Start by marking “The Tea Planter's Bride” as Want to Read:
The Tea Planter's Bride

The Tea Planter's Bride

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  225 ratings  ·  12 reviews
An exotic flower from a faraway land, Celia came to London to become a proper English rose -- a wide-eyed innocent, newly awakened by womanhood's kiss...yet burning with a sensuous heat inflamed by gypsy blood. To one she is promised -- a man of wealth and power and property. Yet another will own her heart.

He is Grant Hamilton, a daring and unpredictable American rogue who
Published November 27th 2012 by Avon (first published May 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Tea Planter's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tea Planter's Bride

Joshua
This is a well written, albeit, laborious book. I found this for a quarter at a used bookstore, and I've been dreading it because of all the terrible reviews. I almost threw it out, but I pulled this out of a stack of unread historical romance I got tired of staring at, and decided to hunker down and read it.

I would have liked it a lot more it hadn't been so low and muddy. I kinda get the sense that Mrs Rogers was half asleep while writing this.
Something about the way this book was written is li
Christine
This story makes no sense. None. And I don't mean that it suffers from certain romance-genre cliches involving improbable rakes and the virgins who reform them. I mean I don't get it. These characters aren't shallow stereotypes. They aren't that well drawn!

They're angry at one another. I don't know why. I don't even get that sense of chemistry in which two people want each other, know they can't have one another, and are therefore upset about it. Aside from the fact that there's no real chemist
I liked her older stuff from the 1980's especially the Morgan - Challenger Series. I picked up The Tea Planter's Bride hoping to find another sexy, entertaining book. Instead I found myself bored. I nearly didn't finish it. Stick to the older books is my best advice.
Tabetha Waite
I have to say I was rather disappointed in this book and didn't even finish it. For one, there was entirely too much backstory at the beginning before I even had a chance to connect with the heroine and we didn't even meet the hero until chapter four. By then, what was mentioned of the hero was not all that impressive, in my opinion.
June Marino
This is a long novel about Celia- a daughter of a gypsy and an Englishman. It revolves about the way she was raised by an aunt and uncle, her betrothed and the sudden uprooting of her life. It's an interesting tale with lots of twists and turns- not really sure it was worth the time spent.
Laura James
I thought that this story had a lot of potential, but it got so bogged down in unnecessary details and tangents that the plot only trudged forward. Ultimately I was unsatisfied by the lack of interaction between the hero and heroine.
Kathleen
OMG, what a waste of time & money. My own fault because when I bought it I didn't realize it was originally published in 1995. So, 407 pages of nauseating drivel. Never again. I will be much more cautious in the future.
Judith
This was not one of Ms. Rogers best books, but it was still an okay read. Rosemary Rogers has written so many great books and she should not be judged by this one! This book was good but not great.
Sri
I wish there were more scenes between Grant and Celia. And the romantic scenes were anti-climatic; it could have been more intense. The child sexual abuse was too much.
Gypsie Holley
Not exactly a pretty story. A ghastly childhood and greed is prevalant. It does end well though.
Kandace
May 24, 2011 Kandace is currently reading it
page 10 out of 407
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Barbara Lemere
Barbara Lemere marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Karrie
Karrie added it
Mar 08, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 21, 2015 02:58PM
  • Beguiled (Clan Mackenzie, #4)
  • A Heart For The Taking
  • Bold Conquest
  • Waltz with a Stranger
  • The Truelove Bride
  • Sins of Summer (Wyoming Frontier, #3)
  • Heartland
  • Maverick Heart
  • Forever in Your Embrace
  • Chance The Winds of Fortune
  • Spirit's Song
  • Nothing But Velvet (Litchfield, #1)
  • When Angels Fall
  • Morning Song
  • The Tiger's Lady
  • Twelfth Night Secrets
  • A Breath of Scandal (The Reckless Brides, #2)
There is more than one author with this name

Rosemary Jansz Navaratnam Rogers Kadison

Rosemary Jansz was born on 7 December 1932 in Panadura, Ceylon (now known as Sri Lanka), she was the oldest child of Dutch-Portuguese settlers, Barbara "Allan" and Cyril Jansz. Her father was a wealthy educator who owned three posh private schools. She was raised in colonial splendor: dozens of servants, no work, s
More about Rosemary Rogers...
Sweet Savage Love (Morgan-Challenger, #1) Wicked Loving Lies (Morgan-Challenger, #3) Dark Fires (Morgan-Challenger, #2) Lost Love, Last Love (Morgan-Challenger, #4) Bride for a Night