4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  22 reviews
**2013 Finalist in the National Indie Excellence Book Awards for Romance**

Do you believe in soul mates?

William Grafton had the perfect life. He had a lovely wife, Sara, and two wonderful children. But one day his perfect forever was shattered when Sara died suddenly, leaving him alone to raise his children and figure out how he would ever get through life without his soul...more
Published December 9th 2012 by Deanna Lynn Sletten

To ask other readers questions about Sara's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sara's Promise

Steffi
4 inspirational stars!

Sara’s Promise is a book which makes you think, but it still manages to maintain a light atmosphere making it a unique read.

From the author’s website:

Do you believe in soul mates?

William Grafton had the perfect life with his lovely wife, Sara, and two wonderful children. But one day his perfect forever was shattered when Sara died suddenly, leaving him alone to raise his children and wonder how he would ever get through life without his soul mate. Five years later, he fin
Sandra
A captivating tale of love and forgiveness, Sara’s Promise will convince even the most skeptical among us that soulmates do exist. Realistic and well-developed characters draw you in from the start and keep your interest up as they battle personal conflicts while striving to hold together as a family. Although certain elements might require suspension of disbelief, this uplifting story offers a message of hope and is sure to touch your heart, if not your very soul.
Alle Wells
SOULMATES FOREVER

Two women die at the same time. One comes back and the other doesn’t.

“Sara’s Promise” tells the story of Sara Grafton’s family life, a life that her family struggles to carry on after her sudden death. Captured in a beautiful Oregon seaside setting, “Sara’s Promise” is about love and regret. Sara never regretted her choice to become a full-time wife and mother rather than pursuing a potentially successful career as an artist. Sara’s husband, William, lived comfortably in his p...more
Susan (The Book Bag)
Once again, I am blown away by another beautiful cover! And that question ~ Do you believe in soul mates? ~ I love to think that it is possible to have a soul mate. There has to be some reason that certain people 'find' each other.

'I just know,' Sara said. 'Even if something happened to me, I'd still find a way to be here for you and the kids. That's how strong our bond is.'

Sara's Promise is such a lovely story about everlasting love, with a little bit of magic from up above, trying to make thin...more
Julie Ramsey

Sara Grafton loved her life. She took care of

her family and they needed her. Her children

meant the world to her. Her husband was her

soul mate. She told him more than once

that she would be with him forever and take care

of their family. And then the unthinkable

happened. Sara died. William was lost. Sara

took care of everything. He didn't

even know where she took the dry cleaning. She

had said that she would always take care of

their family and now it was all on him. For

five ye...more
Lynelle Clark
I got to know Deanna Lynn Sletten through BookBlogs and posting about this new book's release in early December 2012. It was a honor to meet her and work with her making this book a success. A Contemporary Woman's fiction Romance that will keep you busy. Fast paced, well written to the very end. Leaving you with no questions but just the thrill of reading a good book.

She asked me afterwards to review the book and I was pleased that I agreed to do this.
A delightful Romance with all the twists and...more
Kathleen
Do you believe in soul mates? Do you believe in everlasting love, even after your loved one has passed away?

Two women pass away ... as they are suspended between life and death, they engage in a conversation which leads one of the women to urge the other to take her place among the living so she can love and take care of her family as if they were her own.

When Sara Grafton suddenly dies, her husband William and teenage children Sandy and Sam struggle to go on with their lives. Sara vowed to alwa...more
Wendy Janes
William believes he has lost his soul mate when his wife, Sara, dies suddenly. Five years later he meets Annie who is the only woman since Sara who has attracted him. She’s very different to his wife, but Annie has her unusual blue-green eyes. Annie doesn’t believe in soul mates, but William turns out to be the man of her dreams (literally). William and Annie do a lot of soul searching to discover whether they have been brought together by chance or destiny, or maybe they are fulfilling Sara’s p...more
Dianna
I have to say honestly that every book written by Deanna gets better and better. I have a lot of favorite authors such as Danielle Steel, Karen Kingsbury, but Deanna Sletten is right up there with them. I cannot wait until the next and the next and the next. She is completely awesome.

This story touched the very inner feelings of my heart. Whether you believe this could happen or not is strictly your decision. But, I can guarantee you you will be very happy that you read it. This should make a g...more
Norma Budden
A beautiful story of love which is redeemed even from beyond the grave. As one woman is forced to say good bye to a family she loves, she urges another to take her place through a conversation between both women as they were suspended between life and death.

I was mesmerized by this story from the beginning and it was definitely worth the time invested. It's a book I will remember for a long time to come - not only because of the story but because of the compelling cast of characters. They became...more
Ann Swann
If you've read Deanna Sletten's work, then you know what a deft touch she has with her characters. Sara's Promise follows that same tradition. The characters are real. They will make you cry, cheer, and cringe, but they won't let you down. In the long run, Deanna's story is one of forgiveness and hope. It is also about the cycle of life, and this is touchingly illustrated by the way the beautiful cover ties in with the ending of the book. All in all, a lovely, lovely love story.
Mandy Jones
A heartfelt story of love, loss and finding your soulmate. Deanna brings to life the characters and makes them real to the reader. The story line flows smoothly. You follow the cycle of life within the pages of this story. The reader will be hoping, crying and rooting for the happy ending to come for Will and Annie. This book make even a cynic want to believe that there is someone out there for you, even in the mists of tragedy. I really enjoyed this book.
Luisa
This was a perfect lovely book about afterlife, love beyond death and new beginnings. It was not sappy, it was wonderfully poignant and full of sentiment. I liked both William and Annie and loved the otherworldly touches of Sara and the brilliant colors. I also find this one of the best written books I've read lately.
Crystal Marie
Realistic descriptions and well-developed characters make Sara's Promise come to life for the reader. In the first few pages, Deanna superbly captures the angst of the teen years with Sara's daughter and then allows the reader to 'meet' each character as the story unfolds. Without giving away too much of the storyline, I'm particularly impressed with the way Deanna handled the experience of death from the character's perspective -

"The warm glow that illuminated the colors smiled at her. She foun...more
Sandy Wolters
Book: Sara's Promise
Author: Deanna Lynn Sletten
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Length: Approximate 259 Pages

Do you believe in soul mates? I do. In SARA'S PROMISE by DEANNA LYNN SLETTEN, we meet a family that is hit with a very large loss when Sara, wife and mother, dies unexpectedly. She has given up her dreams for this family she loves so dearly, but everything she did was taken for granted until she died.

Five years later, William is still grieving this loss of his wife and feeling guilty for finall...more
April
This was a sweet and inspirational read about true love, loss, letting go, and allowing yourself to love again. I enjoyed the book quite a bit, but I do have to admit that I ended up rating the book with 3 stars rather than 4 simply because the characters grated on me at times. I expected more of struggle with themselves with moving forward or more of a grapple when dealing with loss and the new love they found for one another, but I felt like the characters were very self involved and didn't re...more
Christin Berger
Sara's Promise is a compelling romance with an interesting twist and wonderfully developed characters. The author weaves hope in with the heartbreak but does not gloss over the aftermath of sudden death and crippling regret. Sara is the glue that holds her family together but most of them do not really appreciate all that she does for them. When she is taken from them without warning, her husband and children are not only stunned at the loss but the realization that they took her for granted. Th...more
latrice Simmons
I loved it

I truly enjoy your writing Deanna. I so can't wait for you to write more books. I intend to read every single one. cool writer
C.E. Jr.
Loved the characters and how they developed through the story. I've read two books by this author and look forward to trying others in the future.
Jennifer H
I absolutely loved the book. I love how it emphasizes on the promise and knowing you have to let go. Beautifully written.
Kathy Marcum
I read this because it was free on Kindle. Fast easy entertaining read.
LaRae Mikulecky
I couldn't put it down! Loved it. A lighthearted happy read.
Margaret Rackley
Margaret Rackley marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
DCT
DCT marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Asmira Kalabic
Asmira Kalabic marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Moretta (Meetta)
Moretta (Meetta) marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Lou Wooten
Lou Wooten marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Q&A with Dean...: Goodreads' Giveaway - Sara's Promise 5 9 Apr 19, 2013 11:03AM
Q&A with Dean...: Just finished my new novel! 3 7 Apr 17, 2013 09:44PM
  • Turnagain Love (Sisters of Spirit, #1)
  • Surrendered Hearts
  • Searching for Glory
  • Little Sacrifices
  • Sleeping with the Enemy (Jackson Falls, #2)
  • Reinventing Claire
  • Summer on the Mountain
  • The Girl From Long Guyland
  • Plan on It
  • The Secret Dreams of Sarah-Jane Quinn
  • The Burning Point
  • This Tangled Thing Called Love
  • Take My Heart
  • The Muse (Dark Art Mystery, #1)
  • The Queen of Minor Disasters
  • Cafenova
  • Your Gift to Me
  • Necessary Detour
Deanna Lynn Sletten is a bestselling and award-winning author. She writes flirty, fun, and heartwarming romances and women's fiction novels with characters that will touch your heart. She has also written one middle-grade novel that takes you on the adventure of a lifetime.

Deanna's women's fiction novel, Widow, Virgin, Whore, made the top 100 bestselling books on both Amazon and Barnes & Nobl...more
More about Deanna Lynn Sletten...
Widow, Virgin, Whore Memories Maggie's Turn Outlaw Heroes Summer of the Loon