Start by marking “The Celebrated Pedestrian” as Want to Read:
The Celebrated Pedestrian

The Celebrated Pedestrian

Faith Wentworth’s father is a renowned sportsman and national celebrity, but Faith despises all sport and wants to be admired for herself, not her father’s exploits. So when Sir Anthony and then Lord Frederick begin to pay her marked attentions she’s suspicious of their motives. Sir Anthony obviously cares more for her father than for her, but it seems as if Lord Frederick ...more
Published July 25th 2012 by LeMoyne House (first published July 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Celebrated Pedestrian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Celebrated Pedestrian

Oct 14, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wavered between 3 and 4 stars on this. I enjoyed it as a relaxing Sunday afternoon read, and appreciated its sweet good humor. But I always have trouble deciding on numbers of stars.

The Celebrated Pedestrian is a sweet book with some charming gentle humor. The conflicts are muted. It’s pretty clear right from the start how the romance will sort out, but it’s an enjoyable process watching the romance progress. If you’re in the mood for a quick book about genuinely nice people who are rewarded w
Suzanne's books are always a delight and they get better and better. This is a fun Regency romance with wonderful insight dealing with characterization. Often an author can accurately portray the main characters' inner workings, but Suzanne is spot on with everyone in the book! And they are all different! Well done.
Lady Salford
I'm being a bit generous with my rating for this novel since the author's previous books were much better than the flow of this story. Four sets of couples eventually got together, which is quite a lot for such a short story. I felt that not enough time was given to each couple let alone the main characters.

Overall, it was a quick read that helped satisfy my regency withdrawals.
Oct 15, 2012 Cathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good. This was an enjoyable book, just some pleasant, light reading. The love stories were cute and sweet. My only complaint is that I wasn't completely involved in the romances; they didn't quite catch me up in them as I might have liked. I think the book was too brief for that. But an entertaining, clean book.
May 31, 2013 sandy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book as a part of the Goodreads giveaway. It is a fun read, basically your chick-flick Victorian novel, but without much literary depth. You pretty much know what is going to happen by the first chapter.
Sep 08, 2012 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know this is shocking, but like all of Allain's books... I loved it. It was quite as funny as her other two books, and I definitely laughed out loud a few times. I hope she keeps writing because it makes Christmas shopping so much easier. Look for this under the tree :)
Jenna L
Aug 27, 2014 Jenna L rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Featherweight reading with an extremely predictable plot. The characters were lightly developed. Too many modern attitudes and phrases to be anywhere near authentic Regency.
Jul 26, 2015 P. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A complete delight. The intro is quite amusing, and there are enough chuckles scattered thru out as well. You can't but like Sir Anthony Burke.
Amy rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2014
Dua'a Behbehani
Dua'a Behbehani rated it it was ok
Jun 17, 2016
Kelsey rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2015
Feb 11, 2016 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Short and Sweet Regency. Allain is becoming one of my favorites.
Rachel rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2013
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2014
tawana rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2012
Highland-dreamer rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2014
Robin rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2012
DeAnn rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Jan 12, 2013 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Great author! Makes me want to re-read Mr. Malcom's List. Similar playful attitude.
Calli rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2012
May 27, 2016 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jane Austen read!
Anne rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2014
Beth Parker
Beth Parker rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2015
Stacey rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2014
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2013
Beth rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2015
Rlh rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2014
Crystal Eldredge
Crystal Eldredge rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Stephanie Vincent
Stephanie Vincent rated it it was ok
Mar 07, 2015
  • Lord Sidley's Last Season
  • Once Upon a Christmas (Nobody, #2)
  • Carla Kelly's Christmas Collection
  • Escapade
  • The Tenacious Miss Tamerlane (Alphabet Series, #2)
  • The Unexpected Wife
  • Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind (Avalon Romance)
  • Brighton Road
  • A Loyal Companion
  • Danse de la Folie
  • The Captain's Wallflower
  • The Rose-Garden Husband
  • The Glitter and the Gold (Love, #10) (Endearing Young Charms, #7)
  • In Milady's Chamber (John Pickett Mysteries, #1)
  • The Country Gentleman