Start by marking “One Brick at a Time” as Want to Read:
One Brick at a Time

One Brick at a Time

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Tony Visconti is trying to put his life back together again after being dumped by his boyfriend several months earlier.

There is demolition going on next door to Tony's apartment and Tony feels the construction guys won't mind if he takes a couple of bricks from a pile on the site. He is apprehended by handsome Steve Taylor who tells Tony he's a bricklayer and the bricks ar
Published July 27th 2012 by MLR Press

To ask other readers questions about One Brick at a Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Brick at a Time

Cole Riann
Review posted at The Armchair Reader.

Tony works at home, designing websites, and being able to work has become difficult lately with the construction next door. One day he walks by on his way home and sees a pile of bricks, a couple of which would really help keep his planter off the floor of his balcony. He's stunned when a god of a man confronts him about stealing his bricks. Tony is happy though, because the guy, named Steve, warms up a bit and he knows that he'll be conveniently working righ
Alina
I love blue collar stories, so I couldn't resist buying this one.

Very nice and enjoyable, despite being quite simplistic and a little unrealistic at times. Cute and sympathetic characters made up for it, though )
Veronica /  V
Cute story even when Tony was not the sharpest knife in the drawer, the way he deal with the advertisement in the gay magazine was very silly. Apart form that it was a very nice story.
~SexyBookWorm~
I really really loved this book! the 2 main characters are perfect for eachother and basically fall in love at first sight but as with all relationships the world creeps in and tries to ruin them. I liked this book because the characters came off as REAL to me. I could totally imagine them in real life. JP is really a great author!
L-D
About 2.5 stars

This was a nice quick read and I enjoyed the characters, particularly Steve the alpha male of the story. The story itself was very brief and did not have room for too much development but it was good for a quick palate cleanser in between readings of full-length books.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Quick and easy reading. Cute enough story, but I had a hard time connecting with it, and there was not quite enough to sink your teeth into.
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Lina
Lina marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Janie "Cookie" Moretti
Janie "Cookie" Moretti marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Davina
Davina added it
Jun 08, 2013
Ashlee
Ashlee added it
May 07, 2013
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2013
Kristie
Kristie marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2013
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2012
-RMG
-RMG marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2012
Dallison
Dallison marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2012
Linda-Grace
Linda-Grace marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
Sam
Sam added it
Dec 13, 2012
J.P. Bowie was born and raised in Aberdeen, Scotland. He wrote his first (unpublished) novel – a science fiction tale of brawny men and brawnier women that made him a little suspect in the eyes of his family for a while.

Leaving home at age eighteen for the bright lights of London, he found himself in the midst of a “diverse and creative crowd” that eventually led him to the performing arts. For th
More about J.P. Bowie...
My Vampire and I (My Vampire and I, #1) Ride 'Em Cowboy (Ride 'Em, #1) My Vampire Lover (My Vampire and I, #2) Duet in Blood (My Vampire and I, #3) A Deadly Game (A Nick Fallon Investigation, #1)