Start by marking “An Introduction to Sappho” as Want to Read:
An Introduction to Sappho

Read Excerpt

An Introduction to Sappho

An eavesdropper never hears any good of themselves, but Claire overhears something by accident that sounds like a mistake but which demands she question it, follow it up, and work out why.

While being turned off by a bore at a lacklustre party being held at her residence, and with the night looking like a waste of effort, Claire stumbles backwards into a completely new worl
ebook, iBooks Edition, 12 pages
Published July 28th 2012 by Xavier Edwards (first published July 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about An Introduction to Sappho, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Introduction to Sappho

Rebecca
Sep 05, 2016 Rebecca rated it did not like it
Erm... I wouldn't call this a romance, I wouldn't even call it lesbian - even though it's about two women hooking up.
It's more like some guys fantasy about a straight woman trying out an experience with a friend who's turned lesbian for now. Whether she's bi or not isn't really discussed in th book but then there isn't really much in the way of discussion at all as it's only about 12 pages long..
Claire is at a party an overhears her friend Samantha talking about how she enjoys women over men, f
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Sweet, quickie story about best friends exploring each other sexually. One girl is a lesbian and experienced in the ways of pleasing a woman and the other is straight, but obviously curios about experiencing the pleasures of being with another woman. I am not typically into reads that only contain f/f interaction, but this one was great!

Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.
Gabby
Jan 31, 2013 Gabby rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Dear Mr. Edwards,

Wow!! I'm pretty amazed due to your good, smooth, exciting writing style.

I must admit that F/F erotica isn't on my to-read list, but as I was reading your book, I immersed on it, and that's what I expect a good, small book should be.

Even though this is a short story, characters were well traced; and the plot, well, was as should expected to be, no further less.

So, why you got 4 stars, instead of 5? Because I didn't like when Samantha describes "becoming a lesbian": either she
Angie
Dec 14, 2014 Angie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quickie Thoughts

This was my first F/F read, and I'm certainly glad it was! I really liked how the author eased into the sex, rather than having them jump straight into bed. It was very sexy and sweet. I also liked how it ended realistically, without Claire all of a sudden declaring that she's a lesbian, too. The only thing I didn't like was how Samantha said she "turned lesbian." I don't think anyone just "turns" into a lesbian.
Dee
Oct 03, 2012 Dee rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, f-f
What a sexy well written book. The characters are wonderfully written and very believable. The sex scenes are Hot as Hell, and left me wanting more.......I fully intend to read more by this author.

I have read a few other F/F books, most having a paranormal element, and I didn't care for them much. This book has restored my faith that F/F books can be very erotic to read, enough said.
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!
This book was a first for me. Just as it's a first for the main character! hee hee!

F/F books have never really appealed to me but I decided to give this one a chance. It was a pretty good story and it flowed really well. I also found it to be completely believable! I could see this happening and i'm sure it's has happened many times all over the world.

I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Nona Raines
Oct 16, 2012 Nona Raines rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this short story very much. I thought Claire (the character who always considered herself straight) reacted very realistically and believably to Samantha's interest in her. She was curious and excited, but a little bit frightened of her own feelings. I'm eager for a look at what happens "the morning after" and hope Mr. Edwards will consider writing a continuation!
Sassafrass
Full review to come but this was a hot little scene about the first time a woman gets her f/f on. it was hot, but I liked the ending more because things were wrapped up in a neat little bow, so it seemed more realistic.
Heather Lankford
Sep 07, 2012 Heather Lankford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a well written book. I could feel the nervousness Claire was feeling. At the same time I could also feel the want Samantha had towards her friend. Hmm, going to have to look more books up from Xavier Edwards.
Kimberley
Aug 02, 2012 Kimberley rated it it was amazing
A sweet short story of F/F awakening, graphic in actions and character emotions making you wish you were there playing the scene. More like this please :-)
* Booksessed * Bec
Book provided by author.
I have to say this is my first f/f read and it didn't freak me out as much as I thought it would lol. It was a great story of 2 friends experimenting. Very well written
Lance
Apr 17, 2013 Lance rated it really liked it
Overhearing a coversation can lead to something totally unexpected. When Claire overhears her freind Samantha blurt out that she is into women,, Claire doesn't know what to expect. But when Samantha reveals that Claire is the one she lusts after, it leads to a very steamy encounter.

Something that makes this story a little different is that neither lady knew of their attraction to other wpmen. Samantha shares a lot of details about her failed relationships with men, while Claire is never comforta
Arlyn
May 06, 2015 Arlyn rated it liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
√This book had some sexy parts and interesting exchanges but felt slow moving and lacked the heat I look for in an erotic story. That is not the fault of the author, however. I tend to go through phases in my genres and themes, and at this moment, f/f reads are not high on my list.
Leisha
Short and enjoyable read - my first f/f and it was a very good one, could make for a nice longer story.
Nancy
Sep 24, 2013 Nancy rated it it was amazing
Interestingly hot read for ww! Hot n steamy like all your writings! That secret was best told and was benefited from totally. Makes you think, hmmm...? Keep 'em coming Xavier.
Kat
Oct 07, 2013 Kat rated it liked it
Shelves: erotic, f-f
I don't have much experience with F/F. I found this quick and easy read entertaining enough. While it isn't my usual cup of tea I did like it.
C.L.
C.L. rated it it was ok
Jun 03, 2013
Aster
Aster rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2013
Odd Bin
Odd Bin rated it did not like it
Aug 04, 2014
Meme
Meme rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2013
Michaelann Jackson
Michaelann Jackson rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2014
Serena Wiley
Serena Wiley rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2012
John
John rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2013
Jules
Jules rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2012
Hubbys Subbie
Hubbys Subbie rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2013
Janet E.
Janet E. rated it it was ok
Sep 06, 2016
Malek Rabea
Malek Rabea rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2015
elmer cheatham
elmer cheatham rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it did not like it
Jun 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Birthday Games (Spy Games, #1.5)
  • Unleashed (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #2)
  • Taught to Kneel
  • Summer's End
  • Double Take
  • Choices (Luxuria Trilogy, #1)
  • Anna (Daddy's Favorites)
  • In the Service of Women
  • Baby Got Back
  • Continental Breakfast (Continental Affair, #1)
  • My Body-His (Marcello) (My Body Trilogy, #2)
  • Door at the End of Summer
  • Georgia's English Rose
  • Not Her Type
  • One Touch
  • Platinum Passion (Gods of Love, #1)
  • Love Match
  • Push & Pull (Push, #1)
Xavier Edwards (it might be his real name, no one is really sure) has spent his life surrounded by women, and writing. Growing up in rural Australia before the age of the Internet and cable television, there was no better refuge than in books. Any and all genres were absorbed as he and his three sisters grew up far from the hectic pace of the big smoke. The wide expanse of open country and natural ...more
More about Xavier Edwards...