Start by marking “The Training (Submissive, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Training (Submissive, #3)

The Training (Submissive #3)

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  7,615 Ratings  ·  395 Reviews
Now, in the enticing conclusion to Tara Sue Me’s Submissive Trilogy, the submissive and her dominant explore just how long they can make the pleasure last…

It started with a hidden desire.

Millionaire CEO Nathaniel West has always played by his own strict set of rules, ones he expects everyone to follow—especially the women he’s dominated in his bedroom. But his newest lover
Published October 1st 2013 by Penguin (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Training, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Training

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Coming October 2013.....The conclusion of Nathaniel and Abigail's story.....The Submissive Trilogy.

The Training picks up on the heels of The Dominant. Abby and Nathaniel have rekindled their relationship, both agreeing to balance a life of a Dominant and submissive on the weekends, and that of a typical couple throughout the week. Nathaniel is tentative on this new plan...can he be both a Dominant and a lover to the same person? Can Abby turn off her submissive tendencies during the week and be
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 's

After reading both The Submissive and The Dominant, we've gotten a good taste of who Abby and Nathaniel are and what they want. We read through their trials and tribulations and we suffered through their heartbreak and have finally come out the other side...to this side. To this story that tells about them making it work.

I've thought a lot about how I wanted to express what I'm feeling about this story and one word keeps coming back to me and that's:

"dichotomy - meaning a division or con
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 26, 2015 Jacqueline's Reads rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books
4 Teach-Me Stars

The Training is book 2 of The Submissive series. The Submissive must be read prior to reading The Training however, The Dominate can be read before or afterwards, since it’s an alternative POV book.

I’m saving the alternative POV for when the series is over.

Nathaniel is super controlling dominate male. He likes things a certain way and with that comes rules. If the rules are broken, then there will be punishment.

Abby is Nathaniel’s submissive and although she’s new at it, she lov
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***
Perfect conclusion to Nathaniel and Abby's story.

I loved watching them try to understand and find the balance between being passionate lovers and erotic D/s.

While reading there's not a moment of doubt that the love shared between Nathaniel and Abby is pure in both body and soul. Seeing them fully accept both sides of their needs; be mindful of each other's desires; thoughtful of feelings and expectations was unbelievably satisfying.

"Watch my eyes. As I claim your body, I want you to understan
Maria Stefanou
Jun 08, 2014 Maria Stefanou rated it it was amazing
Στα πρώτα δύο μέρη της ιστορίας αυτής είδαμε πως έγινε η γνωριμία των ηρώων όπως και το ότι ξεκίνησαν μία σχέση συγκεκριμένου είδους και το πώς τη διαχειρίστηκε ο καθένας τους ξεχωριστά.
Δεν χωρά αμφιβολία πως ο Ναθάνιελ και η Άμπι είναι ένα ασυνήθιστο ζευγάρι όπως και το ότι τα μυστικά που κρύβει κυρίως ο Ναθάνιελ παίζουν καθοριστικό ρόλο στην εξέλιξη της σχέσης τους.
Μέχρι το τέλος του Κυρίαρχου όμως όλα έχουν μπει σε μία σειρά, οι πρωταγωνιστές μας έχουν εξομολογηθεί τα βαθύτερα συναισθήματα το
ღBELLALUNAღ
May 25, 2015 ღBELLALUNAღ rated it it was amazing
5*****Stars! I loved The Training! What a tantalizing treat! It really shows the trust and growth between Nathaniel & Abby in both their "normal" weekday love life and their sexual Master/Submissive weekend play. I loved experiencing a deeper look into the little intricacies of the BDSM lifestyle which was given equally from both his and her POV. I want more! :D A must read for those FSOG lovers looking for more just as I was!

I definitely recommend this Trilogy and look forward to reading m
Holly Noelle
Yeah, I still didn't pay for this.

She didn't even have the decency to maybe add in a scene or two that was different. You can find this with the original names on the internet, people! The characters don't belong to her.

The lamest.
Heather / Obsessed With Myshelf
The third in the series, The Training turns up the dial on Abby and Nathaniel’s sexy as hell lifestyle. Sensual, romantic and just a bit kinky, you’ll quickly submit to all the feels in this book.

The Training lets us into Abby and Nathaniel’s lives now that their a couple. How do they navigate these new and unchartered waters? Is Abby supposed to be a submissive all the time? So far, this is absolutely my favorite of the series. I think I loved it most because it’s completely realistic.

The Train
Meleka Taylor
I am so over this series! It was not what I expected. At this point in the book they are still questioning they want each other. If Abby didn't want Nathaniel then she wouldn't have taken him back and accepted his collar again. If Nathaniel didn't want Abby then he wouldn't have recollared her. And he wouldn't even train her. A man isn't going to train a woman he isn't attracted to. They shouldn't be asking each other if they find each other sexually attractive. That's ridiculous!

Then there is t
Andrie
Jun 19, 2014 Andrie rated it really liked it
3,75
Είναι τόσο δύσκολο να γράψω μια κριτική για αυτό το βιβλίο, μιας και όλη η σειρά μου προκάλεσε αντικρουόμενα συναισθήματα και πολλές φορές πραγματικά με μπέρδεψε. Θα ξεκινήσω λοιπόν λέγοντας ότι η Πειθήνια και ο Κυρίαρχος με προβλημάτισαν όσο καμιά άλλη σειρά. Με την Πειθήνια το μεγάλο πρόβλημα είναι ότι δεν μπορούσα να κατανοήσω τους χαρακτήρες (ειδικά στο πρώτο μισό) μιας και η παρουσίασή τους γινόταν σχεδόν μόνο από τη μεταξύ τους σχέση, μια σχέση που κάθε άλλο μπορεί να προβάλει τους χα
Natalia815
Feb 03, 2016 Natalia815 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 00-erotica
25 estrellas y por que siento generosa.

Si hay una frase que defina el libro es esta: "Menos cama y más trama". Vale, que estoy leyendo un libro erótico y debe tener escenas de sexo, pero en este libro es que no hay otra cosa.

No hay conflictos, ni dramas externos, ni largas conversaciones, sólo sexo en distintos escenarios. Hacia el final van a un sitio donde puede haber algo interesante, pero la escritora lo pasa de puntillas. Gran fallo.

Lo peor de todo, es que se suponía que iba a ser una tril
comfort
Now, me, I would have made this series a movie.

The third in the series is pretty much a sex-fest- but it is well written. With a title like The Training, you get what you expect.

Abby and Nathanial decide to live together and carry on with their week-end
D/s roles.

Abby thinks she would like to try living like this 24/7 but Nathanial is not too keen on this, he also asks her not to wear her collar during the week as this puts her in a head-space that he does not want to contend with all the time. S
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Το περιμέναμε πολύ καιρό, με μεγάλη αγωνία και ανυπομονησία. Όσοι λατρέψατε τα δύο πρώτα βιβλία της τριλογίας της Tara Sue Me, είμαι σίγουρη ότι καταλαβαίνετε ακριβώς για ποιο πράγμα μιλάω. Και οι μήνες πέρασαν και έτσι, το "The Training", μου μετονομάστηκε σε "Η Εκπαίδευση", βρίσκεται πλέον στα χέρια μας. Ξεκίνησα, λοιπόν, την ανάγνωση χωρίς να χάσω λεπτό και όμως, ο αρχικός μου ενθουσιασμός άρχισε να υποχωρεί κεφάλαιο το κεφάλαιο με αποτέλεσμα, όχι μόνο να ρίξω τους ρυθμούς της ανάγνωσής του σ ...more
RomanceBookVixen ~ Vianca
Oct 31, 2013 RomanceBookVixen ~ Vianca rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
I love this series. It was BDSM meets romance. I am going to miss Abby and Nathaniel.
Theresa
Oct 20, 2013 Theresa rated it it was amazing
I wasn't so sure about this series at first, but now that I've completed it, as a whole I LOVED it. My favorite hands down was this one, The Training because not only did you see the relationship and bond form, you felt the emotions right down in your gut; in your heart. However, The Dominant was very very close to being my favorite just as much as, The Training. I am an avid Fifty Shades fan, so to get the FULL effects of the story from Nathaniel's p.o.v was AMAZING (I think deep down that's be ...more
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review-Jo Rushton

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

This third installment in the Submissive series took me by complete surprise! I enjoyed the first two of the books but this one (for me) was perfect. I loved everything about it. I have to be honest and say that at first, I wasn't as hooked by this series as I had wanted to be. However I quickly became intrigued by the characters and wanted to see where the story would take me. I'm
Maree
Oct 09, 2013 Maree rated it it was amazing
I loved the third & final of this excellent trilogy story of the successful dominant, Nathaniel West & his submissive Abby. I really enjoyed the final story to find out if the lives would end up in true happiness. Great story & full of s&m. This story is meant for defiantly want for over 18 yr orders.
books are love
Dec 26, 2013 books are love rated it liked it
This is a good way to end this series. It’s a great showing of how they learned to bring their relationship to the next level and be able to be together and still have the Dom/Sub aspect as well. I love how they are able to start to work through their problems together and talk to one another instead of shut each other off.

This book both Abby and Nathaniel grow as people and as a couple. Nathaniel learns to trust and give up control when it is necessary and Abby learns how to trust Nathaniel mor
Linsey
Nov 15, 2012 Linsey marked it as rewritten-fanfic
See comments.
Cassandra Caress
5++++++++++++++ and even more stars for Nathaniel and Abby/Abigail!

The wonderful story of Nathaniel West and Abigail King continues as they have a new arrangement for their every-day-life and their Dominant/submissive-life.
As their weekends are HOT and sexy and sensual and limits are pushed even further, they agree that one thing they have to work on - communication. As their first round of being together was constricted around a lot of secrets and misinformation, Nathaniel makes it a big point
Lynsey
Nov 25, 2013 Lynsey rated it really liked it
Listened to on audio. Narrated by Sasha Pick & Adam Weber.

Good narrator, bad narrator. Chapters alternate between Abby and Nathaniel's POV, as does the narration, Abby being read by Sasha Pick and Nathaniel being read by Adam Weber.

I had the same problems as before with Sasha Pick and I'm sorry to say I just didn't like her performance. It sounded like she needed a drink or something because I didn't really need to hear noisy mouth issues. Aside from that, the performance was too fast and of
The Romance Evangelist
A copy of this book was provided by the publisher for an honest review at SeductiveMusings.blogspot.com.

This review may contain spoilers for The Submissive and The Dominant, the first two books in the Submissive trilogy. You could read The Training as a stand-alone book, but I wouldn’t recommend it.

After the riveting start in The Submissive and a somewhat tepid retelling of the same story from the hero’s POV in The Dominant, we now get the touching conclusion to Abby and Nathaniel’s love story i
Dyndyn
Nov 08, 2013 Dyndyn rated it really liked it

*review for the 3 books*

The Submissive trilogy's the story of Abby's journey to be a submissive under Nathaniel's tutelage.

In The Submissive, Abby tries to learn to ropes to the art of BDSM under Nathaniel's dominance while they both fight their growing feelings for each other. Abby & Nathaniel had great chemistry both in & out of the playroom that turned into something more which Nathaniel denies, not wanting complications. They eventually came to realize they were right for e
Allison Priddy
Oct 11, 2013 Allison Priddy rated it did not like it
THERE IS NO PLOT TO THIS BOOK!!!

I have no problem with the pain for pleasure spankings, but the punishments are hard to read. It makes me hate Nathaniel. In the 1st book I skipped over it & in the 2nd I read it to see how he feels about beating the woman he “loves”. Which was good because I started to like & understand him, but in this book we have to start with a punishment spanking. Only made me hate him all over again specially when we read his side & he comments that it’s gettin
Jacqueline
Gah I loved The Submissive and The Dominant but this was a tedious procession of kinky sex scenes with no real plot. Despite having it (ahem) rammed down my throat in this story I didn't get why crawling around wearing a collar or kissing your dominant partner's feet was a turn on and I think you need to get that to get into the sex scenes. Without that understanding the sex scenes cross from erotic to head-scratchingly bewildering in places. This story is exclusively about how they make their l ...more
Naike Ror
Feb 23, 2015 Naike Ror rated it it was amazing
Finalmente vediamo cosa succede a una coppia che decide di giocare. D'altronde se uno è un dominatore e si innamora di una sottomessa ci saranno anche dei lati pratici da mettere in atto no? Io a questi tizi che partono con frustino e poi si ritrovano a "scendere a pisciare il cane " non solo non ci ho mai creduto ma rendevano le storie bsm sempre piuttosto favolizzate... onore alla tara sue me...
JoAnne
May 02, 2015 JoAnne rated it really liked it
Nathaniel and Abby get back together after he starts some therapy and tells Abby the truth. They dated for awhile and decide to start up their D/s relationship again. But how is it going to work now that they are lovers too?

I loved this story. Love conquers all!
Stella
Aug 24, 2014 Stella rated it liked it
I loved the first two books and felt this one flat with no plot. They spent most of the time talking about the playroom and being in the playroom. I got tired of hearing Master over and over. In my opinion this book was not needed.
Brookechadwick
Oct 07, 2013 Brookechadwick rated it liked it
I am a little confused. After reading Abby and nathaniel's story i was so excited for this book. Happily downloaded the 3rd book on my iPad...started reading... What the actual f**k. Why is the 3rd instalment twilight fan fiction?

I was loving the story and then I had to learn who each damn character was with their new name and slightly different background story.
Not happy. Forced myself to read bella as Abby and so forth but when they introduced Sasha and Tanya in thinking to myself "no idea who
  • Weight of the World (Old Wounds, #3)
  • Living Backwards
  • The Darkness of Perfection
  • Healing Faith (In Your World, #1)
  • Starlight (Starlight Trilogy, #1)
  • The Billionaire Bum
  • A Multitude of Sins
  • Fourteen
  • To Serve is Divine (The Divine Trilogy, #1)
  • Grave Refrain
  • A Debt Repaid (Retaliations, #1)
  • Cocktails and Dreams (Cocktails and Dreams, #1)
  • How to Discipline Your Vampire (DommeNation, #1)
  • Once Upon A Temptation
  • Magic at Macy's
  • Live In Position
  • The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy, #1)
  • Pieces of Us
Tara Sue Me wrote her first novel at the age of twelve. It would be twenty years before she picked up her pen to write the second.

After completing several clean romances, she decided to try her hand at something spicier and started The Submissive. What began as a writing exercise quickly took on a life of its own. An avid reader of all types of fiction, she soon discovered she enjoyed writing a va
More about Tara Sue Me...

Submissive (9 books)
  • The Submissive (Submissive, #1)
  • The Dominant (Submissive, #2)
  • Seduced By Fire (Submissive #4)
  • The Enticement (Submissive, #5)
  • The Collar (Submissive, #6)
  • The Exhibitionist (Submissive, #7)
  • The Master (Submissive, #8)
  • The Exposure (Submissive, #9)