Fifty Sheds of Grey

Fifty Sheds of Grey

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  419 ratings  ·  118 reviews
“She knelt before me on the shed floor and tugged gently, then harder until finally it came. I moaned with pleasure. Now for the other boot ...”

Colin Grey’s life was happy and simple,until the day everything changed—the day his wife read that book. Suddenly, he was thrust headfirstinto a dark, illicit worldof pleasure and pain.This is what happens when a tide of tempestuo...more
Published October 16th 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published September 1st 2012)

M.G. Mason
This is a parody in every sense of the word. Not only is it a play on the title of the best selling worst book of all time, nor is it just a parody of the theme between "shades" and "sheds" transporting the action from an erotic dungeon into a garden-based wooden shack and the innuendo that goes with the jokes, but it is also a parody of E.L. James simplistic writing style.

Let me make this clear: I have not read the book on which this parody is based, nor do I ever intend to but I am full aware...more
Arielle Walker
Simple but funny. Doesn't try to be any more than it is, and had me laughing out loud in parts. Also, it got the boy reading which is a huge feat and pretty much gives it an extra star.
Antonia Gregory
I originally found a hard copy of this in my grandad's house as someone had bought it for him as a birthday present, needless to say he did not understand any of it. After reading the first few pages I was hooked and had to carry on reading it. I only got a few pages in before it was time to go back home so for 99p I downloaded it onto my iPhone.

This had me laughing to the point that it hurt so I actually think it deserve 3.5 stars from me.

It's bsically 99p's worth of gardening innuendos that I...more
Jane
For those who aren’t aware, this book is the result of the wildly successful @50ShedsofGrey Twitter account, which popped up few months back. Described as ‘erotica for the not-too-modern male’, Fifty Sheds of Grey is DIY-inspired innuendo at its best. Not surprisingly, C.T. Grey’s shed plays the staring role in his tools and hardware sexual fantasy-land and I doubt, after reading his 140-characters-or-less gems, you’ll ever look at a mower or sprinkler the same way again.

‘I do have one fetish,’...more
Jamie
Reader advisory from the cover

[i] WARNING: This book contains graphic shed-based images. Please don't look if you are easily offended [/i]

Because my disdain for the 50 Shades Trilogy of Tripe is somewhat legendary, certain people like to take the Micheal...Hence I got this for Christmas.

[i] Ever since she read THAT book, I've had to buy all kinds of ropes, chains and shackles. She still manages to get in the shed though. [/i]

Colin Grey is a happy man with simple tastes, or he is until his wife r...more
Amber Harrison
Well… I read this on the packed bus home from town, bursting into hysterics every now and then, quietly giggling and reading bits out to my mother. We got some strange looks but it was a most enjoyable bus ride. I did find that the longer pages of the book (the actual plot line) were a little boring but the puns played well to my humour and kept me amused. I don’t think there is anything else left to say about it.
Bernadine
Certainly a quick read, but one that had me smiling and even laughing out loud.
"Hurt me as only a real man can", so I left up the toilet seat.
No you don't have to have read 50 Shades and this further echoes why you wouldn't want to. A gentle mockery of that badly written bestseller.
Some lovely photography too. That said I'm not sure that the hefty price tag is justified.
Pippa
This is a very short parody .....loosely based on fifty shades of grey. As the book is described it does show plenty of pictures of sheds and there is a slight story being told.
I actually thought it would be much funnier and have more of a storyline, hay ho.....filled a 15 minute gap an that was with looking at the pictures. A very short read!
Kate Aaron
Dear god I've just spent five minutes howling with laughter. This book is silly and puerile and hilarious.

"Are you sure you can take the pain?" she demanded, brandishing a pair of stilettos.
"I think so," I gulped
"here we go then," she said, and she showed me the receipt.

Genius.
Marran
what can I say other then lol.....I recently started following the twitter of @fiftyshedsofgrey

You can make do with the twitter but the book only cost a little over $3 so I figured it would be fun to have

it's a really short book though my bookreader says 78 pages (epub)
Angie
Feb 27, 2014 Angie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parody fans
Recommended to Angie by: no one
Shelves: adult-humor, ebook
This was a pretty funny spoof of fifty shades of grey, where a guy is obsessed with garden sheds. It's a bit short, I read it in about half an hour, but some of the things in it had me laugh out loud.
Carrie Foster
I started the book thinking the writing had to be as atrocious as the originals were, color me mildly impressed. I sadly give this wonderful waste of twenty minutes, four stars more than the originals, it would've been five but I can't give a negative rating star wise or the originals would've qualified.

I made the mistake of reading this particular parody after the rest of the house went to sleep, and about died trying to guffaw quietly.

this is one if those books you can give to even the most...more
Andy Angel
An okay parody, just glad I got it at a discount price.
Giggle Snort
Jun 12, 2013 Giggle Snort rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers and haters of the original 'Fifty' trilogy
Shelves: reviewed
REVIEWED BY JOJO WRITES

In all honesty I wasn’t sure what to expect when I started reading this book, and not being a fan of the original series of books I had a degree of trepidation.

But it was completely unfounded and I freely admit I was wrong. I was almost immediately drawn into Colin’s life and his shed history as I sat behind my not-so-vast desk, in my not-so-vast room.

I mean, seriously, how can you not love something with the following line…
“My heart raced to see her lush, overgrown lawn –
Patrick Neylan
The only joke in this book is in the title. How far can you go with shed-based puns mimicking mild erotica? Not far, it seems. This isn't a book: it's a novelty gift item and you can read it in ten minutes, but the joke wears thin after five. I only read it because a friend left it at a party. I'm a bit embarrassed to have read it at all.
Russio
If you rate the original then no doubt this is some kind of high art to you, perhaps a kind of latter day Oscar Wilde. Having not read it this was a useful flypast for me, hinting at the key "plot" points of the original without me having to endure the agonising brain-sodomy I understand it to contain.

Essentially replacing the rude words with "shed," this is a hit and miss affair (no pun intended) with some amusing double entendres piled up next to some fairly humdrum ones. And that is about it...more
Indah Threez Lestari
400 - 2014

Garden based erotica! Very like it!

LOLROTF XD

Review suka-suka ada di sini
Darren Humphries
Clearly I didn't get the joke. Others apparently did. Still, at 20p it's not the worst investment I ever made.
Heather Mims
Eh, this guy is nowhere near as funny as he seems to think he is, but it wasn't awful.
Callie
I thought this parody was very funny. It was a short easy to read book but made me laugh.
Lisa
Although it took me less than half an hour to read this I did find it very funny.
Grace Harwood
Okay there's not much to this - in all it took me seven whole minutes to read it - and I don't know how it compares to the originals as I haven't read them - but this is a very silly, very funny book featuring some lovely photos of sheds. Despite containing very little in the way of plot, character development, and any of the other stuff a good book normally relies on, the reader still comes away with the sense of a strong male lead who clearly loves his sheds. Plus lots of that stalwart of Brit...more
Fiona Stewart
Had a good laugh reading this
Knut Sigurd
Det er ikkje fritt for at eg har flirt ganske mykje av twitteren denne stutte boka byggjer på, og eg hadde nok ikkje blitt skuffa om boka berre var ei oppramsing av gamle tweets. Heldigvis har forfattaren skrive noko meir, lagt til ei rammeforteljing og endåtil ein song, så det er i grunnen ingenting negativt å seie om boka. Med mindre ein meiner at det er negativt å vere så innmari derivativ.
Marie Smith
A light humorous read.

You need to have read 50 shades to appreciate this, worth a one of read on the kindle but not worth buying in paperback at the current price. Ideal for a coffee break and a light office chat but you wouldn't be missing much by skipping past this on the book shelf.

This does what it says on the tin, its a parady, brief and humorous at a first read.
Jazzy Lemon
Tongue in cheek and innuendo! And i have no doubt whatsoever that this book is a lot better than the one it's a parody of.
Helen Callaghan
I just didn't get it. It was on some Amazon special deal for mere pence and I bought it ages ago, but I still feel swizzled. I finally got around to flipping through it. It gets one star for a joke in the middle - "Hurt me!". "All right, you look fat in that dress." But really, don't waste your time. Watch some Dylan Moran and get to laugh more than once.
Matt Beal
Quite silly, a few very funny passages
Kylie G
going to start the new year with a bit of fluff!!! still can't bring myself to read fifty shades freed!!! x. well, read it in about 15 minutes, good for a little titter. well worth 20p. depending on howi get on with my challenge of reading 30 books this year, I reserve the right to remove this book later!!!!
  • 9 Lives (Undying Love, #2)
  • The Half-life of Hannah
  • Beautiful Creatures : The Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • A Guy's Secret Guide to Fifty Shades of Grey
  • Fifty Shades of Beige (Book One of the Fifty Shades Parody)
  • From Aberystwyth with Love (Aberystwyth Noir, #5)
  • Thursdays in the Park
  • A Longtime (and at one point illegal) Crush
  • Reawakened (Once Upon a Time, #1)
  • Glass Geishas
  • Glasshopper
  • Morgue Drawer Next Door (Morgue Drawer, #2)
  • Lucky Stars
  • The Kafenion
  • Against All Odds
  • Not Dreaming of You (Dreaming #1)
  • A Dreadful Murder: The Mysterious Death of Caroline Luard
  • Lost In Light (Teacher's Pet, #1)
Fifty Sheds Damper - A Parody