Start by marking “Treasure Island & Kidnapped” as Want to Read:
Treasure Island & Kidnapped

Treasure Island & Kidnapped

Before Captain Jack Sparro and The Pirates of the Caribbean, there were Treasure Island and Kidnapped. Two novels of derring-do and adventure among pirates on the high seas. Thrill with our young heroes as they swashbuckle through one adventure after another. Collected here together are the two books that all other pirate adventures are measured against.
Published February 25th 2007 by Wilder Publications (first published 1886)

To ask other readers questions about Treasure Island & Kidnapped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treasure Island & Kidnapped

Samantha
Jun 18, 2013 Samantha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One day, a captain shows up at the "Admiral Benbow" inn, and he makes his home there. He is a private man, and a fierce one. Upon his death, the young Jim Hawkins finds himself in possession of a treasure map. Then he is off, sailing across the ocean for the island. However, things take a dangerous turn when Jim overhears a nefarious plot, and finds himself in danger from pirates. Trapped on an island, will he and his friends survive? And who will end up with the buried treasure?

I loved this boo
Keila
May 20, 2016 Keila rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No por nada tiene la fama que tiene!

Es un libro de una aventura de piratas, bribones, aventuras, engaños, muerte, motines, etc. Es una historia que te atrapa, que necesitas saber qué va a pasar después.
Sus personajes son muuuy buenos y variados, y la forma en que esta escrita es muy fácil de entender, tiene 6 partes y 34 capítulos que se leen bastante fácil.
En fin, una historia increíble donde el suspenso, la aventura y el mar son los protagonistas.
Lisa
Sep 11, 2016 Lisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lisa by: Sonlight Homeschool Curriculum
Classic story of pirates hunting for buried treasure on a deserted island. Takes place in the mid 1700s. The language is hard to understand sometimes, but the basic storyline is great, and includes the usual suspects: Long John Silver, the parrot squawking incessantly, "Pieces of eight!", drunken sailors . . .
Olethros
May 10, 2013 Olethros rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
-Marcando unos compases éticos para su tipo de propuesta que siguen perdurando hoy en día.-

Género. Novela.

Lo que nos cuenta. Jim es un muchacho que trabaja en la posada de la familia, en la que debe tomar un papel más protagónico a la muerte de su padre. Uno de sus huéspedes, el marinero inquietante y bebedor Billy Bones, está preocupado por la posible visita de alguno de sus viejos amigos y promete a Jim una moneda de plata cada mes si está vigilante ante la llegada de un marinero con una sola
Brandy Idsinga
Mona Cashman
Sep 29, 2014 Mona Cashman rated it it was amazing
a great book
Vincent Darlage
Aug 09, 2013 Vincent Darlage rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure
Thought Treasure Island to be the better of the two tales, but also the more simple and straightforward. Neither measure up to The Strange Case of Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde, but both were enjoyable in their own right.
D E  Hendley jr
May 30, 2013 D E Hendley jr rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I remember reading because of wanting to. I even owned it on a lp album and wore the record player out. I will read it again maybe parts of my childhood dreams will return.
Grant
Jan 20, 2011 Grant rated it really liked it
I loved listening to this book. I sometimes would go back and hear a section twice.
Great adventure and color. Amazing charactors.
Emma Mekinda
Jul 13, 2009 Emma Mekinda rated it really liked it
Great read! fun summer bookclub choice, entertaining with an interesting vocabulary and an exotic locale! lots of martime references!
Lydia
Jan 24, 2009 Lydia added it
I read these as a child. Remember those kids illustrated classics? Good books.
Dorcas
Jan 09, 2012 Dorcas rated it liked it
i love the book.i will recommend it for other people
Ethan
Apr 03, 2010 Ethan rated it it was amazing
I forgot how good this story was. I had a visual copy of this book as a kid. The story transported me to another time and place like all good stories do. There were times I was sitting at Cafe Ventana reading this book I actually laughed out loud at a witty line. I recommend this book to all!
James Burn
Fanfreakin'tastic!
Steve
Dec 12, 2013 Steve rated it it was amazing
Fun read
Daphne
Daphne marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Faisal
Faisal marked it as to-read
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Wesam Karam
Wesam Karam marked it as to-read
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Sharil Zain
Sharil Zain is currently reading it
Aug 06, 2016
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Afiqah Azhar
Afiqah Azhar marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Zuko's Honor
Zuko's Honor rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Graeme Wilkins
Graeme Wilkins is currently reading it
Jul 12, 2016
Ania
Ania marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Rapunzel
  • The Swap
  • Babylon Revisited (Penguin Mini Modern Classics)
  • Lives of the Noble Romans
  • Lucy Talk
  • Dersu the Trapper
  • The Paradise Room
  • Killer Heels
Robert Louis (Balfour) Stevenson was a Scottish novelist, poet, and travel writer, and a leading representative of English literature. He was greatly admired by many authors, including Jorge Luis Borges, Ernest Hemingway, Rudyard Kipling and Vladimir Nabokov.

Most modernist writers dismissed him, however, because he was popular and did not write within their narrow definition of literature. It is o
More about Robert Louis Stevenson...