O Barulho na Minha Cabeça Te Incomoda? uma Memória Feita de Rock 'N' Roll - Steven Tyler

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  7,070 ratings  ·  878 reviews
Steven Tyler é vocalista da famosa banda norte-americana Aerosmith, formada em Boston, Massachusetts, no início dos anos 70. Sua trajetória como líder da banda é narrada aqui, por ele mesmo, sem cortes: desde a formação como músico; o afastamento para tratar da dependência de drogas, sem muito sucesso; o regresso em 1984, quando, em turnê, Tyler chegou a desmaiar no palco....more
Published 2011 by Benvirá

Jennifer D
Dear Steven Tyler;

The noise in your head doesn't bother me so much, I get a lot of noise in my own head so I can relate, to a degree, but the words in your book really bothered me. A lot. Because the words in your book are a poorly put together bunch of sentences and nonsensical tripe. Way worse than almost any noise. Except for maybe that noise Jim Carey makes in "Dumb & Dumber" when they are having that most irritating noise contest.

Your anecdotes aren't even funny or entertaining. Also -...more
Steven said it best, "like most rock stars I suffer from Terminal Adolescence." And I felt like I was reading the diary of a 13-year-old. His story has become cliche: sex, drugs, and (a little bit of) rock n' roll.

There's no revelation here. No deep insight into him, his songs, or the band. In fact, you could probably guess and come close to writing the book yourself, but it'd probably be better written and less juvenile and vulgar.
Jeffrey Keeten
I'm not really sure what most of the reviewers/readers of this book expected. They are complaining about the adolescent, egotistical, drug abusing, sex indulgent lifestyle of a rock star. This was what I already knew about Steven Tyler and pretty much any other hard rocking successful star from his era and any other era. He is hormonally driven. He is an addict. He is convinced of his own rock star immortality. I believe that a large part of his success comes from being all of those things. I do...more
Buggy
Opening line: “Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that makes you smile.”

Reading about rock stars and their insane lives of excess is one of my guilty pleasures. I find the rise to success intriguing and then there are always the drugs, the girls, the inevitable rehab, more rehab and the stories behind the story. You know, how a song originated, what the lyrics really mean, why he fell off the stage. Then there’s also the...more
Lisa
Yes, I gave it five stars. I loved this book. Most people look at me as though I am crazy for having even bought it, much less read it, and no one thinks he has the brains to write a book and don't believe that he did so. But he has a very powerful voice, and I don't mean a singing one.

As someone who has created a public persona, Steven Tyler is a bit over the top. But he is also Steven Tallarico; a boy who grew up summers in Sunapee, N.H. There is no doubt that the tie-in of living in the same...more
Allison
As a huge Aerosmith fan, part of me worried this book would be self-indulgent, clearing Steven's own name while sullying everyone else's. Another part of me thought it would be all about his rock & roll decadence, drug problems, women. Walk The Way (the band's autobiography), but focused solely on Steven. I'll admit that part of me wanted that, to hear his side of the story and all the juicy gossip.

I didn't get it.

At first, I was disappointed. The narrative was scattered - a section on Steve...more
TBV
This book was a little better than merely okay (which is the two star rating here at Goodreads). I actually give this book two and a half stars. Steven is a great front man and rock singer, but not much of a writer. His voice and style are too much like the way he actually talks and after a while that makes for sordid reading. I enjoyed the history of his band Aerosmith; I've been a fan since 1977. I also enjoyed his own history, the descriptions of how he developed his music, touring, bands he...more
Jenn
From looking at the reviews for this book, evidently, I'm the lone dissenter. Aerosmith is one of the few bands/artists I've seen in person multiple times. Their songs are mostly silly and super fun. I like them a lot, but I'm not a super fan. So, when this book came out, I saw a lot of positive reviews. My library had it, so I put it on hold. I don't get it. Let me say that I'm not a terribly creative person. I'm certainly not a musician. And I've never done drugs. Maybe I just can't relate. Th...more
Debbie
WOW! I've read quite a few memoirs, and I think this is one of the best. Is it spazzy and hard to follow at times? You bet. But you know, it's the noise in his head. I believe he writes how he probably talks. I've seen other reviews complaining that it's about sex, drugs and rock & roll. Well - DUH! It's Steven Tyler. That's his life. He's an addict. He owns it. He gets help. Will it ever stick? Who knows, but he's not denying what he is. He tells of the love/hate he and Joe Perry have. He's...more
Ken
Actually, yes, yes it does. This book reads like being cornered at a party by that one guy who's a little older than everyone else and obviously went to a party one day years ago and never quite made it back. That guy who just goes on and on and just when you think you're following him, he veers and you can't make sense of him again. He won't shut up and you can't get away from him. That's how this book felt to me. One of the worst rock memoirs I've read.
Mignon King
Just started it, having waited months for the library copy to be available. Yes, I'm thrifty, but I'm also the only person I know who had read/bought "Walk This Way: The Autobiography of Aerosmith"--so I'm sure my Rock god will forgive me.

INTRO/CH.1 The first almost-20 pages of the book make my brain hurt. A little less stream-of-consciousness from a rocker who has done 50 years worth of drugs would assist readers who are not a)poets and b)drooling Tyler fans like myself. I love ya, Baby, but Ye...more
Leah (packfan20)
Wow - there should be a disclaimer on this book that says if you are offended by ANYTHING, you better not read it! It is very raw and a bit shocking in some parts (but it's Steven Tyler, should I have been surprised???).

That being said, Steven Tyler really is talented. I was impressed to learn that he's not just some that screams into a mic - he's a musician! I enjoyed his descriptions of how they mixed the songs and how he came up with a bunch of his lyrics.
Courtney
I am a big Aerosmith fan. I've been known to repeat songs like "Angel" and "Crazy" 10 times in a row. My "angry" song is "Walk on Water". And pink is my new obsession. So it was natural that I would want to read the autobiography (memoir?) of the man who started it all.

I had an idea of what I was getting myself into here (read: lots of sex, drugs, and rock & roll), but I was hoping that it would get toned down a bit to tell the story. Turns out that sex, drugs, and rock & roll IS the sto...more
David Rickert
I probably would never have picked up this book if I hadn't enjoyed Steven Tyler so much on American Idol (and there's a good chance that Steven Tyler saw American Idol as a good way to promote his boko and upcoming solo album). I also enjoyed Keith Richards' autobiography, and thought this might be another worthy read. However, I thought this one was just okay. For one thing, it's pretty raunchy, and seems filled with locker room talk of sexual conquests and "can you believe I did this and I'm...more
Robyn
Holy What-it-is-ness! That was a wild and crazy ride! Never would have picked this up if I hadn't loved him so much on American Idol...I did not listen to much of their music. Heck I was just a baby (wink, wink). Aerosmith has only had a 40+ year career!!
On AI, I fell in love with his big heart, his style and sense of humor! I had no idea what a genius he is. It was very interesting learning about this legendary performer and what makes him tick. But seriously, how has he survived? He was totall...more
Shana Dines
I haven't finished this book yet. The book sounds like Steven Tyler. ADHD and wild and crazy, just like Steven Tyler is. I was more interested in his childhood and his recovery. He is a phenomenal artist and like many is plagued with addiction. It is worse for those who are put on pedestals and have access to all the drugs that they could possibly want.

He also talks about how insane it was to be on the road. The artists, musicians make a lot of money and are pushed to make more for those who re...more
M Tremmel
Music documentaries and biographies (auto or otherwise) are my guilty pleasures. I cannot get enough. That is, perhaps, until now. Steven has the gift of gab as we've all seen who have tuned in to American Idol 2.0. However, the problem is that his publisher and editor do not limit the verbosity. Not even the most ardent music and Aerosmith fan wants to read or listen to the minute details of his upbringing and the endless stories of his rock n roll debauched lifestyle.

What makes matters worse...more
T. Edmund
Reading this book is alot like listening to a drunken ramble (if they lasted 60 years.) Not because of genuine intoxication of the author (although I can't be 100%) but because of Steven's eccentric, non-linear, thought process. While this biography will take you from whoa to go in the right order, be ready to jump forward, back, sideways and outways as the author's sidetracks threaten to take over the whole book.

So if you can put up with that, the story of Aerosmith's LSD is a fascinating tale...more
Apatters
The noise didn't bother me as much as some of the jibberish. I am the same age as Steven Tyler and dated boys in bands when I was in high school. Additionally, I also spent summers in New Hampshire when I was growing up so appreciate the the duality/dichotomy of his two lives. Although I was familiar with some of his music, I couldn't have told you that they were "Aerosmith" songs or that he was their lead singer - this could be that by time he was famous I was into other groups?

I actually wante...more
Elizabeth
Does the Noise in My Head Bother You? By Steven Tyler (pp. 400)

Aerosmith frontman, Steven Tyler tells his story in his own words. Always colorful and irreverent in his interviews, expectations for 400-pages of Tyler’s interesting word choice, rhyming combinations, overt strange, and likely indecipherable tall tales are understandably high. But with 40 years of material, a world-class rock band, drug addictions, and many front page romances, Tyler glosses over most of it.

The memoir reads mostly...more
Wendy Kenney
If you're looking for an education in sex, drugs, and rock'n roll, then this book will not disappoint. Steven (please don't call him Steve) goes into all aspects of his over 40 years of "living the dream" and some of his recounts are very graphic.

This book isn't as much an autobiography as it is a response to all of the people who have written or shared info about him in the past. It's more of a "well yeah, but you were doing drugs too," kind of thing.

This book reads like a school boy's recount...more
Melissa
I don't really know if it's fair to write a review of a book I only read 19 pages of, but I'm going to anyway.

I know Steven Tyler is a bit odd. He's entitled to that, with a 40 year career in music, having gone through drug addiction and all that sort of lifestyle. But, that does not mean that I'm going to suffer through horrible transitions and prose that's all over the place. It's like talking to someone who's manic depressive when they're going through a manic episode.

And the random capitali...more
Loryn
One of my all-time favorite reads. I know I said it many times but it was such an honest depiction of what his life was like--he held back nothing! It was sporatic at times and you finish feeling like you didn't get the WHOLE story... but definitely that you got the most interesting parts. I love Tyler to begin with so I might be a bit biased on that account, but his writing style was fun and you feel while reading that he could just as easily be hanging out with you telling you the same story v...more
Jeannie
Sep 01, 2011 Jeannie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans and non fans
Shelves: i-own
Wow!! Unsure if I can do justice to this book in my review. I was so eager to buy this that I made a special trip to town the day it came out just to buy it, then when I did start reading it, well it threw me for a loop and I kind of started dragging on reading it. This is because, for me, Steven (don't call him Steve!!) is such an unusual and out of the ordinary author, wow, the way he writes is just so different than anything I've ever read, well it was a tough read for me the first half of th...more
Brett

I really enjoyed this stream-of-consciousness style read from the frenetic Aerosmith frontman, and if you expected anything different then you haven't done your homework.

I have a new respect for him as an artist who really seems to have a method to his musical madness and his desire to make it big from a young age never wavered and was never questioned. Unsatisfied with standing still, his thirst to stretch and vary Aerosmith's sound is admirable and their staying power is nothing short of extra...more
Lindsay
Aerosmith is one of my favorite bands of all time. They were my first concert (I was 15) and I have yet to see a concert where a band's album lives up to their live vocals as much as them.

He's a genius lyricist, and his twisting of lyrics to play with a melody is the same way he tells you his life story in his memoir. It's sing-songy. It's funny. There's irony, honesty, humility, mistakes, regrets and growth. He doesn't hold back with his feelings or stories-whether they be good, bad or ugly.

I...more
Dr. Detroit
The scarves, the mirror shades, the rakishly cocked bottle of Jack. For Aerosmith, it is forever 1971. They are the Counterfeit Stones, Fake Faces, and Led Zep-lite, swaggering down four decades, scoring nul points for originality but rocking like a bastard anyway. At least until they got off the dope and sauce, if indeed they ever did.

It’s hard to imagine any Aerosmith soul-purge topping 1997’s “Walk This Way,” a tome so seedy with tales of Class 1 narcotic hoovering, shooting, and gulping that...more
Jo
I have the audiobook version. Now I know why it was so heavily discounted. [Not because of the quality of the audiobook, per se; the audio is excellent because it's very well-read -- the narrator isn't Tyler.]

2.5/2.75 stars. I wanted to like it more than I did. I like Steven Tyler & Aerosmith. Unlike a lot of people I didn't mind the stream of consciousness writing once I got into it. But, well, if you're easily offended, don't even think about reading this book. The language is filthy, the...more
vlthm
"The whole planet is singing its weird cosmic dirge. The rotation of the earth resonates a great, terrible rumbling, grumbling G-flat. You can actually hear the earth groan like Howlin Wolf. DNA and RNA chains have a specific resonance corresponding exactly to an octave tone of the earth's rotation"

This will be full of hippie-60-rock poetry and anecdotes. Being an admirer of Aerosmith I was delighted by the details. Someone else might not been. His writing is lyrical and clever with some truly b...more
Кремена Михайлова
"Пречи ли ви шумът в главата ми?" - истинско забавление. Още по-добре, че Стивън Тайлър не е истински писател (макар че не е чужд в "занаята" - сам си пише текстовете на песните) и разказва както би писал всеки обикновен човек, който не е "професионалист". В разговорен шеговит и жив стил, на места с типичните "тайлъризми" (непреводими изрази, игра на думи).

Същевременно е доста сериозна на местата с пълни откворения и моменти на равносметка. На 63 г. да се върнеш до най-ранните си спомени, да пр...more
Really....???? 8 35 May 24, 2014 09:40AM
  • From This Moment On
  • Lips Unsealed: A Memoir
  • Frank: The Voice
  • Tommyland
  • Tattoos & Tequila: To Hell and Back with One of Rock's Most Notorious Frontmen
  • Baby, Let's Play House: Elvis Presley and the Women Who Loved Him
  • This Is Gonna Hurt: Music, Photography, And Life Through The Distorted Lens Of Nikki Sixx
  • Between a Heart and a Rock Place
  • I Am Ozzy
  • Blonde Ambition: The Untold Story Behind Anna Nicole Smith's Death
Stephen Victor Tallarico, better known as Steven Tyler, is an American musician with Italian ancestry (His grandfather was Giovanni Tallarico, born and raised in Nicotera, Calabria), songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. He is best known as the frontman and lead singer for the Boston-based rock band Aerosmith.

In the 1970s and early 1980s, Tyler was also known for his heavy drug and alcohol abuse,...more
More about Steven Tyler...
Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?: The Autobiography Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?: A Rock 'n' Roll Memoir Aerosmith - Riff by Riff Metal Ballads Wkurza was hałas w mojej głowie?

“Seems like the light at the end of the tunnel may be you.” 27 likes
“Love may be the best driving wheel, but anger is a pretty good second.” 7 likes