Start by marking “Fearless” as Want to Read:
Fearless

Fearless

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  129 ratings  ·  36 reviews

When she rescues Demetrius from an iron prison, he pledges his life to protect hers until he can return the fa
Published August 7th 2012 by Smashwords Edition (first published July 31st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fearless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fearless

Nobody Loves a Bigfoot Like a Bigfoot Babe by Simon OkillSeptember Ends by Hunter S. JonesThe Mistaken by Nancy S.  ThompsonThe Beast Within by Jonathan YanezRunning Scarred by Jackie Williams
Amazon Breakthrough Novels 2013
14th out of 248 books — 663 voters
City of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareThe Selection by Kiera CassFinale by Becca FitzpatrickRapture by Lauren KateFlutter by Melissa Andrea
Best YA Covers for 2012
263rd out of 470 books — 1,555 voters

More lists with this book...

T.B. Markinson
This story is a quick read, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t much to it. In a short amount of time, Rains sucked me into the story and on many occasions I was laughing out loud. FEARLESS is unique, entertaining, fun, and scary.
ShoSho
A fun short story. I started reading it thinking it's about a seven year old.It was better than a full length novel.
Cherie
A unique and fast-paced novella, Christine Rains’ FEARLESS launches out of the shadows and into readers’ hearts.

At age seven, Abby White killed the monster under the bed. Now, as one of the Fearless, she slays children’s worse nightmares along with her guide, a stuffed hippo named Tawa. But after one particular hard fought battle, she rescues Demetrius—he’s devastatingly handsome, charming, and one of the wild fae. As Abby fights her attraction for Demetrius and the rise of monsters, she’ll need
Summer Ross
"Fearless" by Christine Rains is a fast and fun read. While it's not a good book for young adult or children as the cover might suggest with a stuffed hippo on the front, it has a good plot moving the story forward.

Here is the pros and the cons will follow.

I gave this book four stars because of the following reasons:
1)Fast easy read.

2)Dialogue in this book between the heroine and the love interest was believable and amusing pushing the characters forward.

3) the guiding spirit trapped inside the
Shelley
Fearless was a fun, entertaining, fast-paced read that I had trouble putting down. Ever read a book and find yourself saying "just one more chapter"? That's Fearless.

Abby is a strong and likable character. I adored Demetrius and Tawa even more, though. Demetrius is funny and admirable, and everybody should have a friend like Tawa, even a stuffed hippo friend.

The story kept me turning pages (er, swiping my screen, as it was an e-book), and my only complaint is that it was very short. I knew this
Laura Josephsen
I enjoyed this story so much! The fast-paced novella featured a strong, confident female protagonist who used her brain (and some really awesome swords). I loved that Abby saved herself over and over again but still worked with (or listened to) others. Despite this being a short story, it never felt rushed and the relationship she formed with Demetrius never felt forced or sudden. Super fun, spooky, gory at times--yeah, I'll definitely read this one again.
Clare Dugmore
This is an excellent paranormal romance novella. The characters are well thought out, and well realised, even though it's not a full length novel. The plot/ mythology is genius, and there's plenty of twists and turns at the climax. I utterly enjoyed this, and can't wait to see more from Christine. It was action packed, fast paced, edge of your seat action, peppered through with some steamy romance and a very sassy hippo!
Kyra
I cannot heap enough praise on Christine Rains for writing this book! It's just a brilliant idea, well written, and with a kick-ass main character! Definitely worth reading!
Ashley Hill

Was originally posted on Paranormal Sisters: http://paranormalsisters.blogspot.com...

I was drawn in by this “Abby White was seven years old when she killed the monster under her bed. Now she slays creatures spawned by the fertile imaginations of children, and the number of these nightmares are on the rise. Neither she nor her guide - a stuffed hippo named Tawa - know why.” and found the talking stuffed animal completely adorable! So being intrigued and loving the idea of a person slaying the mon
Aubrie Dionne
Fearless by Christine Rains

A truly unique children’s tale with a big message…

My favorite lines:

“Her parents looked at her as if she were sick like her Aunt Hilde who lived in that special hospital.”

And

“The washer? You’re a cruel woman, Abigail Grace. You know the washer makes me sick.”

And, of course:

“What would it feel like to have him kiss her? Would he be tender? Or would he be as wild as he was when fighting?”

Abby White killed her first monster under the bed at age seven, and she’s been at it
Elle (Lost in Wonderland)

Find more reviews at Lost In Wonderland

This book has been sitting on my computer waiting to be read for a VERY long time. I had actually completely forgotten about it, till I cam past a review of it the other day, which motivated me to give it a go. All in all this was an enjoyable read, I read it in one sitting in fact (although that is not hard to do considering it’s only 75 pages or so). The book starts with Abby the main character as a 7 year old, and her encounter with her monster under
Colette
Fearless was a joy to read. It was a breath of fresh air to read because the plot was so original. loved that the heroine chased demons from children's nightmares. I loved the chemistry between Demetrius and Abby. I loved that he broke through her barriers and let her know that it was ok to relay on someone else and not just herself. I also enjoyed how Abby didn't let him do everything for her, even though he tried his hardest to.

The character that I loved the best though, was the stuffed hippo
Linda
This review was originally posted on Big Al's Books and Pals review blog on September 11, 2012

Abby is one of the Fearless, she slays nightmare monsters turned real by the frightened imaginations of children. After a brief prologue, Rains starts chapter one in the middle of a battle in which Abby saves the life of a fae imprisoned in a trunk bound with iron. Demetrius is a fae from the Darkwood clan and now refuses to leave Abby's side. According to the blood debt, his body and soul are hers unti
Chrys Fey
When I was little, I was afraid of what hid under my bed at night. I'm glad there wasn't a monster because I don't think I would've been as brave as Abby.

I adore Christine Rains' imagination! An old spirit guide disguised as a stuffed hippo named Tawa? I wouldn't be able to come up with anything more creative if I tried! I love strong heroines and Abigail White, one of the Fearless, is just that with swords and monster-killing abilities. I also love sexy, mysterious heroes and you can't get any
H.G. Estok
Too much fun. I don't read a lot (any?) paranormal romance novellas, but this one kicks serious butt! Well-developed characters, fast-paced with lots of action, a solid good versus evil theme, and plenty of banter to go around. Tawa gets most of the best lines, but Abby holds her own as a strong female protagonist worth rooting for. The writing itself is well-wrought, and I can't wait to dive into the next Rains title on my Kindle.
Medeia Sharif
Abby White is one of the Fearless, a monster killer. She killed her childhood monster when she was seven and as an adult she goes around town protecting children by slaying their monsters. Tawa, her talking stuffed hippo, guides her during her nightly quests. Abby comes across Demetrius, a sexy fairy, and she finds that even though she has feelings for him she doesn’t want to act on them since she has a job to do. He won’t leave her side since he has a debt to pay after she saved him. The two be ...more
Crystal Collier
This is a quick read with some terribly unique aspects that left me giggling. There are significant innuendos, scary sequences, battles, and laugh-worthy moments. Recommended for older audiences.
C.M. Brown

This story is like a charming adult fairytale.

It has the charm and character of the more traditional fairytales we read to children, but is written with an adult audience in mind.

The main character is one of the Fearless. The Fearless are destined to protect children from the monsters which torment them. The monsters which are unseen by the adults of the world, you know the ones that hide in bedroom cupboards and under beds!

With a little sexual tension building among the main character, Abby Whi
Twidlebug
I like the concept of fighting the monster under the bed. I think the male character was kind of unnecessary. He really didn't add much to the story.
Tasha
Fearless is an amazing story.... As a child we fear the monster under our bed or even the monster in our closet.... we were always afraid to go to sleep thinking the monster would come out and attack in this book the children have their protector to fight off the monsters that our mind creates. What a wonderful read this was
Stephanie
The only bad thing about this book is its to short.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
I received this book free as part of a promotion through Amazon UK.

This story is very fast paced and as such Christine Rains manages to get a lot of action, character development, relationships etc in a very short amount of pages but without any of it seeming rushed. The story itself is very interesting, as is the development between Demetrius, Abby and Tawa. A very interesting take on an old story - after all, how many times were you afraid of things that go bump in the night when you were a ch
Teresa
I really like the premise of this story. I think Rains was very creative when she invented "The Fearless". It was a fast, fun read. The stuffed toy was an excellent, at times humorous, touch. But the book felt rushed, and the characters weren't quite as developed as they could have been.

The cover might mislead some to think this is children's, or even MG material. It's a bit dark for that, and there is (very limited) mild sexual innuendo.

Jordana
This was a fun, quick read that's great for young readers. I immediately recommended it my four boys, who also enjoyed it. Who doesn't love a young, independent lady kicking the crap out of monsters hiding in the darkness of our bedrooms. I don't typically read in this age demographic, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Joanne
It was rather short and simplistic for my tastes. I think a lot could have been done with the main premise but it doesn't seem to have been developed as much as I would have liked to see. It is a short book though, and I didn't pay very much for it (it may have been free on Amazon) so it was probably worth the money.
Dr susan
Fearless is a fun short story set with a very different heroine and unusual monsters. The suggestive language makes it an adult story. Fearless feels like a story with the potential to be better and longer.
Jen Wylie
I really loved this book. Love the kick butt female leads! Having Fae certainly didn't help either and I loved the talking stuffy. :) Recommend this one! Very enjoyable easy read.
Stephanie
I could do without all the sexual tension in this (didn't really ring quite true) but the story about the monsters and how they were came to be was interesting.
Jemi Fraser
What a fun story! I loved Abby and Tawa. Great concept of taking down childhood monsters and a fun twist with the monsters themselves. Great story :)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Aaibhe-Shee Queen (Legend, #0.25)
  • Death Inception (Death, #3)
  • Spider Wars (Lords of Shifters)
  • The Night Girl: The Complete Series (All 8 Books)
  • Blood Born
  • The Backworlds (Book 1)
  • Tainted Energy
  • The Forever Contract
  • A Hell Hound's Fire (Cloudburst, Colorado #1)
  • Wilted (The Witching Pen series, #0.5)
  • Unbalanced (Demon Lovers, #1)
  • The Blood King (Dardanos, Colorado #1)
  • Death (The Devil's Roses, #5)
  • Laid Bear
  • Dark Matter Heart (Cor Griffin Bloodsuckers, #1)
  • Zombie Nights
  • Under the Blue (Blue, #1)
  • Crescent Moon (Cat Clan, #3)
Christine Rains is a writer, blogger, and geek mom. When she's not playing games with her son, she's playing games with her friends. She has four degrees which do not help at all with motherhood but make her a great Jeopardy player.

Christine has several novellas and short stories published. She's the author of the paranormal romance series, The 13th Floor. She is a member of Untethered Realms and
More about Christine Rains...
1301: The Marquis (The 13th Floor, #1) 1302 - The Alpha (The 13th Floor series, #2) 1303 - The Dragonslayer (The 13th Floor series, #3) The 13th Floor Complete Collection 1304 - The Harbinger (The 13th Floor series, #4)