Start by marking “Heart of Obsidian (Psy-Changeling, #12)” as Want to Read:
Heart of Obsidian  (Psy-Changeling, #12)

Heart of Obsidian (Psy-Changeling #12)

4.52  ·  Rating Details ·  14,282 Ratings  ·  1,499 Reviews
Step into New York Times bestseller Nalini Singh’s explosive and shockingly passionate Psy-Changeling world…

A dangerous, volatile rebel, hands stained bloodred.
A woman whose very existence has been erased.
A love story so dark, it may shatter the world itself.
A deadly price that must be paid.
The day of reckoning is here.

From “the alpha author of paranormal romance” (Booklis
Published June 4th 2013 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about Heart of Obsidian, please sign up.

Gnome Claire *Wishes she was as cool as Gnome Ann* you've probably already read it or not by now but I'd say this is one of the less standalone books from the series- Kaleb has been quite a big…moreyou've probably already read it or not by now but I'd say this is one of the less standalone books from the series- Kaleb has been quite a big character since book 2 and we've been getting more and more hints about his story so if you read it first you'd miss that build up. I also don't know how well the world would make sense without the world development that's in the previous books.(less)
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
49th out of 2,465 books — 12,423 voters
Frost Burned by Patricia BriggsTwice Tempted by Jeaniene FrostEver After by Kim HarrisonHeart of Obsidian by Nalini SinghHouse Rules by Chloe Neill
2013 Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy (January - June)
4th out of 276 books — 1,143 voters

More lists with this book...

Blacky *Romance Addict*
*spoiler free review*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

After eleven great books, finally we get his story...

And the author did it justice!

I loved every single sentence here, it was just perfect!!!

So, Nalini Singh...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

You are the bestest ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

The romance here was amazing, and those two are meant to be together, their past made me cry :((

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The ending was amazing, although I am now VERY excited for the next books, I wonder how it's all going to be in the Psy/Changeling universe :))))

Just one message to the author, although
Lila

5 stars read for me

What would you do if you were loved by most dangerous man in existence....?

I'll be honest with you- although, romance in all previous books in series was lovely, I was driven by story in the background. Story about Silence, rebellion, upcoming civil war. If you are like me, let me tell you upfront, Heart of Obsidian is that book; it's the book where all the questions are answered. Isn't it ironic that at the same time I find this novel to be the most romantic in series...?
In
Kristen
Full review posted 10/17/13

5 EPIC STARS‼ THIS BOOK IS OUTSTANDING! THE BEST IN THE SERIES THUS FAR!

WOW! I'm in a state of nirvana after finishing this story! It was exceptional! *CRIES* I'm now all caught up and have to wait almost a year for the next book in this series to be released.

I will keep this review short and to the point, as I'm worried that something I say could inadvertently give away a spoiler to potential readers that could ruin the reading experience for them. (That happened
Melanie
5 BAZILLION GLORIOUS SHINING STARS!!!

description

This, THIS!!, was THE BOOK I was most anticipating this year! And now that I've finally read it, savoured it, all I have to say is... WOW.

Just WOW!!!

I am totally blown away.

Nalini Singh delivers a haunting story that is heart-rending, exhilarating and so damn beautiful that epic doesn't even begin to cover what this contributes to the amazing 'Psy-Changeling' series.

The impossible story of Kaleb and Sahara is one that will stay with me and I have many rere
Lady Lioness
It had been over 365 days since I read a new full-length Psy-Changeling novel and I did my best to refrain from impatient whining. As a reward for my uncharacteristic, albeit reluctant, acceptance of delayed gratification, the Book Gods saw fit to grant me a boon. Enough about me, though, as I know you want to know about the book, so let's move on to the pretty-much-spoiler-free-because-it's-all-my-reactions review.

Heart of Obsidian reminds me of those long, quiet, hours that mark off time befo
Katie(babs)
♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥
There are so many wonderful reviews for this book already. I don't have anything more to add except this: Nalini Singh not only provided readers with a rich and fascinating world of Psy-Changeling, she also gave readers a solid romantic pair to root for with Kaleb and Sahara.

Fave quotes:

"I will fight for you, today, tomorrow, and all the tomorrows to come."

"Then, as stars glittered overhead and the world spun another hour closer to what might be a catastrophic global war, Sahara kissed her lov
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
*WARNING: HERO's NAME AHEAD*

5 The Price Of Silence Stars

"We stand at a crossroads. The decisions we make will either save us, or end us."

description

The time has come for the Psy to make a stand. The Silence that they inflicted upon themselves, to leash their minds has crippled them. They will have to break these restraints, face the vastness of their powers and abilities and step into a world that will keep moving without them.

Silence though, is double edged sword and while muting their souls it is also th
Mona
Jun 16, 2013 Mona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: PNR LOVERS!
WOW 5 mind BLOWING stars!

No name spoilers here...in case anyone is still waiting to read this book :)

This left me thinking, how much better can this series get after this? What story can truly top this off? I really didn't expect what I read, it surprised me at how something that was impossible could still be possible. Had me thinking no matter how broken, lost or unrecoverable a person can be, they should never give up in the face of love.

His own hand was big, warm against her cheek as he cupp
MelissaB
I don't want to give any spoilers but I loved this! Nalini Singh hit this one out of the park, it was amazing!

The hero in this book was portrayed so well, we find out his motivations and backstory. I loved his connection to the heroine and how wonderfully they treated each other. I also loved how he was willing to go to any lengths to protect her and make her happy.

So many exciting things happen in this book that will completely change the future world in this series, I can't wait to see what h
Maayan

5 EPIC stars <3

"He was the monster that stalked nightmare, and they both knew that."

Ruthless killer. Cold-blooded. Without mercy .. Without conscience. He was a monster. Damaged. Powerful. Fearful. He had no empathy. His only weakness was HER.

Sahara Kyriakus

"An unsheathed blade."
What he had become the day she vanished."

For the last seven years, Kaleb was looking for the girl who meant everything to him. All his life, he has loved only one person and that's Sahara. Their bond was so stro
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
This book was so awesome. It's definitely in my top 3 in the series.

Since I enjoyed this system on my previous review I will use it again to make clear what I like about this book the most!

The couple:
The heroine:
The hero:
The plot:
The limited POVS:
Aden & Vasic:

I won't name the heroes although I'm pretty sure there aren't many people who haven't heard who they are anymore. Still...

The hero

What can I say about the "Obsidian" male? He is definitely in my top ten list of book heroes as
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
4.5 's

Finally, the book we've all been waiting for and the question we hope to get answered...is Kaleb Krychek The Ghost? Well, of course, I'm not going to tell you! But...I will tell you a few things.

First off let me just say that Nalini Singh can write like no other. I was blown away by how she wrote Kaleb and Sahara. Granted, she's written a few other good characters...okay, maybe quite a few other good characters, but these two are amazing!

I was a little hesitant about how two Psys would
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Jun 05, 2013 Anna (Bobs Her Hair) rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: PNR/UF Fans
Beautiful love story!...(NO spoilers)

Avoid 'spoilery' reviews and just read the book! Discovering the answers as you read is a rewarding experience. All you need to know is Friendship, Loyalty, Kindness, and Love save the characters from devastation.

Psy romances don't really excite me (changelings rock my world) and I wasn't too eager for this book, BUT I loved the hero, heroine, setting, conflict, storytelling...EVERYTHING! It also didn't hurt that it contained one of my favorite tropes. (Not
Ren
4,5 stars

Read my review in Indonesian on my little blog here:

Ren's Little Corner

This book give me so many FEELING.

Firstm, I'm so ashamed to admit that recently I'm so hot headed, so stubborn for delaying to read Heart of Obsidian. WHY? Because I'm so pissed off when reading any spoiler about who The Ghost was and it spoiled my excitement when the book finally come in my hand.

But then, after reading, I keep in my mind that the core of Heart of Obsidian was not who is The Ghost?, because his real identity is no lo
Sammy Loves Books
Perfection!!!

I'd line the streets with bodies before I'd ever hurt you.

Kaleb

description

Live your life, Sahara. Live it as big and with as much color as you can stand to bear. Don't let anyone or anything - the family, Silence, the wight of your ability, even my need to keep you close - confine you again.

Love is the greatest form of loyalty, one that places happiness of the beloved over the lover.
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Jun 04, 2013 Jen (Red Hot Books) rated it it was amazing
Move over Kiss of Snow. As much as I loved that book, Heart of Obsidian is even better. Easily and completely my new favorite in the Psy-Changeling series. I'm going to try very hard not to spoil the story beyond a basic set-up, but I am going to mention the hero and heroine by name, so beware.

Kaleb Krychek has been this powerful enigma ever since the series began. He is cold and calculating. But there is a fire under that ice that is positively molten. He has led a life shaped by cruelty at the
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
There has been so much hype surrounding the 12th book in Nalini Singh’s Psy-Changeling series. With the identity of the hero and heroine kept under wraps until the book was released, readers have been on edge with anticipation as speculations reached a whirlwind of activity.

Singh had a major challenge on her hands. The big reveal could either blow readers away with her ingenious plan or it could become a major disappoint. However, had there ever been a doubt to Singh’s talent? A master of lyric
Aly is so frigging bored
4th read: 20th-23rd November 2014
Buddy read with Sarah and Ange
Sahara's B-day charms from Kaleb

PS: I've updated the Pintrest board :D

3rd read: 8th November 2014
This book...

and

2nd read: 1st-2nd January 2014
Amazing book! Best book to start the year with :)

1st Read: 3rd-4th June 2013
People who don't give this 5* or more, haven't read the same book that I did, seriously.

Brandi Carlile - The Story
Brandi Carlile - The Story lyrics
Song reminds me of the hero and heroine of the book

Pinterest board
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
"Don't be afraid of me." Bending his head, he spoke with his lips against hers, the contact igniting a thousand tiny lightning strikes in her blood. "I'd line the streets with bodies before I'd ever hurt you."

11 books!
11 absolutely amazing, un-put-downable books. All leading up to book 12 that will absolutely, positively, blow.your.mind!

First, it's rare that you'll find a series that gets better with each new book. I read a lot of PNR, and I can count the authors that have been able to do that
P
ผูชายทีมีผูหญิงคนเดียวเปนโลกทังใบของเขา และเขายอมทีจะวางศพเรียงรายบนทองถนนเพือเธอ หากไมมีเธอ สิงใดๆในโลกกไมมีความหมาย ... แคตัวละครอยางเคเลบ ไครเชคคนเดียวกกินขาดแลวนะเราวา สำหรับ Heart of Obsidian เลมนี ทุกโมเมนตทีพระนางอยูดวยกัน เราวามันพีคมาก อิมมาก มาเตมมาก ทังคูรูจักกันตังแตเดกๆจนกระทังซาฮาราถูกลักพาตัวไป เคเลบรูสึกวาเขาดูแลเธอไดไมดีพอ หลังจากนันเขาจึงทุมเทตามหาเธอและไมสนวามือจะตัวเองจะเปือนเลือดสักแคไหน ซาฮาราคือคนเดียวทีมีคาทีสุดในชีวิตเขา

-- the light embracing the dark, the dark protectiv
Jilly
Oct 18, 2015 Jilly rated it it was amazing
Yes! After not liking the last two jerks male love-interests in these books, I finally got a pay-off for continuing on! WoooHoo! His story was worth the wait.

ok, a bit much, but I did frolic on the inside. Kind of.

In this book we have a psy couple who were close during childhood until she was kidnapped at 16, and tortured for 7 years. He searched for her for all of those years and finally frees her early in the book. But, her memories are gone and she is just a bit screwed up. Imagine that! She
Mandi Schreiner
Jun 04, 2013 Mandi Schreiner rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pnr
There has been much build up and secrecy with this book in the months leading up to publication. Who is the hero? Who is the heroine? Is the Ghost involved? I’ve gone back and forth trying to figure out how to review this book and not give away answers to those who are trying to avoid spoilers. But at the same time, it’s hard to review a book when I can’t mention characters by name. So, I’ve decided to put the entire review under a spoiler tag. I don’t give away any major plot points or crazy sp ...more
Val ⚓️ Shameless,  Bitchy & Skanky ⚓️ Mrs. ClayDanvers/RemingtonTate/HawkeSnow
WOW.

That's all that could come to mind as I read this. I have read every book in this series and have appreciated some more than others - the "others" I didn't love as much being those that didn't focus on a changeling as at least one of the main two characters. I'm not sure why, but I always found the chapters that focused on the Psy Council and related issues to be somewhat boring in comparison to the excitement and earthiness of the changeling world and characters? I'm not sure. Needless to s
Ana
Jun 05, 2013 Ana rated it it was amazing
5 AMAZING stars

Since I'm not sure I could actually write a review without spoilers - saying hero/heroine, being vague are really not my thing. Although, by now, I'm pretty sure that most people already know, but if there's somebody out there who hasn't heard it yet, beware. :-)

Anyway, before going to the details, I've just got to say this - Ms. Singh has outdone herself with this book. It is truly amazing (and yes,I'm going to use that word a lot), heartbreaking, full of action, but the quiet em
Mal {RUMY THIS IS ME}
Nov 06, 2013 Mal {RUMY THIS IS ME} marked it as to-read
SHE HAS STARTED WRITING! SINGH SAYS SHE WILL GIVE US MORE INFORMATION SOON! XD

description

Seriously - my kitten could die now (please don't) and I would still be HAPPY DANCING!

description

I have been waiting.........*giggles like a weird person*

As for the release date:

Mimi Smith
Jul 16, 2014 Mimi Smith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pnr
5 stars

Loved it! This was, for me, the most anticipated novel of the series and it was an excellent one. I remember my assumptions about a year ago and it turns out much of it was right!

Well, first of all, the Ghost is Kaleb. Yep, that was pretty obvious. The only other way it could've played is if NS intended to put a huge, shocking twist in the series and that doesn't really happen here. And frankly: I fricking love Kaleb. I always have! How can you not love the handsome, powerful and cold ma
Ferdy
Spoilers

Loved it. It wasn't without its faults but the romance and the hero (Kaleb) made up for all the rubbish. It may just be my most favourite psy/changeling book to date.

Random thoughts:

-I was looking forward to reading about a psy hero/heroine. There's been every other combination of psy/changeling/human so I was really looking forward to seeing a different dynamic. I have to say I was a tad disappointed, I was excited to see how things would play out between two Silent psy getting feelings
◊♦ Naomi
4.5 obsidian stars

SPOILERS: if you have not read this book but want to, please do not read this review.

Obviously this was a great book, I loved it but I was expecting more. We've been hearing about this Ghost for quite some time now, I was expecting him to be a big part of the book but he...was...not.

Seriously, he was barely in the story. Kaleb tells Sahara who the Ghost is (it's him, in case you were wondering) and voilà. Done. Nothing more, nothing less. Are you kidding me?! Even the blurb
Mei
Jun 07, 2013 Mei rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Since when I start reading this series, I associated Silence with Vulcan philosophy and the Psy with Vulcans. I know, I know, I’m a Star Track fan! *wink*

I love the world building, the changelings, the psy, the mind-net, everything in this world!

Every and each of the books is interesting and intelligently done. And every time I finish one book I yearn for the next. I hope Nalini Singh continues writing this wonderful, wonderful books!

Since he made his appearance I liked Kaleb. He was so mysteri
  • Kinked (Elder Races, #6)
  • Burning Up (Children of the Sea #3.5; Psy-Changeling #0.6; Iron Seas #0.5)
  • Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)
  • Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8)
  • Guardian Demon (The Guardians, #8)
  • MacRieve (Immortals After Dark, #14)
  • An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling #0.5; Murphy Sisters #1)
  • The Magical Christmas Cat (Breeds, #17; Murphy Sisters, #2; Psy-Changeling, #3.5)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • Heart of Iron (London Steampunk, #2)
  • Reaver  (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10)
  • Gunmetal Magic (Kate Daniels, #5.5)
  • How Beauty Saved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight #2)
  • Wrong Ways Down (Downside Ghosts, #1.5)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more
More about Nalini Singh...

Psy-Changeling (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1)
  • Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2)
  • Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3)
  • Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4)
  • Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5)
  • Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6)
  • Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling, #7)
  • Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8)
  • Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling, #9)
  • Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10)

So we literally made the earth move? A slight pause, before Kaleb said, I suggest we don’t engage in sex in populated areas. 83 likes
“To fight evil, you have to understand the dark.” 78 likes