Start by marking “Sara's Promise” as Want to Read:

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  177 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
**2013 Finalist in the National Indie Excellence Book Awards for Romance**

Do you believe in soul mates?

William Grafton had the perfect life. He had a lovely wife, Sara, and two wonderful children. But one day his perfect forever was shattered when Sara died suddenly, leaving him alone to raise his children and figure out how he would ever get through life without his soul
Published December 9th 2012 by Deanna Lynn Sletten

To ask other readers questions about Sara's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sara's Promise

Steffi
Jun 15, 2013 Steffi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 inspirational stars!

Sara’s Promise is a book which makes you think, but it still manages to maintain a light atmosphere making it a unique read.

From the author’s website:

Do you believe in soul mates?

William Grafton had the perfect life with his lovely wife, Sara, and two wonderful children. But one day his perfect forever was shattered when Sara died suddenly, leaving him alone to raise his children and wonder how he would ever get through life without his soul mate. Five years later, he fin
Sandra
Jan 10, 2013 Sandra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
A captivating tale of love and forgiveness, Sara’s Promise will convince even the most skeptical among us that soulmates do exist. Realistic and well-developed characters draw you in from the start and keep your interest up as they battle personal conflicts while striving to hold together as a family. Although certain elements might require suspension of disbelief, this uplifting story offers a message of hope and is sure to touch your heart, if not your very soul.
Susan (The Book Bag)
Once again, I am blown away by another beautiful cover! And that question ~ Do you believe in soul mates? ~ I love to think that it is possible to have a soul mate. There has to be some reason that certain people 'find' each other.

'I just know,' Sara said. 'Even if something happened to me, I'd still find a way to be here for you and the kids. That's how strong our bond is.'

Sara's Promise is such a lovely story about everlasting love, with a little bit of magic from up above, trying to make thin
Julie Ramsey
Mar 11, 2013 Julie Ramsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done

Sara Grafton loved her life. She took care of

her family and they needed her. Her children

meant the world to her. Her husband was her

soul mate. She told him more than once

that she would be with him forever and take care

of their family. And then the unthinkable

happened. Sara died. William was lost. Sara

took care of everything. He didn't

even know where she took the dry cleaning. She

had said that she would always take care of

their family and now it was all on him. For

five ye
Lynelle Clark
I got to know Deanna Lynn Sletten through BookBlogs and posting about this new book's release in early December 2012. It was a honor to meet her and work with her making this book a success. A Contemporary Woman's fiction Romance that will keep you busy. Fast paced, well written to the very end. Leaving you with no questions but just the thrill of reading a good book.

She asked me afterwards to review the book and I was pleased that I agreed to do this.
A delightful Romance with all the twists and
Kathleen
Jan 25, 2013 Kathleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do you believe in soul mates? Do you believe in everlasting love, even after your loved one has passed away?

Two women pass away ... as they are suspended between life and death, they engage in a conversation which leads one of the women to urge the other to take her place among the living so she can love and take care of her family as if they were her own.

When Sara Grafton suddenly dies, her husband William and teenage children Sandy and Sam struggle to go on with their lives. Sara vowed to alwa
Wendy Janes
Apr 20, 2013 Wendy Janes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
William believes he has lost his soul mate when his wife, Sara, dies suddenly. Five years later he meets Annie who is the only woman since Sara who has attracted him. She’s very different to his wife, but Annie has her unusual blue-green eyes. Annie doesn’t believe in soul mates, but William turns out to be the man of her dreams (literally). William and Annie do a lot of soul searching to discover whether they have been brought together by chance or destiny, or maybe they are fulfilling Sara’s p ...more
Dianna
Dec 19, 2012 Dianna rated it it was amazing
I have to say honestly that every book written by Deanna gets better and better. I have a lot of favorite authors such as Danielle Steel, Karen Kingsbury, but Deanna Sletten is right up there with them. I cannot wait until the next and the next and the next. She is completely awesome.

This story touched the very inner feelings of my heart. Whether you believe this could happen or not is strictly your decision. But, I can guarantee you you will be very happy that you read it. This should make a g
Norma Budden
Jan 02, 2013 Norma Budden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: womens-fiction
A beautiful story of love which is redeemed even from beyond the grave. As one woman is forced to say good bye to a family she loves, she urges another to take her place through a conversation between both women as they were suspended between life and death.

I was mesmerized by this story from the beginning and it was definitely worth the time invested. It's a book I will remember for a long time to come - not only because of the story but because of the compelling cast of characters. They became
Ann Swann
Dec 19, 2012 Ann Swann rated it it was amazing
If you've read Deanna Sletten's work, then you know what a deft touch she has with her characters. Sara's Promise follows that same tradition. The characters are real. They will make you cry, cheer, and cringe, but they won't let you down. In the long run, Deanna's story is one of forgiveness and hope. It is also about the cycle of life, and this is touchingly illustrated by the way the beautiful cover ties in with the ending of the book. All in all, a lovely, lovely love story.
Mandy Jones
Feb 25, 2013 Mandy Jones rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A heartfelt story of love, loss and finding your soulmate. Deanna brings to life the characters and makes them real to the reader. The story line flows smoothly. You follow the cycle of life within the pages of this story. The reader will be hoping, crying and rooting for the happy ending to come for Will and Annie. This book make even a cynic want to believe that there is someone out there for you, even in the mists of tragedy. I really enjoyed this book.
Luisa
Mar 02, 2013 Luisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keeper
This was a perfect lovely book about afterlife, love beyond death and new beginnings. It was not sappy, it was wonderfully poignant and full of sentiment. I liked both William and Annie and loved the otherworldly touches of Sara and the brilliant colors. I also find this one of the best written books I've read lately.
Marsha Spohn
First reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

I do not know how to adequately express the magic of Sara’s Promise to you. Not truly reincarnation, definitely not pure magic and I would never presume to suggest divine intervention… but Oh My Goodness what an amazing story.

The novel’s description tells you most of what to expect within the pages of this wonderful story. There are times when I review a novel that I feel strongly that my words do not count – the story is what counts. And I feel that Sara’s Prom
Sandy Wolters
Aug 28, 2013 Sandy Wolters rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Book: Sara's Promise
Author: Deanna Lynn Sletten
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Length: Approximate 259 Pages

Do you believe in soul mates? I do. In SARA'S PROMISE by DEANNA LYNN SLETTEN, we meet a family that is hit with a very large loss when Sara, wife and mother, dies unexpectedly. She has given up her dreams for this family she loves so dearly, but everything she did was taken for granted until she died.

Five years later, William is still grieving this loss of his wife and feeling guilty for finall
Janet Friesner
This was the fourth book I have read by this author and I have to say I did not care all that much for it. Thought is was a little strange. Family of four. Rebellious teen age daughter, mother dies but promised her husband she would come back and never leave him. Same day she died, another woman died during an appendectomy and the wife met her somewhere up in the realm and made her go back where she of course met the husband etc. Not exactly my cup of tea.
April
Jul 05, 2014 April rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads, 2014
This was a sweet and inspirational read about true love, loss, letting go, and allowing yourself to love again. I enjoyed the book quite a bit, but I do have to admit that I ended up rating the book with 3 stars rather than 4 simply because the characters grated on me at times. I expected more of struggle with themselves with moving forward or more of a grapple when dealing with loss and the new love they found for one another, but I felt like the characters were very self involved and didn't re ...more
Christin Berger
Nov 28, 2013 Christin Berger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sara's Promise is a compelling romance with an interesting twist and wonderfully developed characters. The author weaves hope in with the heartbreak but does not gloss over the aftermath of sudden death and crippling regret. Sara is the glue that holds her family together but most of them do not really appreciate all that she does for them. When she is taken from them without warning, her husband and children are not only stunned at the loss but the realization that they took her for granted. Th ...more
Jimmy Smith
Nov 08, 2014 Jimmy Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

Great read. Wonderful characters, well developed in a plot that has intrigue. I nearly finished it without putting it down. I love the way it took some bumps and turns but each stayed true to their feelings even though........ well I won't do a spoiler. I highly recommend this book and gladly rate it Five stars.
Natalie Rysavy
Jan 13, 2015 Natalie Rysavy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I could rate it 4.5 stars.....beginning strikes you hard.....I believe in lost souls and soul mates. This definitely tells a story about losing love but finding new love. Cute storyline but pretty predictable. I did enjoy reading it every chance I got.
Rose helg
Jul 30, 2015 Rose helg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Book Must Read

This is a good book. It will make you cry, almost at the end. Couldn't put this book down. Have a good ending. This is a Must Read.
Abby
Jul 28, 2015 Abby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Good Story

This is a touching love story which I enjoyed very much. It has a spiritual theme which I found to be appealing and sweet.
Cheryl
Apr 13, 2016 Cheryl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Story was sweet and had a strong plot. I liked it and would recommend to a friend if asked to
latrice Simmons
Feb 08, 2014 latrice Simmons rated it it was amazing
I loved it

I truly enjoy your writing Deanna. I so can't wait for you to write more books. I intend to read every single one. cool writer
Alison
Feb 25, 2016 Alison marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
kindle (chic Lit) 259
C.E. Jr.
Apr 17, 2013 C.E. Jr. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the characters and how they developed through the story. I've read two books by this author and look forward to trying others in the future.
Jennifer B
Jun 06, 2013 Jennifer B rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved the book. I love how it emphasizes on the promise and knowing you have to let go. Beautifully written.
Kathy Marcum
I read this because it was free on Kindle. Fast easy entertaining read.
LaRae Mikulecky
Jul 14, 2013 LaRae Mikulecky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-lend
I couldn't put it down! Loved it. A lighthearted happy read.
Brandy
Brandy rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Melynda
Melynda rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Q&A with Deanna L...: Just finished my new novel! 3 7 Apr 17, 2013 09:44PM
  • The Secret Dreams of Sarah-Jane Quinn
  • Plan on It
  • Redemption Red (Wine Country Romance, #2)
  • HellKat
  • All for Love
  • Enchanted & Desired (Enchanted, #2)
  • Here Among Us
  • Your Gift to Me
  • Love Grows in Alaska (The Washington Triplets, #2)
  • Fender Bender Blues
  • Reinventing Claire
  • The Forbidden Secrets of the Goody Box: Relationship Advice That Your Father Didn't Tell You and Your Mother Didn't Know
  • Turnagain Love (Sisters of Spirit, #1)
  • Summer on the Mountain
  • Stepping Down
  • The Second Daughter
  • Heist (Heist, #1)
  • Forever Love (Forever Love, #1-2)
Deanna Lynn Sletten writes heartwarming women's fiction and romance novels with unforgettable characters. She has also written one middle-grade novel that takes you on the adventure of a lifetime. She began her writing career self-publishing three novels in 2012 and has since published eleven novels. Her next novel will be published in September, 2016 by Lake Union Publishing. Deanna believes in f ...more
More about Deanna Lynn Sletten...