Start by marking “Lashings of Sauce” as Want to Read:
Lashings of Sauce

Lashings of Sauce

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  18 reviews
We Brits love our sauce, whether it's what we lash on our food, read on our seaside postcards, or write in our stories. Come and enjoy a buffet of tasty LGBTQ treats!

From marriages to reunions, via practical jokes and football matches, to weresloths and possibly the oddest Tarts and Vicars party in the world, join us as we celebrate the UK Meet in the best way we know: tel
Published July 1st 2012 by JMS Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about Lashings of Sauce, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lashings of Sauce

Ilhem
3,5 stars

Lashing of Sauce is an anthology where "you'll find stories both saucy and sweet, along whith many poignant and thought-provoking contributions."

All stories put together make an average 3 stars rating but 4 of them are outstanding :

Et Tu, Fishies? by J.L. Merrow
Great 1st POV voice, sweet and funny story with a hint of absurdist humour.

Zones by Elyan Smith
Strengthened me in my belief that Elyan Smith is very talented and can paint the most wonderful portraits. His touch is delicate and s
Mandy*reads obsessively*
I will rate/review as I go, but I had to start today with a very special story.
My dear friend Lucy sent me this quote from the book and I knew I had to move it up my TBR pile and read this particular story ASAP.

Sollicito by Charlie Cochrane:
“It’s not as simple for us. You need to carry both recessive genes and the correct markers on other chromosomes to become a were-sloth. See, I told you my problems are worse than yours, and when you stop laughing you might understand.”

I might be outing myself
Lucy
Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews

In a word, this book is adorable. I enjoy anthologies because I get to “meet” some authors new to me and the stories are usually short-ish, so I can read one or two between other longer books. So it takes me a while to finish an anthology. This one, once I started it, I read them all. Liked nearly all of them as well, which usually doesn’t happen in an anthology. I had some clear favorites, though I considered them all well written and interesting. Some are fun
Nithu
A very diverse collection of stories, but there wasn't one I didn't enjoy. I often find short stories frustrating, sometimes they feel too short, or too rushed, trying to cram in too much. These stories were just right.
Jenre
I have to admit I was a little nervous about reviewing this anthology this week because I know that I'll get to meet all the contributors face to face this weekend. I have this fear that one day I shall meet an author and get punched in the nose for writing a bad review! Fortunately there will be no punching this weekend (well not as a result of this review anyway) because this anthology was absolutely marvellous.

Often when I read anthologies there's always one or two stories which miss the mark
Melanie
Rating: 4.5 stars

Lashing: British slang for lots or large amounts. In celebration of 2012 Olympics, the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, and the 3rd Annual UK GLBTQ Fiction Meet, a lashing of authors from all over the Globe put forth an GLBTQ anthology of stories that highlight everything that makes Britain (and mainland Europe) a great place for GLBTQ people to love and live.

Here is a list of stories and authors in the order they appear:
• Post Mortem by Jordan Castillo Price
• Dressing Down by Clare Lo
Lillian Francis
My contribution to this anthology is titled Waiting for a Spark.

Naturally since I'm in this I won't be rating it.
Cryselle
4.5

With seventeen authors, ranging from my most auto-buy of auto-buys to completely new to me, I read this anthology with a happy smile on my face. Covering a wide range of LGBT and without the constraints of **heat! Give us more heat!**, the UK MAT authors have provided a stunning display of talent.

A mini review of each story will make this post huge, so take it as given that I enjoyed each story, and the ones I mention here had something special, even considering the standard set by Jordan Ca
Suze
Aug 12, 2014 Suze rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Suze by: JMS Books december free book
A wide range of short stories, all delivering a nice quick read. The stories range from funny to poignant, contemporary to historical, include boys, girls, shifters, stories of reminising, being transgender, young and older lovers.
Unusually in a large grouping of stories there were none I didn't like, and the average rating came out as 3.6. A book I'll definitely dive into again when I need a quick story to fill 20 mins.
Tam
My contribution to this is called Lost in London. No, I'm not British. :-) But I'm so looking forward to attending the Meet in Brighton and seeing old friends and meeting new. My Great-Grandmother was born in Scotland, so I might merit honourary Brit status.
Idamus
• Lost in London by Tam Ames: 4 stars
• My Husband by Zahra Owens: Not my cup of tea
• Waiting f
Stevie Carroll
A varied mix of stories in this one. Some were more to my taste than others, but all will be appreciated by the majority of interested readers. M/m stories predominate, but there are also two f/f stories and two about trans* characters. Well worth picking up.
Amanda
Not really my cup of tea but interesting none the less. I can honestly say that I read it through as I received it for free through Goodreads First Reads. The stories were diverse and entertaining.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Lucy
Genre: M/M Anthology
Rated: 4 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Megan Reddaway
Just finished reading this at the Meet and it's great! Loved the diversity in both subject matter and style. Some really cracking stories here!
Maygirl7
Aug 10, 2012 Maygirl7 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Mine. mine. mine. Mine! Well.... soon to be. Thanks to Chris for her contest and Josephine for offering it up for my gleeful gloating. Yay!
Mara Ismine
Another cracking selection of stories -and great fun to read. Something for everyone.
Allen
Entertaining, but uneven in quality.
Rita-Teodora
Rita-Teodora marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Elisa Rolle
Elisa Rolle marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Driima
Driima added it
May 30, 2015
Maycon
Maycon marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Yrisa
Yrisa marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Josephine
Josephine marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
melek
melek marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
English through and through, Josephine Myles is addicted to tea and busy cultivating a reputation for eccentricity. She writes gay erotica and romance, but finds the erotica keeps cuddling up to the romance, and the romance keeps corrupting the erotica. She blames her rebellious muse but he never listens to her anyway, no matter how much she threatens him with a big stick. She's beginning to suspe ...more
More about Josephine Myles...
The Hot Floor Handle with Care Screwing the System (Screwing the System, #1) How to Train Your Dom in Five Easy Steps Junk  (The Bristol Collection #1)