Start by marking “The General's Lover (Assassin/Shifter, #7)” as Want to Read:
The General's Lover (Assassin/Shifter, #7)

The General's Lover (Assassin/Shifter #7)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  1,072 ratings  ·  73 reviews
Special Agent James Pruitt as been in love with one man for years, the gorgeous - and possibly straight - General Derek Jacobs. All he wants is for Derek to return his love, but the general's career comes first and he keeps an emotional distance. When Derek asks James to go on vacation with him, it seems that the dream is about to come true.

Bad-ass General Derek Jacobs is
Published July 30th 2012 by Sandrine Gasq-Dion

To ask other readers questions about The General's Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The General's Lover

A Strong Hand by Catt FordInvicta by Piper KaySecrets, Skin and Leather by Sean MichaelNotturno by Z.A. MaxfieldDouble Full by Kindle Alexander
Sexiest Gay Romance Book Covers
60th out of 421 books — 553 voters
Zero at the Bone by Jane SevilleWarrior's Cross by Madeleine UrbanMexican Heat by Laura BaumbachEvenfall by Santino HassellLuck in the Shadows by Lynn Flewelling
Best Gay Assassins and Spies
54th out of 165 books — 414 voters

More lists with this book...

¸. • * ° *❧Gwen❧ •°**★
2.5 Stars
I've waited since forever for these two to get together~

This started off really good, the plot was done very well~Ikind of enjoyed this one it was filled with so much action...

BUT...

Ugg...she did it again~poor word choices like "Riley smilled and made kissy lips","he giggles and he chuckles" ugh... gives this book a YA feel...I'm so NOT liking that feel in these books it just dosen't fit when your speaking of "BAD-ASS *MEN" with guns...

Another problem* I* had was the world building, in
Purplegirl
I have been waiting for James and Derek's story and always hoped that Sandrine would do right by them. I must say that she did an excellent job. It was just the right amount of tension that these two have had throughout the previous books, but not too much. I loved that they got together in enough time that we are able to see them in their relationship. I just loved it. This is a great series! Oh, extra points for the HOT cover :)
Nile Princess
Hmm, not too sure how I feel about this one.

More like 2.5ish because I ended up skimming alot.

First, the good: I LOVE Derek (well for about 75% of the book) and would like one of him delivered to my door, stat! Loved that James stood up for himself and I loved their interaction, the foreboding when James went into A'stan and Derek's complete freak out when he was hurt.

Once they got together, though, I didn't really care so much. I skipped their sex scene, and pretty much skimmed anything after
Silkeeeeee
First off, I love this cover. It's about the sexiest I've seen. I'm a hair disappointed in this story. I kind of figured there'd be some angst or a little more chemistry. I think it's because James didn't feel like the same James in tw other books. I'm not sure. I can't put my finger on it. Still lots of sex and lots of the team around. ...more
T.M. Smith
The men that make up the deadliest team of assassins, more affectionately known as The Skull Blasters, have never hidden the fact that they are gay, that would include their own unique version of James Bond.. better known as Special Agent James Pruitt. Hell, most of them are married, a few of them to werewolves no less!

Their fearless leader, General “fuck it” Derek Jacobs, not so much. He’s never denied that he was gay, but he’s never admitted it either. That is until the love of his life, James
Hilcia
I found that this book had an unbelievable worldbuilding (a mix of contemporary and paranormal) with spies, macho men, Russian Mafia, and some shifters? My biggest problem though is that the many male characters in this series are all gay(even the straight ones turn out to be gay), and they are all couples who want babies and live in the suburbs. However, they are also killers and spies who go on secret military and non-military missions.

That's the plotting, which by the way sounds like initial
Susan
I have actually been able to finish this!
description

What I liked about the other books were definitely the shifters. No shifters in this one... The assassins are cool, but a bit boring. I like my men to be more in touch with their animal side.
description

This book concentrates on the couple we knew should be together from the start, but were to pigheaded to admit it: James and Derek.
Derek is making plans to retire from the military because he has finally admitted he cannot live without James. But just when he is going
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
4.5 stars. This was my favorite of the series so far. I've loved these two from the very beginning, and it was great to see Derek finally getting with the program. When he finally does, these guys are really hot together.

Lucas was really funny and sweet in this book. Always great to see the rest of the gang. We even get to see a little bit of the other team of hotties, which leads to what I'm hoping to be one intense story of Keegan and Vince.
Janet
James really came off as a pathetic doormat. This was my least favorite of the series, who waits around on a guy for SIX years? Taking all their calls and being available for them year after platonic year and I never got a good excuse why it took the Geneal so long to step up. All that pining away seemed pathetic to me, James' friends should have been encouraging him to get a life not sit around and wait for some guy who obviously didn't want him all that much.
Crys Harris
This is the most farfetched nonsense I've read in a while. Everyone's gay?! Pining for someone for six years? I could not concentrate on the words because my eyes were rolling around in my head so much. James, grow a pair.
Veronica /  V
This is one of my favourite series, every book is such a delightful read.
The characters are charming indeed.
I hope there will be plenty sequels to come.
Susan65
Loved it. My favorite of the series so far. A lot more action, a bit of everything and it was awesome.
Michi Rosa
Hope this series get as big as Hagen's Brac Pack!!

Candice
You know what Derek Jacobs, get your head out of your ass! Seriously. Oh man. I wanted to bitch slap you so many times.

Good for James for sticking up for himself. 6 years is a long time to wait for someone who doesn't want you, or so James thinks.

I've said this before and I will say it again, it takes a hell of a person to be married to anyone in service, whether it be military, law enforcement, medical, fire, etc. One there will always be homophobic assholes and two they are most likely married
Sherryt
Okay, this is ridiculous. Every book by this author is so damn good I can't wait for the next one! General Derek Jacobs is finally ready to be with the one man he loves, but things don't go so smoothly for James and Derek (And really, if you've been reading this series, when has it ever?) We get a look at Vicious Vince Markov in this one and his merry band of killers as well. The sneak peek for Russian Prey was just CRUEL!!!! The earlier books had some punctuation mistakes and such but I over-lo ...more
Lorraine Lesar
Have to say that out of all the books that I have read in this addictive series, this was my least favourite, I have to admit - I was disappointed! The build-up between Derek and James has been phenomenal in the earlier books and I couldn't wait to read their story but I felt let down by the author - she never really explained the "why six years." to my satisfaction, I wanted so much more and the author failed to deliver it. Another problem as a reader, was the storyline about Lucas and James. I ...more
Tracy
This was another excellent book in the Assassin/Shifter series. I have been watching the tension build between Derek and James in the other books and was extremely happy when I realised they were finally going to try and get there act together in this book. I am absolutely loving this series and each book just seems to reel me in that little bit more!!
Highly recommended!!
Phaney
Feb 02, 2014 Phaney rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Mostly bored. Didn’t like Derek, and James was so-so.

You’ve known each other for six years, huh? Dude, it’s been way longer than that, since even book three and book one took place way before the beginning of those “six years”.
Okay, clearly I need to read every further volume in this series as a completely new universe and take everything as is. It’s the only way to retain what is left of my sanity.

So we get military/mercenary action in this one! Mind you, it’s not particularly convincing but at
Lasha
Be prepared for a lot of giggling. Shame, as this was the couple I was looking forward to reading about.
Georgine
It felt like I waited ages for Derek and James' story!!! It was really good (as we expected)...

Stephanie
One of my favorites so far in the series.
Shona Kimi
finally james gets his man
Heidi Ryan
I loved this book because the love between James and Derek has been in quite a few of the books and this was a great completion of their story. Each of the books in the series focuses on one pairing while giving out tidbits about the other members of this group of Skull Blasters and their werewolf group of friends.
Derek Jacobs is a career military man who now runs the Skull Blaster group within the government. He has tried to deny he is gay or at least not announce it to the military. But since
Felicia (Ferishia)
This was the book in the series that I was waiting to read every since the two characters were introduced.

James and Derek, aka The General have had feeling for each other for a very long time. James is openly gay but Derek is not, due to his military status. Pretty much all of the men on his assassin team knew how Derek feels about James and vice versa and they were more than ok with it. Derek, however is reluctant to both claim James and admit he is gay. He is forced to seriously re-think this
Pati
I must say that while I was happy to finally get to read James' and Derek's story I was very disappointed and surprised with the length of the story. I purchased this book on Amazon and according to Amazon's product page it was supposedly 342 pages....more than the earlier ones but still not a bad price at $3.99. Then I see according to it's listing here on GRs that it's 223 pages.... hmmmm.... wondered about that but still purchased it though because I have loved this series so far. However, on ...more
Not a great book. The author has written an extremely unrealistic M/M story. This is about an elite group of military elite trained soldiers and alpha group yet the husbands are described as giggling and EVERYONE is gay...even the straight guys. Would not recommend this book or series. Also the author does not transition from scene to scene or through time well...jarring to follow at times.
Janie
Freaking finally! I have waited for so long for James and Derek to finally get together. It has been talked about for so many books that now that I finally got it, it just wasn't as exciting as I wished. Derek is finally owning up to loving James, but o my after he thought he'd lost him. And James turned out to be much more than anyone ever thought, he is just so sexy.
  • Latakia
  • The Runaway Cat (Cloverleah Pack #2)
  • Strength of the Mate (The Tameness of the Wolf, #3)
  • Beyond Duty (Beyond Duty, #1)
  • Rise & Fall (THIRDS, #4)
  • Crucible of Fate (Change of Heart, #4)
  • Backwoods Asylum (Lost Shifters #1)
  • Timber Pack Chronicles (Timber Pack Chronicles, #1)
  • A Sinner Born (Brooklyn Sinners, #3)
  • 500 Miles (500 Miles 1, An MLR Mixed Tape)
  • From Pack to Pride (Supernatural Mates #1)
  • Sidelined (Southern Scrimmage #2)
  • Long Time Gone (Hell or High Water, #2)
  • A Cold Winter's Day (Brac Pack, #25)
  • Shifter Cowboy (Uncommon Cowboys #2)
  • Cold (Cold, #1)
  • Micah's Refuge (Pack Mates, #2)
  • In Your Eyes (Mates #3)
5619151
I have been blessed in this life to not only have parents that support me, but kids that do as well. I grew up in a loving but "Old School" French household. My parents worked for the airlines (TWA) so I was able to see a lot of Europe as a kid. I moved to Seattle Washington at the age of 22 and stayed there for twelve years before moving to Alaska for a little over two. Fairbanks, AK was one hell ...more
More about Sandrine Gasq-Dion...

Assassin/Shifter (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • A Marked Man (Assassin/Shifter,  #1)
  • Alaska, With Love (Assassin/Shifter, #2)
  • By the light of the Moon  (Assassin/Shifter, #3)
  • Half Moon Rising (Assassin/Shifter, #4)
  • Best Laid Plans (Assassin/Shifter, #5)
  • For the Love of Caden  (Assassin/Shifter, #6)
  • Russian Prey (Assassin/Shifter, #8)
  • An Ignited Passion (Assassin/Shifter, #9)
  • Reflash (Assassin/Shifter, #10)
  • The Red Zone (Assassin/Shifter, #11)
A Marked Man (Assassin/Shifter,  #1) Alaska, With Love (Assassin/Shifter, #2) By the light of the Moon  (Assassin/Shifter, #3) Russian Prey (Assassin/Shifter, #8) Half Moon Rising (Assassin/Shifter, #4)