Start by marking “Organized Crime: The Unvarnished Truth About Government” as Want to Read:
Organized Crime: The Unvarnished Truth About Government

Organized Crime: The Unvarnished Truth About Government

Politics and thieves, coercion and regulation, fascism and the Fed, centralization and liberty, workers and unions, trade and freedom, free-market achievements and government disasters in American history—this book covers it all!

Organized Crime collection of essays in the tradition of Austrian political economy—a combination of applied economics and the study of government
Published July 2012 by Ludwig von Mises Institute (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Organized Crime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Organized Crime

Jason
Mar 18, 2013 Jason rated it it was amazing
I was already familiar with a fair amount of the information presented by DiLorenzo. That said, reading story after story of the abuses of the federal government in the United States does nothing to restore the glamorous view of American history that I once had...especially with his discussion of the Lincoln administration before, during, and after the civil war.

I am definitely in the pro nullification, pro secession, and anti-Lincoln camp after reading this book. I probably need to look into mo
Jason Hallmark
Feb 02, 2014 Jason Hallmark rated it it was amazing
DiLorenzo does it again!!! A real page turner that I could not put down for very long once I started it. His prose is very fluid and his acidic rhetoric gives life to the book. Some parts seemed repetitive, as if each chapter is meant to be a stand alone essay, and for that reason, one - theoretically - would not have to read the book in a linear fashion, and could skip around to read whatever chapters interested them the most. A must read!!!!!!
Geir
Apr 02, 2013 Geir rated it it was amazing
Not only a well written collection of articles, but hugely informative! So you didn't know that the State was evil? You haven't bought the logic behind organized coercion in the name of government? Then I can recommend this book. Did you know already that the State was evil? Then read this book to affirm that conviction.
Monte McGuire
Sep 23, 2012 Monte McGuire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: politics, technical
Good, but when he started disrespecting Abe Lincoln he lost me. His zero tolerance towards war misses it's mark with me. But the economy policies I can understand and make a lot of sense to me.
Josh
Nov 08, 2016 Josh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DiLorenzo lays out a decent criticism of how Government, corrupted by size and motive, has engaged in forceful and deceitful acts against the populace.

To be honest, I really dislike collections of articles such as this and found in other "books". If an author is still alive, such collections are always better to be formed in to a true book that is able to cleanly explain a subject from start to finish. While DiLorenzo's articles are well written (and are quite often sourced with citations! Such
Manny
Nov 19, 2012 Manny rated it really liked it
Great book by Mr. DiLorenzo. I have read other books by this author and he has yet to publish something I did not find informative and/or educational. In "Organized Crime" he does not let me down.

The book contains roughly 52 Chapters, of which take you about 10-15 minutes depending on your reading speed (with the help of my Kindle PaperWhite, I am able to see my reading speed) These chapters are chock-full of information on how the government commits crimes against us. Not your run of the mill
JoséMaría BlancoWhite
The author doesn't mince words when criticizing all the evils caused and promoted by governments around the world -and through history- but especially in the United States. The book is full of proof and samples of crimes and stupidities commited legally on the people. It's amazing how many things we take for historical facts just because we heard them repeated many times by the politicized media. Dilorenzo debunks many of these historical myths. Lots of things, political and busineswise, to ...more
Sepehr Mirzaei
Sepehr Mirzaei rated it did not like it
Feb 21, 2015
Grotesque
Grotesque rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2014
Steve
Steve rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2014
Logan Albright
Logan Albright rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2014
Stats41
Stats41 rated it it was ok
Apr 21, 2014
D. Jason
D. Jason rated it it was ok
Feb 14, 2014
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2013
Adam
Adam rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2013
Daniel Bretoi
Daniel Bretoi rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2014
Matthew
Matthew rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2012
John
John rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2016
Tom Norris
Tom Norris rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2014
Cin
Cin rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2015
Jimmy Erdmier
Jimmy Erdmier rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2015
Jelle Verstegen
Jelle Verstegen rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2016
John Torrillo
John Torrillo rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2013
Anderson
Anderson rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2014
Klaus D Neumann
Klaus D Neumann rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
John P. Grange
John P. Grange rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Theodore and Woodrow: How Two American Presidents Destroyed Constitutional Freedom
  • The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Great Depression and the New Deal
  • No Treason: The Constitution of No Authority
  • Against Intellectual Property
  • The State
  • Liberalism
  • Democracy--The God That Failed: The Economics and Politics of Monarchy, Democracy, and Natural Order
Thomas James DiLorenzo is an American economics professor at Loyola University Maryland. He identifies himself as an adherent of the Austrian School of economics. He is a senior fellow of the Ludwig von Mises Institute and an associated scholar of the Abbeville Institute. He holds a Ph.D. in Economics from Virginia Tech.
More about Thomas J. DiLorenzo...