Start by marking “The Viking's Witch” as Want to Read:
The Viking's Witch

The Viking's Witch

The Viking’s Witch
About to be burned at the stake by her fellow villagers, Odaria does what any betrayed witch facing certain death would do. She calls down a curse. Within seconds, rampaging Norsemen raid the village, capturing everyone except her.

But her reprieve is short-lived, and Odaria lands in the clutches of the Norse leader Rothgar. Can she remain true to herself
Published August 1st 2012 by Medallion Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Viking's Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Viking's Witch

Mary Beth
Nov 29, 2012 Mary Beth rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was reviewed for My Secret Romance Book Reviews (www.mysecretromancebookreviews.com)

As a historical romance goes this one had all the right ingredients. There was a rugged, yet sensitive hero, damsel in distress (who is, of course, a virgin), impossible situation that they need to be extracted from. Unfortunately they are not all put together in a way to make this a memorable book.

The leading man is part of a Viking marauding crew with an admitted erectile dysfunction. This is kind of a mo
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

Can Odaria really trust a Viking?

Odaria has never been able to trust a single soul on her small isle. Though she lives as an outcast, her life is relatively peaceful until the village leader, Brennan decides the village needs to be “cleansed” of Odaria’s witchcraft by burning her alive. When Odaria calls down a curse on the village, she didn’t expect a band of Norsemen to come charging out of the shadows, but will the brutal raiders b
Jessica(WonderlandReviews)
This book starts out in the thick of thing's, the main character is charged with witch craft, and though she has never denied her heritage, she refuses to admit to the evil deed's being thrown her way. So she is being escorted to the pile of wood which is intended to burn her alive with.

Using what she believes to be her last breath she summons down a curse on the villager's, which just so happens to be the Viking's who lurked nearby.

I think the author played it well, creating a chance circumsta
Anne
Feb 07, 2014 Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good book. Loved the characters and story. Well written and keeps you turning the pages a good Viking romance.
Lisa
Aug 08, 2013 Lisa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
The description of this book had me really intrigued and it didn't sound like most of the drivel that's out there, so I wanted to check it out. While it started off pretty well, it soon devolved into all the worst tropes of bad 80's bodice rippers.
(view spoiler)
Liloshadow (ReNee)
Entertaining and well written...BUT...

This story grabs your attention right from the beginning, but in some ways it fell flat for me. Just a warning there are some mild spoilers towards the end of the review.

Pros: I liked the characters for the most part. The heroine was a brave and feisty witch who has a kind compassionate heart. The hero is a troubled viking who rescues the heroine when she needs him the most. He is also quite charming and sweet. The author did a good job building up the chem
V.A. Dold
Aug 21, 2012 V.A. Dold rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Where do I begin to describe this book? I have never read a Viking era book before so I wasn't sure what to expect.

I found the world building and character behaviors very believable. Many times when books are written about the past a lot of things are made up to fit out present day moral system which they did not have back then. It was survival at a brutal hard level. I was happy to see that was not the case. Kelli writes the Vikings and the sea faring brutes that I am sure they were. And let me
Martina Urbanová
3,5
Nebolo to také zlé, celkom dobrá myšlienka, len Vikingovia mi miestami pripomínali skôr ufňukané slečinky a čarodejnica zase vyzerala ako jediná, čo má gule. Dobrý námet, fajn spracovanie, ale dôvod, prečo to nakoniec nefungovalo, bol skutočne prostý - príliš krátky časový úsek. Za pár dní sa toho udeje veľa, ale keďže je to len pár dní, vyzerá to nakoniec ako niečo, čo pripomína insta-love.
Nevadí, no, možno to bude lepšie nabudúce :)
Susie
Feb 07, 2017 Susie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable short story.

This was my first viking genre novel and by this author as well and I can honestly say I enjoyed it very much. Our leading man Rothgar was deliciously alpha male and gorgeous as a viking should be, big and muscular with long blond hair and blue eyes he was just drool worthy. He was a man with a painful past who you just couldn't help but feel sorry for even though he was confident, sweet and brave. From the moment he meets our leading lady Odaria he feels a physical attr
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books
Aug 17, 2012 Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal lovers, and historical romances
Recommended to Michelle's by: Innovative Online Book Tours
I received a complementary copy of this book for a book tour on my blog, for my to give my honest review. You can see more reviews and extras there too. Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books

I was pleasantly surprised when I read this book, as I usually do not read any kind of historical books, I have maybe read under 10 in my whole life, so when I say I was happy with this, that’s a great compliment, as its outside my comfort zone, but we did have what I must have, and that’s a bit of paranormal,
Kelli
Jul 27, 2012 Kelli rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Reviews for The Viking’s Witch

“5 stars! I enjoyed this book from the Viking era! A must read! Kelli’s writing is flawless and beautiful, her world building is amazing, and you can literally “see” this world as it was back in that era. This book was full of excitement and twist and turns that I did not see coming. Overall I loved this book, and highly recommend it.” - Michelle Lynn, ConciseReviews

“5 stars! Loved it! The Viking's Witch is a great read penned with strong characters. I was totally e
OpenBookSociety.com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Lee

Odaria is about to be burned at the stake by her enraged Pict village, incited to overlook all of the good magic she has done for them by the evil words of the village leader, Brennan. So naturally, she does what anyone endowed with supernatural powers would do when trapped in a near death situation: she calls down a curse upon the village. However, even Odaria is surprised when that curse takes the form of a ship of Viking raiders, led by the noble Rothgar. Rot
KyBunnies
Aug 15, 2012 KyBunnies rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is set in my favorite era. I love reading books set in the Viking or Dark Ages. I have wondered why authors do not write more in this time period. There is so much history and information to write about it is amazing. I quickly grab any book about this era without thought to the genre.

Odaria is a witch. She knows it, the villagers know it and at one time no one cared. That is until one man who is suppose to be the leader and head of the church decides that God has told him to remove th
Louisa
Aug 18, 2012 Louisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book, very sweet in the romance parts, and awesome in the battles and destruction, mostly, besides when the hero gets beaten up. Loved it!

*Full review from Words I Write Crazy on August 24th*
This was a really, really, really good book! Really enjoyed reading it, just sped right through it, even though I had planned on reading it the next day (which is making me really glad that I read it when I did, because yesterday was really, really, really busy and I might not have gotten a chance
Star
Aug 10, 2012 Star rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Odaria is a Pictish witch, the last in her family’s line of witches. Egged on by Brennan, the village leader, the village has come together to burn Odaria at the stake. Prior to the fire being lit, Odaria sets a curse on the village and it takes effect immediately in the form of Viking raiders. Rothgar, the Viking king’s nephew, is on a mission to find Orvind, his cousin. Rothgar rescues Odaria and they feel a profound connection between them, but the path to potential happiness is long and rock ...more
Úlfdís
I would give this book a negative rating if I could. It started out ok: pretty standard Viking romance plot, decent but not amazing plot. I didn't understand how such a powerful witch who can whip up storms when angry couldn't get out of rope or defend herself, but I can get past that.

What made me put the book down was the rape of the male lead, BY THE FEMALE LEAD. After about 2/3 of the book was them trying to have sex, but being interupted. The day after being interupted as he was literally a
Debbie
Aug 12, 2013 Debbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
this deserves 3.5 stars. better than 3 but not quite 4!
the plot is laid out quite well in other reviews, so I'll not go there again, but this story throws you right in! the relationship between Odaria and Rothgar is dynamic, and quite witty at times. the plot moves along at a good pace and is highly believable for the time it is set.
it would be good if there is a follow up, about their times together having sailed home.
some sex, but not explicit, slightly amusing sometimes! violence is quite gra
Michael
Dec 10, 2014 Michael rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was recommended to me by a friend who told me the book was "one of the best books she has ever read"

Personally, this book did nothing for me what so ever. I did not like either of the protagonists Odaria and Rothgar. I feel like Wilkins tried to hard to make Odaria sassy and sarcastic and instead Odaria came across annoying. Rothgar was okay if a little of the cliché side of male Romance novel protagonists. The plot was okay and moved quick enough that the story did drag.

Dawn Lubertowicz
Jul 06, 2013 Dawn Lubertowicz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The characters were amazing. You can see two damaged souls, who didn't really trust each other at first, but learn to. They see, while on the isle, that they can only trust each other as there are so many backstabbers on the isle with them. They also find out the ones that you shouldn't trust end up being the ones to help them along the way. Their emotions seem real as you felt each emotion from the character. You can feel the connection between the two characters and know they were meant to be.
Merima Smajic
It's late, I know but the inconsistencies in this book are so many I wonder why I'm still reading it. A which ( odaria) is threatening a Viking and this being the beginning of 9th century mind you she gets away with it! Whaaa! I mean not even Buddha himself would be so composed as this Rothgar. I'm mad and km just reading that pages- lucky I'm reading of my phone otherwise this particular book would have made great fodder for the fireplace. Now that's Viking for you!
LadyCalico
The paranormal elements just did not work in this kind of story and a lot of the time did not work for the heroine either--sometimes she saved herself with magic, sometimes was just a helpless heroine in distress--no rhyme or reason about when, why, or how she employed her magic, making many huge plot holes. If this story is your cup of tea than I am glad you read it, but it was not my cup or tea and I am sorry I wasted the time and aggravation.
Rachel
Aug 10, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderfully twisting historical romance story that depicts a time when life was hard and differences eradicated. The characters are well written with personal histories and studied personalities. The historic content has obviously been well researched and factual information interacts well with the story-line. I read this through one day as the book hooked me from the start. A well written piece of work that entices me to look for more by this author.
Amanda Richardson
Aug 18, 2013 Amanda Richardson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did like this book, but I really just wanted them to get it on. How many times can one couple get interrupted??? The build up was really sexy, though and it was worth the wait. I liked both the hero and the heroine, but was totally mad at the hero when he was going to betray the heroine. He always meant to rescue her, but she was beyond mad. I will look for more from this author, I really liked the story.
Dawn
Dec 08, 2013 Dawn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: silly-romantic
The Viking's Witch is a bit of fun, but unfortunately nothing more. The plot is sparse and the characters are bearable if shallow. I wont deny that it was a fun read, but disappointing to look back on. The main character has a range of about three emotions and no thought process beyond eat, sleep and make love.
Karen
This is set in 803 A.D., a period I don't know much about so I can't intelligently comment on the historical accuracy. It did seem appropriately brutal from what little I do know about that era. The brutality was balanced by the quieter, more personal moments. I didn't especially care for the big misunderstanding near the end, but that's sort of a requirement for a romance it seems.
Terkik
Nov 02, 2014 Terkik rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: already-have
Hodně dobře se to četlo. Přesto mám ke knize určité výtky a jak jsem zjistila, autorka v psaní lechtivých či romantických scén není moc dobrá. Meč? To jako vážně? Přes to všechno se mi kniha nějakým zázrakem líbila. Co autorka zkazila romantikou, dohnala zbytkem.
Robert Eder
May 26, 2014 Robert Eder rated it it was amazing
The Viking's Witch..

A great story and I will be reading this book again. it had a great plot as I read the story it was like I was in the past watching it.
Anna
Aug 03, 2013 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I appreciated that while there was plenty of romance the book did not skip over some of what would happen in a raid.
Nicole
Apr 19, 2014 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-scifi
I enjoyed this fantasy book for a simple time distraction. It's not going to change my life but it took up some time which was what I was looking for.
Eva Lantsoght
Amazon freebie - starts promising in the middle of a lot of action, but ends up turning into a super predictable story.
  • True Highland Spirit (Highlander #3)
  • From the Ballroom and Beyond, A Limited Edition Nine Book Regency Romance Box Set
  • Knight's Caress
  • Aces Wild (Angels Avengers #1)
  • The Viking
  • Viking!
  • Daring Masquerade
  • Knight of Seduction
  • Heart's Ransom (Heart and Soul #1)
  • The Saxon's Daughter
  • Burning Tigress (Tigress, #4)
  • Fiona Thorn and the Carapacem Spell
  • Just a Little Lie (Shades of Deception, #1)
  • Until You
  • Caught on Film: An American Nightmare
  • Stolen Fruits: A Bride For The Viking (Part One)
  • Wickeds Scandal (The Wickeds #1)
  • The Lord and the Scorpion
Kelli A. Wilkins is an award-winning author who has published more than 100 short stories, 19 romance novels, and 5 non-fiction books. Her romances span many genres and heat levels.

"Loving a Wild Stranger" was released in January 2017. This historical/pioneer romance is set in the wilds of the Michigan Territory and blends tender romance with adventure.

Kelli's third Medallion Press romance, "Lies
More about Kelli A. Wilkins...