The Tea Planter's Bride

The Tea Planter's Bride

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  178 ratings  ·  7 reviews
An exotic flower from a faraway land, Celia came to London to become a proper English rose -- a wide-eyed innocent, newly awakened by womanhood's kiss...yet burning with a sensuous heat inflamed by gypsy blood. To one she is promised -- a man of wealth and power and property. Yet another will own her heart.

He is Grant Hamilton, a daring and unpredictable American rogue who...more
Published November 27th 2012 by Avon (first published June 1st 1995)

Christine
This story makes no sense. None. And I don't mean that it suffers from certain romance-genre cliches involving improbable rakes and the virgins who reform them. I mean I don't get it. These characters aren't shallow stereotypes. They aren't that well drawn!

They're angry at one another. I don't know why. I don't even get that sense of chemistry in which two people want each other, know they can't have one another, and are therefore upset about it. Aside from the fact that there's no real chemist...more
Tabetha Waite
I have to say I was rather disappointed in this book and didn't even finish it. For one, there was entirely too much backstory at the beginning before I even had a chance to connect with the heroine and we didn't even meet the hero until chapter four. By then, what was mentioned of the hero was not all that impressive, in my opinion.
Laura James
I thought that this story had a lot of potential, but it got so bogged down in unnecessary details and tangents that the plot only trudged forward. Ultimately I was unsatisfied by the lack of interaction between the hero and heroine.
Judith
This was not one of Ms. Rogers best books, but it was still an okay read. Rosemary Rogers has written so many great books and she should not be judged by this one! This book was good but not great.
Gypsie Holley
Not exactly a pretty story. A ghastly childhood and greed is prevalant. It does end well though.
Kandace
May 24, 2011 Kandace is currently reading it
page 10 out of 407
Donna Baldwin
Donna Baldwin marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Megan Moorhead
Megan Moorhead marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Donna
Donna added it
May 23, 2014
Earicka
Earicka marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Jessie Adreana
Jessie Adreana marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Kim
Kim added it
Apr 24, 2014
There is more than one author with this name

Rosemary Jansz Navaratnam Rogers Kadison

Rosemary Jansz was born on 7 December 1932 in Panadura, Ceylon (now known as Sri Lanka), she was the oldest child of Dutch-Portuguese settlers, Barbara "Allan" and Cyril Jansz. Her father was a wealthy educator who owned three posh private schools. She was raised in colonial splendor: dozens of servants, no work, s...more
More about Rosemary Rogers...
Sweet Savage Love (Morgan-Challenger, #1) Wicked Loving Lies (Morgan-Challenger, #3) Dark Fires (Morgan-Challenger, #2) Lost Love, Last Love (Morgan-Challenger, #4) The Wildest Heart