristen McKendry doesn't lose track of things like that.
Jan
Apr 29, 2013 Jan rated it liked it
I would actually rate this as a 3+. It is an entertaining book. This author doesn't research very well so some things she writes don't add up if you are familiar with the context of her stories (here it was farm life). If those kinds of things bother you, you probably won't enjoy it, but I will read her books again.
Kristen
Apr 26, 2013 Kristen rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries, 2013
Faith Frisbee ran away from town. Now she is back with eight orphan sons. Joe Condie, new to town is intrigued by this beautiful woman. He starts to puraue her, but she isn't cooperative at first.

A friend loaned this book to me. It has been a nice escape from the stress of the week.
Meghan
Apr 10, 2014 Meghan rated it liked it
I liked it, a nice book you don't really have to dwell on, but the ending could have been so much better! It just kind of cut off, I wanted to know how everything would turn out! It was all cleaned up and ended too quickly.
Tiffany
Aug 06, 2013 Tiffany rated it liked it
3 stars because the the woman with orphan children was a new and interesting idea for me in this genera and I enjoyed the story. Don't know if I quite buy into it all or find it realistic or believable, but it was a quick light read.
Debbie
Nov 14, 2012 Debbie rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. This book has orphans, intrigue, murder, flooding, and other things. It is a good book.
I love that this story isn't the same typical story...lady alone in the west on the prowl for a husband. There is a little mystery, a good romance and story of forgiveness. Fun read.
Suzan
Nov 02, 2012 Suzan rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-fiction
Probably 3.5 stars but will round it up. I liked Faith's fiesty and strong personality and the love she had for her 'stray' kids.
Ines
Oct 18, 2012 Ines rated it it was amazing

I loved this story and the fact that it was written from the male point of view. Joe is my new hero and Faith my new heroin.
Carla
Oct 08, 2012 Carla rated it really liked it
Having a male perspective was different for a clean romance but it was a good story with some unexpected twists.
Celeste
Sep 19, 2012 Celeste rated it it was ok
This is Mormon historical fiction. I liked the main character, but the chemistry in the romance wasn't believable. It was a good enough story, but it wasn't great.
Suzana
Sep 04, 2012 Suzana rated it liked it
I liked it, but I wished Kristen gave us Faith's perspective instead of just Joe's. I felt like I was missing some important information.
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2015
Kristen
Oct 30, 2012 Kristen rated it did not like it
Didn't finish, too predictable.
Chantel Percival
Chantel Percival rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2013
Megann
Megann rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2013
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2016
Alisha
Alisha rated it it was ok
Feb 07, 2013
Monica
Monica rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Lisa
Sep 11, 2012 Lisa rated it liked it
Quick fast easy read.
Rebecca
Nov 16, 2012 Rebecca rated it it was ok
I didn't like this one as much as I thought I might. It was a bit predictable.
Jun 24, 2014 Laura rated it it was ok
Not that great.
Whittney Black
Apr 26, 2013 Whittney Black rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, but I wish the author did more with the end.
Tammy Niederhauser
Tammy Niederhauser rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2012
Elaine Dransfield
Elaine Dransfield rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Heirs of Southbridge
  • Deadly Undertakings
  • Safe Haven
  • Code Word
  • Paige (The Newport Ladies Book Club)
  • Daisy (The Newport Ladies Book Club)
  • Before the Dawn
  • Switchback
  • The Shaken Earth
  • A Distant Shore (Shadows of Brierley, #3)
  • Uneasy Fortunes
  • Cameron Meets Madison
  • Enduring Light (Borrowed Light #2)
  • Out of Nowhere
  • A Blind Eye
  • Christmas Rose
  • Within the Dark Hills
  • The Heart Only Knows
Kristen McKendry began writing in her teens and her work has been published in Canada and the U.S. She holds a Bachelors Degree in Linguistics from Brigham Young University and has always been a voracious reader.

Kristen has a strong interest in urban agriculture, sustainable living, environmental issues, and the local foods movement. She incorporates these themes in her writing, and she also lets
More about Kristen McKendry...