Start by marking “Essential: Osvetnici, knjiga 1” as Want to Read:
Essential: Osvetnici, knjiga 1

Essential: Osvetnici, knjiga 1 (Essential Avengers #1)

Osvetnici, tim najmoćnijih superheroja na Zemlji, prvi put su se pojavili okupljeni zajedno u stripu Osvetnici, septembra 1963. godine u izdanju Marvel stripova. Strip su kreirali pisac Sten Li i crtač Džek Kirbi. Iako nemaju stalnu postavku junaka, slogan pod kojim se bore uvek je isti: „Nema tog zlikovca kojeg Osvetnici zajedno ne mogu da pobede.“

Među prvim Osvetnicima n
Paperback, Essential Marvel, 531 pages
Published 2012 by Čarobna knjiga (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Essential, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Essential

Mike (the Paladin)
I collected comics from the early 60s...what is called the silver age of comics...(I mean I began in the early 60s). I had the Avengers from #4 on, then stopped collecting in the mid 70s. If you're a comic book person you know they got a lot darker at that time. Then...in a finical crisis I had to sell my collection. So, when I came across the Essential collections I was able to recover at least the stories. I went with 4 stars since they are in black and white, but still they're good.

So much o
Renata
I think this held up better than Golden Age Batman. I enjoyed it, though it's still kitschy of course, with plenty of unintentional hilarity. (Like how after Zemo sprays the city with super adhesive glue, the Wasp goes to find "Paste-Pot Pete" to save the day. Thank God for Paste-Pot Pete!) It is a LOT of comics and my interest waned toward the end--but maybe that's just because Iron Man and the Wasp both left the team halfway through. (Also the Hulk and Ant-Man, but I care less about them.)
Adam Graham
Feb 15, 2013 Adam Graham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Launched in September 1963, the Avengers were Marvel's answer to the Justice League. However, there were some marked differences from the Justice Leagues. For starters, neither of Marvel characters, Spider-man or the Fantastic Four found their way into the Avengers. Instead, the Avengers featured characters who didn't actually have their own comic book but shared their titles with other characters. The first line up included Iron Man from Tales of Suspense; Ant Man, the Wasp, and the Incredible ...more
Fizzgig76
Reprints Avengers (1) #1-24 (September 1963-January 1966). In an attempt to destroy his brother Thor, Loki accidentally leads to a gathering of heroes. With Iron Man, Giant Man, the Wasp, Thor, and the Hulk, the Avengers find themselves as Earth’s mightiest heroes. When World War II hero, Captain America is found frozen in ice, a new generation learns of his greatness as he rallies a team that grows to include members like Hawkeye, Quicksilver, and the Scarlet Witch as they fight to protect the ...more
Zack! Empire
I feel somewhat bad for writing this, considering how much i love silver age Marvel, but this book is not very good. Just overall in terms of story, and the art, it comes up laking. I was trying to figure out what this book seems to be missing and i think i know: there are no subplots. The gold standard for Marvel around this time would be Spider-Man, or the Fantastic Four, and the thing that makes them good is all the subplots going on. While an issue of either of those would advance the lifes ...more
Helmut
Mar 07, 2013 Helmut rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, superheroes
Startet sehr langsam...

...und nimmt dann Fahrt auf. Band 1 der Essential Avengers ist für mich klar zweigeteilt: Der mühsame, extrem formelhafte und langweilige Beginn mit den Mitgliedern Iron Man, Thor und Giant Man... und dann, ab dem Punkt, in dem die Lineup wechselt, fangen dann auch die Geschichten an, Fahrt aufzunehmen und spannender zu werden.

Seltsam, denn eigentlich sind die Originalmitglieder an sich deutlich interessantere Charaktere - aber zuviele Köche verderben den Brei, und die Abs
Variaciones Enrojo
Edición española Omnigold, tomo 1 cronológicamente hablando.
Professor
Apr 10, 2007 Professor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of silver age comics
Man, a lot of folks I know who read comics look down on the 1960s stuff. But they're nuts. You want fun? You want high flown dialogue, loopy nicknames, epic battles, all bright but with just a bit of complexity, character conflict and such creeping in? With plenty of WTF moments and painfully dated gender roles and politics(okay, I may be one of the few that finds that part of amusing, but as time goes on we see the Wasp become a little more proactive)? Well, look no further. As a guy raised on ...more
Angela Davis
May 30, 2014 Angela Davis rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
Hark back to the glory days of the Marvel age. I enjoyed seeing the original Stan Lee comics and the basis for the popular movies. While I understand that the Avengers is a collection of heroes comeing together to fight bigger threats it felt like it was missing pieces of the story. I understand that this si due to each character having their own story arc and comic books but it made the whole collection feel a little disjointed.
Joe
Jan 05, 2011 Joe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Over a year and a half ago, I picked this book up to become better acquainted with the Avenger's origins before the movie came out. It was so mind-numbingly boring that I set it down a LOT. However, once the Avenger's line-up changed and all my fave heroes left, the book became tons more interesting. Hawkeye is my new favorite.
Aug 12, 2011 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic_novels
Reading the original 60s comics from a modern standpoint pretty much automatically leads to hilarity. The treatment of women is offensive (but I grind my teeth and say "1963! 1963!), there's a lot of (probably) unintentional homoeroticism, and comics have now evolved so far beyond this point, it is almost like reading a different medium. But still, fun, and worth it for the historical value.
Miloš
Jul 29, 2013 Miloš added it
Shelves: my-books, comics
Kolekcija od prve 24 epizode Osvetnika mi je donela mnogo radosti, ali ipak ne mogu, a da ne kazem da su ovi prvi crtezi i same price ipak mnogo u zaostatku za svojim modernim nastavcima tako da nema svrhe ocenjivati ovu kôlekciju, jer mislim da ta ocena kakva god bila ne bi u potpunosti bila tacna...
La Revistería Comics
El grupo que revolucionó al Universo Marvel y al resto de la industria de los superhéroes recibe por fin un merecidísimo Omnigold con el primer año y pico de la serie a cargo de Stan Lee, Jack Kirby y gran elenco, más varios extras y curiosidades exclusivos de esta edición.
Danijel
Sep 13, 2014 Danijel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Jedno od boljih stvari Silver age superherojskog doba stripova. Iako su pune klasičnih stripovskih klišeja i jeftinih zapleta, imaju taj neki šarm šunda onog nevinog doba kad su stripovi uveseljavali generacije klinaca. Ocjena je više onako subjektivan izraz moje nostalgije.
Jeff
Jul 24, 2011 Jeff rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great peak at the past into issues that would otherwise be way out of my price range. The cheese factor is a bit much, but hey we are talking 40 years ago. It's any comic book reader's heritage.
Griffin Files
Aug 02, 2016 Griffin Files rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of silly writing (Including The Wasp going to powder her nose in the middle of a fight) which I think just adds to the appeal
Templehurst
Jun 27, 2012 Templehurst rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history, 2012
Amazingly sexist, amazingly homoerotic, amazingly cheesy, amazingly illogical, and also highly entertaining.
Megan
Megan rated it it was ok
Aug 19, 2012
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2012
Shaun Baker
Shaun Baker rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2016
Bill Tucker
Bill Tucker rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2009
Rachael
Rachael rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2015
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2014
Rachel Swords
Rachel Swords rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2013
Greg
Greg rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2015
David
David rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2009
Craig
Craig rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2015
Kenny Duray
Kenny Duray rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2011
Devero
Devero rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2012
Elliot Huxtable
Elliot Huxtable rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2014
  • Essential Moon Knight, Volume 1
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Tomorrow's Avengers, Vol. 1
  • Essential Wolverine, Vol. 2
  • Formerly Known as the Justice League
  • The Ultimates 3: Who Killed the Scarlet Witch?
  • The Green Lantern/Green Arrow Collection, Vol. 2
Stan Lee (born Stanley Martin Lieber) is an American writer, editor, creator of comic book superheroes, and the former president and chairman of Marvel Comics.

With several artist co-creators, most notably Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko, he co-created Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Daredevil, the Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, and many other characters, introducing complex,
More about Stan Lee...

Essential Avengers (9 books)
  • Essential Avengers, Vol. 2
  • Essential Avengers, Vol. 3
  • Essential Avengers, Vol. 4
  • Essential Avengers, Vol. 5
  • Essential Avengers, Vol. 6
  • Essential Avengers, Vol. 7
  • Essential Avengers, Vol. 8
  • Essential Avengers, Vol. 9

“The power of prayer is still the greatest ever known in this endless eternal universe.-The Watcher in The Avengers #14” 24 likes