Start by marking “Fifty Sheds of Grey” as Want to Read:
Fifty Sheds of Grey

Fifty Sheds of Grey

3.49  ·  Rating Details  ·  947 Ratings  ·  150 Reviews
“She knelt before me on the shed floor and tugged gently, then harder until finally it came. I moaned with pleasure. Now for the other boot ...”

Colin Grey’s life was happy and simple,until the day everything changed—the day his wife read that book. Suddenly, he was thrust headfirstinto a dark, illicit worldof pleasure and pain.This is what happens when a tide of tempestu
Published October 16th 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published September 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fifty Sheds of Grey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fifty Sheds of Grey

M.G. Mason
Feb 04, 2013 M.G. Mason rated it really liked it
This is a parody in every sense of the word. Not only is it a play on the title of the best selling worst book of all time, nor is it just a parody of the theme between "shades" and "sheds" transporting the action from an erotic dungeon into a garden-based wooden shack and the innuendo that goes with the jokes, but it is also a parody of E.L. James simplistic writing style.

Let me make this clear: I have not read the book on which this parody is based, nor do I ever intend to but I am full aware
Arielle Walker
Feb 11, 2013 Arielle Walker rated it really liked it
Simple but funny. Doesn't try to be any more than it is, and had me laughing out loud in parts. Also, it got the boy reading which is a huge feat and pretty much gives it an extra star.
Peter
Jan 05, 2016 Peter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
A funny book of giggles, not highbrow just stupid and silly. Do you know what? I enjoyed it as light relief from the heavy reading of Greg Bear's Darwin's Radio.
Gerry
Dec 21, 2014 Gerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Fifty Shades of Grey' is a really erotic novel - oh, sorry, I am not reading that book, am I? This one is 'Fifty Sheds of Grey' and if 'Shades' is erotic in an overt way, 'Sheds' is erotic in a covert way. The reason for this is that it is full of double-entendres, if one has that kind of mind. If not it is simply a statement of basic facts that may not be very exciting!

The strap-line on the cover states that it is 'A parody', yes it is, of 'Shades', and that it is 'Erotica for the not-too-mode
Mara van Ness
Jan 03, 2016 Mara van Ness rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ik had 'Fifty Sheds of Grey' een jaar of twee geleden op het Boekenfestijn gekocht, maar was er nog niet aan toe gekomen om het te lezen. En dat terwijl het hooguit een kwartiertje duurde, haha. Vier sterren omdat het me aan het lachen maakte met pareltjes als:
'Harder,' she cried, gripping the workbench tightly, 'Harder!'
'Alright,' I said. 'What's the gross national product of Nicaragua?'

'Put on this rubber suit and mask,' I instructed, calmly.
'Mmmm ... kinky,' she purred.
'Yes,' I said. 'Plus yo
Wild1
Nov 11, 2014 Wild1 rated it really liked it
Ha ha, had me giggling out loud - not good in the quiet coach on the train!
So childish, but fun!
Antonia Gregory
I originally found a hard copy of this in my grandad's house as someone had bought it for him as a birthday present, needless to say he did not understand any of it. After reading the first few pages I was hooked and had to carry on reading it. I only got a few pages in before it was time to go back home so for 99p I downloaded it onto my iPhone.

This had me laughing to the point that it hurt so I actually think it deserve 3.5 stars from me.

It's bsically 99p's worth of gardening innuendos that I
Jane
Jun 01, 2016 Jane rated it really liked it
For those who aren’t aware, this book is the result of the wildly successful @50ShedsofGrey Twitter account, which popped up few months back. Described as ‘erotica for the not-too-modern male’, Fifty Sheds of Grey is DIY-inspired innuendo at its best. Not surprisingly, C.T. Grey’s shed plays the staring role in his tools and hardware sexual fantasy-land and I doubt, after reading his 140-characters-or-less gems, you’ll ever look at a mower or sprinkler the same way again.

‘I do have one fetish,’
Andre
Aug 23, 2015 Andre rated it liked it
Shelves: parody
I was a little bit disappointed by this book since I had read snippets before and assumed the entire book was just as funny. Well it wasn't of course, but it was still funny.
Whether all of these pictures of sheds and tools were really necessary is another question. I don't think it was. But it did help in separating the text snippets when necessary albeit in other cases I think it created an illusion of separation of the text from one page to another.
Now while this book was funny for me, I think
Erica D`souza
Apr 18, 2016 Erica D`souza rated it really liked it
I`ve been waiting to get a copy of my won because this is one hilarious book. Not all the way through, but it's a fun read. I enjoyed reading this beauty in one sitting.

I haven't read the original book yet, that is 50 shades of Grey, but I didn't think twice when picking this one because I was prepared to read about one man who loves his shed, battle his wife who is obsessed with THAT BOOK - the one with a knotted tie on the cover. The author goes on to say he has never been more surprised to f
Charon Lloyd-Roberts
WARNING: This contains graphic shed-based images. Please don't look if you're easily offended.

I only heard about this book a day ago and what did I do today on my latest book haul? I bought this book and "Fifty Sheds: Three in a Shed" I refuse to read the last book until I have "Fifty Sheds Damper" anyway whatever you do don't read this book in public I did but it was hard not to laugh at this short and entertaining book.

And here's my favorite bit:
"Make me feel pain like I've never felt before."
Lozzi Counsell
Mar 09, 2015 Lozzi Counsell rated it liked it
So funny! But I didn't get the story line. I would have preferred it as just a book of funny quotes!
Kiran Kaur
Not very well-written, but interesting enough to finish, if you like this kind of thing which I do. I don't particularly like the characters, and the things that happen are very unbelievable in my opinion. I don't think Ana was very strong, I don't think the dialogue was particularly smart and I don't think Christian had enough redeeming qualities to make him as irresistible as Ana found him. In addition, the writing is repetitive and the sex was lukewarm. For such a proclaimed raunchy book and ...more
Jamie
Feb 20, 2014 Jamie rated it really liked it
Reader advisory from the cover

[i] WARNING: This book contains graphic shed-based images. Please don't look if you are easily offended [/i]

Because my disdain for the 50 Shades Trilogy of Tripe is somewhat legendary, certain people like to take the Micheal...Hence I got this for Christmas.

[i] Ever since she read THAT book, I've had to buy all kinds of ropes, chains and shackles. She still manages to get in the shed though. [/i]

Colin Grey is a happy man with simple tastes, or he is until his wife r
Amber Harrison
Mar 21, 2016 Amber Harrison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
Well… I read this on the packed bus home from town, bursting into hysterics every now and then, quietly giggling and reading bits out to my mother. We got some strange looks but it was a most enjoyable bus ride. I did find that the longer pages of the book (the actual plot line) were a little boring but the puns played well to my humour and kept me amused. I don’t think there is anything else left to say about it.
Bernadine
May 16, 2013 Bernadine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-clubs-best, 2013
Certainly a quick read, but one that had me smiling and even laughing out loud.
"Hurt me as only a real man can", so I left up the toilet seat.
No you don't have to have read 50 Shades and this further echoes why you wouldn't want to. A gentle mockery of that badly written bestseller.
Some lovely photography too. That said I'm not sure that the hefty price tag is justified.
Kate Aaron
Dec 31, 2015 Kate Aaron rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazon
Dear god I've just spent five minutes howling with laughter. This book is silly and puerile and hilarious.

"Are you sure you can take the pain?" she demanded, brandishing a pair of stilettos.
"I think so," I gulped
"here we go then," she said, and she showed me the receipt.

Genius.
Marran
Sep 15, 2012 Marran rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
what can I say other then lol.....I recently started following the twitter of @fiftyshedsofgrey

You can make do with the twitter but the book only cost a little over $3 so I figured it would be fun to have

it's a really short book though my bookreader says 78 pages (epub)
Angie
Feb 27, 2014 Angie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parody fans
Recommended to Angie by: no one
Shelves: ebook, adult-humor
This was a pretty funny spoof of fifty shades of grey, where a guy is obsessed with garden sheds. It's a bit short, I read it in about half an hour, but some of the things in it had me laugh out loud.
Carrie
Jun 18, 2014 Carrie rated it it was amazing
I started the book thinking the writing had to be as atrocious as the originals were, color me mildly impressed. I sadly give this wonderful waste of twenty minutes, four stars more than the originals, it would've been five but I can't give a negative rating star wise or the originals would've qualified.

I made the mistake of reading this particular parody after the rest of the house went to sleep, and about died trying to guffaw quietly.

this is one if those books you can give to even the most
Andy Angel
Jan 08, 2013 Andy Angel rated it it was ok
An okay parody, just glad I got it at a discount price.
Alex Man
Dec 10, 2014 Alex Man rated it it was amazing
A brilliant book full of innuendos!
It's a shame that I read this book before the original, as I think people who has read the original one would appreciate this one even more.

The only bad thing to say is that it isn't really LONG as size matters ;)

This book has a very very loose storyline, and most of it might seem to be a list of WhatSheSaid jokes. Nevertheless, this book has made me laugh out loud more than once and I highly recommend it.

PS: for more content you can follow the official Twitter
Trevor
Jun 02, 2013 Sadiq Kazi rated it liked it
Hilarious!
Giggle Snort
Jun 12, 2013 Giggle Snort rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers and haters of the original 'Fifty' trilogy
Shelves: reviewed
REVIEWED BY JOJO WRITES

In all honesty I wasn’t sure what to expect when I started reading this book, and not being a fan of the original series of books I had a degree of trepidation.

But it was completely unfounded and I freely admit I was wrong. I was almost immediately drawn into Colin’s life and his shed history as I sat behind my not-so-vast desk, in my not-so-vast room.

I mean, seriously, how can you not love something with the following line…
“My heart raced to see her lush, overgrown lawn –
Daniel Blue
Aug 31, 2014 Daniel Blue rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone needing a laugh
Recommended to Daniel by: no one, just browsed through a bookstore
I am amused by how many people complain about this book when reviewing it. I wonder if perhaps they got confused between ‘sheds’ and ‘shades’ when they bought it? I thought it clever and funny. As for its length, well you know it’s going to be short; you probably wouldn’t want it any longer than it is. Sometimes it is wonderful to just be silly and laugh out loud.
Robert
Mar 29, 2015 Robert rated it it was amazing
This has got to be one of the best parodies out there!!

I laughed out loud several times as the innuendos came thick and fast. For someone to write a book like this, they must have an absolute wicked sense of humour and you will certainly find most, if not all of it funny.

Great job CT Grey!!
Russio
Dec 22, 2012 Russio rated it it was ok
If you rate the original then no doubt this is some kind of high art to you, perhaps a kind of latter day Oscar Wilde. Having not read it this was a useful flypast for me, hinting at the key "plot" points of the original without me having to endure the agonising brain-sodomy I understand it to contain.

Essentially replacing the rude words with "shed," this is a hit and miss affair (no pun intended) with some amusing double entendres piled up next to some fairly humdrum ones. And that is about it
Devon Harper
Mar 24, 2016 Devon Harper rated it really liked it
This was a hilarious fast read for only 20p. I don't think it's worth it if you're paying full price because it really is very short. But there are a lot of funny passages and I'm sure the photos look a lot better when in colour and not on Kindle!
Charlotte
Oct 17, 2014 Charlotte rated it it was ok
A few of the jokes were quite funny, had me laughing aloud but as a parody, it didn't quite work for me. The longer writing trying to tell a bit of story were dull and I think it would have worked better if it had been kept to 2 or 3 liners throughout.
  • 9 Lives (Undying Love, #2)
  • Stonecutter
  • Mrs Brown's Family Handbook
  • The Witch Collection
  • After the Execution
  • Happy Hour
  • Fifty Shades of Beige (Book One of the Fifty Shades Parody)
  • Doctor Who and the Cave-Monsters
  • A Guy's Secret Guide to Fifty Shades of Grey
  • Glasshopper
  • Gone Girl Parody: So Far Gone, Girl
  • The Heart of the Dales
  • Chasing Heart (Ellen Martin Disasters #1)
  • The Half-life of Hannah
  • The Kafenion
  • Glass Geishas
  • Few Are Chosen (K'Barthan, #1)
  • Magic Rising (Stella Mayweather, #4)