Start by marking “The Tea Planter's Bride” as Want to Read:
The Tea Planter's Bride

The Tea Planter's Bride

3.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  251 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
An exotic flower from a faraway land, Celia came to London to become a proper English rose -- a wide-eyed innocent, newly awakened by womanhood's kiss...yet burning with a sensuous heat inflamed by gypsy blood. To one she is promised -- a man of wealth and power and property. Yet another will own her heart.

He is Grant Hamilton, a daring and unpredictable American rogue who
Published November 27th 2012 by Avon (first published May 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Tea Planter's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tea Planter's Bride

Christine
Mar 22, 2013 Christine rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
This story makes no sense. None. And I don't mean that it suffers from certain romance-genre cliches involving improbable rakes and the virgins who reform them. I mean I don't get it. These characters aren't shallow stereotypes. They aren't that well drawn!

They're angry at one another. I don't know why. I don't even get that sense of chemistry in which two people want each other, know they can't have one another, and are therefore upset about it. Aside from the fact that there's no real chemist
Joshua
This is a well written, albeit, laborious book. I found this for a quarter at a used bookstore, and I've been dreading it because of all the terrible reviews. I almost threw it out, but I pulled this out of a stack of unread historical romance I got tired of staring at, and decided to hunker down and read it.

I would have liked it a lot more it hadn't been so low and muddy. I kinda get the sense that Mrs Rogers was half asleep while writing this.
Something about the way this book was written is li
Nov 19, 2014 Laura rated it it was ok
I liked her older stuff from the 1980's especially the Morgan - Challenger Series. I picked up The Tea Planter's Bride hoping to find another sexy, entertaining book. Instead I found myself bored. I nearly didn't finish it. Stick to the older books is my best advice.
Shelby Bowles
Aug 15, 2015 Shelby Bowles rated it liked it
ONE OF THE TWO OF MY LEAST FAVORITE OF HER BOOKS.
Tabetha Waite
Jan 15, 2013 Tabetha Waite rated it did not like it
I have to say I was rather disappointed in this book and didn't even finish it. For one, there was entirely too much backstory at the beginning before I even had a chance to connect with the heroine and we didn't even meet the hero until chapter four. By then, what was mentioned of the hero was not all that impressive, in my opinion.
June Marino
Aug 11, 2014 June Marino rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned, yard-sale
This is a long novel about Celia- a daughter of a gypsy and an Englishman. It revolves about the way she was raised by an aunt and uncle, her betrothed and the sudden uprooting of her life. It's an interesting tale with lots of twists and turns- not really sure it was worth the time spent.
Lyhomaliz
Jun 24, 2015 Lyhomaliz rated it did not like it
UGH -_- i would not recommend this book to anyone. not only was it incredibly dull and dry for the first 3/4, it was very dark with some pretty disturbing scenes near the end that eclipsed the supposed happy ending. it just wasn't a good book at all.
Laura James
Jun 26, 2011 Laura James rated it it was ok
I thought that this story had a lot of potential, but it got so bogged down in unnecessary details and tangents that the plot only trudged forward. Ultimately I was unsatisfied by the lack of interaction between the hero and heroine.
Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013 Kathleen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
OMG, what a waste of time & money. My own fault because when I bought it I didn't realize it was originally published in 1995. So, 407 pages of nauseating drivel. Never again. I will be much more cautious in the future.
Judith
Mar 11, 2012 Judith rated it it was ok
This was not one of Ms. Rogers best books, but it was still an okay read. Rosemary Rogers has written so many great books and she should not be judged by this one! This book was good but not great.
Sri
Dec 15, 2013 Sri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish there were more scenes between Grant and Celia. And the romantic scenes were anti-climatic; it could have been more intense. The child sexual abuse was too much.
Gypsie Holley
Feb 18, 2013 Gypsie Holley rated it liked it
Not exactly a pretty story. A ghastly childhood and greed is prevalant. It does end well though.
Kandace
May 24, 2011 Kandace is currently reading it
page 10 out of 407
Marilyn
Aug 24, 2010 Marilyn rated it did not like it
Shelves: bodice-rippers
Dumb
Jeannise
Jeannise rated it it was ok
Apr 27, 2016
Brenda S. Conant
Brenda S. Conant rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2016
C
C added it
Apr 19, 2016
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Alexis-Morgan Roark marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Alisha
Alisha rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2016
Robin
Robin added it
Feb 23, 2016
geri avino
geri avino marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Nathalie Michaud
Nathalie Michaud marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 21, 2015 02:58PM
  • Waltz with a Stranger
  • Scarlet Angel
  • The Truelove Bride
  • Whisper to Me of Love (Louisiana, #7)
  • Beguiled (Clan Mackenzie, #4)
  • Spirit's Song
  • Voyage In His Arms (A Spicy Romance)
  • Twelfth Night Secrets
  • Flame (MacPherson Clan, #5)
  • You Belong to My Heart
  • A Breath of Scandal (The Reckless Brides, #2)
  • Dream River (Wabash River, #2)
  • My Lady Rival (Belgrave Square Affair, #1)
  • The King's Pleasure
  • The Cowboys Heart (A Sexy Country Romance)
  • The Sound of Snow
  • Brazen
  • Flown By The Billionaire
There is more than one author with this name

Rosemary Jansz Navaratnam Rogers Kadison

Rosemary Jansz was born on 7 December 1932 in Panadura, Ceylon (now known as Sri Lanka), she was the oldest child of Dutch-Portuguese settlers, Barbara "Allan" and Cyril Jansz. Her father was a wealthy educator who owned three posh private schools. She was raised in colonial splendor: dozens of servants, no work, s
More about Rosemary Rogers...