The Sibylline Oracle (The Sibylline Trilogy, #1)
read excerpt* *Different edition

The Sibylline Oracle (The Sibylline Trilogy #1)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  297 ratings  ·  69 reviews
When self-proclaimed unextraordinary Valeria Mills’ life is saved by the mysterious and charismatic Alex Morgan, Valeria’s life takes on a thrilling and terrifying turn!

Soon she discovers his secrets; Alex is an immortal and Valeria is the reincarnation of his beloved Cassandra. Together they must confront the dark forces of an ancient curse to restore her immortality in a...more
Published July 26th 2012 by BookBaby (first published June 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Sibylline Oracle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sibylline Oracle

Sandy
I read a lot, and I must say...this book is now in my TOP five! I loved how from the beginning, the author pulls you in, and keeps you on the edge of your seat until the very last page. I remember feeling sad as I approached the ending. (like not wanting it to end) Now, I find myself hoping the second book will be released soon! I truly felt as though I was there, I could see the surroundings, feel the passion and suspense with each page I turned. I have recommended this book to everyone I know!...more
Bill
Waiting for the second and third volumes of the trilogy.
I love immersing myself into a complete world, a'la Game of Thrones. The
The Sibylline Oracle (The Sibylline Trilogy #1)does it for me. I thought it might be a "women's" story, but the way Ms. Colvin writes, it works for anyone.

When can I get the next book? I'm WAITING impatiently......
Jennifer Mansfield

I simply fell in love with every single
Character! This book was so well written, I honestly did not want to put the story down! I learned, I lived and loved throughout the entire book. Now comes the waiting game for the second book! I can't wait!

David
When you are ready to curl up on the couch with a good book, THIS is the book to curl up with! Be prepared to lose yourself in this beautifully-written novel of love and adventure. Author, Delia Colvin, will capture your imagination as she transports you into the world of her lead characters, Valeria and Alex, whose love knows no bounds. The Sibylline Oracle (The first installment of The Sibylline Trilogy) is truly deserving of 5 STARS! Book #2 is most definitely on my "must have" list. Hurry, D...more
Randy Colvin
This book will captivate and stir your emotions to a degree that will keep you up well past your bedtime. I became so involved with the story of Valeria and Alex that I finished this book in 3 days – which is a personal best for me! This unfolding epic of love, commitment, and desire between two people is beautifully woven in a fashion that earns it "two thumbs up!" You will certainly find yourself urging forward, and cheering on, the hero and heroine of The Sibylline Oracle!
Rosanne
Delia Colvin has a hit with her new trilogy, "The Sibylline Oracle"! I quickly became engrossed in the lives of Valeria and Alex and their love story. Rich writing with characters that you care about and can't wait to learn more about. I can hardly wait for the next book in this new, great series! I highly recommend the book...read it today!
Laurie Brown
This book is amazing and the wording in impeccable! Her descriptive writing is so incredible you can vividly picture the beauty of the people and scenery as you read. Once you start reading you can't put the book down! Can't wait for the next two books!
Emily Kubat
I am going to be honest...reading the summary I didn't think it would be my kind of book, and as a mother of an infant I don't have much extra time to read. I decided to read this book because Delia's daughter is one of my great friends and I am so glad I did. I am excited for the next books. I got hooked and read the whole book in 3 days! It drew me in and that is saying a lot for not fitting the description of my normal type of reading. It was a great read and easy to follow story line even th...more
Susan
I finished this book in 2 DAYS and fell in love with Alex & Valeria! Their story captured me right from the start. The characters that make up their "family" are so wonderful, supportive, and entertaining.

I kept "seeing" the scenes as I read the book, which really makes me hope this gets made into a movie! I'm really looking forward to the next one and am so glad this is a trilogy. Thank-you Delia for a fantastic story..... and PLEASE HURRY with the next one!
Krissy Wright
I absolutely fell in love with this book. Definitly one I have recommended to all my family and friends. I CAN'T WAIT for the next one!!!!!!
Brian
Amazing!!! Delia J. Colvin is top shelf!!!
Zoë
Shame really, I really wanted to like this book. I found the cover, plot, story and characters to be interesting and it sounded like something that I would enjoy. So I was very much been looking forward when I had the chance. However, I didn't like it one bit. I gave up after four days, I was at page 62.

My problem wasn't with the story or characters, rather it was the author's style of writing. I found it easy going, which isn't a bad thing but I just couldn't find it engaging. But the main prob...more
Irene
Such a captivating story! I was drawn into the worlds of Alex and Valeria from the beginning. The author kept me intrigued thoughout the book and it was very difficult to put down. I was afraid that since this is book 1 of a trilogy, that the ending would be a cliffhanger - I was pleased with the way book 1 ended as almost a standalone, but with enough unresolved to make you want to know what else happens. The book is full of beautifully described settings, characters that you become invested in...more
Karen
Delia Colvin's writing style is a perfect fusion of classic authors such as Jane Austen & contemporary authors such as Stephenie Meyer. You KNOW an author is doing something "write" when their work has provoked the ol' reading bug within me! You also KNOW a book is good when you become sleep-deprived & you forget to eat! Can't wait to go through that again when the next installment in the series makes its debut!
Al Hatman

Tight script. Absorbing, unique characters. Well developed plot. Enough of the technical, we have a new star to add to the firmament of romance/fantasy writers. Ms. Colvin takes her place in the first tier and it's well deserved. Buzz has it the second of the series is even better than the first. Can't wait.
y
Bernadette Berrios
I really loved 'The Sibylline Oracle'...I loved Alex and Valerie as a couple, they are so perfect! I picked up the book on a Friday night and by Sunday afternoon I was done...I just couldn't put it down! It's an amazing read and every page left me wanting more. I'm anxious to get my hand on the second book!!!
Jo
I loved this book! Started reading it and stayed up to the wee hours of the morning on a work day to finish! This is the type of book that just takes you away to another world and let's you leave a bad day behind or enhances a good day! I can't wait for the next in the series.
Tina Bravo
This is so exciting!!! I finished the book and I loved it!!!I could not believe Valeria /Cassandra put Alex thru that at the end after all he has been thru! LOL! I can’t wait to read the next book!!!
Marybeth
Sep 08, 2012 Marybeth marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: excited-to-read
I absolutely can not WAIT to get my hands on this book!! I was foolish enough to read the first few chapters on Goodreads and now I'm dying to know what happens next!!
Jackie
Quick and great read. Finished within 3 days. I'm looking forward to the next book!
Zumwalde
Loved it... I cannot wait for the second.
Patricia
Sep 25, 2012 Patricia marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Ohhhh, Noooo!!!! Lol... I thought your second book was your first... UGHK! thats what happens when you work too much and have children... you lose sight of what YOU want!!!... I sincerely appreciate your return comment and now I'll be waiting till my kids are set for school so i can run out to get the first in this series!!!! I confess i sampled it on my kindle and i think i have found an addiction... to your books and characters!!!... you are an amazing writer!!!

I'd like to add a little more of...more
Pauline Angrilli Lagana

This beginning to a stunningly beautiful trilogy has sparked my love for reading again. Delia J. Colvin has catered to a wide audience with her tale of Greek Gods, friendship and family, suspense, action and a sigh worthy love story. The Sibylline Oracle consumed me every minute of the day. I fell in love with the characters that Delia made so real.

This book did not flat line anywhere for me. It was a constant joy to read that flowed from page to page. I found myself trying not to get excited...more
Tracy Coleman
Won a copy via First Reads.

What a lovely, charming book. The writing style just grips you and pulls you from page to page until before you know it you've been reading for hours!

I'm not a big romance fan but just as I thought this was going to start getting soppy the author sends the characters off in a different direction so it never gets overly sentimental.

The characters are very likeable and I found myself really caring about what happened to them and hoping for the best.

I look forward to read...more
Charlene
Charlene: I won this book through Goodreads and I was so thrilled with it that I read it through in 5 hours straight; there was absolutely no putting it down! I can hardly wait to read the next two. Ms. Colvin's characters are absolutely some of the best I've had the honor to read in quite some time - descriptive, believable, completely heartwarming. Thank you for introducing me to a new wonderful author.
Hope everyone else enjoys it as much as i did!!!!
Marv
I found this book so intersesting to read as it was written in such a way that I was able to easily create detailed visual pictures of what was happening. The story followed a logical sequence so I didn't find myself lost in the story time line. My hat off to the author and am waiting for the next one, with not much patience I might add. I am very pleased with this purchase! It definately held my interest from beginning to end.
Cassie Lawson
This books brings you into the story. You fall in love with the main characters and only want the best for them. There are also characters you love to hate as well. The story keeps your interest from beginning to end and I can't wait to see what happens next in this Adventure.
What a great beginning to a trilogy! The story had good twists and turns, and characters were easy to love. Can't wait to read the next in line!
Paddy O'callaghan

Here's a cryptic crossword clue as a review:

Q. The author's first twists into this perfect state.

A. Ideal

Colleen
To be fair, I am a sucker for everlasting love and the concept of soul mates, so Delia Colvin had me at "no matter what, no matter where, no matter when..." And the first book in her trilogy did not fail to disappoint. The Sibylline Oracle really is part immortals, part Greek mythology, and part Da Vinci Code in its suspense and intrigue -- all centered around the main theme which is the everlasting love story of Alex and Cassandra. Colvin has a relaxed and engaging writing style and particularl...more
Delia Colvin Fans...: Wanted: Beta Readers for this series! 19 17 Oct 20, 2013 09:50PM
About the Sibyl's of the ancient world 1 20 Aug 15, 2012 08:07AM
  • Immortal Becoming (The Enlightened Species, #1)
  • Word and Breath (Wordless Chronicles, #1)
  • Dark Rapture
  • Soul Meaning (Seventeen, #1)
  • The Tower of Bones (Three Powers, #2)
  • Strange Magic
  • VampCon
  • The Innocent and the Condemned (The Sirens of Rhine, #1)
  • A Balance Broken (The Dragonsoul Saga, #1)
  • Spirit Binder (The Cascadian Chronicles #1)
  • Edge of Shadows (Shadows, #1)
  • Dark Moonlighting (Dark Moonlighting, #1)
  • Prophecy of the Female Warrior (Nephilim Warriors, #1)
  • Birth of the Nyxian (The Immortal Choice, #1)
  • Guardian of Atlantis (The Children of Atlantis, #1)
  • Grimm End
  • Come the Night
  • Guilty Pleasures: A Collection of 3 Super Sexy Novellas
"We have a new star to add to the firmament of romance/fantasy writers. Ms. Colvin takes her place in the first tier and it's well deserved." Al Hatman, Author

Delia J. Colvin is the International Bestselling author of The Sibylline Trilogy;
The Sibylline Oracle - Voted Goodreads #1 Best Release of June 2012!

The Symbolon - Voted Goodreads #2 Best Release of November 2012!

The Last Oracle - Voted Goo...more
More about Delia J. Colvin...
The Last Oracle (The Sibylline Trilogy, #3) The Symbolon (The Sibylline Trilogy, #2) The Oracle Series Three Book Bundle: The Sibylline Oracle, The Symbolon , The Last Oracle (The Oracles) The Sibylline Oracle: The Beginning of The Sibylline Trilogy