True Confessions of Nude Photography: A Step-by-Step Guide to Recruiting Beautiful Models, Lighting, Photographing Nudes, Post-Processing Images, and Maybe Even Getting Paid to Do It. (second edition)
read excerpt

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Learn to photograph beautiful nude female models by reading this book.

This is the second edition of True Confessions of Nude Photography: a step-by-step guide to recruiting beautiful models, lighting, photographing nudes, post-processing images, and maybe even getting paid to do it.

Prior experience with nude models is not required to benefit from this how-to guide. This g...more
Paperback, 2, 126 pages
Published May 15th 2012 by Double Ink International (first published April 6th 2010)

Tom Carter
As a seasoned travel photographer, my genre is quite the antithesis of this one: I shoot primarily outdoors rather than in-studio, I rely solely on natural lighting, I profoundly prefer candid shots over posed, and next to never do I digitally manipulate my images.

The upside to constantly traveling across the world is I know probably better than anyone which cities and countries are home to the most lovely ladies (Tokyo tops the list). I have always envied photogs who work in the comfortable con...more
Lori Tatar
“True Confessions of Nude Photography” by A.K. Nicholas is much like a primer for those just getting started in the world of photography. With great advice like the importance of a great lens, (and no, five mediocre lenses are not as good as one really good one), to marketing your product and building a name for yourself, any photographer will find something of value within these pages.
Nicholas offers plenty of photos in the book, along with boxes that depict specific elements of the text as wel...more
Lori Tatar
John
John marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Nov 14, 2013
Samarth Shirkar
Samarth Shirkar marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Mohd Sobri
Mohd Sobri marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Duneview
Duneview marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2013
Yuri Stepanov
Yuri Stepanov is currently reading it
Jul 15, 2013
Elexious
Elexious marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2013
Shiva
Shiva marked it as to-read
May 30, 2013
Aes
Aes marked it as to-read
May 10, 2013
Darrin
Darrin added it
Apr 03, 2013
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
4020961
I am an American photographer with a passion for collaborating with models and sharing knowledge. My vision is colored an upbringing abroad, traveling to dozens of countries, including museum visits and other cultural experiences. In the Middle East, I saw how women's bodies were hidden from public view; in most of Europe, there was little prudishness. In my youth, I put in my dues clerking and st...more
More about A.K. Nicholas...
Lights, Camera... Nude!: A Guide to Lighting the Female Nude for Photography Exquisite Curves Up to My Eyeballs in Nude Women: Techniques to Recruit and Direct Models, and Build Working Relationships. How-to Recruit and Direct Nude Models, and Build Working Relationships

“Keep shooting. It helps the model's confidence. Flashing strobes are like
applause.”
8 likes
“Any files I give to the model are downsized (typically 800x1200 pixels)... By not giving out my high resolution files, they cannot be used without my knowledge.” 3 likes