Start by marking “An Agile Adoption and Transformation Survival Guide” as Want to Read:
An Agile Adoption and Transformation Survival Guide

An Agile Adoption and Transformation Survival Guide

Published by InfoQ (first published July 16th 2012)

Be the first to ask a question about An Agile Adoption and Transformation Survival Guide

Paul Boos
Jan 13, 2014 Paul Boos rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: Michael is an Agile coach colleague and friend that I've known since Agile Coach Camp 2010.

I had downloaded the free PDF and started reading it; Michael then gave me a paper copy at a retreat we both attended prior to Agile Coach Camp 2012.

I really enjoyed this concise book; it's best quality is it helps you get a feel of the cultural changes you will be making as you approach Agile change. he makes the distinction in this change: adoption is merely trying to put practices in place
Javier
Nov 30, 2016 Javier rated it it was amazing
Great book to make you think about context and culture in order to select any tool, framework or method for a team and product.
Henrik Berglund Berglund
Aug 05, 2013 Henrik Berglund Berglund rated it it was amazing
In just 80 pages Michael presents his take on agile transformations and adoptions and the current state of those in our industry.

I like many things about this book:

Most importantly, I think he may have done our industry a great favor! Writing about the complexity of this issue in a short and very accessible way may be one step for many towards moving out of "Unconscious incompetence" on this subject.

For me, his approach using organizational culture and Schein's model as the primary indicator of
Craig
Sep 03, 2013 Craig rated it it was amazing
This afternoon I read Michael Sahota's book An Agile Adoption and Transformation Survival Guide: Working With Organizational Culture (which you can download for free from InfoQ.)

It's short and I read through it in about an hour. In it Michael addresses the context teams at work operate in; organisational culture. The premise is that agile adoptions are a dead end unless you tap into the cultural context.

There is an opening discussion that addresses the Do Agile v Be Agile paradigm, acknowledgin
Damir Prusac
Sep 23, 2013 Damir Prusac rated it it was amazing
Concise and illustrative. Through few models, like Schneider's cultural model Michael explains the agile culture belonging to the areas of collaboration and cultivation. He further describes how to build a shield or organizational adapters towards the rest (hostile) of organization. Warmly recommended reading!
Alaeddin Hallak
Jan 15, 2014 Alaeddin Hallak rated it liked it
Shelves: agile
Although I'm no change agent for agile methods, this book does tell a cautionary tale about what it takes to really transform to agile, or adopt some of its practices depending on the current organization culture. Liked how brief and to the point the book was. Disliked some of the hand drawn diagrams which were a bit too hard to read and comprehend.
Pete
Mar 29, 2013 Pete rated it it was amazing
Very good thoughts and explanations. This short, compact book is helping me a lot with my current situation in my company.
Ripham
Ripham rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2016
Alper Kose
Alper Kose rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2014
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2015
Hans Baggesen
Hans Baggesen rated it liked it
May 21, 2013
Jan
Jan rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2012
Sabrina Gehrke
Sabrina Gehrke rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2013
Deralex
Deralex rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2012
Antonio
Antonio rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2016
Tamás Nagy
Tamás Nagy rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2012
Sacha Storz
Sacha Storz rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2012
Libin
Libin rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2013
Martin Lennartz
Martin Lennartz rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2012
Noah
Noah rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Paulo Rebelo
Paulo Rebelo rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2013
Leonardo Campos
Leonardo Campos rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2013
Emre
Emre rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2014
Justin Redd
Justin Redd rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2012
Martine Boucher
Martine Boucher rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2014
C3rv3l0
C3rv3l0 rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2016
Christian
Christian rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Olaf
Olaf rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2013
Ahmed
Ahmed rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2013
Josef Pojsl
Josef Pojsl rated it it was ok
Jul 20, 2015