Start by marking “Wolf's Rite” as Want to Read:
Wolf's Rite

Wolf's Rite

4.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  13 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Published October 1st 2002 by Russell Dean & Company

To ask other readers questions about Wolf's Rite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolf's Rite

Paul
Feb 08, 2009 Paul rated it really liked it
Llewellyn "Lew" Smith is a hot-shot New York advertising executive. He is also obnoxious, controlling, manipulative and willing to walk over anyone to get what he wants. In short, he is a thoroughly dislikable person, the sort of person who deserves to die in the early part of the novel.

One day, his boss sends him to New Mexico to do some pro bono advertising work for a group of Navajo indians. When he arrives, a couple of other Native Americans, who have no liking for white men, put him in thei
Steve
Every time while on vacation, I try to find a book from a local author. When I picked it up, I didn't realize that the author was from the town where I bought it... Port Townsend, Washington.

The character was interesting, the plot a bit mystical in the native-american lore variety, and the details and backgrounds were well conceived. I enjoyed the book but didn't feel that anything was exceptional.

The plot centered around a narcissistic ad-executive who worked hard at manipulating and positioni
Timothy
Mar 20, 2013 Timothy rated it really liked it
More character study than novel, "Wolf’s Rite" is a dive into the spiritual makeup of a man who likes to win no matter who gets hurt along the way. Lew goes by the handle Wolf, a name his friends have adopted for him. But when he is sent to make a client of a mysterious band of Native Americans, Lew is taught some hard lessons about being wolf.

Spirituality is a central theme. Persun paints a vivid picture of the journey his central character travels. Several references from Wolf’s perspective co
Guy Allen
Sep 01, 2013 Guy Allen rated it really liked it
This is the story of a ruthless but successful advertising executive, who undergoes a spiritual trip under the guidance of a group of Native Americans. When confronted with a murder charge and the responsibility for a friend's suicide, he undergoes a struggle to modify his agressive behavior and relate to people in a positive manner.
Wolf's Rite is an interesting and well-written story. The development of Wolf as the main character is entirely three-dimensional and believable. Individual developm
Veronica Winternheimer  Samberg
The rich hard big shot Lew was a favorite character right from the start for me. I liked something about him , I loved how they developed the story of his life (ex wife , child , and the best friends) right off .
Left you not wondering who and what happened .
I did not like how the "spiritual trip" ended left me wondering what was going why it happened and what is had to do with much of the story.
I did give it 5 stars for the fact that I will re read it at some point and that I would recommended f
Cheryl
Jul 25, 2007 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Every once in a while you read a book that not only touches you, but evokes you. This is a once in a while book. In Wolf's Rite, we are shown the good in the bad and the victory of such a finding. A book that not only advocates stopping to smell the roses, but listening to them too. A Shamanistic Vision Quest changes the life of Llewellyn "Wolf" Smith and in turn, those around him. A warm spirituality that brings you down to earth and then blends you in to it.

Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Cath White
Cath White marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Zee
Zee marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Darnise Chilo
Darnise Chilo rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2016
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Gwen
Gwen marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Mommacat
Mommacat marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Brianna Olesh
Brianna Olesh marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Wendy Dill
Wendy Dill marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Stephanie Robello
Stephanie Robello marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
B.  Barron
B. Barron marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Kari
Kari marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Chris Rakoczy Taylor
Chris Rakoczy Taylor marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Summer Sartain
Summer Sartain marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Michelle Coddington
Michelle Coddington marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Christine Peterson
Christine Peterson marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Danielle Nolan
Danielle Nolan marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
May 28, 2013
1219743
Terry Persun received his MA in Creative Writing from SUNY Stony Brook. He has published 22 novels, four poetry collections, and three non-fiction books. His novel, Wolfs Rite, was nominated as the fiction book of the year by ForeWord magazine. The novel also won the POW! Book of the Year Award and a Star of Washington Award. His novel, Giver of Gifts, was a finalist in the USA Book News Best Book ...more
More about Terry Persun...