Start by marking “The Tea Planter's Bride” as Want to Read:
The Tea Planter's Bride

The Tea Planter's Bride

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  210 ratings  ·  11 reviews
An exotic flower from a faraway land, Celia came to London to become a proper English rose -- a wide-eyed innocent, newly awakened by womanhood's kiss...yet burning with a sensuous heat inflamed by gypsy blood. To one she is promised -- a man of wealth and power and property. Yet another will own her heart.

He is Grant Hamilton, a daring and unpredictable American rogue who
Published November 27th 2012 by Avon (first published May 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Tea Planter's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tea Planter's Bride

Christine
This story makes no sense. None. And I don't mean that it suffers from certain romance-genre cliches involving improbable rakes and the virgins who reform them. I mean I don't get it. These characters aren't shallow stereotypes. They aren't that well drawn!

They're angry at one another. I don't know why. I don't even get that sense of chemistry in which two people want each other, know they can't have one another, and are therefore upset about it. Aside from the fact that there's no real chemist
I liked her older stuff from the 1980's especially the Morgan - Challenger Series. I picked up The Tea Planter's Bride hoping to find another sexy, entertaining book. Instead I found myself bored. I nearly didn't finish it. Stick to the older books is my best advice.
Tabetha Waite
I have to say I was rather disappointed in this book and didn't even finish it. For one, there was entirely too much backstory at the beginning before I even had a chance to connect with the heroine and we didn't even meet the hero until chapter four. By then, what was mentioned of the hero was not all that impressive, in my opinion.
June Marino
This is a long novel about Celia- a daughter of a gypsy and an Englishman. It revolves about the way she was raised by an aunt and uncle, her betrothed and the sudden uprooting of her life. It's an interesting tale with lots of twists and turns- not really sure it was worth the time spent.
Laura James
I thought that this story had a lot of potential, but it got so bogged down in unnecessary details and tangents that the plot only trudged forward. Ultimately I was unsatisfied by the lack of interaction between the hero and heroine.
Kathleen
OMG, what a waste of time & money. My own fault because when I bought it I didn't realize it was originally published in 1995. So, 407 pages of nauseating drivel. Never again. I will be much more cautious in the future.
Judith
This was not one of Ms. Rogers best books, but it was still an okay read. Rosemary Rogers has written so many great books and she should not be judged by this one! This book was good but not great.
Sri
I wish there were more scenes between Grant and Celia. And the romantic scenes were anti-climatic; it could have been more intense. The child sexual abuse was too much.
Gypsie Holley
Not exactly a pretty story. A ghastly childhood and greed is prevalant. It does end well though.
Kandace
May 24, 2011 Kandace is currently reading it
page 10 out of 407
Honeymoon
Honeymoon marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Alexandra Humper
Alexandra Humper marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Mary Suire
Mary Suire marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Natasha Caron
Natasha Caron marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Priscilla
Priscilla marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Cathy Beckett
Cathy Beckett marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Anita Fleming
Anita Fleming marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Water
Water added it
Oct 28, 2014
Darlene Bonds
Darlene Bonds marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
  • A Heart For The Taking
  • Beguiled (Clan Mackenzie, #4)
  • The Truelove Bride
  • Waltz with a Stranger
  • Bold Conquest
  • Maverick Heart
  • Heartland
  • Spirit's Song
  • Nothing But Velvet (Litchfield, #1)
  • Forever in Your Embrace
  • Sins of Summer (Wyoming Frontier, #3)
  • Chance The Winds of Fortune
  • When Angels Fall
  • Once in a Blue Moon
  • Morning Song
  • The Sound of Snow
  • The King's Pleasure
  • Paradise Wild
There is more than one author with this name

Rosemary Jansz Navaratnam Rogers Kadison

Rosemary Jansz was born on 7 December 1932 in Panadura, Ceylon (now known as Sri Lanka), she was the oldest child of Dutch-Portuguese settlers, Barbara "Allan" and Cyril Jansz. Her father was a wealthy educator who owned three posh private schools. She was raised in colonial splendor: dozens of servants, no work, s
More about Rosemary Rogers...
Sweet Savage Love (Morgan-Challenger, #1) Wicked Loving Lies (Morgan-Challenger, #3) Dark Fires (Morgan-Challenger, #2) Lost Love, Last Love (Morgan-Challenger, #4) The Wildest Heart