Start by marking “Eikyōryoku No Buki: Naze Hito Wa Ugokasarerunoka” as Want to Read:
Eikyōryoku No Buki: Naze Hito Wa Ugokasarerunoka

Eikyōryoku No Buki: Naze Hito Wa Ugokasarerunoka

4.17  ·  Rating Details ·  51,364 Ratings  ·  1,907 Reviews
Классика деловой литературы, мировой бестселлер и настольная книга амбициозных политиков, менеджеров, рекламодателей, маркетологов и всех желающих убеждать и добиваться своего.

Автор книги, доктор наук и профессор психологии, Роберт Б. Чалдини много лет изучал принципы успешных продаж. На основе своих исследований он написал руководство по мотивации и убеждению, которое мно
356 pages
Published 1991 by Seishin Shobō (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Eikyōryoku No Buki, please sign up.

Elizabeth I read this book for pleasure. Psychology and consumer behavior is incredibility fascinating to me. I've done really well in sales and still saw this…moreI read this book for pleasure. Psychology and consumer behavior is incredibility fascinating to me. I've done really well in sales and still saw this book as an asset! It's written in a conversational tone (on purpose I'm sure), and the examples are spot on! Ha, I LOVE the consistency theory's survey example. Anyways, it was the #1 recommended book on Amazon in consumer behavior. I'm curious to know if anyone would recommend a better book. Bottom line, I think everyone should read this book to be aware of these techniques. Applying some of these theories well enough could be dangerous…seriously. (less)
Bill Yeadon Well after all these years Cialdini has written a follow up (Yes not included).
Pre-suasion can be considered a continuation but it is really about how…more
Well after all these years Cialdini has written a follow up (Yes not included).
Pre-suasion can be considered a continuation but it is really about how to set up the persuasion with particular questions that prime the person.
It is a great book but as I think Influence may be one of the best books ever written I can't put it in the same category.(less)

Sundeep
Nov 20, 2008 Sundeep rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Summary: This book can’t be summarized. It can only be very, very strongly recommended.

Recommended? YES. Buy it now if you haven’t read it.

Table of contents:
5 Liking: The Friendly Thief
6 Authority: Directed Deference
7 Scarcity: The Rule of the Few

Notes:
Below are my key takeaways and some interesting points, but I’m telling you. Buy it. Read it. Tru
Pouting Always
Another one of those business books where it's a good read if you haven't read any others from the same genre but with the same basically formula where they keep repeating information that can be condensed down into a few pages and which every other business book will tell you but of course they'll rephrase it. If you haven't ever thought much about the influence of the way you talk to people and vice versa I'm sure this can be very eye opening. If you're pretty self aware or have contemplated h ...more
Gina
Sep 02, 2011 Gina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't understand why so many people rated this book so highly.

--It panders to the audience by using overly simple language and repeating the same idea 5 times to make sure that the reader really understood. Example (from memory): "People are heavily influenced by society. Society shapes our choices. Our choices are influenced by the people around us. There are countless examples of one's choices being swayed by his or her peers." Thanks, I got it the first time.

--The first and second "weapons
Shishir
Six "weapons of influence"

1)Reciprocation - People tend to return a favor. Thus, the pervasiveness of free samples in marketing. In his conferences, he often uses the example of Ethiopia providing thousands of dollars in humanitarian aid to Mexico just after the 1985 earthquake, despite Ethiopia suffering from a crippling famine and civil war at the time. Ethopia had been reciprocating for the diplomatic support Mexico provided when Italy invaded Ethopia in 1937.

2)Commitment and Consistency - I
Jerry
Jan 26, 2008 Jerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I put this book under "dangerous knowledge." Cialdini, still a top consultant in this field, has a tiny disclaimer at the end of the book saying how he's aware that this knowledge could be misused, but doesn't go much further.

I see this stuff abused all the time, to spin democracies to go to war, to sell us products and services we don't really need and much, much more.

I've been wanting to start an ethics institute around this topic. Interested? Write me!
Mark Cheverton
Dec 01, 2008 Mark Cheverton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business, marketing
Required reading for all marketing professionals. The book details the most common approaches to influencing the decisions of others, backed up by the authors time spent infiltrating direct marketing companies and the like. Offers handy hints on how to spot when you're being manipulated and how to handle it.

A very enjoyable read, should leave you much more aware of how you're being played next time you're in the market for a used car.
John Spillane
Feb 27, 2017 John Spillane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooked
Not a runaway train of rapturousness like 1776, Moneyball, or Outliers but like Anna Karenina it seems to encompass all of life and address all of life's important issues.

I would recommend this to anyone and will definitely listen to it again.

I tired one of his techniques on a colleague I had been chasing for week and it worked like a charm within an hour, so 1 for 1.
Abubakar Mehdi
Apr 08, 2016 Abubakar Mehdi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

A couple of months ago, I read somewhere that when it comes to the psychology of persuasion and influence, Cialdini is the “daddy” of this subject. I chuckled and moved on. But then, a few days ago I found myself in a bookstore holding this book and heading to the counter. I came back home, and devoured it chapter by chapter, awestruck and flabbergasted by the sheer brilliance of the psychology of persuasion. Cialdini is no novice, apart from being an academic scholar and researcher who conducte
David
Jul 17, 2007 David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Social Proof - People will do things that they see other people are doing. For example, in one experiment, one or more accomplices would look up into the sky; the more accomplices the more likely people would look up into the sky to see what they were seeing. At one point this experiment aborted, as so many people were looking up, that they stopped traffic.

Scarcity - Perceived scarcity will generate demand. For example, saying offers are available for a "limited time only" encourages sales.

Likin
Rachel
Aug 09, 2009 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
So, I've read a fair amount of the literature about group dynamics and social influence, and taught classes that discussed and used it. So I thought I'd know much of what was in this book already. While I was familiar with some of it, there were a number of tricks I hadn't noticed, and excellent descriptions of the ones I had, complete with explanations. Definitely worth reading!

Influence describes the six categories of techniques that have the potential to influence us without our conscious awa
Richard
It's sometimes insightful but it seems to be written for a "young adult" reader and it seems to pander to the audience. I keep finding myself wishing it were better researched and better reasoned. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that such a popular book is so loaded with conventional wisdom and random assumptions presented as quasi-scientific.

What made me about apoplectic is that his fifth edition continues his inaccurate presentation of the Catherine Genovese myth despite that it has been wid
Daniel
Mar 07, 2011 Daniel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hans
Mar 28, 2015 Hans rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
'Know Thyself' is not just a catchy cliché, it was for centuries a central spiritual imperative. Reading books like this only remind one of why it is so important. Even with modern psychology the average person understands so very little about themselves, their drives, why they do what they do, why they like what they like, that they are easily manipulated and exploited. You could say that it is even better if the person fallaciously believes they do know themselves and are confident in that und ...more
Петър Стойков
Да си го кажем направо - някои хора не мислят много. Не защото ги боли глава, а просто защото са прости. Това което сложните (т.е. тия дето не са прости) хора рядко забелязват обаче е, че и те самите често не мислят много. Това е поради устройството на мозъка ни и начина, по който е организирана работата му - в много ситуации той предлага автоматични, бързи реакции и решения, вместо бавни, сложни и обмислени. Което е логично, като се замислиш - тия от пещерните ни предци, които много са се замис ...more
Nyamka Ganni
Бас л хүн бүр уншууштай ном. Та хүсээгүй эсвэл төлөвлөөгүй худалдан авалт хийх бүртээ, бусдын ятгалаганд орох болгондоо яаж яваад "за" эсвэл "тэгье" гэж хэлэхэд хүрснээ гайхдаг бол энэ номыг санал болгоё. Бусдаар хүссэнээ хийлгүүлэх, бусдыг өөрийн талд эргүүлэх маш олон арга байдгаас хамгийн ихээр хэрэглэгддэг хэдийг нь тайлбарлан өгүүлсэн. Маш сонирхолтой.

За тэгээд заримаас нь дурьдаад явчихъя өө.
1. Reciprocity буюу Аяганы хариу өдөртөө зарчим
Их бага нь хамаагүй ч та эхлээд өгчихвөл дараа нь
Veronika
This book gives good insight to compliance strategies and main reasons we are persuaded - however I was unimpressed by a few of the examples Cialdini used and the main conclusion he made at the end of the book.

Example 1: After claiming to have been a bigger socialite than he really is to impress a young attractive saleswoman, Cialdini became particularly pugnacious about her "strategy of tricking him into exaggerating his habits" where as this was his fault, not the saleswoman's. When she offer
Cyndi
Feb 12, 2017 Cyndi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Although this book is informative it is also repetitive. It states that a vast majority of people don't think for themselves and go along with the majority. I might have believed some of that, but I read.
Every day more and more web sites open up with alternating viewpoints. Just look at the varying opinions on this book, alone. We are not as easily led and controlled as this book and the current administration would like to think.
Elius
I have read a fair amount of literature about psychology, group dynamics and social influence - mostly from various little articles and blogs in the net, so although I knew many of the topics covered in the book, I am pleasantly surprised that I didn't know most of it. Now I do. This book pretty much covers all the popular studies done on the human psyche and far from being an academic paper, brings the Psychology of Persuasion to the masses in a well articulated, well referenced, book.

I especia
Amir
Apr 20, 2012 Amir rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Brilliant book! I first read Cialdini book several years ago and I try to make it my routine to read it at least every year since then. Professor Cialdini through many fascinating examples leads us on a journey to find how we are being persuaded to act and react in many ways that are not always to our benefits.

Professor Cialdini review in this book six main factors that influence our behaviors: reciprocation, liking, scarcity, authority, commitment/consistency and social proof, the books explai
Jenny
Basically an interesting book. It was written in the 80's and is a little out dated in facts and writing style. I liked how he explained different techniques that are used to influence us, and then had a section on "how to resist." I found him a tad paranoid, though. He seemed to read a lot of mal-intent into people's desire to influence, when really I just think it is human nature to want to influence people over to your own way of thinking. I don't think I need to be hyper-vigilant at all time ...more
Loïc Bicamumpaka
"Just what are the factors that cause one person to say YES to another person?
All the weapons of influence discussed in this book work better under some conditions than under others.

1. RECIPROCITY - The rule says that we should try to repay, in kind, what another person has provided us.

The beauty of the free sample, is that it is also a gift and, as much, can engage the reciprocity rule: many people find it difficult to accept a sample from the always-smiling attendant, return only the toothpick
Ruhin Joyee
Aug 29, 2014 Ruhin Joyee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-soft-copy
Never before did I recommend a book to so many. The book had me in the first chapter. I went on talking about how 'revealing' the book is during hangouts with friends, in between classes, sometimes during classes and when not. I tried to explain to mom how the rule of reciprocation influences our decisions while having dinner with her, tried to explain the reason behind certain behaviors of our newly appointed driver to my father. The book got to me.

I did certain things throughout my life withou
Saeed Nasser
Jun 23, 2014 Saeed Nasser rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
اليوم انتهيت من قراءة هذا الكتاب الرائع، الذي يساعدنا في تفسير أمور كثيره نستسلم لها بدون ان ندري ، فالكتاب يشرح بشكل مفصل كيف يستسلم المستهلك لخدع البائع ، ليس هذا فقط الكتاب يتناول هذه الأمور من ناحيه نفسيه كيف ننجر الى ألاعيب التجار الكتاب يعطي أمثله متعددة فهو يخدم الشخص العادي والتاجر والقائد والأب والام ( كل طبقات المجتمع) . العيب الذي لم يعجبني في الكتاب هو التطويل والسرد الامنتهي في بعض الامور.
الكتاب شيق ومثير كما أني انصح به للقراءة .
André Bueno
READ THIS BOOK. It is just too f***ing awesome to not be shared with the world. Cialdini used the best case studies to support his arguments, his anecdotes are absolutely hilarious, and he presented the content in an extremely approachable fashion. I highly recommend this book.
Andrei Lebedynets
You'll be better off reading this book 12 times than 12 differemt books

tl;dr: read it, and then read it again and implement all the ideas in your business and life. Its one of those books that everyone talks about but not enough people actually implement the advice.

It is a Goldmine of valuable strategies and marketing and psychology experiments.
Laurie
Jan 23, 2011 Laurie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Author Cialdini began the research that would lead to this book when he got tired of being taken advantage of. He’s not unintelligent, yet he would find himself talked into buying things he didn’t want at all. What was happening?

It turns out that there are some basic ways that humans are influenced, and most people follow them without questioning. Some are just the easy way to deal with situations, while some actually create discomfort when one refuses to follow the social conventions. Cialdini
khalid
قرأته بعنوان: التأثير وسائل الإقناع. ترجمة: سعد جلال. طبعة:دار الفكر العربي

ما سأكتبه هو توثيق شخصي لنفسي وليس مراجعة للكتاب

لا أحب تقييم الكتب أو وضع مراجعات لها، حتى أعطي لنفسسي أكبر مساحة ممكنة أثناء قراءة الكتاب وألا أنشغل بدور الناقد وألا تستحوذ علي فكرة التقييم

قرأت هذا الكتاب منذ فترة ولم أجد له صفحة على الموقع، فتكاسلت عن إضافته

وبعد قراءته أدركت مدى تأثيره في نفسي، ومدى أهميته في فهم أحداث كتيرة تحدث، لذلك كنت أعود إليه بين الحين والآخر، أو أستدعي الفكرة التي تنطبق على ما يحدث

الطريف في المو
Liz
Feb 12, 2008 Liz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was assigned in my Social Influence class and I loved it! Cialdini has done tons of interesting research and is clearly very accomplished in the Psych field, yet he can write a book that everyone (non-Psych majors included) can understand. Each social tactic is explained thoroughly and he uses a lot of stories as well as his own experiments to back it up. I love how he peppers his anecdotes with his sense of humor ("Looking somewhat embarrassed because his father seemed to be raving wh ...more
Martin
Oct 26, 2014 Martin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Všelijaké self-hack a self-help knihy se u mě většinou míjí účinkem, ale přesto jsem Zbraním vlivu díky výborným ohlasům šanci dal. A dobře jsem udělal. Dokonce by mi vůbec nevadilo, kdyby kniha byla obsáhlejší. V názorných příkladech prokládanými přiměřeně dlouhými úseky teorie jsem se naučil spoustu zajímavých mechanismů na obranu proti všudypřítomné persvazi. A jak už to tak bývá, každý meč má dvě ostří, takže se ze mě teď nejspíš stane machiavelistický manipulátor. Dejte si pozor.

Posloucháno
Du4
Mar 24, 2009 Du4 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is a terrible book. Granted, I understand Cialdini is held in high regard for his analysis of "compliance professionals" but I found this book tedious, boring, and rife with self-reverance. It is by no means a 21st treatise on how influence works. I don't even recommend this as a historical example of how salespeople and other influence experts may have been taught; it's that bad.
Click Whirr 4 93 Jul 07, 2014 11:56AM
  • Sources of Power: How People Make Decisions
  • The Story Factor: Inspiration, Influence, and Persuasion through the Art of Storytelling
  • Getting Everything You Can Out of All You've Got: 21 Ways You Can Out-Think, Out-Perform, and Out-Earn the Competition
  • Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Practice and Principles
  • Value-Based Fees: How to Charge - and Get - What You're Worth (The Ultimate Consultant Series)
  • Permission Marketing: Turning Strangers Into Friends And Friends Into Customers
  • The Copywriter's Handbook: A Step-By-Step Guide to Writing Copy That Sells
  • The Progress Principle: Using Small Wins to Ignite Joy, Engagement, and Creativity at Work
  • Ultimate Sales Machine
  • How to Make Millions with Your Ideas: An Entrepreneur's Guide
  • Numbers Guide: The Essentials of Business Numeracy
  • Giants of Enterprise: Seven Business Innovators and the Empires They Built
  • Driven: How Human Nature Shapes our Choices
  • Secrets of Power Negotiating: Inside Secrets from a Master Negotiator
  • Resonate: Present Visual Stories that Transform Audiences
Dr. Robert Cialdini has spent his entire career researching the science of influence earning him an international reputation as an expert in the fields of persuasion, compliance, and negotiation.

His books including, Influence: Science & Practice, are the results of years of study into the reasons why people comply with requests in business settings. Worldwide, Influence has sold over 2 million
More about Robert B. Cialdini...

“A well-known principle of human behavior says that when we ask someone to do us a favor we will be more successful if we provide a reason. People simply like to have reasons for what they do.” 45 likes
“Embarrassment is a villain to be crushed.” 19 likes