Start by marking “True Confessions of Nude Photography: A Step-by-Step Guide to Recruiting Beautiful Models, Lighting, Photographing Nudes, Post-Processing Images, and Maybe Even Getting Paid to Do It. (second edition)” as Want to Read:

Read Excerpt

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  26 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Learn to photograph beautiful nude female models by reading this book.

This is the second edition of True Confessions of Nude Photography: a step-by-step guide to recruiting beautiful models, lighting, photographing nudes, post-processing images, and maybe even getting paid to do it.

Prior experience with nude models is not required to benefit from this how-to guide. This g
Paperback, 2, 126 pages
Published May 15th 2012 by Double Ink International (first published April 6th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about True Confessions of Nude Photography, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Confessions of Nude Photography

Choko
Nov 30, 2015 Choko rated it liked it
Shelves: art, education
*** 3.45 ***

More of an instructional manual than a book as such. Bunch of practical and technical knowledge for beginners and can be used for photography indoors as a whole, not just nudes, but a very good start for a novice.
Tom Carter
Jul 07, 2010 Tom Carter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a seasoned travel photographer, my genre is quite the antithesis of this one: I shoot primarily outdoors rather than in-studio, I rely solely on natural lighting, I profoundly prefer candid shots over posed, and next to never do I digitally manipulate my images.

The upside to constantly traveling across the world is I know probably better than anyone which cities and countries are home to the most lovely ladies (Tokyo tops the list). I have always envied photogs who work in the comfortable con
Lori Tatar
Jul 31, 2012 Lori Tatar rated it it was amazing
“True Confessions of Nude Photography” by A.K. Nicholas is much like a primer for those just getting started in the world of photography. With great advice like the importance of a great lens, (and no, five mediocre lenses are not as good as one really good one), to marketing your product and building a name for yourself, any photographer will find something of value within these pages.
Nicholas offers plenty of photos in the book, along with boxes that depict specific elements of the text as wel
Lori Tatar
Jul 29, 2012 Lori Tatar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Veerabhadra Swamy
Veerabhadra Swamy marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Ibraahim
Ibraahim marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Zachary
Zachary marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Joydeb Mondal
Joydeb Mondal marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Baset Stayone
Baset Stayone marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
GREGORY ALLEN
GREGORY ALLEN rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2016
Lucky
Lucky marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Shikhar Sharma
Shikhar Sharma marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Seth Hoyle
Seth Hoyle marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Hareesh Anapu
Hareesh Anapu marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Far
Far marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Kyra
Kyra marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Robert H
Robert H rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2015
Redd
Redd marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2015
Cagne
Cagne added it
Jul 18, 2015
Giovanni Vidotto
Giovanni Vidotto marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Michel Guindon
Michel Guindon marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Paulmavin
Paulmavin rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2015
Esmeralda1
Esmeralda1 rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2015
Kesha
Kesha marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Raj
Raj marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Ian
Ian rated it really liked it
May 19, 2015
Mulk
Mulk marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Ahm
Ahm marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
  • Erotic Fairy Tales: A Romp through the Classics
  • The Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica Volume 10
  • Best Bondage Erotica 2012
  • Love Letters
  • Populuxe: The Look and Life of America in the '50s and '60s, from Tailfins and TV Dinners to Barbie Dolls and Fallout Shelters
  • The Big Bang: A Guide to the New Sexual Universe
  • The Photographer's Vision: Understanding and Appreciating Great Photography
  • Hard Ground
  • Libidinal Economy
  • Gilles Deleuze & Félix Guattari: Intersecting Lives
  • Photographically Speaking: A Deeper Look at Creating Stronger Images
  • Derrida: A Very Short Introduction
4020961
I am an American photographer with a passion for collaborating with models and sharing knowledge. My vision is colored an upbringing abroad, traveling to dozens of countries, including museum visits and other cultural experiences. In the Middle East, I saw how women's bodies were hidden from public view; in most of Europe, there was little prudishness. In my youth, I put in my dues clerking and st ...more
More about A.K. Nicholas...

“Keep shooting. It helps the model's confidence. Flashing strobes are like
applause.”
12 likes
“Any files I give to the model are downsized (typically 800x1200 pixels)... By not giving out my high resolution files, they cannot be used without my knowledge.” 3 likes