Start by marking “The Nurse He Shouldn't Notice” as Want to Read:
The Nurse He Shouldn't Notice

The Nurse He Shouldn't Notice

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Dr. Court Armstrong is running from the past, a flight that takes him straight to the doorstep of a Ghanaian hospital and Nurse Maggie Everett. Working with firebrand Maggie is a challenge Court relishes every second of, but he's in her world now—and he'll have to keep his distance if he wants his heart to survive intact….
Published August 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Nurse He Shouldn't Notice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Nurse He Shouldn't Notice

Brenda
This was a quick read for me, in between some books I knew were going to take longer to read. I won this book and it seemed like the usual Harlequin to me. I don't know why I seem to write off the Harlequin's I'm always surprised when I find one that is really intersting. This one took place at a Ghanian hospital. There was a nurse there, the head nurse Maggie who had made it her life to live there and make sure the people had someone they could count on that wouldn't leave them. The hospital is ...more
Nas Dean

THE NURSE HE SHOULDN'T NOTICE by author Susan Carlise is a Harlequin Mills & Boon Medical series release for August 2012.

Maggie Everett is working in a mission hospital with very primitive facilities and equipment in Ghana. So when Dr Court Armstrong comes in from the Armstrong Foundation to survey the hospital for monetary help, he is attracted to the very independent Maggie.But working with Maggie brings him closer to the people. He was running away from personal contact with people, wasn'
Kimberly
I've been a bad blogger again, sometime last year Susan Carlisle was kind enough to send me The Nurse He Shouldn't Notice and before I got a chance to read and review it, it accidentally got packed up and put in storage. However, just before I went away on vacation recently I found the box it was in and took it with me.

I really loved The Nurse He Shouldn't Notice, I'm a fan of the Harlequin Medical Romance line and I'm always saying that there should be more romance novels set in Africa so thi
Yazmin
The Nurse He Shouldn’t Notice is a sweet romance that will touch your heart.

Dr. Court Armstrong goes to Ghana after receiving a request to reconsider the hospital for fund from the Armstrong Foundation. Bu he not only goes there to see for himself if they really need the assistance requested, he is also running from his past.

Maggie Everett is the head nurse in the hospital in Ghana. After being labeled imperfect and being abandoned by her fiancée two weeks before her wedding, she finds more acce
Book Reading Gals
Title: The Nurse He Shouldn't Notice

Author: Susan Carlisle

Genre: Contemporary HQN Medical Romance

Ever since I discovered the PILES of HQN category romances at my little library
Lynn Spencer
I'd actually give this 3.5 stars. I read medical romances from time to time, and the unusual setting of this one caught my eye. The heroine, Maggie, works as a nurse in a remote hospital in Ghana. As the book opens, we learn that her hospital desperately needs funds, but has been turned down for a grant by the Armstrong Foundation. When Dr. Court Armstrong shows up to work at the hospital, she is somewhat less than welcoming.

Maggie assumes Court will be a spoiled rich boy, but his willingness t
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

The oppressive heat, the urgency, then the tingle and heart jump as a “fine-looking specimen” of an American man steps off the plane in Ghana, West Africa reels the reader into a compelling story of a place far from the comforts of America, but a place that owns Maggie’s heart. She’s needed and appreciated there.

Dr. Court Armstrong is CEO of Armstrong Foundation in Boston, the group that turned down Maggie’s request for aid for the ho
Debbie
Sep 02, 2012 Debbie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who love exotic settings and medical romance
The Nurse He Shouldn’t Notice grabbed me from the beginning with its setting of a mission hospital in Northern Ghana and its heroine, nurse Maggie Everett, who holds the facility together on a shoestring and has a soft spot for an orphan boy. When Dr. Court Armstrong, a family representative of the philanthropic foundation that recently denied Maggie’s desperately-needed charitable grant, unexpectedly shows up at the primitive airstrip where plucky Maggie has gone to pick up her summer nursing ...more
Carolyn
I don't usually read romance novels but I was lucky enough to win this Autographed copy through Goodreads Giveaways. Thank-you.

I really enjoyed the story, firstly it was set in a remote village and secondly I found the characters believable. I didn't really like the soppy parts but I did love the story line.

It showed just how hard for some places in the world that getting basic medical needs is extremely difficult. One because of the remote location and secondly that doctors and nurses don't sta
Dawn
There is instant attraction between Court and Maggie but they both have issues to resolve before they can open their hearts to one another. And there’s also the issue of him only being in Ghana as a temporary doctor and Maggie would never leave somewhere that she is so needed.

The developing relationship between them and the care that Maggie feels for others, especially a young orphan boy whom she wants to adopt, is well written. The thoughts and emotions of the main characters are expressed well
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
The Nurse He Shouldn’t Notice is a sweet romance that will touch your heart.

The story is sweet and with lots of depth, and it’s based on Africa with American characters. It shows the needs of other cultures that we don’t always know about or want to realize. As well of the lengths that people will go to heal themselves as well as to help others heal both physically and emotionally.

To read complete review Click Here
Kourtney
Kourtney marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Kiri
Kiri marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Mariana
Mariana marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Linchel Sparkles
Linchel Sparkles marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Divya Augustine
Divya Augustine is currently reading it
Nov 30, 2014
M
M added it
Nov 19, 2014
Diane Peterson
Diane Peterson marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Cselempo
Cselempo marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
  • The Striker's Chance
  • A Promise for Miriam (The Pebble Creek Amish, #1)
  • One Tiny Miracle
  • Desire in the Dark
  • Tying the Knot (Deep Haven, #2)
  • Back on Track
  • A World Without Faith (The Guardians Chronicles, #2)
  • At His Mercy
  • The M.D.'s Secret Daughter (Safe Harbour Medical, #9)
  • Trust In Me (Rancho Del Cielo, #5)
  • Newborn Baby For Christmas
  • A Suitable Wife (Sweetwater Springs, #1)
  • Neighbors and More (High Rise #1)
  • Heart Emergency
  • A Family Forever
  • Christmas Unplugged
  • Lucky 13 (Deadlines & Diamonds, #4)
  • Kissing Santa
Susan Carlisle’s love affair with books began when she made a bad grade in math in the sixth grade. Not allowed to watch TV until she brought the grade up, Susan filled her time with books. She turned her love of reading into a passion for writing. With over ten books published with Harlequin Mills and Boon’s medical line, she is still writing hot romances with sexy docs and the strong women that ...more
More about Susan Carlisle...
NYC Angels: The Wallflower's Secret Heart Surgeon, Hero...Husband? Snowbound With Dr. Delectable Hot-Shot Doc Comes to Town His Best Friend's Baby (Midwives On-Call #6)