Start by marking “Maskarada szaleńców (The Morganville Vampires, #4)” as Want to Read:
Maskarada szaleńców (The Morganville Vampires, #4)

Maskarada szaleńców (The Morganville Vampires #4)

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  43,852 Ratings  ·  1,160 Reviews
It was hard to imagine how Claire’s day could get any worse... And then the vampires holding her hostage wanted breakfast.

In the town of Morganville, vampires and humans have learnt to live in relative peace. Still, Claire Danvers knows that after dark, her homework can take a backseat to staying alive. But this tenuous harmony is turned on its head with the arrival of Mr
Published October 9th 2009 by Amber (first published June 3rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Maskarada szaleńców, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Alkyoni

Ok. Let me begin with the negative stuff because I really want to be done with it asap and then go on about how amazing this book was.

We get such an awesome plot and characters, would it be too much to ask for some consistency in the world building too? At first, vampires needed an invitation to enter the Glass House. I get that. Then, the humans needed an invitation instead. I get that too. Now everybody’s strolling in and out like nobody’s business and it’s driving me nuts!

Also, I know that wr
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4 Not All Parties Are Fun Stars

After having to fight for their lives with crazy vampires and even crazier anti-vampire fanatics nothing should be able to scare our heroes anymore, until a strange vampire walks through their door. A vampire so bad that even the worst vampires in Morganville seem to be afraid of, one who claims to be Amelie's father. Who knew the Ice Queen actually had family that was even scarier than her?

The vampire isn't alone. He has with him 2 extra vampires way too dangerous
Jess
Jan 23, 2012 Jess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"Will you swear?" And Myrnin said, shockingly "I will." And he proceeded to, a string of swear words that made Claire blink. He ended with, '-frothy fool-born apple-john! Cheater of vandals and defiler of dead dogs!" and did another twirl and a bow.

Well Feast of Fools, definitely isn't a filler book. Although slow in the middle, it was probably the best one yet! Do these just keep getting better? Hmm...interesting.

I loved every minute of this one. I think it's safe to say I love Myrnin more now,
Arlene
Feast of Fools is the fourth installment of the Morganville Vampire Series, and it was a bit slower placed than the first three books. However, it did deliver an explosive ending with a signature series cliffhanger. I’ve become vested in the main characters of this series, which includes Claire, Shane, Eve and Michael. I like how their actions and loyalty toward each other remains consistent from book to book, and it was nice to see Shane begin to accept Michael as a vampire.

In this book, three
J.Elle
Nov 02, 2010 J.Elle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As these books continue, I find I am less and less concerned with what will happen to Morganville and its' inhabitants and more concerned with when Shane is going to break and finally "do" Claire. Not that I condone that sort of thing, but it's a book and seriously, there is only so much tension you can build in a book before it starts to get repetitive. So, my unauthorized and likely, unwanted, opinion is, let it happen or kill Shane off. Finally, the other beef I have is that the reader is lef ...more
Karin
Rachel Caine has done it again. She starts FEAST OF FOOLS like she does the other books in the Morgenville Vampire series - right in the middle of the action which grabs you by the hair, yanks you in, and won’t let go until the story is over.

At the end of MIDNIGHT ALLEY, the foursome living in the Glass House gets some unexpected visitors in the form of Claire’s parents and (in Buffy the Vampire Slayer Speak) the Big Bad - Mr. Bishop A.K.A. Amelie’s “father.” With him in town there has to be tro
Carrie
Dec 11, 2015 Carrie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feast of Fools is the fourth book in the Morganville Vampire series. Again it picks up right where the previous book had left off. Claire's parents have moved to town adding more people for Claire to worry about. A few new vampires have shown up that don't seem to have the best of intentions.

With all books in a series I try to keep my reviews a bit vague as I don't want to add much in that would spoil things but with this particular book there wasn't much to even talk about. Easily the slowest
Shakira
one of the best in the series loved the whole bishop scene a truly brilliant villian
Anzu The Great Destroyer
No review for this one because I am le lazy. Great book, this series keeps getting better and better. I am pleased. Now off to read the fifth one.
Brooke
May 07, 2009 Brooke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Feast of Fools starts off where Midnight Alley left off. The Glass house has been taken over by a vampire, Mr. Bishop, who claims to be Amelie's father. He has big plans for the humans and vampires of Morganville, and he, along with his evil cronies, will do whatever it takes to put them into motion. It all comes down to the masked ball where the vampires bring human dates. Who will pledge loyalty to Mr. Bishop, and who will stick with Amelie?

I really enjoy anything that Rachel Caine writes. All
Heather
Jul 14, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of YA, vampire books, and the Twilight series.
This is the 4th book in a YA series written by Rachel Caine (she does the Weather Warden series as well).

This book has the same romantic tension between Claire and Shane- along with some sinister events happening in the town of Morganville.

Morganville is a town where vampires live freely among humans- with humans being kept (for lack of a better word) by various vampires. Some are good, most are bad, and all the humans are doing is trying to survive!

A fun installment that has quite a cliff-ha
Nic
Rachel Caine hasn't let me down yet. Again another amazing installment in the Morganville Vampires Series.

In the fourth book we find out more of the secrets of Morganville and find out what Bishop wants. There is never a moment of peace but that makes for one fantastic read. The characters are brilliant as always and it was good to see Myrnin was in this book. I love Claire and Shane's relationship, their moments together always bring a smile to my face.

Awesome series. A must read!
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)

This was an okay story, but I have to admit that I was bored for the majority of it.

The main characters in this were all okay, although once again Claire was fairly happy to walk head-first into danger without a care. It was also a little frustrating when the gang automatically thought that Michael would be able to protect them – he’s the youngest vampire for pity’s sake!

The storyline in this just didn’t really interest me. Again it took place over a relativel
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Ending: 8

Total: 6

In Dept

Best Part:
Stupid cliffhanger keeps me going.
Worst Part: Everything before the cliffhanger
Thoughts Had: Dumb; Dumber; Ugh

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
ugh.
Recommending: not really

Short Review: This book is 25% sexual tension. 25% all of them being b*thces towa
Maura
Oct 24, 2009 Maura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Wow I seem to be giving out Maura's Choice a lot. That's sort of funny, but really I haven't read any books so far that I haven't enjoy thoroughly. But if I have to give a 4 stars to any books in the Morganville Vampire Series, it would have to be Feast of Fools. Anyways for anyone who knows me, you'll know that my favorite book series of all time is Morganville Vampire Series. I just love all the action, sarcasm, and Rachel Caine's clever writing. What can I say the whole book series is fast pa
Jen
I was a little reluctant to give 5 stars... but if I'm going to give a perfect review to any MV book thus far, it must be Feast of Fools.
I mean, this book was nonstop action. I literally found every idle moment I could to crack open FoF and devour as many words as I could.
Amelie's father is a mean, relentless, cold-blooded man, and will apparently stop at nothing to claim that which he wants.

Watching Claire mature is something so rare in teen novels... and really, in any novel. It seems so man
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Talk about tension! It started off tense and of course, ends on yet another cliffhanger. So much happens. I don't even know what to say. Plenty of angst all around and now, even more danger with Claire's parents in town.

Truly, Morganville goes to hell in a handbasket in this volume when Amelie's Father comes to town. He's a douche. So are the vamps he brings with him. Totally hate that bitch Ysandre and her constant come-ons to Shane. Francois is no better.

Jason---will someone kill this guy alre
Heather
May 01, 2010 Heather rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-books, 2010-books
Rebecca McNutt
At first glance this book looked really intriguing, but I ended up finding it rather vulgar and morbid, with unnecessary crude humor and pages full of nothing but blood and gore. Proof that anything can be published these days regardless of its content quality... :-\
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)

Claire’s parents have moved into town and want her to move in with them; however, (on top of her worrying about their safety in a place filled with vampires) she has to tell them that she wants to stay in the Glass house instead. However an ancient vampire, Mr Bishop, has arrived in town and is having a party and Morganville will soon realise that the vampires they already have are not as bad as they could be. This
Ivana Ciglar
Aug 02, 2014 Ivana Ciglar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone

Tension, mystery and bite-your-nails laugh-out-loud situations...

“Jealous?"

"Maybe."

"No reason. I like my ladies with a pulse.”

Sooo.... wow... again (don't hate me) I've read it in one sitting, I can't help it. Once you start it sucks you in and just when you are about to take a break, something outrageous happens and you sit your lovely butt back down and continue with the story.

I'm not going to trouble you too much with the plot as to not to reveal too much of the storyline.

Plot .

Mysterious Mr
Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)
I wanted to read Feast of Fools because The Morganville Vampire series has become an addiction lately, and I had to know what was happening with Claire the main character, how she would be selfless and help her friends. I also wanted to see more of her romance with Shane, because I think they are a great compliment to one another.

In this one we have new players in town. Amelie's dad and his entourage come in and take a special interest in Claire and the Glass House. They were scary and imposi
Trisha
Sep 17, 2013 Trisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-physical
"Feast," Miranda said again, "You're all fools, all fools - don't let him trick you."

amazing. Like, "keep you on the edge of your seat and your pulse racing" good.

I couldn't turn the pages quick enough. I absolutely devoured and LOVED this one.

Shane, Claire, Michael and Eve. They can't catch a break. I can't wait for them to get some wins!

Denise
Aug 11, 2012 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I nearly woke up the whole house laughing!
Lorna
Sep 26, 2015 Lorna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 stars (RabidReads.com)If I thought the going got tough in book three of this series, Midnight Alley, I sure didn’t have any idea how even more tough things were going to get in the fourth book of this totally addicting series.

Claire is still sixteen-almost seventeen-and has just found out that her parents have moved to Morganville, something that really horrifies Claire. Here she thought they were safe in another part of Texas, only to have them move to what has to be the scariest place on
Abbie
May 04, 2014 Abbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Original rating: 4

Feast of Fools was an okay read, but it started to drag after a few chapters.

The main characters could all be stupid at times, and i was often annoyed by them.
I really can't see why i loved them so much when i first read the series. They're annoying, stupid, and boring.

The one person that has lived up to my past thoughts are Monica, but that isn't in a good way.
She gets into everyone's business, she's a bitch, and she's defiantly the most annoying character in the book!

Overall
Faith McKay
I wasn't really sure about the beginning in this one, but I ended up really liking it a lot. And it left me extremely excited for the next one!
☀Rachael☀
Nov 17, 2013 ☀Rachael☀ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series has definitely grown on me! Claire doesn't annoy me at all now and with only 5mins of mean girls I really enjoyed this one!
Bethnoir
It truly is a wonder the main character survives the first chapter let alone the book. Really there is only so much sleep you can do without and head injuries you can sustain without recuperation time, but I do like Claire in this book, she's much more grown up and powerful. I love the insane clown vampire Myrnin, he steals the book for me, looking forward to reading about him. However I'm not sold on Claire's boyfriend and the way characters just sit in a box until they're needed to move the pl ...more
Bree
All I can say is that if you find yourself dragging your way through this series - which I can't really imagine cause it's just fabulous, let be real - but if you have, I can assure you, this ending is undeniably, irrevocably and wholeheartedly worth the four book wait. It just slamdunks this series into a whole new league of legendary.
Whoever said "third times the charm" needs to reevaluate his/hers life choices and recognise that the fourth time needs to be celebrated too because THIS BOOK, MA
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles, #4)
  • Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)
  • The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5)
  • Legacy (Vampire Beach, #4)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • Huntress (Night World, #7)
  • Biting the Bullet (Jaz Parks, #3)
  • Pride (Shifters, #3)
  • Bad to the Bone (WVMP Radio, #2)
  • The Mage in Black (Sabina Kane, #2)
  • Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)
  • Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)

“I'm gonna kill him," Eve said, or at least that was what it sounded like filtered through the pillow.
Stake him right in the heart, shove garlic up his ass, and-and-"

And what?" (Michael)

When did you get home?" Claire demanded.

Apparently just in time to hear my funeral plans. I especially like the garlic up the ass. It's...different.”
1074 likes
“Crap, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"I'm thinking we have about fifteen vampires and no blood," Claire said. "Is that it?"

"No, I was thinking we're out of chips. Of course that's what I was thinking.”
591 likes