Start by marking “Thirty-Six” as Want to Read:
Thirty-Six

Thirty-Six (Thirty-Six #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  27 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
When Aaron Cohen buys a souvenir from an antiques store in Lyon, France, and then sees the police raid the store right after he leaves, he has no idea that this is only the beginning of his troubles.

Back home in Chicago, Aaron is stalked by an old man from the antiques store. Mandie, a single mother in his apartment complex, has asked that they just be friends, but Aaron c
Kindle Edition, 1st Electronic Edition, 214 pages
Published July 26th 2012 by Golden Wings Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about Thirty-Six, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thirty-Six

Heidi
Oct 19, 2012 Heidi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recently read a lovely little book called Thirty Six, By Daron D. Fraley. I really got into this book because I could so fit myself into the man's shoes. This MC is pretty much the guy I married. He's a complete and unrepentant geek but brilliant and kind. My Sweetheart once tried to pry a gecko out of a glue trap intact. He nurses baby doves back to life. He once lent an online friend money he never got back so the man could eat. Yeah. Just like Aaron, he's that kind of man.

So when I read ab
Terry Deighton
Apr 29, 2013 Terry Deighton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thirty-Six is the type of story that makes you want to do some research to learn more about the subject matter. The background story is a bit predictable, and I found that I wasn't as invested as I'd like to be in the plot. When the darkest moment arrived, I didn't feel the depth of feeling that I usually do when such horrible things happen in a book. I found I was a little confused at times and had to go back and reread to clarify. This happened at the end of the book. Maybe I was distracted by ...more
A.L. Sowards
Aug 06, 2012 A.L. Sowards marked it as test-read-an-early-draft
I was a test reader for this book, so I read the pre-edit version. I’m guessing the final project is 4 or 5 stars, because the version I read was an enjoyable read. The main character is Aaron, a nice, average, slightly-quirky guy who gets more than he bargains for when he buys an old cube in a souvenir shop. It turns out that the souvenir is a stone from the breastplate the ancient Aaron (brother of Moses) used, and it comes with some mystical powers.

If average-guy getting mixed up in an ancie
Diane
Sep 24, 2012 Diane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from Goodreads. I really enjoyed this book and found the story quite interesting. Daren Fraley is a very good writer and holds your interest in the story.

I have never before heard this legend about there having to be thirty-six righteous people on earth at all times to keep God from destroying the earth. This goes back to the bible and the story of Sodom. Each of these thirty-six people are the guardian of a stone that was in the breastplate of the priest of the temple in Je
Tiffany
Oct 07, 2012 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daron D. Fraley’s novel “Thirty-Six” is a unique story of biblical-inspired gifts based upon Jewish legend that are thrust upon unsuspecting humans in the modern world. The “mere” human in this story is a somewhat nerdy, but incredibly compassionate tech guy who suffers from too much travel and not enough social life. I loved that the story line moved quickly, but didn’t skimp on details (and even offered a little romance on the side). I’m curious to see how other authors carry out the story of ...more
Jeffrey Olsen
Aug 01, 2012 Jeffrey Olsen rated it really liked it
Daron does a wonderful job bringing to life an ancient Jewish legend and putting it into a modern context. I had a difficult time putting the book down, especially the last half of the story, and I thought the ending was well thought out. I had never heard of this legend before, but I already can't wait to read the next installment. I hope at some point, all of the characters will be brought together with their powers to form some type of Israelite Avengers, but time will tell. Very good book!
Andrea Pearson
Apr 19, 2013 Andrea Pearson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. There was the right amount of action and even hints at romance. The main character was awkward at times - yes, it was cute. He's a little geeky and it's heart warming. :-) Thirty-Six is definitely a book I'll be reading more than once. I had a hard time not putting it down, and found myself thinking about it long after finishing the book. The new world that is opened up to readers was exciting and fun to discover. I can't wait to read follow ups in the series!
Leanna Choong
Sep 25, 2012 Leanna Choong rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was fairly interesting. I believe I had the same excitement level for this book about 1/4 of my way in until the end.
I've never read a book with this theme, so originality was definitely there.
Overall, I found this book enjoyable ...
Valerie Steimle
Aug 27, 2012 Valerie Steimle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It was a great adventure, story with biblical back ground history. A little romance thrown in and just an all around great book. A good one to get away from the world for a while.
Margaret
Aug 17, 2012 Margaret rated it it was amazing
This is a fascinating book in a series about the Lamed Vovniks, a legend that requires thirty six righteous people to be on the earth at all times, or God will destroy the world. This book is about one of them. Can't wait to read the others!
Marsha Ward
Jan 03, 2013 Marsha Ward rated it it was amazing
Dang it, Daron D. Fraley, you've had me up half the night! I just finished reading THIRTY-SIX. I couldn't put it down to go to bed, and now it's 4 a.m. I'll need toothpicks to keep my eyelids open today. Terrific book!
InD'tale Magazine
“Thirty-Six” is a story of mystery and adventure, with some Old Testament tie-ins to keep things interesting.

Read full review in the November 2013 issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Karlene Browning
Feb 08, 2013 Karlene Browning rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this. The characters were very strong. I liked the speculative elements. Very good book!
Carlajo Webb
Sep 03, 2012 Carlajo Webb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the mixture of religion and mysticism in this story. Looking forward to more!
Andrea Cox
Andrea Cox rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2012
Tony
Tony rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2015
June Collins
June Collins rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2012
Arlene
Arlene rated it it was ok
Sep 08, 2012
Angelia Phillips
Angelia Phillips rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2013
Andy Florek
Andy Florek rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2012
Kurt
Kurt rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2013
Kristen
Kristen rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2015
Daron
Nov 26, 2012 Daron rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Troy
Troy rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2012
Loran
Loran rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2012
Caroline Liedtke
Caroline Liedtke rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Daron
Jul 29, 2012 Daron added it  ·  (Review from the author)
June
June marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2012
Lisa Frampton
Lisa Frampton marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Lady Ozma
Lady Ozma marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Stephanie Humphreys
Stephanie Humphreys marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jessi Miller
Jessi Miller marked it as to-read
James Wang
James Wang marked it as to-read
Courtney Edson
Courtney Edson marked it as to-read
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Dsbsc
Dsbsc marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2012
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2012
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2012
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2012
Yvonne
Yvonne marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2012
BriAnna
BriAnna marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2012
Beverly
Beverly marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2012
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2012
Britt
Britt marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2012
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2012
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2012
  • As the Sun Sets
  • Shadowed
  • Fourth of July
  • Deadly Undertakings
  • Deadly Alliance
  • Failsafe
  • I, Spy (Spy Another Day, #1)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Autumn Collection
  • Beneath the Dover Sky (The Danforths of Lancashire #2)
  • A Melody for James (Song of Suspense #1)
  • If I Should Die
  • Sanctuary
  • Dark Sky at Dawn
3031982
Daron Fraley was born in Powell, Wyoming, but doesn't consider himself a cowboy. Living in France for a couple of years provided him the opportunity to hone his cooking skills and to become addicted to good food and chocolate. Apart from his loving family, teaching and writing are his two most favorite things in the world. A classic computer geek, he still likes to fish and camp, makes a mean appl ...more
More about Daron D. Fraley...

Thirty-Six (2 books)
  • The Healer (Thirty-Six)