Thirty-Six

Thirty-Six

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  15 reviews
When Aaron Cohen buys a souvenir from an antiques store in Lyon, France, and then sees the police raid the store right after he leaves, he has no idea that this is only the beginning of his troubles.

Back home in Chicago, Aaron is stalked by an old man from the antiques store. Mandie, a single mother in his apartment complex, has asked that they just be friends, but Aaron c...more
Kindle Edition, 1st Electronic Edition, 214 pages
Published July 26th 2012 by Golden Wings Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about Thirty-Six, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thirty-Six

Heidi
I recently read a lovely little book called Thirty Six, By Daron D. Fraley. I really got into this book because I could so fit myself into the man's shoes. This MC is pretty much the guy I married. He's a complete and unrepentant geek but brilliant and kind. My Sweetheart once tried to pry a gecko out of a glue trap intact. He nurses baby doves back to life. He once lent an online friend money he never got back so the man could eat. Yeah. Just like Aaron, he's that kind of man.

So when I read ab...more
Terry Deighton
Thirty-Six is the type of story that makes you want to do some research to learn more about the subject matter. The background story is a bit predictable, and I found that I wasn't as invested as I'd like to be in the plot. When the darkest moment arrived, I didn't feel the depth of feeling that I usually do when such horrible things happen in a book. I found I was a little confused at times and had to go back and reread to clarify. This happened at the end of the book. Maybe I was distracted by...more
Diane
I received this book from Goodreads. I really enjoyed this book and found the story quite interesting. Daren Fraley is a very good writer and holds your interest in the story.

I have never before heard this legend about there having to be thirty-six righteous people on earth at all times to keep God from destroying the earth. This goes back to the bible and the story of Sodom. Each of these thirty-six people are the guardian of a stone that was in the breastplate of the priest of the temple in Je...more
A.L. Sowards
Sep 03, 2014 A.L. Sowards marked it as test-read-an-early-draft
I was a test reader for this book, so I read the pre-edit version. I’m guessing the final project is 4 or 5 stars, because the version I read was an enjoyable read. The main character is Aaron, a nice, average, slightly-quirky guy who gets more than he bargains for when he buys an old cube in a souvenir shop. It turns out that the souvenir is a stone from the breastplate the ancient Aaron (brother of Moses) used, and it comes with some mystical powers.

If average-guy getting mixed up in an ancie...more
Tiffany
Daron D. Fraley’s novel “Thirty-Six” is a unique story of biblical-inspired gifts based upon Jewish legend that are thrust upon unsuspecting humans in the modern world. The “mere” human in this story is a somewhat nerdy, but incredibly compassionate tech guy who suffers from too much travel and not enough social life. I loved that the story line moved quickly, but didn’t skimp on details (and even offered a little romance on the side). I’m curious to see how other authors carry out the story of...more
Jeffrey Olsen
Daron does a wonderful job bringing to life an ancient Jewish legend and putting it into a modern context. I had a difficult time putting the book down, especially the last half of the story, and I thought the ending was well thought out. I had never heard of this legend before, but I already can't wait to read the next installment. I hope at some point, all of the characters will be brought together with their powers to form some type of Israelite Avengers, but time will tell. Very good book!
Andrea Pearson
I really enjoyed this book. There was the right amount of action and even hints at romance. The main character was awkward at times - yes, it was cute. He's a little geeky and it's heart warming. :-) Thirty-Six is definitely a book I'll be reading more than once. I had a hard time not putting it down, and found myself thinking about it long after finishing the book. The new world that is opened up to readers was exciting and fun to discover. I can't wait to read follow ups in the series!
Leanna Choong
I thought this was fairly interesting. I believe I had the same excitement level for this book about 1/4 of my way in until the end.
I've never read a book with this theme, so originality was definitely there.
Overall, I found this book enjoyable ...
Margaret
This is a fascinating book in a series about the Lamed Vovniks, a legend that requires thirty six righteous people to be on the earth at all times, or God will destroy the world. This book is about one of them. Can't wait to read the others!
InD'Tale Magazine
“Thirty-Six” is a story of mystery and adventure, with some Old Testament tie-ins to keep things interesting.

Read full review in the November 2013 issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Marsha Ward
Dang it, Daron D. Fraley, you've had me up half the night! I just finished reading THIRTY-SIX. I couldn't put it down to go to bed, and now it's 4 a.m. I'll need toothpicks to keep my eyelids open today. Terrific book!
Valerie Steimle
I loved this book. It was a great adventure, story with biblical back ground history. A little romance thrown in and just an all around great book. A good one to get away from the world for a while.
Karlene Browning
I really liked this. The characters were very strong. I liked the speculative elements. Very good book!
Carlajo Webb
I really enjoyed the mixture of religion and mysticism in this story. Looking forward to more!
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Lady Ozma
Lady Ozma marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Lisa Frampton
Lisa Frampton marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Janae
Janae marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013
Millie
Millie marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2013
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
Danny
Danny marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2013
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2013
Daron
Nov 26, 2012 Daron rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
3031982
Daron Fraley was born in Powell, Wyoming, but doesn't consider himself a cowboy. Living in France for a couple of years provided him the opportunity to hone his cooking skills and to become addicted to good food and chocolate. Apart from his loving family, teaching and writing are his two most favorite things in the world. A classic computer geek, he still likes to fish and camp, makes a mean appl...more
More about Daron D. Fraley...
The Thorn (The Chronicles of Gan, #1) WATER and Other Stories Son of Liberty Promised